PGA Tour coming to ESPN+

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see this as a good thing.

Just spent the $5 for the month and I’ll cancel before I get charged again. I was hoping that paying for coverage would save me from the “This watch tells time” commercial, but I guess not.

PGA Championship and PGA Tour are different entities. I'm not sure what ESPN+ will be doing exactly for the 2020-21 season, I don't think it's been decided yet.

I understand and I agree. Most cable providers will not offer a high speed internet only option even when they have it. They want you buying their cable package. You opt for the alternative providers and you are looking at 10 mbps service for all your streaming pleasure. Nothing worse than watching live sports and getting that irritating loading circle. So like you I keep my cable with the high speed internet. I refuse to buy those "+" services. Not going to get nickel and dimed by the same chanelsI pay over 200 a month for.

Since I dropped YouTubeTV (and lost access to ESPN), I decided to pay the $5 so I could watch Thursday and Friday coverage of the PGA. Frankly, I wish all of the networks would go this route and we could just pay for the content we actually want to watch. As it stands now, we're in this weird transitional phase where some channels are only available as part of large channel lineups with cable or streaming providers and some content is only available a la carte. I want true a la carte.

A la carte channel subscriptions? Communist! /sarcasm. You can thank corporate lobbying and regulatory capture for having to bundle your favourite channels with "Oxygen" and "TLC". Separately, I purchased ESPN+ yesterday to watch the coverage and loved it. The whole crew was engaging and they showed a lot of GOLF rather than GOLF COMMENTARY. Curtis Strange did tend to talk over his fellow broadcasters a lot though, which was kind of annoying. I will probably cancel it after this month - thank goodness there are no minimum subscription requirements.

ESPN and the PGA should be ashamed. They are extorting $ to make up for a lack of revenue and handcuffing the viewing public to watch the way they want you to. 10 more years of this, the PGA will be an afterthought. Its not worth watching the way they are presenting it.

Cobra SZ Xtreme 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 44.5"
Cobra F9 14.5  Tensei Blue AV S 42.75"
Cobra F9 5/6 Atmos Blue S 42.50"
Taylormade SIM Hybrid 22*
TM Burner TP (Japan) irons 5-P Nippon 1150 GH Tour X
Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
PING Glide 3.0 58* DG120 S
Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie 33.5" 
Bridgestone 2020 RXS Yellow

Yep. That’s my irritation. That I am playing for it. They have cameras there , and they’re broadcasting..... they just are allowed to double dip and leverage more money out of me . And it’s especially irritating that they are doing it this year if all years. When their streaming subscribers has to have doubled due to everyone at home.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 21* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 4-Pw DG.X7

Miura 51 55 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

You and me both brother. I have some drywall mud to lay down in the addition we’ve added and then I’ll drag my young squire out and walk some holes since I’m off today. Then we can come back and watch the taped coverage until the middle of the night. Lol. Seems like they are playing on a different planet to those of us on the east coast. Looks weird , and they play till after bedtime here.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 21* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 4-Pw DG.X7

Miura 51 55 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

I was surprised to not see the PGA Championship app on Roku like I did for last year. Even if they don't have the broadcast rights, the PGA should've at least had some visibility here...like the USGA.

I use ESPN+ for local college sports, which supposedly a portion of the revenues from the channel go to the colleges, so I don't feel like I am as cheated as I could be...

Subscribed yesterday, worked great on my 75 in Sony/android tv. Had to come in to the office today. Tried to logon from my iPad, no dice. Says I don’t have a subscription. Go to espn + customer service...40 minute wait.

needless to say, I won’t be reupping after this weekend.

Taylormade 2016 m2 9.5 Whiteboard 73 stiff
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff
M2 2017 19 tour ad-di hybrid
titleist 710 mb 4-pw
Vokey 52,56
Tons of putters

Darn guys showed up and laid a bunch of sod at my house this morning, golf after work became watering and planning watering, so watching live (between moving sprinklers, lol).

Yep, it looks like another world - we were supposed to be a week into a nice northern Cali vacation right now we had to cancel, but we'll go next year and my elbow isn't quite ready for Pebble (but close).