Ping G425 closer than we think? (In hand Pics Pg. 16)

martinvan09

7 hours ago, Tzoid said:

I called Ping and they sent me a 26 gram weight and it brought my swing weight down to D3ish from D5.  My driver came with the 29 gram weight.  

3 grams is enough to make a difference tho not a massive one. I dropped 6g with mine and it's great.  I am pretty happy anywhere from D0-3 tho with a 70-75g shaft. 

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

19 hours ago, Qegurezi said:

3 grams is enough to make a difference tho not a massive one. I dropped 6g with mine and it's great.  I am pretty happy anywhere from D0-3 tho with a 70-75g shaft. 

1.5 swing weights and that's good for me.  D5 was manageable but D3.5 should help 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Got em all yesterday, had to go to the course, and unbox today.  Couldn't wait.   

G425 LST 9*, small plus.  kept my fuji xlr8 51 in there. Couldn't find another shaft that I really wanted. 

Sound - oddly enough it sounds louder than when I tested and almost sound like the G LST just less hollow.   My buddy didn't have the same sound in don't think. So I'll compare again with him this weekend. 

Straight.  I was hitting everything low and toe, and still hitting it straight.  Just a little higher on the face, and good low draws.  So, even not hitting well- it was good. Got same distance when I hit two. Even though different ball flights. 

G425 max 5wd flat Big minus.  61 version, same shaft as driver. So a 4 wood at 3 wd length. Hulk smash...lol.  Long high straight.  Almost doesn't make a sound.  Very muted. Feels amazeballs, and let's you generally get away with anything you do swing wise.  Stretch out a couple par fours to fire in.  Once I have another round or so, it'll be money. Came up short a few times from previous max distance. The sound is sooooo much better than the g400 5wd.  

Max 7 wd, flat. Motore f3 71S,  not sold on the shaft yet. Trying something ",similar".  Right.  Right.  Straight and right.  Will need more time.  Just like 5wd, muted, solid and the ball just flies off the face.  Most penetrating ball flight I've ever had with a fairway. Just take off with a high launch and holds there and doesn't balloon.  It almost looked like I knew what I was doing.  

So, the shaft wasn't bad at all...gotta find out the source of the right.  Block.  

Overswinging as we all tend to do with new stuff. But I hit 6 fairways in 8 holes, and backed up to hit woods in.  Couple GIR as well. 

So...um...when's the 430 coming out,???

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

Has anyone who ordered custom SW and/or digital loft received their orders yet?

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Still experimenting with shafts but seriously impressed with the Max thus far. Feel way more confident at address which i believe is contributing to more success off the tee. Side by side with my M3 the size feels massive but when behind the ball, i don’t think it stands out negatively. I didn’t have any issues with sound but maybe that has something to do with range balls and being 25* out haha.

FWIW, for me, I’m finding the Ventus Black a clear winner over the Motore X F1. Still have a couple more that need testing. 

3F8101E3-1512-4EF5-BA41-4E660325A0A6.jpeg

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9* (Ventus TR Red 6X)

Ping G430 Max 3W (Ventus Blue 7X)

TM Qi10 5W (KBS TD70X)

TM P770 4-5i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MC 6-8i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MB 9i-PW (KBS Tour X)

TM MG4 Copper 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

Spider Tour X Single Bend (BGT Stability)

Anyone find the G425 MAX or LST to be underperforming? I tried it with the Tour 65, Orange CK, Orange Raw and Rogue 70. 

Both drivers launched too high, spin was okay. My best strike was 238 carry but most were in the 220 range. 

I tried the TSi3 with RDX black in 9* and best carry was 248 yards and all of them in the 240 range. Launch and spin came down. 

Next up was the Sim 2 Max 9* with Riptide CB and best carry was 252 yards. Launch and spin were in line with the Titleist. 

Ball speeds: PING was in the low 130’s; Titleist 140’s; TM upper 140’s. 

I’ve always been partial to PING but don’t want to spend $500 and then have to experiment with finding a shaft. 

Or is it more likely that some brands don’t work for certain individuals?

1 hour ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

PING has 3 stock shafts. Not much to get fit with. 

Generally speaking, the fittings that people refer to here aren’t going to be limited to the stock offerings.  Many clubfitters will have you hit them but for all intents and purposes plan to ignore them completely, for good reason. 

Those options are usually there to give you a choice between high, mid, and low launch. It’s great when one of the stock shafts is an ideal fit for you, but that’s not going to be the case for most people. 

6 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

Anyone find the G425 MAX or LST to be underperforming? I tried it with the Tour 65, Orange CK, Orange Raw and Rogue 70. 

Both drivers launched too high, spin was okay. My best strike was 238 carry but most were in the 220 range. 

I tried the TSi3 with RDX black in 9* and best carry was 248 yards and all of them in the 240 range. Launch and spin came down. 

Next up was the Sim 2 Max 9* with Riptide CB and best carry was 252 yards. Launch and spin were in line with the Titleist. 

I’ve always been partial to PING but don’t want to spend $500 and then have to experiment with finding a shaft. 

I hit both the G425 Max and the Titleist TSi3 side by side on a monitor yesterday.  Alternating shots.  I hit the Alta, Tour and Tensei Orange in the Ping, the RDX, Tensei White in the Titleist.  Strangely club head speed ball speed were 3-4 miles faster withe the TSi3.  Dispersion around the same.  TSi3 felt and sounded much more solid. Spin slightly higher on the Max (2600 vs 2300).  Both nice drivers but prefer the Titleist.

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

7 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

I had the opposite experience, more or less. The G425 was faster, but barely.  Like .5-1mph compared to everything else. It was just easier to get that speed on off center strikes than any of the other drivers I hit. Talking about 2021 Callaways, Titleist, Srixon, Taylormade, and Cobra

I went to a different store today but didn't have much left in the tank after yesterday. I'm still only 8 weeks post op (elbow) and threw my back out earlier in the week too.

I took a MAX 9* head with a RH Raw Orange 65 stiff in the big + setting which if what I read is true, that should put it at 7.5* and slightly open? I used my own ProV1 ball.

My two best shots of the day were:

244 carry - 261 total; 144 BS; 12.3* launch and 2940 spin;

243 carry - 260 total; 143.6 BS; 12.1* launch and 2953 spin;

So I guess there is potential if I can get my spin down 600-900 rpm's.

Last year I played a G410 LST 9* with Ventus Blue w/VeloCore and it was okay.

The SIM 2 Max was spinning 1700-2000 rpm's and the Titleist was 2000-2300 rpm's for reference. Both felt and sounded better.

Edited by TheGolfingRealtor

3 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

I took a MAX 9* head with a RH Raw Orange 65 stiff in the big + setting which if what I read is true, that should put it at 7.5* and slightly open? I used my own ProV1 ball.

If you had the 9 degree head and went to the big + (plus) it would set the loft at 10.5 degrees and be slightly closed.   Did you mean to say you set it to the big - (minus)?

26 minutes ago, rwhitlock said:

If you had the 9 degree head and went to the big + (plus) it would set the loft at 10.5 degrees and be slightly closed.   Did you mean to say you set it to the big - (minus)?

No. I took a LH head, RH shaft and set it to the big + which is supposed to play the opposite, correct?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

PING has 3 stock shafts. Not much to get fit with. 

Commented your hypothesis that brand and individual doesn't work which is incorrect IMO. e.g. have played '16 M2 since launch, tried every new version from TM and none were able to match the feel nor performance. As I know I can get the max performance from M2 to match any of the 21 corps BUT on average leave 2-5 mph and some accuracy on the table, just happens that none SIM's can do that for me.

Obviously stock offering is one where the perfect match can be hard to find. In addition there are differences in heads, shafts and combos so what you get fit with is not 100% same what you get when you order. Have had an interesting discussion about difficulties of club testing with a tour player.

I'm now 3 rounds and 9 holes into using the G425 Max I was fitted for. Came from a TaylorMade SIM that I was hitting really well during the wait between my fitting for the PING and delivery.

For my swing, the G425 Max is not short. At all. I've hit several career long drives on familiar holes in the 3 1/2 rounds. Best swings with the PING have been on par or even further than the SIM. Where it really shines is on meh swings. Have had several swings that the strike was out on the toe or heel and ended up with more than acceptable results still in the fairway and further down than what I would have ended up with the SIM. Haven't had any of the low spin duck hooks that fall out of the sky. So far, super happy with the G425 Max...for my swing.

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke ♦♦♦ 10.5° Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X

Titleist TSR1 15° Atmos TS 8S

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke ♦♦♦ 20° Ventus TR Red 7X

Callaway Mavrik Max 24° Project X Catalyst 75S

Titleist T150 6-GW Modus 120S

Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F, 58.14K (at 56°), 60.04T DG Wedge Flex

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 1.5 Prototype

So far Ping has won out for me. Waiting on both sim 2 drivers and Callaway LS still. Ping G425 max with 4 grams hot melt was much better than TSi3. 

Best strikes were very similar, however, anything not on the button ping was automatic and sound is much better than I was expecting. It’s amazing and will be hard to beat. 

For those who have gotten stock shafts and cut them down, any suggestions to not change the weight dynamic too much?  I've the CB Alta shaft, but thinking of taking off 1/2".  I know these are counterbalanced, but not sure how to make sure swingweight stays the same (I like the feel right now).  And don't want to lose the Arccos grips.  

I ordered my G425 driver with the Alta at -3/4 (45" length) at D1 SW. I'm interested in the build calculus, too, as you would think that would require the extra 3 grams (29 gram tungsten slider weight). But maybe they

just hot melt it 2 or 3 grams and leave the 26 gram (standard) Tungsten weight in. Or because of the nature of the Alta CB shaft, they do nothing with my design request. I have no idea with how the CB shaft will affect

the build.

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

I went to True Spec today for a woods fitting but more really to find a good 4/5 wood.

For 5 woods - Hit the Sim 2, Cobra Radspeed, Titleist TSi2 and Ping G425 Max a decent amount narrowing down club then shaft. 

G425 was the clear winner with Ventus Blue 7-S and liked the look at address. Really liked the looks of the TSi2 but couldn’t hit it at all, and the Radspeed was nice but too spinny for me. SIM2 I was just ambivalent about. G425 Sound/feel was good, and forgiveness seemed really high. 

Averages were 153.5mph ball speed, 13.1 launch, 3850 spin, and 242 carry/ 258 total.

Really liked the club and think it will be pretty versatile in the bag. 

Edited by fundustrial
Clarification

7 minutes ago, fundustrial said:

I went to True Spec today for a woods fitting but more really to find a good 4/5 wood.

Hit the Sim 2, Cobra Radspeed, Titleist TSi2 and Ping G425 Max a decent amount narrowing down club then shaft. 

G425 was the clear winner with Ventus Blue 7-S and liked the look at address. Really liked the looks of the TSi2 but couldn’t hit it at all, and the Radspeed was nice but too spinny for me. SIM2 I was just ambivalent about. G425 Sound/feel was good, and forgiveness seemed really high. 

Averages were 153.5mph ball speed, 13.1 launch, 3850 spin, and 242 carry/ 258 total.

Really liked the club and think it will be pretty versatile in the bag. 

Did you really get fit with those numbers?  Spin seems quite high—try to get that spin down under 3k.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

19 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

Did you really get fit with those numbers?  Spin seems quite high—try to get that spin down under 3k.

Sounds like that is for a 4/5 wood? Sub 3k would be pretty low for that club. 

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

20 minutes ago, radiman said:

Sounds like that is for a 4/5 wood? Sub 3k would be pretty low for that club. 

Ah, reading comprehension—thanks.  Something seemed a bit odd...

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter