G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

I currently play the 2016 Forged Tecs with Recoil F3 shafts - love them and think they can hang with the best of them. However, after some lessons and gym work, I'm thinking up getting a new set of irons with stiffer shafts (sticking to graphite and really like the Recoils so was thinking the F4's). I'm torn between these new King Tours or the current Forged Tecs. I play 4-PW and am not overly fond of hybrids. Any opinions?

Cobra Aerojet LS Driver/3 Wood Kai'li Blue/White S

Cobra Aerojet 5W at 19.5 deg - Kai'li Blue S

Srizon ZX 4 iron - Recoil 95 F4

Cobra MIM Tour 5-PW - Recoil 95 F4

Cleveland 50 RTX 6 Zipcore, Callaway Jaws 56

Cleveland 60 CBX Zipcore

Odyssey WhiteHot OG Double Wide/Cleveland Frontline 8

1 hour ago, vtpachyderm said:

I currently play the 2016 Forged Tecs with Recoil F3 shafts - love them and think they can hang with the best of them. However, after some lessons and gym work, I'm thinking up getting a new set of irons with stiffer shafts (sticking to graphite and really like the Recoils so was thinking the F4's). I'm torn between these new King Tours or the current Forged Tecs. I play 4-PW and am not overly fond of hybrids. Any opinions?

A combo set would be great.  

I was thinking of a Cobra set this year, but combo-ing the new Forged Tec to the CB Forged seemed like a big big step... would be like P7MC to P790.  These are supposed to be more forgiving then the CB Forged, but still look great.  You could choose where you split the combo at depending on your own skill - maybe after 6, or 7 or 8

You could also keep the upper end of your current Forged Tecs, get them re-shafted, and then add in the lower irons of the Tours

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Goldhawk said:

A combo set would be great.  

I was thinking of a Cobra set this year, but combo-ing the new Forged Tec to the CB Forged seemed like a big big step... would be like P7MC to P790.  These are supposed to be more forgiving then the CB Forged, but still look great.  You could choose where you split the combo at depending on your own skill - maybe after 6, or 7 or 8

You could also keep the upper end of your current Forged Tecs, get them re-shafted, and then add in the lower irons of the Tours

Thanks for the reply.  I looked into re-shafting, but here in Norway, it's not that much of a difference than ordering a new set (after labor etc etc. are taken into consideration). Combo sounds like the perfect solution, but I don't know when or even if I can get a fitting session where I'm at...will have to investigate. But I'm tempted to take the plunge on a 4-PW with F4's, and fill the my current 4 gap with the King Utility. Since travel this christmas is out of the question, was thinking of putting the holiday travel budget to treat myself to a new set of clubs. The alternative before seeing these new King MIM Tours were the T100s (lofts are a perfect match with my current set).

Cobra Aerojet LS Driver/3 Wood Kai'li Blue/White S

Cobra Aerojet 5W at 19.5 deg - Kai'li Blue S

Srizon ZX 4 iron - Recoil 95 F4

Cobra MIM Tour 5-PW - Recoil 95 F4

Cleveland 50 RTX 6 Zipcore, Callaway Jaws 56

Cleveland 60 CBX Zipcore

Odyssey WhiteHot OG Double Wide/Cleveland Frontline 8

On 10/20/2020 at 3:47 PM, willie78 said:

Not going to lie super disappointed their not coming out with one length in these beauties.....

Love Cobra.  I am not going anywhere.  Best clubs I have ever played.  But, I have to agree with you.  I have the Forged Tec Black One Length and I have played them for a couple years.  I am looking to get a new set and the MIM really caught my interest.  But, alas they won’t be available in the One Length.  No complaint.  I understand the reality of retail.  It is just that I am playing about as good as I have ever played right now and I don’t want to adjust back to variable length.  I guess it will be the new Forged Tec model for me.  Unless, any word on anything else in the line of new releases later in the year for One Length users?  Maybe somebody knows something?  

Cobra is such and under-rated OEM company as times have changed for them. OK Cobra has push really hard with their Drivers as they have came out on top of the food chain as now with these new MIM irons these are on the top. I should have my custom set in 2 weeks or less. I looked at the T100s, the new Callaway Apex CB as Im not going with any irons with bolts on the back of the face on them. Many people feel this way as PXG did themselves a big favor by coming out with the 0211's but not interested in them. I have the G710 very nice, having trouble with the way they feel and sound plus the offset well.....came from the P790's before as they were nice but there was a gap issue with them at times not consistent enough. Looked at the P770's came close to pulling the trigger but more negative reviews than positive then I was about to get a set of the Mizuno 921's with forged or Hot Metal as I had the MP 64 years ago as I could to get over how nice they felt. Just not as forgiving in the longer irons for me.  I'm glad I made my choice with the new KING TOUR irons. Yes they are pretty shinny but to me this is the best looking CB irons I've ever seen, little busy but not overkill. The feel of these iron with this new MIM technology is something that will be talked about now for the future as they are some of the softest irons to date also nobody does it much better when it comes to little offset than Cobra. Plus they have a nice discount for veterans. Looking forward to receiving these irons but the only change I will get to use them will be the heated driving ranges. Sad but it's going to be hard for all the other companies to match what the KING TOUR has going for them.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 10/20/2020 at 6:47 PM, willie78 said:

Not going to lie super disappointed their not coming out with one length in these beauties.....

Same here man, same here... 😞

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

On 10/20/2020 at 2:55 PM, Wardonation said:

these are P7mc is the question

I think the King Tour and TaylorMade P7MC would play in the same arena. Both have a little longer blade length and are very workable. I have hit both and the King Tour flew a little higher and with a little more spin. But you can flight the ball with either set. The Cobra might feel a touch softer on solid shots, but is a touch more harsh when you miss it low on the face.

• Like 1

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Just now, knudson81 said:

I think the King Tour and TaylorMade P7MC would play in the same arena. Both have a little longer blade length and are very workable. I have hit both and the King Tour flew a little higher and with a little more spin. But you can flight the ball with either set. The Cobra might feel a touch softer on solid shots, but is a touch more harsh when you miss it low on the face.

Could the differences in trajectory and spin been primarily due to differences in lofts between the two? I will admit, I haven't looked up the P7MC lofts but I know the King Tour are more traditionally lofted.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

4 minutes ago, JakeW13 said:

Could the differences in trajectory and spin been primarily due to differences in lofts between the two? I will admit, I haven't looked up the P7MC lofts but I know the King Tour are more traditionally lofted.

The P7MC are weaker lofts after the 5i, so I don't think that was the case for me. 

• Like 1

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

On 10/29/2020 at 10:54 AM, JakeW13 said:

I found the Cobra CB/MB irons to be higher launch and higher spin vs comparable irons from other companies. Could be the same for the Cobra King Tour. May be related to CG, groove design, etc. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

I just hit these a few hours ago at an outdoor vendor day thing. They look very nice and perform well. They are very thin-soled and the offset is nil. 

They arent for me, and they arent very forgiving - but im sure many better players will like them. I got along much better with last years Forged Tec

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I hit these tonight and wasn’t a fan. They look great but there was something I just didn’t like..I did not hit them well at all.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

11 hours ago, cw1209 said:

I found the Cobra CB/MB irons to be higher launch and higher spin vs comparable irons from other companies. Could be the same for the Cobra King Tour. May be related to CG, groove design, etc. 

You’re not wrong but you’re not right. Having the tungsten weights so low on the club head definitely promotes a smidge more ball “rolling” up the face giving a higher launch and spin. That being said, you can even that out with a different shaft, ball, shaft length / dimensions, but ultimately, you can mess with that through your own self and change in your setup, grip, stance, ball placement, etc. In my mind, the Cobra MB (current gen) is still the best MB on the market for forgiveness, looks, feel and workability. It’s scary, what you can do with that iron. The MIm tours, I expect a bit (tiny) larger and bigger. I wish they brought them out in black though as we all know that is coming and would have been preferred up front versus the chrome

18 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I just hit these a few hours ago at an outdoor vendor day thing. They look very nice and perform well. They are very thin-soled and the offset is nil. 

They arent for me, and they arent very forgiving - but im sure many better players will like them. I got along much better with last years Forged Tec

• Thanks 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

3 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

If your set now is the Forged Tee then you probably just need more time with the MIM as they are pretty forgiving in fact all clubs now are very forgiving when you hit the sweet spot as the sound and feel is superb compared to anything else out there. It's those misses that you will find other clubs a bit more forgiving as these are not SGI irons. More forgiving than my P790's and I thought they were very forgiving for being a players distance set

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

I've never hit the forged tec as I 've heard that these are some very nice clubs, I can't believe I let them slip under the radar as I might have got those instead of my P790 3 years ago

Wonder how much different these are from Forged Tour/Fly Z+/Amp Forged. Always felt that line was the perfect blend of size/looks/forgiveness/performance. 

• Like 1

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

There is be many who are turned off and say the back of the club is too busy. I was always someone who really didn't care for all the flashy colors, bars. rails, badges, screws etc etc...Now with these it's as if everything is put in the right place as they have an AP2 look to them as black and silver in these irons look amazing. Really excited as my set should be here this week. 

On 11/1/2020 at 8:09 AM, casey_0507 said:

Wonder how much different these are from Forged Tour/Fly Z+/Amp Forged. Always felt that line was the perfect blend of size/looks/forgiveness/performance. 

I like your observation! I’m still hitting the AMP Forged. I love their size, shape, and forgiveness too. Forged and thin top line while still being slightly larger and more forgiving than most in that category. Hoping the MIM line built upon that. The Tour Trusty wedge is similar too—almost 1/4” longer and taller than most similar wedges but still has the amazing forged look and thin profile.  

Edited by Nickthurgood

On 10/30/2020 at 7:40 PM, QuigleyDU said:

I hit these tonight and wasn’t a fan. They look great but there was something I just didn’t like..I did not hit them well at all.

I had assumed these would be slightly larger and more forgiving, and maybe a bit softer feeling if the marketing is to be believed, than the King Forged CB. Bummer to see this feedback from someone who games the CBs.

• Like 1

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

10 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

I had assumed these would be slightly larger and more forgiving, and maybe a bit softer feeling if the marketing is to be believed, than the King Forged CB. Bummer to see this feedback from someone who games the CBs.

That is nothing against the irons. May just be a bad fit or even a bad swing day.. I think these are going to be a popular iron. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Curious how these will be for bending loft and lie?  Reason I’m wondering is the MIM process.  I have 2 cobra black MIM wedges and they were the hardest club I have ever tried to bend.  I had real concerns of them just snapping.  

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I would be afraid to try to bend anything that had already been delivered to me as that would void the warranty. If your a professional fitter no that might be a different story. 

This is a bit lengthy as I have never been as excited over a set of irons before like I am with the new Cobra Tour Mim irons. 

I did get some range time in as I don't want to get out and play till I get more familiar with them as these are different from what I was playing. 

I purchased the 4-PW with UST Recoil F3 shafts 1* flat 1* strong and black/aligned GP grips.

I'm not much for working the ball as I can occasionally pull off a little draw or fade when needed usually with the help of the wind...Lol

Every single iron I hit it was so much better than I expected although hitting off the mat there were a few thin shots but how could the ball not lose any accuracy or distance as I had 170 yds with my 6 iron and my thin shots ended up close to the pin. The only distance loss I notice was hitting closer to the toe which felt harsh but not as bad as many other brands that I have had

Nothing ballooned on me as even my 4 iron was as easy to hit as my 7 or 8 iron. Very nice mid and penetrating flight. sound is pleasing and the feel is as good as I can remember when I used to play Mizuno's. Now they are shinny but beautiful to look at especially when addressing the ball. Top line thin as the sole is just right as the turf interaction will be important as I'm so done with the shovel look alike irons as the offset on these Cobra Tours are very minimal and these clubs will give you the confidence that is needed when that pin is tucked in the corner and the green is surround by water. 

Before I even finished I kept saying I'm so ready to hit the course right now but with the rain we have had and the leaves all over I just wouldn't enjoy it as much as there is nothing worse than hitting your driver right down the middle 230 yds plus carry and having trouble trying to find your ball because it's plugged. 

Anyhow I tired the Mizuno 921 HMP and the forged then the T100s and TM P770's. I did have the P790's which was a very nice club as the P770's except there were gap issues with the 790's.  I used to play Callaway Apex as I just don't care for the new X Forged CB's as the list goes on as I'm leaving behind the G710's which I'm not a fan of the feel or sound but they are PING's most forgiving and distance clubs ever. I never tried the Blueprints but there is such a delay when ordering from PING due to Covid-19. My Cobra arrived within a week as that was a very pleasant surprise as Santa came early. I know these irons were supposed to release earlier this year but has held back so they had a good supply ready to ship. 1st time cobra iron player as I'm surprised I haven't done so earlier as their drivers are some of the best out there. 

Nothing else to say as I have been so excited about these irons as you can tell for I have been flooding this topic and it's time to allow everyone else little time so whoever hasn't tried these irons really should before making their next purchase. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1