Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

42 minutes ago, JacobTheGolfer said:

Has anyone tried the LST FW? My shop says they will not even have demo clubs of LST FW in the stores because they don't sell. Is LST Driver and Max FW the only way to go?

I got both 3w's to compare.  Just haven't had the weather yet to hit them.  The LST shape is better to my eye than the max.  They both have the same face height.  Interesting they are 1/8" shallower than the g410.  Also the LS has a better deeper sound just bouncing balls off the faces.

• Like 1

PING G410 [email protected] loft (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)
Nike vapor fly pro 2/3 Iron (HM3 105x, Modus105x HS)

Ping G410 19 Hybrid (Tensei ProWhite 100TX)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I got some time with both drivers on the sim today.  I used a Ping Tour 65 stiff that plays at 45.25” in both drivers, definitely not what I would be using but it’s what I have to work with at the

I'd consult a Dr.  Sounds serious.

Happened to be around when the rep was in the shop.  Love the color combo in person.  Saw the hybrids and fw’s as well.  Turbulators are gone in the fw’s I believe.   Amazing how flat the soles are in

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

I got both 3w's to compare.  Just haven't had the weather yet to hit them.  The LST shape is better to my eye than the max.  They both have the same face height.  Interesting they are 1/8" shallower than the g410.  Also the LS has a better deeper sound just bouncing balls off the faces.

Would not have guessed they were 1/8" shallower, but with the absence of the turbs, they do seem shallower with the eye test haha. 

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G425 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G425 19* Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX 
Srixon Z Forged 4-GW Steelfiber i95  
Cleveland ZipCore 54/58 DG TI Spinner 
PXG Gen 2 Operator Stability Tour 
ProV1X Left Dash / Tour BX

3 hours ago, JacobTheGolfer said:

Has anyone tried the LST FW? My shop says they will not even have demo clubs of LST FW in the stores because they don't sell. Is LST Driver and Max FW the only way to go?

I got along better with the max but was 290ish pretty consistently with the LST fairway.

Check out Ping’s tour page for an update on who went Max vs LST but both are amazing with spin control.

53 minutes ago, endy said:

Would not have guessed they were 1/8" shallower, but with the absence of the turbs, they do seem shallower with the eye test haha. 

Yeah I wish they had not gone shallower.  What really stands out to me is the new shape of the top of the face into the crown.  It was pretty square and edgey with the 410 and is now rounded off and smoothed into the high point of the club which is well up into the crown.  

• Like 1

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

1 minute ago, Deuce78 said:

Yeah I wish they had not gone shallower.  What really stands out to me is the new shape of the top of the face into the crown.  It was pretty square and edgey with the 410 and is now rounded off and smoothed into the high point of the club which is well up into the crown.  

Yeah I agree there, and I was also one of the few who preferred the turbs. That being said, the new look has grown on me and was pretty easy to adopt when the first shot I caught low on the face still flew within a few yards of a well struck one.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, endy said:

Yeah I agree there, and I was also one of the few who preferred the turbs. That being said, the new look has grown on me and was pretty easy to adopt when the first shot I caught low on the face still flew within a few yards of a well struck one.  

Oh and also the profile of the sole is changed.  The rear of the sole sits lower to to the ground on all the woods.  It's like they moved the sole weight lower.  Theres just a subtle scoop out of the middle of the sole.  I noticed because the 410 fell open if you soled the club on the ground and let go of the grip.  Now the club with the 425 stays more square if released from the fingers when soled.  I figured this was due to the new bottom...in looking at the two fairways it appears the dots are more heel side of the club for the max while the lst appear more centered.  No deal breakers between the two, winner will be 100% performance for me.

• Like 1

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

30 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

You gonna be testing G425 14.5 LST ? Are you going 5 wood or 7 wood G425?

59 minutes ago, endy said:

You gonna be testing G425 14.5 LST ? Are you going 5 wood or 7 wood G425?

Good question.  Right now I have the 425 driver, 14.5 lst and 14.5 Max.  Then the 425 2 hybrid.  I do have a 410 5w and 3h.  I also have several driving irons so I need to get the top end figured out this spring....

• Like 1

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

1 hour ago, Deuce78 said:

Good question.  Right now I have the 425 driver, 14.5 lst and 14.5 Max.  Then the 425 2 hybrid.  I do have a 410 5w and 3h.  I also have several driving irons so I need to get the top end figured out this spring....

Gotcha! Been hearing good things about the 425 hybrids but I’ve been really liking the 7 wood in the sim so far. Definitely need to get it outside though. 

11 minutes ago, endy said:

Gotcha! Been hearing good things about the 425 hybrids but I’ve been really liking the 7 wood in the sim so far. Definitely need to get it outside though. 

I can see doing a 7 wood big minus in place of a 5wood/strong hybrid.  Only thing is the lie angle has to work.  I did notice going to big minus and flat minus 1 is more upright than flat zero...

• Like 1

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

27 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

I can see doing a 7 wood big minus in place of a 5wood/strong hybrid.  Only thing is the lie angle has to work.  I did notice going to big minus and flat minus 1 is more right than flat zero...

Interesting, I thought all flat settings were -1 lie

2 minutes ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

C314AC08-B18B-48B7-AD69-271FDDCAE6AE.png

Not sure how I hadn't seen this before, but thanks! 

• Like 1

I hit both drivers today 10.5* Max and 9* LST both with Raw Orange. The Max was spinning way to much 3,500-4,000 rpms. The LST was better, but I tend to miss on the bottom of the LST. Not sure if it’s the weight of the driver, but I had a short experiment a few years back with the G LST and I would hit really good drives then miss some low on the bottom of the club with bad results. 

I was also hitting the TS3i Raw White and was between 2,300-2,800 rpms, so it wasn’t a bad swing day.

Might start a poll but what shaft is everyone finding success with in the Max?

This is my first venture into a more “forgiving” driver (coming from an M3) and I am currently experimenting with shafts.

Ping G425 Max 9* (Ventus Black 7X)

Cobra SZ 5W (Tensei Pro White 80TX)

TM P790UDI (Aldila RIP Hybrid Alpha 105X)

Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-5 (KBS Tour 130X)

Mizuno MP18 SC 6-7 (KBS Tour 130X)

Mizuno MP18 MB 8-PW (KBS Tour 130X)

TM Hi-Toe Raw 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

TM Spider X Copper

Still waiting for my clubs.

I have a 9 deg max w/ Tensei av raw orange 65 TX and LST 3 wood with same shaft in 75g coming.

I can fall back on a ventus 6x in black/blue if this shaft doesn't work out for me.

The 410 lst last year never played as well over all as the G400 max did for me. hope the switch this year will tighten things up a bit.

Edited by Ryan5508
2 hours ago, Ryan5508 said:

Still waiting for my clubs.

I have a 9 deg max w/ Tensei av raw orange 65 TX and LST 3 wood with same shaft in 75g coming.

I can fall back on a ventus 6x in black/blue if this shaft doesn't work out for me.

The 410 lst last year never played as well over all as the G400 max did for me. hope the switch this year will tighten things up a bit.

When did you order?

4 hours ago, rjp217 said:

Might start a poll but what shaft is everyone finding success with in the Max?

This is my first venture into a more “forgiving” driver (coming from an M3) and I am currently experimenting with shafts.

I tested all the stock shafts over the weekend, best fit for me by far was the Rogue White. Not seeing many others saying the same thing though. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 10.5* - Aldila Rogue White 

TM Sim Max 15* - Ventus Blue

TM GAPR Lo 19* - KBS Hybrid Proto

TM P790 4-6 - Nippon 105

TM P770 7-AW - Nippon 105

TM MG 54* & 58* - Dynamic Gold

TM Spider X Flow Neck Hydroblast

Titleist ProV1

18 minutes ago, Elee913 said:

I may be the only one who has been happy with the CB Alta shaft.  I tested the other stock shafts, and generated more speed with the CB Alta and great dispersion. 

I haven't hit the G425 yet, but when I did my fitting for my G400 Max a few years ago I also (surprisingly? but happily) fit into the CB Alta Shaft. Perhaps I've drank too much of the kool-aid but I do think there is something to what Ping says about their made for Ping stock shafts being well designed for their heads (instead of the stock shaft just being some generic made for Ventus or Project X shaft that gets sold to a bunch of OEMs).

I’ve had my max for a couple weeks but today is the first reasonable day to go outside so it’ll see it’s first use today pounding sandy range rocks. Rogue white installed to play at 44.75. I understand the Alta is a surprisingly good shaft for ping heads but I typically don’t do well with longer shafts. They are pretty cheap if I feel the itch to experiment though. 

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

55 minutes ago, RIDEamountain said:

I'm running the Pro (not OEM) version of the Tensei ORANGE 65. Two rounds under my belt and I'm loving the trajectory, accuracy and distance I'm getting.

RIDE 

Good to hear, i might throw a counterbalance shaft into the mix as well. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9* (Ventus Black 7X)

Cobra SZ 5W (Tensei Pro White 80TX)

TM P790UDI (Aldila RIP Hybrid Alpha 105X)

Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-5 (KBS Tour 130X)

Mizuno MP18 SC 6-7 (KBS Tour 130X)

Mizuno MP18 MB 8-PW (KBS Tour 130X)

TM Hi-Toe Raw 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

TM Spider X Copper

Tour 65S tipped 1/2 in a G425 LST 10.5 in the small minus.  Have always played X or TX.  The Tour 65 feels surprisingly stiff and stable with a touch of kick that seems to time up well and provide a little extra speed off the face.  Pretty nice shaft IMHO.

Edited by IL2AZ

Ping G425 LST 10.5 Aldila Rogue White 60TX
Ping G425 Max 3 Wood Aldila Rogue White 80S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F4
Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-PW KBS Tour 120
Vokey SM7 50F, SM6 54S, SM6 60M
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2 350

On 2/24/2021 at 11:04 AM, redwing91007 said:

I tested all the stock shafts over the weekend, best fit for me by far was the Rogue White. Not seeing many others saying the same thing though. 

Absolutely love the Rogue white shaft in my G425. It is a very smooth feeling shaft. The combo want to go mid launch  and straight or baby draw . Love this setup.

• Like 1

I'm gonna bst my max 14.5 and keep the LST 14.5 for now.  The max 3w is super easy to hit.  I do just prefer the look of the LST over the max.  Shaft is the stock option rogue in x flex if anyone wants a jump on mint max 425 3w DM me... I do prefer the turbulators to the dots as well.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

On 2/25/2021 at 7:32 AM, IL2AZ said:

Tour 65S tipped 1/2 in a G425 LST 10.5 in the small minus.  Have always played X or TX.  The Tour 65 feels surprisingly stiff and stable with a touch of kick that seems to time up well and provide a little extra speed off the face.  Pretty nice shaft IMHO.

Agree with this. I have a D+ Limited I have also put in my G400 (need an upgrade) but prefer the Tour 65 shaft which I think is an excellent offering.  Crisp, solid feel and not easy to overpower.

G400 9*
917 F2 16.5*
G425 19*
4-P MMC MP 20
SM7 52F 56F 60D
Rossie White Hot

5 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

I'm gonna bst my max 14.5 and keep the LST 14.5 for now.  The max 3w is super easy to hit.  I do just prefer the look of the LST over the max.  Shaft is the stock option rogue in x flex if anyone wants a jump on mint max 425 3w DM me... I do prefer the turbulators to the dots as well.

Can you elaborate on the choice? 🍿🍻 how would you compare the flights both off tee and deck and was lst much less forgiving? thanks 

Edited by bjno1300