Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

20 hours ago, erock9174 said:

Anyone know what the G425 irons will cost per iron in the US once they come out ?

$125 steel and $137.50 graphite stock options

• Like 2

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I got some time with both drivers on the sim today.  I used a Ping Tour 65 stiff that plays at 45.25” in both drivers, definitely not what I would be using but it’s what I have to work with at the

Happened to be around when the rep was in the shop.  Love the color combo in person.  Saw the hybrids and fw’s as well.  Turbulators are gone in the fw’s I believe.   Amazing how flat the soles are in

Just got some good info on the G425 driver from our club's rep. It is stuff we have heard but he gave us numbers. He said the G410 had close to max MOI for a driver when hit out of the center and ball

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

Just got some good info on the G425 driver from our club's rep. It is stuff we have heard but he gave us numbers. He said the G410 had close to max MOI for a driver when hit out of the center and ball speeds are as good as anything. The toe side and heel side are still very high MOI with weight in the center. As soon as you move the weight off center, the MOI drops significantly and the balls speeds also drop more than Ping liked. The new G425 will have significantly higher MOI with weight in any setting. The number he said was there would be less than a 4% drop moving the weigh out of the center position whereas the G410 saw up to a 15% drop. The biggest thing was off center hits would much higher ball speed with the weight in any position. The number he used here was 12% higher ball speeds. I am not sure how much actual ball speed is lost and that number is strike dependent but he did say no driver out there now or coming next year will be close to the G425 for off center ball speeds. Finally he said the spin numbers will be very low for a Ping. He said the Max model will be relatively the same as the G410 LST and the LST will be about 200-400 RPMs lower. He said many pros were using G410s in the minus settings and now they are lofting up or using the same loft with the loft sleeve neutral or in the plus settings. 

Almost the exact same info we heard from our rep.  Fortunately you have better recall than I do.  I was too busy drooling over the irons 😂

• Like 1

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

I can't wait.  I was thinking of going with a 9* LST but after reading, might go with the G425 Max in 9* instead or 10.5.  Will need to see some reviews and comparisons first.  

Edited by jbandalo

DRIVER - PING G410 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G410 3W

HYBRIDS - PING G410 3H

IRONS - PING i210 4-PW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 3.0 50, 54 & 58

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT 2

@awtryau89 that’s some great info thanks! Definitely has me considering that G425 9 Max after being set on the LST 

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G425 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G425 20.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 10X 
Srixon Z785 4-P KBS $ Taper PVD 130X  
Fourteen RM-22 Raw 50/54/60 Steelfiber 125X
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Blackout Stability Tour Blackout 
Spring Testing: ProV1X Left Dash / Tour BX / TP5X / Z Star XV / Snell MTB-X

17 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

Just got some good info on the G425 driver from our club's rep. It is stuff we have heard but he gave us numbers. He said the G410 had close to max MOI for a driver when hit out of the center and ball speeds are as good as anything. The toe side and heel side are still very high MOI with weight in the center. As soon as you move the weight off center, the MOI drops significantly and the balls speeds also drop more than Ping liked. The new G425 will have significantly higher MOI with weight in any setting. The number he said was there would be less than a 4% drop moving the weigh out of the center position whereas the G410 saw up to a 15% drop. The biggest thing was off center hits would much higher ball speed with the weight in any position. The number he used here was 12% higher ball speeds. I am not sure how much actual ball speed is lost and that number is strike dependent but he did say no driver out there now or coming next year will be close to the G425 for off center ball speeds. Finally he said the spin numbers will be very low for a Ping. He said the Max model will be relatively the same as the G410 LST and the LST will be about 200-400 RPMs lower. He said many pros were using G410s in the minus settings and now they are lofting up or using the same loft with the loft sleeve neutral or in the plus settings. 

Interesting info, thank you for relaying that.

I do wonder if he was referring to the draw position setting on the G410 with regards to MOI decrease, because the fade setting has virtually the same MOI as the neutral setting. Even the draw setting wouldn't be considered a significant drop, but still likely a noticeable one from a performance measurement standpoint. MOI also isn't something that "changes" based on center strikes vs. toe/heel hits, it is a measurement of how fast the head twists when struck off center, so there is no such thing as "high MOI when struck in the center" really. This could just be a badly relayed marketing point from the rep though.

The G410 line did have a very wide adjustment range though, so what they could be spinning here is that by using a heavier weight with less physical adjustment range that they are retaining higher MOI in the heel/toe settings (true) and that ball speeds will be higher on average due to having less lateral CG movement than the 410 (technically true, but...). A wide adjustment range is always going to be a tradeoff in terms of average ball speed across the face. The 410 with the weight in the toe is arguably the best modern driver out there for someone with a toe miss due to both the range of adjustment and the retention of higher MOI. But that same setting will suffer MORE if you then miss it out of the heel, which could be what they are pointing to in terms of "ball speeds dropping more than they like". That is just the nature of a wider adjustment range though, since you are moving the sweet spot, so by narrowing that range they may be trying to sell the idea ball speeds are higher across the face when in reality all they have done is tightened up the trade off between heel/toe forgiveness and speed retention. Regardless, I think a heavier back weight with less range will be better for the average player, and hopefully one of the models will have a more inherent fade bias built in to the design for the people that want that. Both the 410+ and 410LST were both fade biased in their stock setting, and I think leaving the 425LST slightly fade biased and making the standard model dead neutral would be a great way to cover the widest range across the three models, especially for the toe miss guys that would want something like the 425LST in the fade setting for maximum forgiveness. 

Rant over! I just think PING have been killing it with the last two releases so I have high standards for them. 😅

Edited by Valtiel

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Mizuno ST190 9.5* Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS
Taylormade SIM Max 18.5* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

I could see one of these in my future, although the G400 has been great and the 410 could not displace it when I got fitted by Ping almost 2 years ago when the 410 was just being released.

If the head doesn't look hideously large, I may have to pony up some $$ 

Ping G400 10.5 (9.5*) Hzrdus Yellow Smoke 60 5.5 
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra 2019 Forged Tec SteelFiber i95cw R  
Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
Mack Daddy PM 58/12

This Week's Putter: Toulon Long Island
 TM Tour Response/ BStone B RXS/ ProV1

5 hours ago, wentworthgolfers said:

Are the ferrules for the Asian market only or will they be on the US version as well?  Bummer if so, agree that they're way too busy and distracting.

I love the ferrules. I think it's kind of classy.

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Titleist 818H2 19*

Titleist 816H2 23*
Wilson V6's  4-GW
Ping Glide
58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

@awtryau89 Great write up, and thanks for the information. If this is even close to 400 RPM reduction for me I’ll be on it out of the gate. The 410 LST set up has been the most reliable set up I’ve had since Gen2 M1. I honestly didn’t have any intention of putting a new big dog in the bag for ‘21... BUT if I can get rid of some RPMs I’m going to have to seriously consider it. Right now my course numbers are consistently at 2900-3000 RPM and 182-183 ball speed. I know a chunk of that spin is due to the amount of loft I deliver at impact, but if I can get some help from my equipment I would be eternally grateful. 

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 7.5º | Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TS3 14.25º | Diamana ZF 70TX
TaylorMade P790 UDI 17º | KBS $-Taper 130X / Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8X
Callaway Apex Pro ‘19 | KBS $-Taper 130X
Vokey 52ºF, 56ºD, 60ºLow K  | KBS $-Taper 130X
PXG Mini Gunboat - Gen 2

I'm also excited about a reduction in spin across the line. If I can get near the ball speeds and reduced spin of the G400 LST, but with the forgiveness of the G400 Max (or even more) then G425 Max 9* may be the Holy Grail of Holy Grails for me...

• Like 2

Driver - Ping G400 Max 9*, GD Tour AD GP 7X

3W - Ping G400, HZRDS Black 6.5

3i - TM P790, GD Tour AD DI 9X

4-PW - Ping i200, DG X100 120

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 50 (bent to 51) SS, 56 WS, 60 TS

Putter - L.A.B. B.2

Ball - TP5x Pix

Leaning to the Max myself before any fittings. I have an LST and a Plus head in the G410. I gamed the LST all summer but took my Plus to the range today just to look at the differences. The plus is definitely the easier to hit driver. It just is hard to miss a shot with it and it is less fade biased. The launch is the same but you do see some downrange spin differences for sure. I have the LST dialed in but I have those couple of shots during the round I realize I needed more spin with that club as I sometimes accidentally put a good swing on it. I think if the Max gets in the same range of the 410 LST, I am going that direction.

• Like 1

That didn’t take long. One listed on the BST already. 

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

On 11/8/2020 at 10:54 AM, therealjonzone said:

New sound on the LST is sick on TV....

Hope it sounds that way when I hit it with 100mph of fury. 😂 

• Like 2

WITB

SIM 9.0 Diamana TB Stiff or PXG Proto X+

XR Pro 18 Speeder stiff

PXG 22 Hybrid Evenflow 80G CB Stiff

Ping I210 or 2020 P770 

Glide 2.0 

Scotty 5.5M with custom welded neck

Pro V1X with Alignment aid

Way too many golf bags, but K1-LO walking and Ping Tour Stand riding

On 11/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, wentworthgolfers said:

Are the ferrules for the Asian market only or will they be on the US version as well?  Bummer if so, agree that they're way too busy and distracting.

Agree with you man, I don't like these at all. Anyway I don't plan on buying my set 'cause I still play my G25s.

Anyone have tried the 3wood? That's my next purchase and I don't want to mess this up. What's the profile?

Ping G400 - 10,5° - Tour 65 Stiff

Cobra BioCell - 15° - Diamana D+ 75 Stiff

Ping G400 - 19° - Tour 85 Stiff

Ping G25 - 4-PW - CFS Stiff

Ping Glide OG (50° - 54° - 58°)

Ping Anser Milled

On 11/9/2020 at 8:26 PM, AzSuperHack76 said:

They’ve been released in Asia and Australia I believe. You can find them cheaper on eBay in new condition compared to what that guy has his listed for on the BST. 

Surprisingly cheap to be honest.. I don't know if theyre counterfeit'd that fast but its hella sus. Damn things are super expensive in AU. My brilliant plan of having an Australian friend buy one for me was shot to s*** when I did the currency conversion and added shipping. Just wasn't worth it.

Edited by Celeras

Ping G400 Max 9.5*

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 3W

Ping G410 2H

Cobra Forged Tec 4-6 iron, ONE length

Ping G400 7-UW

Cleveland CBX 54/58

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5

22 minutes ago, Celeras said:

Surprisingly cheap to be honest.. I don't know if theyre counterfeit'd that fast but its hella sus. Damn things are super expensive in AU. My brilliant plan of having an Australian friend buy one for me was shot to s*** when I did the currency conversion and added shipping. Just wasn't worth it.

I've bought from one the South Korean sellers a couple times, 100% legit. Just check the feedback to make sure it's an established seller. 

On 11/6/2020 at 4:10 PM, jbandalo said:

I can't wait.  I was thinking of going with a 9* LST but after reading, might go with the G425 Max in 9* instead or 10.5.  Will need to see some reviews and comparisons first.  

I too am leaning 9* Max but now with the news of the incoming Epic Max, its going to be tough to decide...

Cobra Pars & Stripes Speedzone, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S Velocore, Club Conex Uni-Fit
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft

Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 3 wood with UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Cobra Speedzone irons 4 - PW Recoil ESX F4 shafts
Cleveland CBX2 48* wedge & Cleveland FullFace 56* wedge with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Snell MTB-X / Black, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Graves One Plane swing

I didn't like the sound and not really the feel of my 410 LST until I had it hot melted. But the performance was undeniable. After Hot Melt, I won't change for a while because I've gained the most consistent driver I've ever had in my entire life. I'm not going to gain anything from upgrading to a 425. If you haven't upgraded in 4-5 years maybe you should look into the 425. If you have the 400 or 410, I'd wait. There's just nothing there that upgrades from the last 3-4 years. 

• Like 2

D - Ping G410 LST 10.5*, Aldila RIP X 6TX
4W & 7W - Ping G410 - 17.5* (set to 16.5) & 20.5* (set to 21) - Aldila RIP Phenom 7tx
Irons - '16 Titleist TMB 4-6, MB 7-PW, TI DG AMT X100
W - Titleist Vokey Forged 50.08 (bent to 51*) & 56.12 (bent to 55), Vokey SM6 58.04 (bent to 59)

P - '14 Scotty Cameron Squareback
B - Titleist ProV1, Titleist Staff Bag

• easyyy unfeatured this topic