Expensive Golf Clothing you sprung for and were pleasantly surprised with.

Peter Millar is super comfortable, but "classic" fit not my style.

RLX - much better than Polo golf which is in the lines of Peter Millar. Great quality and designs.

JLindberg - Usually great quality and with an occasionally cheap looking design. Not sure why. Some of their fabrics feel high quality and one I got just felt kinda cheap (from the same reputable store too).

Lululemon - great if you like really basic styles which are cut well. For me a little too bland, as it was just literally one color. But very comfortable and well cut to fit your body. Fabric on the polo I got was very high quality.

Calvin Klein Golf - By chance saw this on a big website. I love their pants and wear them way too much. Stretchy, breathable, and slim fit. Not too pricey but I think worth a mention.

Ashworth - I don't know if it's that premium in the states but here in Asia it is, especially the japanese made ones. I'd say it's mostly for a conservative look, but very nice quality.

Munsingwear - great quality. Designs are a bit funky but never regretted getting anything from them.

I pretty much only get the synthetic stuff now. Drapes much better and doesn't wear out like regular shirts do. Collars also stay fresh for longer. Now it's just giving away polos which I don't like the look of anymore rather than them getting worn down.

Callaway Epic SZ Driver 9
TM Aeroburner TP 3 wood
3H (19), 4H (22) Aeroburner TP
Mizuno MP-15 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
Scotty Phantom X6 STR

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a Galway Bay rain suit. not as expensive as galvin green or some others but still pricey. loooove it. Fits great, easy to swing in. Dry. total winner.

Bonobos. The pants are pricier than I would normally buy, but I have worn them for golf, work, and they are especially great for travel. And they last. I have a couple pairs of the highland pants tha

Lululemon. Admittedly, I had always thought of it as an overpriced brand for pretentious, effeminate guys. For my birthday last year, one of my daughters paid for 2 pairs of the ABC pants. I refu

Linksoul Boardwalker shorts. Tried one pair, ended up buying 2 more.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra F9 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (15) - Exotics EX10 Aldila Rougue Silver 70S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I typically always purchased upper-middle quality shirts (Ashworth, Cutter & Buck) Was always pleased and never saw the need to go high end. Likewise for pants and shorts I stick with UA and Greg Norman. As previously stated for rain gear and other outerwear I stick with Zero Restriction and find it’s money well spent. One place I do splurge is on belts. A cheap belt looks cheap while higher end shows it.

6’4 guy here, wish the inseam was longer.

Ping G425 Max 9* (Ventus Black 7X)

Cobra SZ 5W (Tensei Pro White 80TX)

TM P790UDI (Aldila RIP Hybrid Alpha 105X)

Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-5 (KBS Tour 130X)

Mizuno MP18 SC 6-7 (KBS Tour 130X)

Mizuno MP18 MB 8-PW (KBS Tour 130X)

TM Hi-Toe Raw 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

TM Spider X Copper

I just splurged and bought some Zero Restriction rain gear. I'm hoping it holds up at Bandon in March.

Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 6TX

Taylormade RBZ Tour 14.5* Matrix Ozik TZ6

Taylormade P790 3 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Taylormade P770 4-5 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Taylormade MG2 56.12 60.10 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Newport 2/Taylormade Spider X Chalk Double Bend

Taylormade TP5X/Titleist Pro V1x

I’ve got outerwear and rain gear from, KJUS, Galvin Green, Zero Restriction and it’s all amazing

Shirts/Pants/Shorts - Matte Grey, Greyson, G/Fore, Dunning, Linksoul...really like the quality of Holderness Bourne but the fit for me is a bit off. Only one shirt though so not writing them off.

Need to take a look at those Greyson Montauks that keep getting mentioned.

I'm 5'11" 175lbs athletic-slim build and these are what I liked best:RLX - One of my favorite fits for polos. I'll wear the slim fit Medium. Large tends to be way too long. One gripe is that the dry-fit material is so thin, it can easily get snagged on a sharp corner or in the wash and you'll see pulling on the fabric's threading. Recommend hand wash or dry clean for these. Also have a rain jacket and rain pants bought on sale 70% off so that was great value.J.Lindeberg - Another good one for polos, but their sizing can vary. I'll wear slim fit Large or regular fit Medium. Sleeves on both tend to be on the shorter side compared to Nike/Adidas/etc. I also have a pair of the Palmer Schoeller 3xDry shorts and pants. Both great quality and fit.Bonobos - Highland pants are made pretty well; sturdy fabric and good stitching, easy to clean and dry. Slim fit or tailored fit work better for me. I find the straight fit or athletic fit are too baggy.

Forgot to mention that I'm a bargain shopper so all of the above items were bought at 50-70% off.

I've recently become obsessed with Peter Millar shirts, specifically the Crown Crafted line. The tailored fit is perfect and the softness/quality of the fabric is outstanding. I bought one at full price at their Dallas store, then picked up 4 more during their end of season sale for what was basically $42 per shirt. My other shirts are mainly Travis Mathew with a one off GFore, Puma, Donald Ross and Nike.

I have yet to find a short that's 'perfect' and find myself going back to Adidas. I've got a couple Boardwalkers, a Beck short, and a couple cheap ones from Old Navy. Nothing stands out.

Also, I posted this else where, but you can get great deals on TM hats at Nordstromrack.com. They fit my head perfectly and are literally the only hat I wear now.

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Newport 2.5 Special Select
Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis

Bonobos pants were eye opening after I got a pair... I'll definitely be grabbing a couple more...

Zero Restriction makes quality outerwear, I've had a pullover for about 5 years that still looks new

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

• 4 months later...

G/Fore- love all their stuff. Shirts made of nice material and very comfortable. Shorts are nice but I love their shoes. I think I purchased 5 pairs just this year. So comfortable.

Galvin Green- started watching TXG and saw Ian wearing the brand. Picked up a few shirts and then purchased a lot more.

Greyson- both their shirts and shorts are top notch.

Peter Miller- always a good go to. Shorts seem to run shorter (length wise) than other but shirts and shorts are made of nice material.

recently just purchased a couple of Mizzen and Main Phil Mickelson shirts. Very pleasantly surprised. However they run a little big (I wear a medium to medium/athletic fit).

RLX and JL are always good but I think G/Fore, GG and now Greyson have passed them up.

i have recently started to get ads for Tattoo Golf. Some of their designs are pretty cool. Anyone try them out?

Driver:  Mavrik  9.2* Single Diamond - AutoFlex SF505X shaft 

3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X/ TM Sim Rocket 14*- AutoFlex SF505X
3i Honma MMT 105TX
4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron MMT 105TX
5-GW PXG Gen3 DG X100. (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW Tour)
Bettinardi HLX 3.0. 56*
Vokey SM8 60* LW
LAB 2.1 Stability Shaft, 35inch
  • 2 weeks later...

Peter Millar polo shirts have been great. And the Travis Mathew "Beck" shorts have become my favorite shorts to wear. I ended up picking up 4 pairs.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)

I have yet to find a brand/designer of golf clothing and especially golf shoes (aside from the new version of FJ Classics) that are remotely worth wearing. As someone who is into fashion (non-golf fashion, such as Visvim, Kapital, Bode, Sacai, Second Layer, to name a few), it’s absolutely embarrassing how plain or loud the state of golf fashion is. Feel free to prove me wrong. Please. The only golf shirts I actually like are RLX. Peter Millar collars are trash and no one has designed an athletic golf shoe that isn’t awful. With so many amazing styles of sneakers it’s amazing to me it hasn’t translated to golf yet. Please help.