Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

martinvan09

12 minutes ago, pmang said:

Yes, this is a wee bit annoying. I have graphite extensions that I’ll be using when I regrip mine. And I will be regripping  this weekend. Yesterday I received my G425 Driver, 5 wood and hybrid. I have a Ventus Velocore Red stiff I’ll be trying in the driver. I’ve also ordered lighter replacement weights for the driver. I’ll be playing it at 45.25”. I might need to hot melt to get to the desirable D3 swingweight. We’ll see how it goes.

💯!  I dont like the arcos grip at all.  To bendy at the butt.

• Like 3

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

10 minutes ago, pmang said:

I thought I typed 45.25”?

Man that's funny.....  I almost asked if you were in The Lollypop Guild 😜

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, Tzoid said:

Does it concern anyone else that if they get any new Ping with Arccos Smart Grip and then decide it's not for them and Re-Grip with any standard grip their club will

be 1/4" to 1/2" shorter than spec.  I called Ping to confirm and they didn't get specific but verified it would be shorter in that scenario.   I'm such a head case I had my 

custom fitter call Ping and change my order to a Tour Velvet 360.  

This effects every Club that is purchased with Arccos and I just never thought about it because I never used it.   I understand Cobra users has had the same discussion over the years with Cobra Connect - Arccos.  

Thoughts??   

Yeah, I ordered mine 1/4" longer than I play to account for when I cut the arccos grip off. I can't believe Tour Velvet .600 round isn't a custom option. 

The good news is my 425 Max Ventus Blue 6x was just delivered a few hours ago. Ordered 1/16 thru Carl's. Bad news is it's supposed to rain the next 3-4 days...

• Like 1

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

patiently waiting on these:
G425 Max Fairway

Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 75

X Flex, total tipping 1”

Standard Playing Length

D3

Custom Option 1 - 4g neutral hot melt

Custom Option 2 - Digital Loft to 15*

G425 Hybrid

Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95

TX Flex, standard tipping

Standard Playing Length

Swingweight D2

Custom Option 1 - Digital Loft to 20

Edited by Brooks Cupcake
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

patiently waiting on these:
G425 Max Fairway

Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 75

X Flex, total tipping 1”

Standard Playing Length

D3

Custom Option 1 - 4g neutral hot melt

Custom Option 2 - Digital Loft to 15*

G425 Hybrid

Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95

TX Flex, standard tipping

Standard Playing Length

Swingweight D2

Custom Option 1 - Digital Loft to 20

Nice Brooksy.  Will be interested in your feedback.  Great playing at the WMPO. 😂

• Haha 2

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

I just got a Text from Fed-Ex.  Shipment from Phoenix AZ expected to arrive 2/16 .  I wonder what it is ?  😜

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Received my custom order on Tuesday that I ordered on 1/17 from Carl’s. Very small sample size, and I’m a wimp by golfwrx standards, but I found the 425 Max to spin a little less than my G400 Max with the same shaft (Hzrdus Black 6.0). Not the best way to present the data but the first 5 shots were G425 and second 5 were G400. I have a negative AoA and fight spin and know I’m leaving a bunch of distance on the table but just can’t quit the Max forgiveness and trust I have in it. Definitely an improvement in spin reduction for me but my no means would I put this is the low spin category. Ball speed and forgiveness basically the same. All things considered, a small upgrade over G400 Max and will be in the bag this season. Very easy transition.

069E00FC-4C55-4B33-AC9E-24FA4A87F191.jpeg

Edited by m4harrah
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Kid B said:

As much as I love the clubs, I kinda hate the headcovers. Wish they’d stuck with black & red. 

A minor gripe, but it bothered me enough to go buy a set of these:

27FC5DC9-11D2-4837-9AA8-8619CFA7BFBE.jpeg

I ordered the hybrid version of that and was pretty disappointed, it was definitely kinda cheap pleather. The leather set is pricier but much better quality in my opinion.

And I'm glad they ditched the red, ha ha. It's my least favorite color. Much prefer black/gray.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

1 hour ago, Kid B said:

Pleather, if done right, might be my ideal material. But if you weren’t into the hybrid cover I’m tempering my expectations. At least I found them cheap, I think it was around $100 shipped for all 4. 

Here’s my lineup- I’m pretty excited about these. I’ve never had just one brand at the top of the bag. Plus this wasn’t at all what I was going for which makes it more exciting imo. I was fit for all of these clubs separately, but hopefully they work as a set of sorts. When you compare the hybrid & fairway head shape, it stands to reason that if you can hit one of them well the other should suit you too.

Here’s hoping. 

C5367678-AA46-4969-83CE-E7603307160C.jpeg

AE93D729-4D78-4A52-97F8-EAB13CEE4A4A.jpeg

Is that max driver and lst fairway? I’m thinking same then swap my 410 19 hybrid for a 425 19 and possibly add a 425 25 hybrid lofted down to replace 4 iron 

Cancelled my order from Ping and decided to source the components myself since there was conflicting answers as to when I’d get my club. 

Went to a local store and found a 9* LST with the Tour shaft, actually liked the tour shaft a lot but when I threw the Rouge White (what I originally ordered) into it, it came alive again. Ordered a used one online and hope to have it in next week.

Coming from a 2016 M2 and really enjoying this driver. 

I did try the Max but thought it felt different. Almost more of a “drag” through the swing? 

The LST is a monster and still incredibly forgiving. 

For those that haven't' had a chance to hit the 425 Max 3 wood, get on it. It is a rocket launcher. Very easy to get up in the air. Initially the flight was a little high for me at the 14.5 setting, turned it down a degree and the thing is just money. Feels great, sounds great, that awesome ping 3 wood sound and it just goes forever. I have the Alta CB Slate 65g shaft in it, I'm gonna mess around with a few other shafts to see what I can get out of it. As is, it's the best  stock 3 wood I've hit.

• Like 2

I finally got the chance to hit the Max in a bay at GG last night. Obviously any driver is going to be louder with cheap balls but the Max leads the field. There was an assortment of balls laying around the bay and the difference in a top flight vs a tp5 was huge. It's still definitely a loud driver but do yourself a favor and take a sleeve of premium balls to hit before making any conclusions. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

For those that haven't' had a chance to hit the 425 Max 3 wood, get on it. It is a rocket launcher. Very easy to get up in the air. Initially the flight was a little high for me at the 14.5 setting, turned it down a degree and the thing is just money. Feels great, sounds great, that awesome ping 3 wood sound and it just goes forever. I have the Alta CB Slate 65g shaft in it, I'm gonna mess around with a few other shafts to see what I can get out of it. As is, it's the best  stock 3 wood I've hit.

I will second this. I got fitted and loved both the Max and LST but went LST due to lower launch and spin. I couldn't play the LST in the 410 because it was too punishing on mishits but the 425 is noticeably more forgiving. I played once with it and have hit some bombs off the tee and absolutely roasted a few off the ground. It is just so easy to hit. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Kid B said:

Pleather, if done right, might be my ideal material. But if you weren’t into the hybrid cover I’m tempering my expectations. At least I found them cheap, I think it was around $100 shipped for all 4. 

Here’s my lineup- I’m pretty excited about these. I’ve never had just one brand at the top of the bag. Plus this wasn’t at all what I was going for which makes it more exciting imo. I was fit for all of these clubs separately, but hopefully they work as a set of sorts. When you compare the hybrid & fairway head shape, it stands to reason that if you can hit one of them well the other should suit you too.

Here’s hoping. 

C5367678-AA46-4969-83CE-E7603307160C.jpeg

AE93D729-4D78-4A52-97F8-EAB13CEE4A4A.jpeg

Dont know if I've ever seen a WRXer with more "devotion" than you!👍😁

• Like 1

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

42 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

I will second this. I got fitted and loved both the Max and LST but went LST due to lower launch and spin. I couldn't play the LST in the 410 because it was too punishing on mishits but the 425 is noticeably more forgiving. I played once with it and have hit some bombs off the tee and absolutely roasted a few off the ground. It is just so easy to hit. 

These new fairway woods might be the biggest hit this year. Don't get me wrong, the drivers are good, really good, but the improvement on the fairway woods is eye opening. The 14.5 LST is going to be an absolute weapon, my miss is low on the face and it keeps spin in check like nothing I have seen. Spinsistency or whatever they are calling it is legit lol  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, endy said:

These new fairway woods might be the biggest hit this year. Don't get me wrong, the drivers are good, really good, but the improvement on the fairway woods is eye opening. The 14.5 LST is going to be an absolute weapon, my miss is low on the face and it keeps spin in check like nothing I have seen. Spinsistency or whatever they are calling it is legit lol  

Yep. I mentioned that earlier before my last post. I do like my LST driver and think it will stay in the bag but I am testing a few others. The LST fairway absolutely knocked a Sim Ti Rocket out of the bag easily. So much easier to hit and just as long too. Probably longer considering the mishits are going further. 

• Like 1

@endy is your 20.5 a hybrid or 7w?

I received my fairways.  Hybrid is shipped.  LST driver is late, not sure why it hasn't shipped yet.  With the fairways  its probably an optics issue but maybe the missing turbulators make the heads look more shallow?  Still dont know if I like the dots or turbulators yet.  Just so used to having them...

• Like 1

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

1 minute ago, Deuce78 said:

I received my fairways.  Hybrid is shipped.  LST driver is late, not sure why it hasn't shipped yet.  With the fairways  its probably an optics issue but maybe the missing turbulators make the heads look more shallow?  Still dont know if I like the dots or turbulators yet.  Just so used to having them...

It's the 7 wood, and it's an animal haha. It's going to be the ultimate short par 4 club. Can also come into long par 5's with it quite easily. I definitely think it's an optics thing, as I was quite fond of the turbs myself and feel it made the face seem deeper than it really was on the fairways. I got used to the dots pretty darn quickly though. I no longer worry about catching one low on the face either, as that is carrying within a few yards of a center struck shot. It's pretty incredible, I honestly don't know if I will even use a tee on the tee box with these things. 

20 hours ago, bjno1300 said:

Is that max driver and lst fairway? I’m thinking same then swap my 410 19 hybrid for a 425 19 and possibly add a 425 25 hybrid lofted down to replace 4 iron 

They’re both LST.  I had my eye on the Max but it just launched too high, I couldn’t get it down to where I wanted in a shaft I liked the feel of. I don’t think there’s a bad option in the bunch though

9 hours ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

I stuck a 6 graphite design iz in mine sr flex cause I’m not a Wrx super human. Absolute piss missiles with it. Ping is a player in the fairway game for sure!!!

Edited by RodrigoNicely
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RodrigoNicely said:

I stuck a 6 graphite design iz in mine sr flex cause I’m not a Wrx super human. Absolute piss missiles with it. Ping is a player in the fairway game for sure!!!

No. Just no. SR flex isn’t pissing anything out, in any capacity...maybe a slow lengthy dribble....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

Not sure if this is the reason for your driver being late, but John K. Solheim a few weeks back mentioned that a cargo container literally fell off the ship somehow en route and many drivers were ruined. I think Ping was scrambling to get more in a few weeks ago. 

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Got the G425max in the sim yesterday and, to me, the sound is a non issue. I actually quite like it. The feel off of the face is intoxicating. The lateral forgiveness is truly awesome. Had some really nice numbers aside from dynamic loft - was between 18-20°. Pro thought may be due to the Alta 55 stiff shaft being a little tip soft for me. 

ordered up a nemesys 65 after some intense research. What shafts are you guys having success with in this head? 

I feel like once I have shaft and weight position dialed in, this thing is going to be an absolute animal and will really help my game. 

• Like 2

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

22 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

Well crap, I never would have thought to try the LST as I don’t generate a ton a spin. Hopefully shaft change does the trick with the max for me. 

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X