2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping Hoofer Tour......on sale now!

MSRP is around $350. TGW had them for $319. $280 is a great price. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

On 2/13/2021 at 6:48 PM, Kid B said:

Should’ve mentioned that’s from TGW.  Plus tax of course, but they’ll ship it 2-day air for free

They had a sale for President's Day on the bags to $279. Back to $319 now. I purchased mine 10 days prior to the sale and paid $319. Spoke with customer service and they agreed to honor the $279 per their 14 day price match policy. If anyone is in the same boat as me, might be worth a shot.

I have one in the garage in a box (new) from PING if anyone is interested.  Not trying to screw anyone.  PM me if you're interested before I put it on BST.

Edited by tbowles411

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

On 11/28/2020 at 12:04 PM, reperna said:

Anyone having issues with the stand on these? I just got mine and the legs really lag behind when I pick it up. My other hoofers snap back super fast. Any adjustments on these?

On 11/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, golffeen007 said:

Mine do the same but I think you can tighten the tensioner , just haven’t tried yet

Mine was the same way. it is rather annoying tbh. My 15 year old Hoofer snaps back into the bag still and this brand new barely does... Anyone know if this is just how the bag is?

Other then the leg issue I really love the bag.

3 hours ago, JKsionska12 said:

Mine was the same way. it is rather annoying tbh. My 15 year old Hoofer snaps back into the bag still and this brand new barely does... Anyone know if this is just how the bag is?

Other then the leg issue I really love the bag.

Same here. I returned mine due to this leg sag. It was really bad on mine. They didn't have another in stock so I just grabbed a regular Hoofer.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 10:50 AM, DFW Snowman said:

TGW has the Ping Hoofer Tour for $280 shipped + tax again for anybody looking.

Just a heads up-

Wichita, where TGW is, got slammed by that storm. I bought my bag on the 13th and it hasn’t moved from “picked up” in 12 days. 

It’s not a big deal, I’m in Chicago and won’t need it for a while, but TGW customer service is abysmal at the moment. Nobody replies to emails and it’s an hour on hold if you call. 

They assured me the bag is coming, but it’s going to be a month long ordeal for what was supposed to be free 2-day shipping

If you want to use this thing anytime soon, look elsewhere 

Edited by Kid B

On 2/25/2021 at 8:55 PM, awtryau89 said:

Same here. I returned mine due to this leg sag. It was really bad on mine. They didn't have another in stock so I just grabbed a regular Hoofer.

damn that sucks because I LOVE the bag, the looks, the pockets, etc. Had a Titleist Player 2 bag and wasn't a fan at all. I bought it lightly used and just resold it breaking even after a week.  I actually got this over the Vessel 3.0 Player Bag, went back and forth for awhile and when I had chance to grab this bag for $315 new (got it before the TGW Sale) I thought It was a sign haha. I wasn't going to pay $400 for it.

Had my old Hoofer for 15 years, so I figured this would be just as great. Having some slight second thoughts now... going to give it a full season and if they legs are bad send it back to PING to see if they can fix it.

3 hours ago, JKsionska12 said:

damn that sucks because I LOVE the bag, the looks, the pockets, etc. Had a Titleist Player 2 bag and wasn't a fan at all. I bought it lightly used and just resold it breaking even after a week.  I actually got this over the Vessel 3.0 Player Bag, went back and forth for awhile and when I had chance to grab this bag for $315 new (got it before the TGW Sale) I thought It was a sign haha. I wasn't going to pay $400 for it.

Had my old Hoofer for 15 years, so I figured this would be just as great. Having some slight second thoughts now... going to give it a full season and if they legs are bad send it back to PING to see if they can fix it.

You can almost always fix the legs if they're sagging, or if they don't snap back all the way.  Ping should really do it for you, but if that starts happening it's not the end of the bag.

Mine finally came in today.  Now all I need to do is drop about 18 strokes from my handicap and I can pretend I'm sponsored.

IMG-6749.jpg

IMG-6748.jpg

IMG-6747.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 6:03 PM, Kid B said:

Just a heads up-

Wichita, where TGW is, got slammed by that storm. I bought my bag on the 13th and it hasn’t moved from “picked up” in 12 days. 

It’s not a big deal, I’m in Chicago and won’t need it for a while, but TGW customer service is abysmal at the moment. Nobody replies to emails and it’s an hour on hold if you call. 

They assured me the bag is coming, but it’s going to be a month long ordeal for what was supposed to be free 2-day shipping

If you want to use this thing anytime soon, look elsewhere 

Exact same thing is happening to me. I ordered something from TGW that shipped on the 15th. It sat in Kansas for 12 days without moving until it finally started moving again on the 27th. FedEx just kept scanning my item as "in transit" once per day during that entire window. My delivery date still says "pending" so who knows when it will actually turn up. 

I've contacted TGW twice over the past 2 weeks and have not gotten any response from them at all. 

I understand the winter storm and shipping issues, but being completely unresponsive to my customer service inquires has pretty much ensured that I never order anything from TGW ever again. 

13 minutes ago, Kid B said:

You can almost always fix the legs if they're sagging, or if they don't snap back all the way.  Ping should really do it for you, but if that starts happening it's not the end of the bag.

Mine finally came in today.  Now all I need to do is drop about 18 strokes from my handicap and I can pretend I'm sponsored.

IMG-6749.jpg

IMG-6748.jpg

IMG-6747.jpg

haha well said. Looks great, love the matching Towel too. 

You say that legs can be fixed? Is it an easy tweak or you mean replaced?

2 hours ago, JKsionska12 said:

haha well said. Looks great, love the matching Towel too. 

You say that legs can be fixed? Is it an easy tweak or you mean replaced?

You can usually fix the problem without replacing the entire leg assembly but it depends on what’s causing the problem. I know that’s vague, but these things tend to break in pretty unique ways

• 7 months later...

Grrrr. After less than a year the strap on my Hoofer Tour broke. The white fabric at the attachment point ripped, allowing the strap to come out. Doesn't looks like it can be easily repaired.

I contacted Ping customer service, and they told me to take it to a Ping retailer near me for evaluation. 'Would be nice if they could offer a replacement bag, as shipping a bag to Phoenix is going to be a PITA.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my broken Hoofer Tour. I brought the bag to my local Dick's Sporting Goods. I didn't bother digging up the old receipt. Dick's called Ping, gave them a description of the tear, and Ping said they'd ship a new bag directly to me. Excellent customer service by both Ping and Dick's.

The only rub is that it might take 3 to 4 weeks to get the replacement, as we all know that Ping is struggling to keep up with their orders. 'Hopefully I'll get it sooner, but in the meantime I have my old Hoofer to lug my clubs around in.

• Like 1

Jumping in this topic as I'm waiting on a Hoofer Tour to be delivered (hopefully tomorrow).  Thanks to the folks who pointed out TGW runs frequent sales on these, got mine ordered last Sunday night for 288.90 including tax/free shipping.  Have a Hoofer from about 15-20 years ago that is still perfectly good, recently handed down to my son when he started playing with some of his buddies.  (I used to walk a LOT more back 15-20 years ago! 😉)

I'm currently coming from a SM C-130 14 way cart bag, which is my favorite bag I've ever owned from storage/functionality standpoint.  That bag is probably 4-5 years old and still going strong and will use for a backup or "throwback" set, but just looking for something new that will take up a little less space in the car/cart.  (If I put that C-130 on a cart with side pockets fully loaded my partner barley has room to load his bag on and starts bitching about needing a separate cart 🤣).

A few questions:

- I ride about 90% of the time and use Clicgear the rest of the time, so hopefully shaft tangle and "leg droop" will be a non-issue for me?  I've read it is mostly an issue when legs are extended due to the base/leg mechanism. 

- How is the white material holding up as far as dirt for most of you guys who have had for a while - easy to clean with a rag/mild soap?  Are the more vinyl or cloth-like (have never seen one in person)?

- Coming from a 14-way with separate putter well to this, looking for recommendations on club orientation.  Do most of you who ride frequently put Woods/Putter in the single space closest to the stand and divide out from there?  I'm assuming this will be best as the stand side will go in the back when loaded into a cart, so tallest in back and going long/mid-irons in middle section and 8i-wedges in last "double" section?

Glad to be part of the "HT Community", look forward to continue reading replies to this thread!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Legs were only a problem when I walked. The Clicgear or on the cart it was a non issue for me.
The material cleans easily but I would recommend a cart strap cover or the strap will rub the material pretty quick. 
I used midsize grips and had a little club tangle when legs were extended , but no real issue to speak of when on its base. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golffeen007 said:

Legs were only a problem when I walked. The Clicgear or on the cart it was a non issue for me.
The material cleans easily but I would recommend a cart strap cover or the strap will rub the material pretty quick. 
I used midsize grips and had a little club tangle when legs were extended , but no real issue to speak of when on its base. 

Appreciate the advice on the cart strap cover.  Also will treating the bag with some type of spray to repel serious stains.

So by the words "was" and "were" I assume you have moved on?  Mind me asking why you switched?

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

23 minutes ago, halliedog said:

Appreciate the advice on the cart strap cover.  Also will treating the bag with some type of spray to repel serious stains.

So by the words "was" and "were" I assume you have moved on?  Mind me asking why you switched?

The handle started to slightly tear the fabric where it was attached to the bag. Probably my fault for having 5 or 6 extra clubs in there along with extra gear being winter and on a golf trip , weighing it down. Reached over in the truck to pull them out and it slightly pulled the handle away from the fabric. I was pretty leary about it the next few rounds because I could feel it give when picking it up and I ended up taking it back because it felt as if it might rip at any moment. I loved the bag and all its features , but I was already a little put off by the club tangle with the midsize grips when legs were extended. Same problem I’ve had with the last few Hoofer releases though. 
Oddly , went to a smaller Titleist plus 4 and didn’t have the same issue. 
I would just caution about overloading it , the design puts a lot of pressure on the handle area. 

Bag arrived today and just got it home and unpacked.  Beautiful bag, looks well built, but have to say I'm a little underwhelmed with storage capacity for a "Tour" style bag.  The little detachable "valuables pockets" stuffed inside the side pockets seem somewhat futile so far due to the difficulty just getting them in and out.  If they had the little clips somewhere on the outside near the top (where they hung like a range finder style setup, instead of stuffed inside the lower pockets it might be more of a non-issue for me.

I guess I'll start loading it up with some gear and see how it goes, jury still out at this point whether I'll be keeping this or not.  I think my circa 2000 Hoofer actually has more useful storage and better pocket layout than this thing (and it's still going strong as far as fabric/stand).  Hate to poo-poo it within the first hour, but probably wouldn't have picked this up if I'd had an opportunity to see it in person ahead of time.  Hopefully I can figure out something to make it work, because it really is gorgeous bag.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

12 hours ago, halliedog said:

Bag arrived today and just got it home and unpacked.  Beautiful bag, looks well built, but have to say I'm a little underwhelmed with storage capacity for a "Tour" style bag.  The little detachable "valuables pockets" stuffed inside the side pockets seem somewhat futile so far due to the difficulty just getting them in and out.  If they had the little clips somewhere on the outside near the top (where they hung like a range finder style setup, instead of stuffed inside the lower pockets it might be more of a non-issue for me.

I guess I'll start loading it up with some gear and see how it goes, jury still out at this point whether I'll be keeping this or not.  I think my circa 2000 Hoofer actually has more useful storage and better pocket layout than this thing (and it's still going strong as far as fabric/stand).  Hate to poo-poo it within the first hour, but probably wouldn't have picked this up if I'd had an opportunity to see it in person ahead of time.  Hopefully I can figure out something to make it work, because it really is gorgeous bag.

The strap on my Hoofer Tour broke, and while I wait for the replacement I swapped everything into my old Hoofer. 'Fairly big difference in storage. Each of the pockets on the Tour is just bigger. 

I put my keys in the valuables pocket on the right side. 'No need to remove it, as it swings out far enough. I stow my phone in the unused water bottle pocket on the left side, as my water bottle is on the right side.

13 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

The strap on my Hoofer Tour broke, and while I wait for the replacement I swapped everything into my old Hoofer. 'Fairly big difference in storage. Each of the pockets on the Tour is just bigger. 

I put my keys in the valuables pocket on the right side. 'No need to remove it, as it swings out far enough. I stow my phone in the unused water bottle pocket on the left side, as my water bottle is on the right side.

Fair enough, but I think it's shady referring to 2 little internal "mini pouches" that are attached by clips as "pockets".  I wish I had my old bag here with me so I could give a better comparison, but without the 2 "internal mini pouches" that are hard for my big hands to access I'm willing to bet I could carry everything and more in that old bag as I can in this one.

Let's be honest, I'm too lazy to send this thing back or sell/ship, so I'll figure it out.  I guess I was just expecting more actual zippered pockets, like a velour-lined valuables zippered pocket on the top right, not a "pouch" hidden well inside another pocket. 

• Like 1

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

On 10/15/2021 at 9:48 PM, halliedog said:

Fair enough, but I think it's shady referring to 2 little internal "mini pouches" that are attached by clips as "pockets".  I wish I had my old bag here with me so I could give a better comparison, but without the 2 "internal mini pouches" that are hard for my big hands to access I'm willing to bet I could carry everything and more in that old bag as I can in this one.

Let's be honest, I'm too lazy to send this thing back or sell/ship, so I'll figure it out.  I guess I was just expecting more actual zippered pockets, like a velour-lined valuables zippered pocket on the top right, not a "pouch" hidden well inside another pocket. 

So just to update my previous thoughts:

Was browsing around PGA SS and Golf Galaxy yesterday and came across a few little pouches that are going to help with some of my concerns over lack of pockets.  The one I ended up getting has 3 separate zippered sections and can attach to the outside of the bag with a carabiner clip.  I'm a little OCD about having all my stuff in its own place (tees one place, markers/repair tools/adjustable wrench one place, balls one place,  sunscreen/tape/gloves/can koozies one place, etc.) and this will definitely help with that.

As @Argonne69 mentioned, the included valuables pouch in the full-length zippered pocket is fairly easily accessible without needing to completely remove it.  The other one I'll just leave unconnected from the clip and loose in the pocket for easier use.  Since I usually ride I can load up the cart with beverages so that also leaves those 2 pockets available for other gear.

One last note, since I ride about 85-90% of the time and have one of the Drizzle Stick mini-umbrellas I have no use for the rain hood, so will remove that and open that pocket up for additional storage.  

I still don't really consider this a smaller "Tour" style bag like I'd originally expected, but will definitely be able to make it work out. 

• Like 1

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

• 6 months later...

Question for Hoofer Tour owners regarding pockets...

Is there any kind of zipped & lined valuables pocket as part of the bag (I'm not talking about the removable pouches)

I can see the following: On large side full length zipped pocket, magnetic spine and zippered pocket, 2 bottle holders and a single zipped pocket on the hip pad side, that to me makes 4+2 pockets

Cheers

Nick

3 hours ago, nickosbad said:

Question for Hoofer Tour owners regarding pockets...

Is there any kind of zipped & lined valuables pocket as part of the bag (I'm not talking about the removable pouches)

I can see the following: On large side full length zipped pocket, magnetic spine and zippered pocket, 2 bottle holders and a single zipped pocket on the hip pad side, that to me makes 4+2 pockets

Cheers

Nick

No, there is no integrated valuables pocket. 'Just the removeable pouch in the large, full-length garment pocket.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’ve got a thing for White Bags and am very tempted to pick one of these up!

Looking side by side it seems that the club compartments are exactly the same size as the regular hoofer (I bought a black one in December) it will spend most of the time on a Clicgear 8.0 but like to be able to switch to carrying if my course suddenly puts a trolley ban on!!

I can deal with the reduction in pockets but have one question….given the material they the bag is made from…is there an element of water resistance on the white parts??

1 minute ago, nickosbad said:

Looking side by side it seems that the club compartments are exactly the same size as the regular hoofer (I bought a black one in December) it will spend most of the time on a Clicgear 8.0 but like to be able to switch to carrying if my course suddenly puts a trolley ban on!!

I can deal with the reduction in pockets but have one question….given the material they the bag is made from…is there an element of water resistance on the white parts??

Yes, the white material does a good job of shedding water. I applied Scotch Guard to give it an extra boost. 

1 minute ago, nickosbad said:

It’s the same material as tour staff bags 

• Like 1