Ping i59

johngalt312

On 9/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, Krod0507 said:

Anyone have any idea why more ping pros are not playing these irons? I’m a scratch golfer looking for a new set and have had my eye on these since the beginning but now am considering the t100. Have my fitting next Thursday so we will see. 

I was speaking to one of Ping’s Champions Tour staff players who stated the irons are great except the spin on the short irons, 8-W, was too low for him and this is a theme with other tour players. He is blueprint and Iblade fan for reference. He stated short irons are just too hot for him. 

First post! Been following this thread for a while, thought I'd put my experience out there.

Just came out of a 10 year hiatus from golf, I was a solid HS golfer (-6/7), and went by the wayside when going to college and starting my career. Just got back into it, and really needing to refresh my 12+ year old bag filled with blades 2-PW. I'm playing at probably a 10-12 now, so eyeing something more forgiving than my old 695MBs, but still want ability to work the ball. I have no issues with distance, and I despise a large-offset/sole improvement iron. I recently got fitted with the goal of finding something that is a players iron in looks and workability but a more forgiving face for better dispersion. 

I started with Mizuno in their range of MPs and JPXs (love how incremental their iron options are). The 921 JPX Tour is a solid fit, but surprisingly I hit the old i500s better, but those are now unable to be ordered. My fitter just received his i59 heads, and I did a range session against the JPX Tours. The head heel-to-toe is SHORT, but the grooves seem about the same width. Even though the JPX appears to be a much larger/more forgiving iron, I didn't actually feel it hit like it was any more forgiving. Shapes shots like a dream.

I have both sets ordered already, but I need to get on the LM one more time to see if there's anything staggering in terms of distance or spin to be concerned with in comparison. I clearly dont buy clubs often, so I'm not overly concerned with the price if I'm getting what works for me. But, if they are THAT close to the JPX, I am weighing the cost, performance, and lead time on order... I will shove out the dough, but not waiting till december if I can game the JPXs for a drastically cheaper price and sooner. But if lead times are similar, I'll game them. 

Would love to hear if anyone is receiving their early pre-orders of i59s. I believe I'm blue dot standard length and loft.

• Thanks 1

Ordered 5-P with Modus 105S. Estimated ship date is 11/1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Signature!

DRIVER: Ping G425 Max 10.5° Aldila Rogue 70S

4W: G425 17.5° @ 16.5° | GD AD DI 7S

4H: G425 22° @ 23° | Ping Tour 85R

IRONS: Ping i59 5-PW | Modus 105S

WEDGES: Ping Glide Forged Pro 50.10 | Modus 105S / Ping Glide Forged Pro 54.10 & 58.10 | DG S400 TI

PUTTER: Ping 2021 Anser | KBS CT TOUR

Don't know guys, was super excited about this release but after hitting a bunch of balls with these, the 210s, and the blueprints I just cant find where these fit.  To me this iron is a less consistent blueprint.  Exponentially less forgiving than the 210s and not as consistent as the blueprints.  Definitely longer than the blueprints but the blueprints spin more so the distances and dispersion are more consistent.  I think Ping might have missed the mark here especially at this price point.  If you want forgiveness buy the 210s, if you want ultimate consistency, buy the blueprints, this iron was supposed to fit in between and in my experience they just don't quite get there.  iBlades, S55s both better irons in the category that this iron is trying to fit in my opinion.  To each his own obviously, hope you boys that got em love em!  They're absolutely gorgeous at address

• Like 2

TaylorMade Sim2 8* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Green 65 X 
Ping G425 Max 14.5* w/ Aldila Rogue White 80 X
Ping G425 Max 21* w/ Aldila Rogue White 80 X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Titleist Vokey SM8 46*, 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Directed Force 2.1

2 hours ago, wlittle1274 said:

Don't know guys, was super excited about this release but after hitting a bunch of balls with these, the 210s, and the blueprints I just cant find where these fit.  To me this iron is a less consistent blueprint.  Exponentially less forgiving than the 210s and not as consistent as the blueprints.  Definitely longer than the blueprints but the blueprints spin more so the distances and dispersion are more consistent.  I think Ping might have missed the mark here especially at this price point.  If you want forgiveness buy the 210s, if you want ultimate consistency, buy the blueprints, this iron was supposed to fit in between and in my experience they just don't quite get there.  iBlades, S55s both better irons in the category that this iron is trying to fit in my opinion.  To each his own obviously, hope you boys that got em love em!  They're absolutely gorgeous at address

These are geared strictly towards the iBlade player.....the player that benefits from extra launch but knocking spin off iBlade levels. I don't get/understand the i210 comparables.....i210 are HUGE compared to i59 - I'd expect the 210 to be way more forgivable - looks like 1 maybe 2 posters stated forgiveness exceeds 210[which I wholeheartedly disagree]. If you miss  high / toe- nothing compares to i210

Edit: i210 & iBlade both do match spin wise - I will concede that as a fair comparison....so maybe the i59 spin considerably lower - considering Hov opted not bagging above 6i i59? 

Edited by animalgolfs
  • Like 1

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

7 hours ago, wlittle1274 said:

Interesting.

I ordered a 3 iron only to go with my Blueprints; same spec etc and I think this will work very well.

I have a 18* 790 UDI and not been getting on with it recently so right now I will replace that with the 3 iron. I want a club that will consistently go a distance and I am certainly that person who hits smaller heads better than bigger heads due to the lower margin for error. I also think I will have the option(very rare) to not use my 50* and use the UDI.

• Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

6 hours ago, scott_Donald said:

Interesting.

I ordered a 3 iron only to go with my Blueprints; same spec etc and I think this will work very well.

I have a 18* 790 UDI and not been getting on with it recently so right now I will replace that with the 3 iron. I want a club that will consistently go a distance and I am certainly that person who hits smaller heads better than bigger heads due to the lower margin for error. I also think I will have the option(very rare) to not use my 50* and use the UDI.

Do you have an estimated ship date? I'm thinking about ordering a 3&4 iron.

• Like 1

Driver: SIM 10.5* playing @ 8.5* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6x - 46"
3 Wood: TS2 15* | Mitsubishi MMT 75TX

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

3i: P770 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Ping Blueprint Red Dot Power Spec | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
Wedges: 50&54&60: Ping Glide Forged | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
Putter: Sik Pro C-Series | Armlock

17 hours ago, JakeW13 said:

Do you have an estimated ship date? I'm thinking about ordering a 3&4 iron.

I ordered last Tuesday and was told October 21. I was expecting Christmas time so can't complain at all.

I use a PX 7.0 so didn't know whether that would make it easier or harder.

Edited by scott_Donald
  • Like 1
  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

46 minutes ago, Eidelweiss said:

I ordered 4-P (Blue Dot, PX LS Shafts) through Roger Dunn as soon as I was able to in August. They originally said the expected ship date would be 9/30, but I called them today and they said it's been delayed until 10/14. Apparently one of Ping's plants had shut down? For other people that ordered, what are your quoted ship dates?

My estimated date is 11/1. However I probably have a solid 1 month left of golfing season, with a potential few good days sprinkled in there. So if my date is delayed it doesn't really impact me whatsoever. Regardless they won't get here soon enough.

• Like 1

Signature!

DRIVER: Ping G425 Max 10.5° Aldila Rogue 70S

4W: G425 17.5° @ 16.5° | GD AD DI 7S

4H: G425 22° @ 23° | Ping Tour 85R

IRONS: Ping i59 5-PW | Modus 105S

WEDGES: Ping Glide Forged Pro 50.10 | Modus 105S / Ping Glide Forged Pro 54.10 & 58.10 | DG S400 TI

PUTTER: Ping 2021 Anser | KBS CT TOUR

1 hour ago, Eidelweiss said:

I ordered 4-P (Blue Dot, PX LS Shafts) through Roger Dunn as soon as I was able to in August. They originally said the expected ship date would be 9/30, but I called them today and they said it's been delayed until 10/14. Apparently one of Ping's plants had shut down? For other people that ordered, what are your quoted ship dates?

Either way, I'm super stoked to get them in. I've been catching up on this thread as I haven't checked this thead since I ordered the irons, and damn, people are being super weird about these irons. I get the price is definitely on the high side, but they're still very good irons that compete fairly well with other brands' flagship products. Are other brands' flagship products cheaper at the moment? Sure! They're great irons as well, and if you're brand agnostic those would definitely be a strong option at a cheaper price point. It doesn't make the i59 somehow a more inferior product in terms of performance.

I think it's weird that people are getting so hyperbolic about this in the weirdest of ways. If they're too expensive, move on. No need to try to conjure up some weird stories about how Ping doesn't care about their golf business any more or how these irons suck because pros haven't picked them up during the tail end of their seasons. Just stop lol

9/24 was initial & only quote

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

On 9/17/2021 at 5:02 PM, awtryau89 said:

This is GolfWRX. No one on here ever misses the center. I stand by my comments. The i59 will not produce the same results on off center hits as the i210. The flight is lower and you lose more distance. Thin shots are much more punishing. This is how I measure forgiveness. The i59 does just as well as the i210 from an offline perspective but comes up much shorter. This is all with a 7 iron. You get to the 4-5 its going to be much more punishing. A little secret on Ping's statement on MOI. I asked our Ping rep directly about this when he brought them by our club. My question was how did you guys do this and he said that is more pointed to the short irons. They can make that statement and not qualify it to all irons so it helps them from a marketing perspective. MOI matters but robots don't hit clubs on the course. I'll watch closely to see how many of the Ping pros that play i210s migrate to i59s. I am a Ping guy and play their irons religiously. 

You're watching the wrong pros, if you watch players using i210's.  You need to watch the pro's that play iBlades, since the i59 is the new "iBlade".  

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

Callaway Epic 3w 15* - VA Composites Raijin 74 four

Taylormade Sim2 Max 5w(18*) - Graphite Design AD DI 7x

Titleist TSi2 4h (B4) - VA Composites Raijin 84 four

Ping i59 5-PW - Oban CT-115 (S)

Titleist Vokey SM8 50.08F(51*), 56.12D, 60.04T(61*) - Oban CT-115 (S)

Bettinardi SS28 Slotback

9 hours ago, Golfguy1012 said:

I just spoke with ping customer service, all pre ordered i59 shipments will be sent out at the same time. With a shipping date between the 2nd-3rd week of October. They are doing this so all preorder customer get their clubs within a few days of each other. 

Just got the FedEx alert that mine will be in tomorrow, can't wait!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, clane3 said:

👀

10 hours ago, Golfguy1012 said:

I just spoke with ping customer service, all pre ordered i59 shipments will be sent out at the same time. With a shipping date between the 2nd-3rd week of October. They are doing this so all preorder customer get their clubs within a few days of each other. 

img-2.jpg

• Haha 1

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

Mine have been done for two weeks and have been sitting at Ping.  They won’t ship until the release date. I have members that have been waiting for five months for clubs that they don’t have and they actually have the i59’s done and won’t ship them! Ha ha ha!

Edited by poppman2142
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5* with Diamana ZF 60 Stiff untipped
Titleist TS1 15* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2"
Titleist TS1 18* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2”

Callaway TCB 4-AW with MMT 105 stiff soft stepped 1x

Callaway Jaws Forged C Grind 55, 60 with MMT 105 stiff scoring wedge
Lajosi DD201 Damascus long neck putter

Scotty Cameron Circle T Concept M2 Arm Lock 42”, 71.5, 6 loft

Pro V1 2021
Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Alright guys just ordered my set 4-pw 125x Accra steel shaft. Tested against the t100s and found these to be a lot more consistent and forgiving in my opinion. I tested the 6 iron of each and found that the I59 was a tad bit larger than the t100s giving me a little more confidence in the longer irons. The dispersion was incredibly tight and the iron just felt great. They were soft in my opinion and sounded a tad clicky but that doesn’t matter to much to me. Excited to receive these whenever they may come.  

• Like 3

On 9/22/2021 at 8:36 PM, clane3 said:

Did yours come in? Thoughts?

Callaway Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5* with Diamana ZF 60 Stiff untipped
Titleist TS1 15* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2"
Titleist TS1 18* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2”

Callaway TCB 4-AW with MMT 105 stiff soft stepped 1x

Callaway Jaws Forged C Grind 55, 60 with MMT 105 stiff scoring wedge
Lajosi DD201 Damascus long neck putter

Scotty Cameron Circle T Concept M2 Arm Lock 42”, 71.5, 6 loft

Pro V1 2021
Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag