The MIM I completely disagree with you on. The wedges are so soft it is not even funny, a set of irons with that soft feel is high on my radar, I am currently swinging the King Forged Tour, and while they are soft if these are as soft as the wedges are there will be a ton of people that will really like them.

• Driver - Ping G410 LST on HZRDOUS Yellow
  • 4 Wood - Titleist TS2 turned down 1 on UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Callaway Epic Flash turned down 1 on UST Mamiya Black
  • Hybrid - ************* Member Tester TE Exotics Pro 17* on Tensei AV silver ****************
  • Others - SUB70 699 Pro Utility 4 on UST Recoil 110 and Ping G410 4 iron on Recoil 110 - Testing
  • Irons - Sub 70 639CB and 699 pro testing
  • Irons - Ping i210 testing
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50 and 56 CBX2 and RTX4 @ 62 on UST Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66
  • Ball - Srixon Z Star XV
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a bit lengthy as I have never been as excited over a set of irons before like I am with the new Cobra Tour Mim irons.    I did get some range time in as I don't want to get out and p

I heard this week that they were pushed to late 2020. This is admittedly second hand knowledge, so take it FWIW with the appropriate salt grains.

I’ll be waiting for the black finish

Semi related to the most recent posts on this thread: the new-for-2020 MIM Wedges (available in black finish + multiple grind options) have a an active product page on Amazon, despite showing "Currently Out of Stock", yet the King Tour Irons have not made it to Amazon yet. There are a few of the black wedges available on ebay, but I'm nervous to pull the trigger in case they're inauthentic. I'm at the edge of my seat to try both, and am very curious as to when both the new wedges and irons will debut after the corona delay. Anyone heard anything specific about a new release date for the new wedges and irons?

• Like 1

**Cobra** King F9 Avalanche/Black 9* - HZRDOUS 70 6.0 **Ping** G400 Stretch 13* - Ping Tour 75 Stiff **Mizuno** CLK Hybrid 16* - Fujikura Speeder HB Stiff **Mizuno** MP-67 (3-pw) - True Temper X100 **Edel** Driver Custom 52*&56* Wedges - KBS Tour Wedge Flex **Odyssey** White Damascus iX #9HT 35" Putter **Bridgestone* Tour B-XS "Tiger" (marked with the blood of my enemies -- to the right of the number)

Are these going to be released this year? I heard May, but I’m wondering if there going to just hold off until next year or just scrap them?

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

the black MIM wedges and the Forged Tec utility are releasing 6/12...not sure about the irons yet

• Like 2

PXG Proto 0811x 9*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx or TM SIM Max 9* ... KBS TD 60 cat4

TM SIM 15* ... KBS TD 70 cat4

TM SIM DHY 18* ...KBS Prototype 95x

TM SIM Rescue 22* ... Diamana Thump 105x
Srixon Z Forged 5 - P ... Project X PXI 115 6.5

Vokey SM8 raw black 51, 55, 59

LowTide Custom Fin putter

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on the irons yet?

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I heard this week that they were pushed to late 2020. This is admittedly second hand knowledge, so take it FWIW with the appropriate salt grains.

• Like 2

Driver:  Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairway: Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ Atmos Black 7X 

Hybrid: 818H2 19* w/ Tensei White 90  

Irons: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Nickthurgood said:

Any new updates on this release? Many other OEM’s are seemingly releasing things like crazy. Sad these took such a hit! Looking to upgrade my Cobra AMP Forged irons. 

I know man. Considering these in a one length. Weird that they hit the hot list and still got pushed this far. 

Titleist TS3 Driver 9.5* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TS3 Fairway 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5 KBS Tour C-Taper X
Mizuno MP 18 SC 6-9 KBS Tour C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw 46*, 51*, 56* & 61* KBS Tour C-Taper X
SeeMore Nashville z3c Black Mallet
Bridgestone Tour B XS

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Mookieb10 said:

Up for preorder now. 10/30 delivery. 

https://www.cobragolf.com/king-mim-tour-irons

They look super nice at address. Cosmetically, they remind me of the 714 AP2's.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (-)
(fw tbd)
PING i25 22°, 26°
Callaway XHP 6-AW
PING Glide Forged 54°, 58°
PING TR B60, 35"
Srixon Z-Star Yellow

Well, I just posted in the driver thread begging for info and it looks like I got my wish.... sort of. I was hoping for a new single-length players iron. This appears to be a standard iron length set. Sad days 😞

SIM 10.5* playing @ 8.5* | Accra TZ5 65 M5 💣
TS2 15* | Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75 X 🔥

3i: P770 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Ping Blueprint Red Dot Power Spec | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💵
50: Cleveland RTX4 | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 🎯
54&60: Ping Glide Forged | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💦
Putter: Spider X Navy 34" 🧊

7 minutes ago, Konklifer said:

They look super nice at address. Cosmetically, they remind me of the 714 AP2's.

Im really interested in the MIM. A poster above seemed to say they were so so soft in the wedges. The problem is that I buy these clubs then I don’t want to sell then even though I can’t possibly use all the clubs I have. Maybe I’ll just wait to pick up a set on the bst forums. 

13 minutes ago, th6252 said:

i haven't really been paying attention to what kinds of hosels most irons in the players to players distance irons come in, but i thought it was interesting these in parallel tip.

BINGO! I thought the same thing, taper tip is the norm. Shimming Tour issue X100 into something like this on a large scale may not be the best........ 

Shiels already has a review of them:

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

A slightly different opinion on feel:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lobber said:

Watched the review.  Feel is subjective and also sometimes biased by the tester's current irons they are gaming.  Interesting concept from Cobra

True, and the ball can play a significant role in the feel as well.  Because I prefer a softer feel off the putter, it usually translates to a softer feel off the irons.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brent said:

Shiels is an idiot. Also saw his Titleist review saying he wanted more.  Ok dude. I'm not a Titleist fan but their new drivers are extremely good.  

I can't help but wonder if he's not being a little bias against them (who knows what his motivations are). Maybe he's talking straight but he seems to be in the minority. He shouldn't be "pushing" them but should encourage people to "test them if they're interested in xyz", etc.  Didn't like his tough take at the end on them being "good." He's full of it! 

3 minutes ago, Nickthurgood said:

I can't help but wonder if he's not being a little bias against them (who knows what his motivations are). Maybe he's talking straight but he seems to be in the minority. He shouldn't be "pushing" them but should encourage people to "test them if they're interested in xyz", etc.  Didn't like his tough take at the end on them being "good." He's full of it! 

I'm not sure if I would say he's being biased. I just don't like how he weighted his personal feel over the performance of the club. It sounds like the club performs exactly like anyone buying that type of club would want. That said, he's hit way more irons than most so he may be able to speak to what a better player is going to like than some of us.