Ping i59

johngalt312

Picked up my set from

my club today. Look solid, but my 8i came with the wrong flex shaft lol. I ordered Modus 105 stiff and the 8i came with an Xstiff.

They want to send it back but I’m worried it would take 2 months for them to have a shaft and send back. Might just order a single shaft myself.

these are nice but not sure they will kick the T100s (2021) or Callaway TCBs out of the bag/back up bag. I think they are as forgiving as the T100s which are sneaky good with forgiveness.

Edited by Kitchen
Spelling

PING G430 Max 9* • Tensei 1K Pro Orange 6S
PING G430 3 Wood • Tensei 1K Pro Blue 7S
Titleist TSR2 3 Hybrid • Tensei 1K Hybrid 80S

T200 4 Iron • Hzrdus 6.0

PING Blueprint S 5-PW • AWT 2.0 X

Vokey 50.12F, 54.10S, 58.08M • DG TI S400 Onyx

Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven • BGT Stability Tour

9 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I’m sure this is somewhere in this thread, but has anyone measured the ball speed of these vs. i210 or i200? I know i59 are not a replacement for those, but just curious. Thanks. 

I gained a couple more mph on average with the i59. Average with my i210 7i is about 106 while the i59 has been been 108. Even popped a couple over 110...Probably some the most atypical WRX numbers out there.

Signature!

Taking a shot in the dark and wondering if anyone can compare them to the W/S Staff Model CB.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

28 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

My biggest hope from the i59 is they take the same technology to the i525s. If they keep everything the same with the cast body and forged face, hoping they can make that work at the $185 price point they are rumored to be.

5 & 6 irons i525 are calling my name....probably in retro lofts to spec match

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

On 10/27/2021 at 9:06 AM, PVSaluki said:

OVERALL/FIRST IMPRESSION

I’ve played the MP 20s for almost 2 years. Just had a run with some of my best golf in a while the last 2 months for Florida Mid Am, club championships, and other small events. I have 2 months off to get these figured out. Im 35 and get ragged quite a bit by my old college teammates about still playing Mizuno blades. Pride I guess…I think the forgiveness these have to offer compared to them will place them firmly in the bag come tournament session in Jan and Feb here in Florida.

Nice write up.

And playing some of your best golf the last 2 months and getting new sticks ?!?!?!

On behalf of all the club hos on the site, THANK YOU for your support !!! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Has anyone recently looked into ordering the i59’s?  Was wondering what delivery times might be like at this point. 

I know it’s like forever for most everything else but wondered if the 59’s were still relatively available. 

Would be getting Recoils if that’s a factor. 

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

2 hours ago, vernon said:

Has anyone recently looked into ordering the i59’s?  Was wondering what delivery times might be like at this point. 

I know it’s like forever for most everything else but wondered if the 59’s were still relatively available. 

Would be getting Recoils if that’s a factor. 

FWIW my local PGATSS just got a set and put it on the rack.

Feel nice but I didn't hit them. They had Project X LS 6.0 shafts in them.

But would you really want a set "early" with Recoils if you weren't fit into them. $250 per club (with the LS's) ? shocked.gif

Titleist Pro V1X

12 hours ago, Kitchen said:

Picked up my set from

my club today. Look solid, but my 8i came with the wrong flex shaft lol. I ordered Modus 105 stiff and the 8i came with an Xstiff.

They want to send it back but I’m worried it would take 2 months for them to have a shaft and send back. Might just order a single shaft myself.

these are nice but not sure they will kick the T100s (2021) or Callaway TCBs out of the bag/back up bag. I think they are as forgiving as the T100s which are sneaky good with forgiveness.

Just to be fair, TCBs are considerably less forgiving than T100 and i59's IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m_w said:

Just to be fair, TCBs are considerably less forgiving than T100 and i59's IMO

Yes, no contention to that point. The forgiveness of the T100 is way more than you would think based on form factor.

20 minutes ago, Viper4225 said:

What's more forgiving t100 or i59?

So far, the i59 probably edge out the T100, but it's so close I'd put it at a draw at the moment.

• Like 1

T200 4 Iron • Hzrdus 6.0

1 hour ago, Kitchen said:

Yes, no contention to that point. The forgiveness of the T100 is way more than you would think based on form factor.

So far, the i59 probably edge out the T100, but it's so close I'd put it at a draw at the moment.

+1 to everything said here. T100, i59 very close, I'd say the i59's take it on low-strikes vs. the T100. I preferred the turf interaction of the T100's a little more.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, m_w said:

+1 to everything said here. T100, i59 very close, I'd say the i59's take it on low-strikes vs. the T100. I preferred the turf interaction of the T100's a little more.

Why do you prefer the turf interaction on the t100. Does the ping get stuck more or bounce thru? I am trying to decide between these two irons 

12 minutes ago, south side slugger said:

Why do you prefer the turf interaction on the t100. Does the ping get stuck more or bounce thru? I am trying to decide between these two irons 

The T100 is great through the turf. The i59 I haven't personally had enough time with it to comment. Probably over the next week I'll have a few rounds in with them. My set is power spec so the bound will be slightly less than stock.

• Like 2

T200 4 Iron • Hzrdus 6.0

21 minutes ago, south side slugger said:

I'm relatively shallow (-2.5 - -3.5 AoA) and I've always gotten along with the T100 sole design very well. The 2021 model is no different. I tried the normal spec i59's first and for me the bounce was borderline for my swing. If you are steep, they are great. I ended up with a set of i59's in PowerSpec which reduces bounce and they've been pretty close to the T100. If i had to choose a sole, i'd still be that of the T100.

Edited by m_w
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, m_w said:

I'm relatively shallow (-2.5 - -3.5 AoA) and I've always gotten along with the T100 sole design very well. The 2021 model is no different. I tried the normal spec i59's first and for me the bounce was borderline for my swing. If you are steep, they are great. I ended up with a set of i59's in PowerSpec which reduces bounce and they've been pretty close to the T100. If i had to choose a sole, i'd still be that of the T100.

Interesting!

I didn’t realize/know that the power spec will have a reduced bounce. Would that be true if the t100 and t100s also? 

2 minutes ago, south side slugger said:

Interesting!

I didn’t realize/know that the power spec will have a reduced bounce. Would that be true if the t100 and t100s also? 

Most irons are bent to produce stronger lofts. The T100s was actually designed around stronger lofts which is pretty cool, so they will maintain the bounce they were designed with. 

As you bend an iron strong, it decreases bounce by a 1 to 1 ration. 2 degrees strong on the i59 means 2 degrees less bounce. Vice Versa when bending weak (adds bounce)

• Like 2

T200 4 Iron • Hzrdus 6.0

47 minutes ago, m_w said:

How different does the power spec play compared to the regular spec besides bounce. Is the launch/peak height much different or the spin? 

On 10/25/2021 at 1:09 PM, PingMan31 said:

I now have two rounds on my I59 irons (4-P) and moved from I210. I’m a mid handicap and I’m find them just as forgiving as the I210 irons. Distances are very similar to my I210 which I like. I’m enjoying the ball fight of these more and probably has more to do with the shaft than club. I am also finding my dispersion is more consistent so far (only 1 round lot to go)

My playing partner was surprised how quickly I adjusted to them only having hit them at the range once. 

lastly I will note to my eyes they are a lot more pleasing at address. For me these check all the boxes I was looking for. 

PingMan and PingGuy... and both are lefties.  Do I know you?

image.png.48d36f5164a241d3d2977f67d1007985.png

Btw, love the new sticks you have.

Edited by PingGuy123

2 hours ago, Kitchen said:

Most irons are bent to produce stronger lofts. The T100s was actually designed around stronger lofts which is pretty cool, so they will maintain the bounce they were designed with. 

As you bend an iron strong, it decreases bounce by a 1 to 1 ration. 2 degrees strong on the i59 means 2 degrees less bounce. Vice Versa when bending weak (adds bounce)

Titleist doesn't list bounce for the T100 irons so it's not clear to me whether they make 2 different heads or whether the have 1 head/loft and bend.

That aside I don't quite understand what you mean by "The T100s was actually designed around stronger lofts which is pretty cool, so they will maintain the bounce they were designed with"

Ping does list bounce specs but although they list the different lofts between T100 and T100s they don't list a different bounce.

Couldn't they be producing different heads with the different lofts BUT the same bounce ? i.e. NOT bending the default(?) weaker lofts 2* strong.

Titleist Pro V1X

15 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Titleist doesn't list bounce for the T100 irons so it's not clear to me whether they make 2 different heads or whether the have 1 head/loft and bend.

That aside I don't quite understand what you mean by "The T100s was actually designed around stronger lofts which is pretty cool, so they will maintain the bounce they were designed with"

Ping does list bounce specs but although they list the different lofts between T100 and T100s they don't list a different bounce.

Couldn't they be producing different heads with the different lofts BUT the same bounce ? i.e. NOT bending the default(?) weaker lofts 2* strong.

What he's saying is that the T100S isn't a T100 bend strong but a modification to the actual body and construction - so your last comment is correct, its stronger lofted with the same bounce as the T100 (non-S)

• Like 1

Interesting reviews here, especially compared the the reviews of the YouTube crowd. Ian Fraser seemed to think the i59 lost a ton of ball speed on mishits and Shiels even stated he wanted to move into the i59 but couldn’t justify the performance. 

Of course, the consumer will always want to like something they’ve spent $2,000 on, but the feedback here has been near unanimously good while YT was underwhelming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mookieb10 said:

Interesting reviews here, especially compared the the reviews of the YouTube crowd. Ian Fraser seemed to think the i59 lost a ton of ball speed on mishits and Shiels even stated he wanted to move into the i59 but couldn’t justify the performance. 

Of course, the consumer will always want to like something they’ve spent $2,000 on, but the feedback here has been near unanimously good while YT was underwhelming. 

Crossfield liked them pretty good.

I like Shiels but the i59 video was dumb. I don’t know what he was expecting from them.

34 minutes ago, Foreleft said:

Sounds like confirmation bias.

$1750 will do that. 

Sounds like someone commenting who has no experience with the clubs on the course.

I’ll tell you all right now, these are not $300-500 better than the other premium offerings from other companies. Period.

if you’re considering these, price probably isn’t much of a factor. My comments are based off of head to head comparison. I’m not bias. I buy iron sets regularly. I also sell them regularly with no personal connection to them. 

If these don’t do well they will be sold and they will likely sell for what I bought them for.

I’ll try to keep the updates coming. Playing a round with them again Tuesday morning.

• Like 3

T200 4 Iron • Hzrdus 6.0

3 minutes ago, hoselshot82 said:

I play 3.5 upright and wondering I shouldn’t just order the black dot that appears to be in stock and just bend them myself

I had to have mine bent from green to blue (my mistake ordering) and my buddy said they were fairly soft and easy to bend

T200 4 Iron • Hzrdus 6.0

15 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

For those wondering 

These are the best fit for i59

20211030_155949.jpghttps://www.golfworks.com/ping-universal-355-iron-ferrule/p/bb9108/

Well, yes and no.  The problem with .355 ferrules is that some shafts are .370 at the top of the hosel.  To get a .355 ferrule to fit you need to pound the shaft to the max insertion depth.  Often the .355 ferrule will split and then you need to start all over again.  

As a matter of practice all my .355 ferrules are reamed to .370