Jump to content

Ping i59


johngalt312

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

We'll add that one to the others quoted here....14th & 25th

 

And there's a set on eBay 

 

Yep, the 25th date was from Ping HQ today, no rep involved. When we asked how they were already circulating, they said accounts will be pulled if selling before that date.

  • Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9 Tour AD M9003 7x * Cobra F7 3W Tour AD UB 8x * Callaway 17* UW PX 6.5 RDX 80g * Ping i59 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ Blackout * Callaway X-Forged 21 UT 21 Nippon Modus G.O.S.T * Mizuno T22 50/54/59 X100 Black Onyx * A Putter * Ping Hoofer 5 way

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DaveTrom said:

I had the I59's and already played and sold them... In my opinion not a great iron.  Maybe other people will have more success 

Can you provide some feedback? What iron did you come from? Going back to?

Titleist TSI3 MCA Diamana ZF 60 TX

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue 75X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x // Srixon ZX UI 2i 18* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 95x

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DaveTrom said:

I had the I59's and already played and sold them... In my opinion not a great iron.  Maybe other people will have more success 

🤣

 I among others would love to hear some sort of explanation as to what made them "not a great iron" to you.

 

What had you came from prior to the i59?  

 

I have 0 interest in these so my question is purely out of curiosity.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DaveTrom said:

I had the I59's and already played and sold them... In my opinion not a great iron.  Maybe other people will have more success 

You know that 15+handicap at your home club that has a brand new set in his bag every week and ends up in the locker room trash can? Yeah..... I got my old Titleist blades from the same guy 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MHand52 said:

You know that 15+handicap at your home club that has a brand new set in his bag every week and ends up in the locker room trash can? Yeah..... I got my old Titleist blades from the same guy 🤣

 

 

My previous set were PXG Gen 3 0311 T irons.  

 

 

Ping I59

 

Very Basic Review 

 

I don't mind paying more for clubs but in my opinion they are expensive for what you get. 

I do like like the thinner top line better than the 0311 T irons

 

Less forgiving than other irons in the same category, a miss you will lose significant yardage.  

First they have an unusual sound, very loud sound.  

They are basically blades without being blades

Seems they are marketed to have a lot of technology but the numbers seem to be the same as 

a tradition forged players Iron,  I didn't really see technology reflected in the numbers.

 

Maybe people with have a better experience than I had, but in my opinion high price for a very traditional iron

in terms or launch, spin, and distance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, DaveTrom said:

 

 

My previous set were PXG Gen 3 0311 T irons.  

 

 

Ping I59

 

Very Basic Review 

 

I don't mind paying more for clubs but in my opinion they are expensive for what you get. 

I do like like the thinner top line better than the 0311 T irons

 

Less forgiving than other irons in the same category, a miss you will lose significant yardage.  

First they have an unusual sound, very loud sound.  

They are basically blades without being blades

Seems they are marketed to have a lot of technology but the numbers seem to be the same as 

a tradition forged players Iron,  I didn't really see technology reflected in the numbers.

 

Maybe people with have a better experience than I had, but in my opinion high price for a very traditional iron

in terms or launch, spin, and distance.

 

To me in my demo trials , they were more compact than an iBlade but more forgiving with a less clicky feel.  Spin was close to the same on solid strikes , but the i59 retained better spin on low groove shots. PXG’s felt more powerful off the face , but players looking into the i59’s probably aren’t looking for distance irons. 

Ping G425 LST 9 Tour AD M9003 7x * Cobra F7 3W Tour AD UB 8x * Callaway 17* UW PX 6.5 RDX 80g * Ping i59 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ Blackout * Callaway X-Forged 21 UT 21 Nippon Modus G.O.S.T * Mizuno T22 50/54/59 X100 Black Onyx * A Putter * Ping Hoofer 5 way

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

You played 1 round and sold them

 

God I LOVE WRX

 

 

 

Where'd he say he played ONE round with them ? :classic_rolleyes:

 

God I love WRX. 🙃

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Tour AD TP

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP

Adams Idea Pro 20* Aldila Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Cally PM Grind 56 KBS Tour 115

Odyssey OG 7 (Today)

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, animalgolfs said:

His bst listing.....seriously you questioning THAT 

 

Do you seriously think I went through his posts to find his BST listing ? hysterical.gif

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Tour AD TP

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP

Adams Idea Pro 20* Aldila Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Cally PM Grind 56 KBS Tour 115

Odyssey OG 7 (Today)

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

No...but you saw the i59 listing.....just like all of us

 

It's a long thread. Maybe you do but I don't go back and (re-)read the entire thread whenever I get to the latest posts.

 

I saw NO listing. I only saw your post and the post you quoted. Maybe you could've referred to said post/listing ? Hmmmmm :classic_wink:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Tour AD TP

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP

Adams Idea Pro 20* Aldila Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Cally PM Grind 56 KBS Tour 115

Odyssey OG 7 (Today)

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nsxguy said:

 

It's a long thread. Maybe you do but I don't go back and (re-)read the entire thread whenever I get to the latest posts.

 

I saw NO listing. I only saw your post and the post you quoted. Maybe you could've referred to said post/listing ? Hmmmmm :classic_wink:

He didn’t know you were coming along to try to crack down on him for no reason. And then be wrong anyways

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, toddyc said:

He didn’t know you were coming along to try to crack down on him for no reason. And then be wrong anyways

 

:classic_laugh:

 

So I SHOULD have re-read the entire thread then ?  :classic_rolleyes:

 

You know, as opposed to him referring to something he criticized that wasn't IN the POST he quoted ?

 

Gotcha. Thanks.   chuckling.gif

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Tour AD TP

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP

Adams Idea Pro 20* Aldila Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Cally PM Grind 56 KBS Tour 115

Odyssey OG 7 (Today)

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

 

:classic_laugh:

 

So I SHOULD have re-read the entire thread then ?  :classic_rolleyes:

 

You know, as opposed to him referring to something he criticized that wasn't IN the POST he quoted ?

 

Gotcha. Thanks.   chuckling.gif

He didn't say anything other than what was posted above....I just happened to remember the bst listing 

 

Don't know what you're expecting on this....but you're not giving up the fight 

 

So I've wronged you,  somehow....

 

 

  • Like 1

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

He didn't say anything other than what was posted above....I just happened to remember the bst listing 

 

Don't know what you're expecting on this....but you're not giving up the fight 

 

So I've wronged you,  somehow....

 

 

 

And I you,,,,,,,,,, somehow.

 

82 posts on a single thread. You must be very passionate about the i59s.

 

Relax my friend. No big deal. You simply wrote something that wasn't evident in the post you quoted and I picked up on it.

 

So what. Forget it already. You get the last word,,,,,,, here,,,,,,,,,,,

 

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Tour AD TP

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP

Adams Idea Pro 20* Aldila Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Cally PM Grind 56 KBS Tour 115

Odyssey OG 7 (Today)

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, nsxguy said:

 

:classic_laugh:

 

So I SHOULD have re-read the entire thread then ?  :classic_rolleyes:

 

You know, as opposed to him referring to something he criticized that wasn't IN the POST he quoted ?

 

Gotcha. Thanks.   chuckling.gif

I don’t know that you need to reread every thread, but how about not commenting on the posts you don’t know about? Seems easy. 

Edited by BCC1898
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

This is the second post I’ve seen in the last two days where someone jumps into a non PXG thread out of the blue and proclaims they are gonna buy or go look at PXG… Call me cynical, but it feels contrived. A couple Parson family member burner accounts??? 😂   

Haha…I’m one those guilty parties in this. If Parson’s wants to add me to the Will and Trust or just send me some clubs I’ll accept both. I’ll be the burner account all day to be apart of the inheritance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sniper said:

Haha…I’m one those guilty parties in this. If Parson’s wants to add me to the Will and Trust or just send me some clubs I’ll accept both. I’ll be the burner account all day to be apart of the inheritance!

Unfortunately I hear he is only offering $25 Cracker Barrel gift cards for each mention. But hey, that beats a sharp stick in the eye sweetheart! 🤣

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

This is the second post I’ve seen in the last two days where someone jumps into a non PXG thread out of the blue and proclaims they are gonna buy or go look at PXG… Call me cynical, but it feels contrived. A couple Parson family member burner accounts??? 😂   

It's in more than last 2 days....and multiple threads from last 3 months

 

Like have you heard PXG ships clubs & Ping just playing "keeps away"

 

There's a solid joke in all this.....I'll get sent to timeout 

 

So, kudos to PXG[and the fanboys] but I'm waiting on me Pings 

  • Like 1

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

It's in more than last 2 days....and multiple threads from last 3 months

 

Like have you heard PXG ships clubs & Ping just playing "keeps away"

 

There's a solid joke in all this.....I'll get sent to timeout 

 

So, kudos to PXG[and the fanboys] but I'm waiting on me Pings 

I think it's more a not so subtle dig on Ping's pricing.  Since PXG WAS considered the overpriced brand.  Obviously their pricing is a roller coaster right now so it's hard to use them as a barometer for anything lol.  I am no PXG fan by any means.  Just salty because these Pings are priced way outside of what I would consider paying.  They're sexy clubs.  Hopefully you'll get them soon and enjoy the hell out of them.  

  • Like 1

Taylormade OG Sim 10.5* w/Diamana PD 60X tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, radiman said:

I think it's more a not so subtle dig on Ping's pricing.  Since PXG WAS considered the overpriced brand.  Obviously their pricing is a roller coaster right now so it's hard to use them as a barometer for anything lol.  I am no PXG fan by any means.  Just salty because these Pings are priced way outside of what I would consider paying.  They're sexy clubs.  Hopefully you'll get them soon and enjoy the hell out of them.  

Perhaps, and I get that. But it’s not just in Ping threads 🤷🏼‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      General Albums - 
       
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #1
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #2
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #3
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #4
       
       
      WITB Albums - 
       
      Hideki Matsuyama - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sung Kang - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Adam Long - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Brandon Wu - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Xander Schauffele - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Daniel Berger - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      James Hahn - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Phil Mickelson - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Aaron Wise - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Lee Hodges - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Cameron Champ - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Kyle Stanley - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
       
      Pullout Albums - 
       
      New Super Stroke grip - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Tour Aim alignment aids - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Swag Golf: Hideki's caddie bowing at Augusta, signed headcovers – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Dylan Frittelli's Callaway Apex TCB Sand Wedge (1-of-1 proto) – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Bryson DeChambeau's Cobra King LTDx 5-degree driver – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      NeuroPeak Pro NTel Belt - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      JumboMax JMX Zen Lite grips – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
      Cameron Champ WITB has the new Ping i525

       
      Bryson's WITB has the new Cobra LTDx Driver 

       
      Phils new Rogue Driver

       
      Bryson's LAGolf Shaft in the driver

       
      Xander has the triple diamond "S" driver

       
      New SuperStroke grips for 2022

       
      • 7 replies
    • 2022 The American Express WITB Photos (Spotted: New gear for 2022) - Discussion & Links
      Please put and comments or questions here
       
       
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2022 American Express
      New Taylor-Made putters - 2022 American Express
      New Odyssey putters - 2022 American Express
      New Axis 1 model putter - - 2022 American Express
      Patrick Cantlay - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Mitsubishi MMT putter shaft - 2022 American Express
      Ping putter - 2022 American Express
      Abraham Ancer - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Jason Dufner - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2022 American Express
      The Surgeon 6109 wedge - 2022 American Express
      LA Golf "DJ Series" shafts (2022 American Express)
       
       
       
      2022 American Express - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
      • 40 replies
    • Sony Open Pics from January 11, 2022 Part 1
      I was able to get out to the Sony Open today to take a few pics.  I guess due to Covid precautions they kept the spectators pretty far from the players.  Also due to camera restrictions they've put in place, I wasn't able to bring the big lens like I normally do. Hopefully they'll ease up on the ropes and I'll be able to get more pics tomorrow!
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 22 replies
    • 2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max driver
       

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver
       
      2021 Callaway Rogue ST Max 
       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS

       
      Rogue ST exploded views
        • Like
      • 208 replies
    • Titleist Vokey SM9 Link on Wedge Works Coming Soon- UPDATED Pics Added Pg 4
      Looks like there is a link on Titleist Wedge Works for the new Vokey SM9, but doesn't show any photos yet.
       
      https://www.vokey.com/product/WM137.html#start=4
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 237 replies

×
×
  • Create New...