Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I got some time with both drivers on the sim today.  I used a Ping Tour 65 stiff that plays at 45.25” in both drivers, definitely not what I would be using but it’s what I have to work with at the

I'd consult a Dr.  Sounds serious.

Happened to be around when the rep was in the shop.  Love the color combo in person.  Saw the hybrids and fw’s as well.  Turbulators are gone in the fw’s I believe.   Amazing how flat the soles are in

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, PingPoncho said:

Can someone explain to me if you ask Ping to put hot melt on your driver

1. where they add it to 

2. can you see it 

3. does it change the weight the driver 

4. does what to the sound 

5. do they determine how much hot melt to add?

1. wherever you request 

2. no

3. yes, depending on how many grams you ask for

4. should mute it a little

5. When I did it on my G400 Max, I requested how much.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi2 9 (D4) HZRDUS Smoke RDX 6.0  60g

Titleist 917f2 16.5 (C1) Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 818h 21* (C1) Aldila Rogue black 85s

Titleist 714mb 4-P X100

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12

Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 34"

15 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

1. wherever you request 

2. no

3. yes, depending on how many grams you ask for

4. should mute it a little

5. When I did it on my G400 Max, I requested how much.

How much depends on how many grams you ask for and what shaft, grip, length, and swingweight you choose.  They build it to what you want.  205 gram head with your shaft and length and grip will come out to a certain swingweight. So they will then add hotmelt to get it to your swingweight.  And add more if you request more hotmelt, but reduce the sole weight by the same gram weight to get back to total target headweight.  If you dont specify they will build it to standard swingweight.

• Like 1

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

6 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

How much depends on how many grams you ask for and what shaft, grip, length, and swingweight you choose.  They build it to what you want.  205 gram head with your shaft and length and grip will come out to a certain swingweight. So they will then add hotmelt to get it to your swingweight.  And add more if you request more hotmelt, but reduce the sole weight by the same gram weight to get back to total target headweight.  If you dont specify they will build it to standard swingweight.

Follow this closely....seeing as the Ping heads are some of the heaviest on the market (my G400 max at 45in plays very heavy @D6.5 with the stock Ping tour shaft) and I like a light SW (@D1-2). Couldn't get along with it. That's why I didn't get the G410 as I was afraid of the heavy SW and opted for the Cobra Speedzone. So does anyone know if you can get a lighter G425 head? I guess the aldila rouge counterbalanced can help. 

• Like 1

10.5* Ping G425 Max. Accra TZ6 CB
14.5* Ping G425 Max. Aldila Rogue white 130 MSI 70g
20.5* Ping G425 Max. Aldila Rogue white 130 MSI 80g
21* Titleist TS2. MRC Tensei CK Pro blue 80g
5i-9i Srixon Z5 (Modus 120)
P-AW Srixon Z7 (Modus 120)
56* Cally XForged MD S grind 56/14; 60* Cally Mack Daddy 2 60/9T
Ping Cadence Ketsch  
Pro V1 or Z star; GP NDMC; Titleist Players glove; Ping Hoofer lite or Ping Pioneer with Clicgear 3.5+

4 minutes ago, Quebec Club Ho said:

Follow this closely....seeing as the Ping heads are some of the heaviest on the market (my G400 max at 45in plays very heavy @D6.5 with the stock Ping tour shaft) and I like a light SW (@D1-2). Couldn't get along with it. That's why I didn't get the G410 as I was afraid of the heavy SW and opted for the Cobra Speedzone. So does anyone know if you can get a lighter G425 head? I guess the aldila rouge counterbalanced can help. 

100% you can easily. Especially at only 45".  Yours is heavy for a ping.  You must have put that together yourself or added a heavier sole weight...  (just for example my 410 is D5 at 46"...)  but that's because it is melted to D5 at my choosing...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

4 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

100% you can easily. Especially at only 45".  Yours is heavy for a ping.  You must have put that together yourself or added a heavier sole weight...  (just for example my 410 is D5 at 46"...)  but that's because it is melted to D5 at my choosing...

I know! But it was stock! I didn't add anything to the head!

10.5* Ping G425 Max. Accra TZ6 CB
14.5* Ping G425 Max. Aldila Rogue white 130 MSI 70g
20.5* Ping G425 Max. Aldila Rogue white 130 MSI 80g
21* Titleist TS2. MRC Tensei CK Pro blue 80g
5i-9i Srixon Z5 (Modus 120)
P-AW Srixon Z7 (Modus 120)
56* Cally XForged MD S grind 56/14; 60* Cally Mack Daddy 2 60/9T
Ping Cadence Ketsch  
Pro V1 or Z star; GP NDMC; Titleist Players glove; Ping Hoofer lite or Ping Pioneer with Clicgear 3.5+

43 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

Ping heads are heavier than others and by quite a bit most often. My G410 LST with the standard weight played D7.5 at 45.5" with a CP2 White grip (heavier grip).  It also depends on what shaft you're using. Ping has always had heavier heads. This is also the reason they use CB shafts as their stock options. 

9 hours ago, RodrigoNicely said:

Not sure what you were hitting but I was hitting absolute piss missiles with the 19 degree. Hi low I could do whatever I wanted with it. Tested with stock tensei pro orange and my gost shaft. Was an instant order. Driver fairway and hybrid all spectacular 

So, I read the beginning and thought you hated it.  But I now have a new word to amaze my friends with...piss missiles.   

Rock on.  Can't wait for my fitting in 10 days.  Anyone hit the woods?  Specifically 5 and 7?

• Haha 1

PING G425 LST 10* Fuji XLR8 51

PING G425 Max 5Wd 16.5* Fuji XLR8 61

PING G425 Max 7Wd 20* Fuji Motore F3 70

PING i500 3-PW KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

Edel 46* DVR/52* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING Vault Anser 2

10 hours ago, RodrigoNicely said:

Not sure what you were hitting but I was hitting absolute piss missiles with the 19 degree. Hi low I could do whatever I wanted with it. Tested with stock tensei pro orange and my gost shaft. Was an instant order. Driver fairway and hybrid all spectacular 

What fairway did you go with?  I very interested in how they performed. 

10 hours ago, RodrigoNicely said:

I hit both the 22 and the 26.  The performance was fine.  The feel and sound were awful.  It was like piss missiling on an electric fence.  Glad you liked them though...

I’m very happy with my 818 hybrids and per my latest hearing test it wouldn’t be in my best interest to hit the hybrids again indoors.  I will try the 425 3w once it warms up and they can be hit outside.

917D2 9.5 w/S+

TS2 16.5 and 21 w/AD-DI

ZX-U 3i w/NS 950GH -or- 818 H1 23 deg w/AD-DI

ZX5 5i - 6i and ZX7 7i - PW w/Modus 105

SM7 50-12, SM7 54S, and SM6 58-12K @ 59

Ping MnBn MyDay

48 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Have you hit a Ping before? 😄

Yes - that is likely why I’m experiencing hearing loss...

• Like 1

917D2 9.5 w/S+

TS2 16.5 and 21 w/AD-DI

ZX-U 3i w/NS 950GH -or- 818 H1 23 deg w/AD-DI

ZX5 5i - 6i and ZX7 7i - PW w/Modus 105

SM7 50-12, SM7 54S, and SM6 58-12K @ 59

Ping MnBn MyDay

44 minutes ago, mjmurphy said:

For the LST driver are people staying in the same loft as previous generations or going up in loft? 

I have seen many lofting up, I chose to stay in the same loft but I haven't had a chance to actually hit it yet to compare. I would be surprised if I don't spin it and launch it enough, but we will see. 

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
Ping G425 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G425 19* Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX 
Srixon ZX7 4-GW Steelfiber 110X  
Fourteen RM4 56/60 Nippon Wedge 
PXG Gen 2 Operator  
ProV1X Left Dash / Chrome Soft X LS 

On 1/6/2021 at 12:22 PM, endy said:

Awesome, thanks for the info! 6g in My fairways too, they are gonna sound like wooden baseball bats lol 

Haha No problem. I have a Ping driver myself and love them but the sound is never my favorite.  Fortunately i have a shop and a tour van hotmelt setup at my disposal 😎

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

Just now, J-Zone said:

And how much better do you love it!?

One of the best drivers I've ever owned, especially paired with the Fuji Ventus Black

• Like 1

Odyssey Versa #6

2 minutes ago, J13 said:

One of the best drivers I've ever owned, especially paired with the Fuji Ventus Black

I don't think you can build a better combination of distance and dispersion quite honestly. Happen to play the same combo myself haha 

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
Ping G425 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G425 19* Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX 
Srixon ZX7 4-GW Steelfiber 110X  
Fourteen RM4 56/60 Nippon Wedge 
PXG Gen 2 Operator  
ProV1X Left Dash / Chrome Soft X LS 

1 minute ago, endy said:

I don't think you can build a better combination of distance and dispersion quite honestly. Happen to play the same combo myself haha 

You won't find me arguing with that statement and you clearly have good taste in setups 😉

• Like 1

Odyssey Versa #6

On 1/6/2021 at 12:26 AM, Quebec Club Ho said:

Just wondering if you asked for any tip trim instructions? I have a g410 5w with the EF black 85 and it feels like a noodle - probably not tipped. Ping, I believe but don't quote me, don't tip any of their shafts (there's a thread on the G410 hybrid with the Tensei that feels soft). Further to that I have a G410 4H and Ts 4H both in the Tensei Pro blue 85 and they feel different - Ts much stiffer. 

Just to further this i matched a G425 130msi 70s  driver shaft against a G425 130msi 80s fairway shaft and if the graphics match (which i reckon they do) the fairway shaft was tipped 5/8". Even allowing for wriggle room it's certainly tipped no less than 1/2" vs what the driver is given matching graphics. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, J13 said:

Haha No problem. I have a Ping driver myself and love them but the sound is never my favorite.  Fortunately i have a shop and a tour van hotmelt setup at my disposal 😎

Nothing like a Ping driver in the bag under pressure for me.  Allows to remove one side of the course bc of how straight it is.  

I like to flatten it to open the face a bit, but would like to hot melt for sound only, maybe 2-3 grams tops.  Where would you put the melt for acoustic impact?

WITB

SIM 9.0 Diamana TB Stiff or PXG Proto X+

XR Pro 18 Speeder stiff

PXG 22 Hybrid Evenflow 80G CB Stiff

Ping I210 or 2020 P770 

Glide 2.0 

Scotty 5.5M with custom welded neck

Pro V1X with Alignment aid

Way too many golf bags, but K1-LO walking and Ping Tour Stand riding

5 hours ago, goheels11 said:

Nothing like a Ping driver in the bag under pressure for me.  Allows to remove one side of the course bc of how straight it is.  

I like to flatten it to open the face a bit, but would like to hot melt for sound only, maybe 2-3 grams tops.  Where would you put the melt for acoustic impact?

Neutral, go 4g min in driver.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

Anybody on this thread put the 425 drivers line against the Tsi line?  

I'm in Australia.  Have played full round with demo 425 Max 10.5 stock raw orange stiff and tsi 3 10 with stock raw white stiff. For me the Ping performed better - was much easier to launch and very straight, probably hit it it too high for my eye. Looks, sound and feel go to the Titleist though. I'm going to get a fitting and see if I can make the tsi more friendly

• Thanks 1

Really excited to start seeing more people get this driver in their hands and some comparisons. I played another round yesterday albeit in mid 40s, wet and windy conditions and I had 4 layers on and could barely swing This driver is definitely lower launching for me. Thinking many may loft up. I hit some terrible drives and I mean inch off center that went much farther than expected and stayed in the fairway. The ones I did catch well did put me in places I see in the summer which tells me its going further.

• Like 1

Had a chance to put a couple swings on the 7 irons today. Decently clean at address and what you'd expect from Ping. Seems similar offset and blade length as 410. I have really gamed a Ping iron since g700 first came out but have demo'd and even owned a couple sets that never got gamed. All that being said the two biggest takeaways were the sound is very similar to G710, which was a surprise. Second, mishits just don't lose distance and there were a few strikes that were nearly a ball's width to the toe side of the sweet spot. 

1 hour ago, dhen9 said:

Had a chance to put a couple swings on the 7 irons today. Decently clean at address and what you'd expect from Ping. Seems similar offset and blade length as 410. I have really gamed a Ping iron since g700 first came out but have demo'd and even owned a couple sets that never got gamed. All that being said the two biggest takeaways were the sound is very similar to G710, which was a surprise. Second, mishits just don't lose distance and there were a few strikes that were nearly a ball's width to the toe side of the sweet spot. 

Is sounding similar to the G710 a good thing or bad thing?  I haven’t hit a G710 so not sure. I want to order a new iron set real bad, but won’t get to demo due to Covid. I’m not so patiently waiting to find out when these will be released to make my decision. Hoping to get more input from guys who get to hit them. 

48 minutes ago, mooseman76 said:

Is sounding similar to the G710 a good thing or bad thing?  I haven’t hit a G710 so not sure. I want to order a new iron set real bad, but won’t get to demo due to Covid. I’m not so patiently waiting to find out when these will be released to make my decision. Hoping to get more input from guys who get to hit them. 

They're a higher pitch thwack than you'd think since they really hyped up the elastomer insert.