Ping i59

johngalt312

Looks like Louis threw a i59 3i in for RSM.   Love a good 3i.  

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

On 11/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, Sstonejr said:

Curious if anyone has ordered these within the last week and what they were told for delivery dates? I was told 4-8 weeks, verifying if that is consistent with others experience. 

On 11/14/2021 at 4:24 PM, 1puttguy said:

Ordered a set this past week. Was also told 4-8 weeks. 

Update to this - my irons showed up yesterday.  Substantially quicker than the 4-8 week window.  One the one hand, well done to Ping.  On the other, courses around here are now closed until at least mid-March so while it's convenient for me that they are obviously prioritizing i59 orders, I do feel bad that there are such large delays on others' G425 and i210 orders.

Edited by 1puttguy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 1puttguy said:

Update to this - my irons showed up yesterday.  Substantially quicker than the 4-8 week window.  One the one hand, well done to Ping.  On the other, courses around here are now closed until at least mid-March so while it's convenient for me that they are obviously prioritizing i59 orders, I do feel bad that there are such large delays on others' G425 and i210 orders.

I have taken two weeks off here in Scotland and now it seems the weather is turning cold! ouch, I have not checked to see if my i59 3 iron has arrived with my pro.

glad you got your clubs quick, do you range much in the winter then?

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

On 11/11/2021 at 12:33 PM, braincramp52 said:

Guess I don't. Sorry I hurt your feelings. 

Not a tour player, lol, but hit the Honma TW-X, HMB, and i59 on Trackman with my instructor collecting the data- the i59 were the most consistent, HMB were next.

Won a set of MP-22, need to find out if they will mix it up in 225, 223.

But the i59 are a ponder that can wait until next year.

Edited by SwingMan
  • Like 4

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

18 hours ago, scott_Donald said:

I have taken two weeks off here in Scotland and now it seems the weather is turning cold! ouch, I have not checked to see if my i59 3 iron has arrived with my pro.

glad you got your clubs quick, do you range much in the winter then?

Nah, not really. We have some simulator facilities with GC Hawk/Trackman around that I could hit balls at, and might use once or twice come February or thereabouts. Some of the ranges are open as long as there's no snow on the ground, but I'm no masochist. 

• Like 1

Just a short "warning" for anyone who has ordered (and not taken receipt) or will soon order the i59's from PING whom aren't interested in the Arccos grips...my set came in recently and I immediately noticed that I forgot to specify a grip on the order. Without doing so, PING delivered the $1,600.00 set of irons with Arrcos grips which I guess they do by default. I thought "no worries" as I have grips at home and can easily change them out. When I went to change out the grips a couple of days ago to the GP MCC which I prefer, I noticed to my amazement that PING decided to include the Arccos sensors in the grips as part of the overall length of the club. This means with a standard grip like the GP MCC installed on the irons it would leave each iron short by nearly a 1/2" and of course light by at least two points on swing weight. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they would do this? If you are not using or intending to use the Arccos system, who wants to be locked into spending $270.00 with every grip replacement?

If you order the irons from PING (I love the i59's by the way) and if the Arccos grips are all that is available from PING, I would advise you to include instructions as to not include the sensors as part of the overall length of each iron. I hope this helps someone. Being as angry as I was a couple of days ago in my garage isn't healthy!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, titleistmade said:I noticed to my amazement that PING decided to include the Arccos sensors in the grips as part of the overall length of the club. This means with a standard grip like the GP MCC installed on the irons it would leave each iron short by nearly a 1/2" and of course light by at least two points on swing weight.

They did this same thing to a buddie’s G425 he ordered with a Ventus Velo black. They must be getting some kind of kickback from Arccos, because it is plain idiotic. He was able to get them to send a fresh shaft out, was extremely forceful over the phone with them because they initially resisted. Make a push to get them to fix it. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:40 AM, SwingMan said:

Not a tour player, lol, but hit the Honma TW-X, HMB, and i59 on Trackman with my instructor collecting the data- the i59 were the most consistent, HMB were next.

Won a set of MP-22, need to find out if they will mix it up in 225, 223.

But the i59 are a ponder that can wait until next year.

really curious your thoughts on the i59 vs the mp22 series, size, feel, forgiveness, etc.

Thanks

• Like 1

The raw shafts in the clubs are actually 1/4" shorter due to the Arcoss grips. If you install a golf pride with the new cap (not something like the original Tour Velvet) the clubs will actually measure 1/8" short of Ping standard. I have been down this road myself. I called Ping about it and suggested they make note of this and it should be part of training for every fitter. No excuses here at all but I will say depending on which brand you compare the clubs to, they may be shorter or the same length due to the way each measures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, kerila07 said:

Arccos grips have been the standard grip on Ping products for over a year.  Your fitter should have made you aware of this during the ordering process.

He was fit at the Ping facility in Scottsdale, the Ping fitter made no mention of the raw shaft being cut 1/2” shorter to accommodate the sensor grip. I realize the Ping employees don’t get paid much, nor really care about a fitting for a regular guy. The point is, those sensor grips shouldn’t come standard if regripping with a normal grip makes the clubs play 1/2” shorter. 

3 hours ago, DIIV said:

He was fit at the Ping facility in Scottsdale, the Ping fitter made no mention of the raw shaft being cut 1/2” shorter to accommodate the sensor grip. I realize the Ping employees don’t get paid much, nor really care about a fitting for a regular guy. The point is, those sensor grips shouldn’t come standard if regripping with a normal grip makes the clubs play 1/2” shorter. 

But it says right on the site that those are standard...

I hate them too, but it's not hard to drop a cap in there and add a 1/4". Maybe the regrip guy should have known that?

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

13 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

But it says right on the site that those are standard...

Strange, I’m not seeing where it says that they cut the shafts 1/2” short of standard to accommodate the sensor grip. 

If you’re paying $350 upcharge for a shaft, you don’t really want to throw an extension in it. Extensions counterbalance the shaft, altering the balance and integrity of the shaft. 

Not to mention, anyone who buys a set of i59s off the rack will have their clubs play 1/2” shorter if they regrip them.

Edited by DIIV

9 minutes ago, DIIV said:

Strange, I’m not seeing where it says that they cut the shafts 1/2” short of standard to accommodate the sensor grip. 

If you’re paying $350 upcharge for a shaft, you don’t really want to throw an extension in it. Extensions counterbalance the shaft, altering the balance and integrity of the shaft. 

Not to mention, anyone who buys a set of i59s off the rack will have their clubs play 1/2” shorter if they regrip them.

Most Ping guys know the serial number is key. I ALWAYS call Ping to check on the specs before purchasing 

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

11 minutes ago, DIIV said:

They won't be short if regripped with Arccos grips.  I'm pretty sure Cobra does the same thing, just have to make sure consumer is aware when purchasing.

6 minutes ago, kerila07 said:

They won't be short if regripped with Arccos grips.  I'm pretty sure Cobra does the same thing, just have to make sure consumer is aware when purchasing.

Cobra shows it on their specs page for each iron, like on the MIMs below:

image.png.0c2d50d0be420617845c24755fb6a7b6.png

• Like 1

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

16 hours ago, DIIV said:

Extensions counterbalance the shaft, altering the balance and integrity of the shaft. 

Ugh!  Gotta disagree with you there.  An extension rarely adds more than a gram or two to the total weight of the shaft at the adjusted length.  i.e. Take two shafts.  Cut one to 36" and add 1/2" extension.  Cut the other to 36 1/2".  Both will be within a couple grams of each other.

Compromise the integrity of the shaft????  Nope!!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, denkea said:

Ugh!  Gotta disagree with you there.  An extension rarely adds more than a gram or two to the total weight of the shaft at the adjusted length.  i.e. Take two shafts.  Cut one to 36" and add 1/2" extension.  Cut the other to 36 1/2".  Both will be within a couple grams of each other.

Compromise the integrity of the shaft????  Nope!!!!

Two grams extra you say… so you’re admitting the weight changed.

Edited by DIIV

1 hour ago, DIIV said:

Two grams extra you say… so you’re admitting the weight changed. Thanks for taking the time to prove my point. 

Just to be fair...you said counterbalance the shaft and alter the integrity of the shaft not make the shaft heavier. Not true really. 2 grams in shaft weight make a 1/6 sw difference and no counterbalance effect. Integrity is the same. No skin in the game, just going by what you said

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shakespeare said:

Just to be fair...you said counterbalance the shaft and alter the integrity of the shaft not make the shaft heavier. Not true really. 2 grams in shaft weight make a 1/6 sw difference and no counterbalance effect. Integrity is the same. No skin in the game, just going by what you said

The balance point of a non-CB shaft is towards the tip———>add 2g to the butt end countering the natural balance point———-> the shaft has been counterbalanced by 2g.

Edited by DIIV

15 minutes ago, DIIV said:

Feel like I’m being trolled. The balance point of a non-CB shaft is towards the tip———>add 2g to the butt end countering the natural balance point———-> the shaft has been counterbalanced by 2g.

Just because you’re being told you’re not accurate doesn’t been anyone’s trolling you. Depending on the grip you’re changing to vs the Arcoss , it’s safe to say that the difference will be +/- more than 2g you’re referring to in just changing grips. Arcoss MCC 50g - GP Tour velvet 52.5. Would you say changing these two grips would counter balance a golf club? It would not. You’re not moving a swingweight point. Making your point moot in just adding 2g in an extension. Probably time to move on.  

Edited by golffeen007
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DIIV said:

Re-read his comment I replied to. We weren’t talking about Arccos weight, he was saying if you have two identical putters, cut one down and add an extension, the one with the extension will be 2g heavier in the butt end than the unaltered one. 

My whole original point was that Ping needs to make the Arccos custom only, not standard. Because of situation a simple grip change causes in your comment. 

I’m sure their custom service line will be open tomorrow ,normal business hours , for you to voice your concerns. 
I ordered my i59’s with no Arcoss because I knew they were standard. We’re taking 1/8” here , but if you order from any manufacture , you can request any length you want. 

FWIW, I have a set in BST if anyone is interested. Not sure if this is against the rules so sorry and delete if it is. Just trying to help some fellow wrxers out

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D