Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

Just saw the lineup.  Everything looks fantastic. 

Was hard holding off on ordering the irons.  

As others have said, they took the G410 and I210 and met in the middle. 

• Like 2

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & & FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I got some time with both drivers on the sim today.  I used a Ping Tour 65 stiff that plays at 45.25” in both drivers, definitely not what I would be using but it’s what I have to work with at the

Happened to be around when the rep was in the shop.  Love the color combo in person.  Saw the hybrids and fw’s as well.  Turbulators are gone in the fw’s I believe.   Amazing how flat the soles are in

@SwingBlues Here you go.  Both are set on the standard loft setting.  LST is first and MAX is second.  LST sits square to a little open.  MAX sits a touch closed.  

Posted Images

Sorry, don't have the time to read through this thread, but when will the G425 irons be released in the US?  

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 17.5*
Ping G410 Hybrid 21*
TaylorMade P790 4i
TaylorMade SLDR 5i - PW

Titleist Vokey SM8 50* 60*
Titleist SM6 Jet Black 56*

EVNROLL ER1.2 Tour Blade 33.5"

2 minutes ago, jjl said:

Sorry, don't have the time to read through this thread, but when will the G425 irons be released in the US?  

In stores early February

• Like 1

Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

2 minutes ago, jjl said:

February

Edited by tbowles411
G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)

Anyone catch this on Wall to Wall on Golf.com.  Champ and Hovland using G425, but it was this quote that caught my attention:

Ping’s G425 line made its PGA Tour debut in Las Vegas, where a number of marquee names chose to break the driver in, including Cameron Champ and Viktor Hovland. The clean crown — the last driver lacking Ping’s “Turbulators” was G25 — classic shape and rich sound were three things players highlighted during testing.

"Clean Crown" on driver...I thought the G425 driver had Turbulators?  Either Wall has it wrong or they are making clean crown versions for the tour pros.  Anyone actually see a clean crown version?  Maybe just talking about fairways, but he did say driver.

• Like 1

Finau posted a video to IG where it looked like the TURBS were still there. 190 ball speed and 327 carry with a smooth swing. Sound was perfect. 

Ping G410 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G410 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 10X 
Ping Blueprint 4-W KBS $ Taper PVD 130X  
New Level M-Type 50/54/60 KBS 610 S+
SIK DW 2.0 KBS CT Tour  
Tour BX / TP5X / Z Star XV 

57 minutes ago, jt2gt said:

Anyone catch this on Wall to Wall on Golf.com.  Champ and Hovland using G425, but it was this quote that caught my attention:

Ping’s G425 line made its PGA Tour debut in Las Vegas, where a number of marquee names chose to break the driver in, including Cameron Champ and Viktor Hovland. The clean crown — the last driver lacking Ping’s “Turbulators” was G25 — classic shape and rich sound were three things players highlighted during testing.

"Clean Crown" on driver...I thought the G425 driver had Turbulators?  Either Wall has it wrong or they are making clean crown versions for the tour pros.  Anyone actually see a clean crown version?  Maybe just talking about fairways, but he did say driver.

Yes, I'm thinking he mispoke or mistyped. The driver I saw definitely still has the turbulators.  I can't imagine they would do a tour version without them. 

Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

Yep, turbulators on all three drivers. No turbulators on any of the fairways or hybrids. I think this is part of Ping's slow phase-out of turbulators. I bet the 425 will be the last driver line to have them.

Edited by uglande

PING G10 Plus 1W (Ventus Blue 6X)

PING G425 Max 3W / 7W (Ventus Blue 7X)

MIZUNO MP-20 HMB 2i / 4i (Ventus Blue 9X)

MIZUNO MP-20 Blades 5i-PW (Modus 120 Stiff)

TITLEIST Vokey SM8 52F / 58M (Modus 120 Stiff)

LAB Directed Force 2.1 | Pro V1x | CP2 Pro & Wrap

Maybe I'm on an island, but I love the Turbulators on the driver. Won't prevent me from playing Ping if they end up going away on the driver, but it helps me address. I've been playing Ping woods since the G30, so I'm also very used to seeing them. Hitting my G400 3 wood extremely well, but do plan on adding the G425 LST driver and the G425 3 Hybrid to my bag. Those will be replacing my G410 LST driver and G 3 Hybrid. Love the look of the new hybrid.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, uglande said:

Yep, turbulators on all three drivers. No turbulators on any of the fairways or hybrids. I think this is part of Ping's slow phase-out of turbulators. I bet the 425 will be the last driver line to have them.

I'll take that bet.

When they first came out, Ping themselves said that for the vast majority tangible benefits would be had only with the drivers, which is why they initially weren't on FWs or hybrids.   Even when they added them, they acknowledged that it was cosmetic.

Just a hunch on my part, but I suspect what they've learned is that unless you already own a Ping driver, turbulators were a negative selling point.  

• Like 2
On 10/20/2020 at 12:12 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Just saw the lineup.  Everything looks fantastic. 

Was hard holding off on ordering the irons.  

As others have said, they took the G410 and I210 and met in the middle. 

That'd be about perfect for me. I have the G400's and the i210's and as a 4 hdcp I can't seem to hit the i210's better. Misses are just punished that little bit more. It's fun to watch the Zozo Championship today with Munoz and Hatton both in the top 3 with the i210's but perhaps that's just more evidence I should be playing something a bit more forgiving. I would like to play something a bit more svelte than the G400's and the G425's might be exactly what the Dr. ordered! 

• Like 1

@Vakaviti, we look forward to some thoughts/review.  I was hoping we would see more by now, but this thread is a little slow.  Looks so nice, but it's going to have to perform to beat out my G410 LST.

• Like 2

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Ping G400 Max 9° EF White 65s 44.5"
Titleist TS2 16.5°  EF White 65s
Ping G410 21° EF White 75s
Ping G410 22°/25°/30° Hybrid Tensei White
Ping G410 7-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/ Stealth 2.0 SW

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe Bigfoot LW
Ping Sigma 2 Valor

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

@Vakaviti, we look forward to some thoughts/review.  I was hoping we would see more by now, but this thread is a little slow.  Looks so nice, but it's going to have to perform to beat out my G410 LST.

I'll go through some proper testing over the next few days, currently has the ping tour shaft in it but will also try the ventus black 6x and va nemsys 65x. Coming from a Taylormade SIM during the fit the G425 flat out performed practically eliminated the right side of the course for me. Will report back soon 🙂 

• Like 4

Waiting for reviews!!! 🤩

Edited by Cwing

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

11 hours ago, vakaviti said:

I'll go through some proper testing over the next few days, currently has the ping tour shaft in it but will also try the ventus black 6x and va nemsys 65x. Coming from a Taylormade SIM during the fit the G425 flat out performed practically eliminated the right side of the course for me. Will report back soon 🙂 

Ping Tour shaft one of the most underrated ones out there. Absolutely love that thing. 

• Like 2
On 10/21/2020 at 4:53 PM, endy said:

Finau posted a video to IG where it looked like the TURBS were still there. 190 ball speed and 327 carry with a smooth swing. Sound was perfect. 

Hit this two weeks ago, its properly hot! jumps off the face... saw some marked increases in clubhead and ball speed... Nice looking club too, better IMO than the 410. 

Edited by ewaldbeukes
Spelling
  • Like 2

Cobra Fly Z Driver, UST Mamiya Elements Fire 6F5

Cobra Fly Z Fairway, UST Mamiya Elements Fire 6F5

Cobra Fly Z Hybrid, Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H 2.3-X

Mizuno MP5 4-PW, True Temper X100

Cleveland RTX 3 50, 54, 60

Ping G2 Anser

Few baseline swings today with the stock ping tour shaft today, weather has been terrible here lately so havent been able to get out much but so far so good. Wasnt swining it the best today will get some more testing in with the ventus black next.

Takeaways from the session today:

• super forgiving on mishits
  • ball feels like it comes off the face hot
  • sounds amazing

More testing required but so far so good 

G425 Ping Tour 65X.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Rpete33 said:

Do we have a release date yet?

No date can be published, but look for them in shops in the US by early February. 

• Like 1

Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

46 minutes ago, ASak10 said:

Anyone know when they'll be available for fitting/demo?  I have a driver fitting set for a few weeks for now and it would be nice to give it the G425 a go!

Early January from what I understand. 

• Like 2

Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

Just saw Freddy Couples switched to a G425 LST 9 degrees after 10 years with old driver. Must be pretty good!

• Like 2

Driver - Ping G400 Max 10.5*, HZRDS Black 6.5, tipped 1"

3W - Ping G400, HZRDS Black 6.5

3i - TM P790, DG X100 120

4-PW - Ping i200, DG X100 120

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 50 (bent to 51) SS, 56 WS, 60 TS

Putter - Ping Sigma Anser

Ball - Titleist ProV1x

8 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Just saw Freddy Couples switched to a G425 LST 9 degrees after 10 years with old driver. Must be pretty good!

Freddy was actually playing a Taylormade M3 440 for a little while, but the SLDR for ages before that. Still, Freddy rarely changes anything, so this is still cool. 

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade SIM Ti 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS 
Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum