New Tiger Woods Launch Monitor

9 hours ago, dam276 said:

2. The face/path measurements appear pretty close if not dead-on. Not sure the precise level of accuracy, but it’s a big reason I picked the FSK > GC3 and I’m glad I did. Helped me tidy up what was an overly right path that I thought was an open clubface in 4-5 swings.

thanks for your continous feedback here, really helpful! can you please elaborate on why not going for GC3 regarding club data? i always considered photometric units naturally better on scanning club face and measuring its perfomance but have own experience only with lower cost monitors like Skytrak, Mevoplus, R10. now im deciding between FSK and GC3 and club data being more important for me Im inclined to go with CG3 as I am kinda hesitant if FSK would provide reliable club data mainly in indoor mode. thanks

2 minutes ago, rowersk said:

thanks for your continous feedback here, really helpful! can you please elaborate on why not going for GC3 regarding club data? i always considered photometric units naturally better on scanning club face and measuring its perfomance but have own experience only with lower cost monitors like Skytrak, Mevoplus, R10. now im deciding between FSK and GC3 and club data being more important for me Im inclined to go with CG3 as I am kinda hesitant if FSK would provide reliable club data mainly in indoor mode. thanks

If you're primarily using it indoors, photometric is the better way to go.

I have a Mevo+ for range work but I'm planning to upgrade later this year to either a GC3 or the EyeXO. May keep the Flightscope if I go overhead because it's great outside but just passable in the 7 months of the year where the courses are closed. Even with 11' of ball flight, the spin numbers are high with driver, 4w and 2i versus outdoor numbers with the same ball. 4i and down is bang on, though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rowersk said:

I think the point is that the GC3 won’t do face to path, just things like angle of attack, as it only uses one dot on the club face rather than the multiple dots on GC Quad. 

How radar units measure face to path is unclear to me at least - it used to be said that Trackman sees the clubhead as a blob on a stick and calculated rather than measured from there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hammersia said:

I think the point is that the GC3 won’t do face to path, just things like angle of attack, as it only uses one dot on the club face rather than the multiple dots on GC Quad. 

How radar units measure face to path is unclear to me at least - it used to be said that Trackman sees the clubhead as a blob on a stick and calculated rather than measured from there. 

Easy enough to infer FTP from the measured swing path, HLA and the resulting curvature - there's even a spreadsheet you can download to do the calculation if you need a numerical value.

Quad is a fantastic machine but the GC3 is a great deal considering it's half the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Easy enough to infer FTP from the measured swing path, HLA and the resulting curvature - there's even a spreadsheet you can download to do the calculation if you need a numerical value.

Quad is a fantastic machine but the GC3 is a great deal considering it's half the price.

As with all radar units without impact location gear effect / off center contact can mess with the face angle calc with woods. Still great to have w the M+PP but something to keep in mind. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

As with all radar units without impact location gear effect / off center contact can mess with the face angle calc with woods. Still great to have w the M+PP but something to keep in mind. 

You're correct that it doesn't take gear effect into account. As with all cost-saving solutions, you have to choose what level of compromise you're satisfied with.

Edited by Bubbtubbs
Typo
  • Like 1

I use mine almost exclusively indoors. I think it reads pretty decent, albeit it seems 10y short. Although I am not sure if the 10y is due to hitting on a mat, or not. Meaning, when I hit on grass I hit a lot more down through the ball. When I take the unit outside the numbers are accurate, distance and shape.

I hit good balls indoors and I think the spin numbers are close enough for my use. I hit low drivers and I don't feel like the driver carry numbers reflect my real distances. 

The convenience factor is huge for me though, my golf swing is as good as ever (since I got old). 50 purposeful swings per day with data, is just awesome for the average golfer.

Saturday afternoon, 3 holes of carry over skins I hit a 172y 8i to 2 feet and won $8.00. 499 more of those and my FSK will be paying for itself!

• Haha 4

On 5/1/2022 at 5:06 PM, rowersk said:

Not sure about indoor mode, I have no experience with it inside.

As others have said, GC3 only measures path not club face. For photometric LMs you typically need sticker(s) on the face which I found annoying. I prefer to be able to drop behind me at the range and go.

Again the UI for me with FSK is the real separator. Built in camera and cloud storage are exactly what I wanted.

Edited by dam276
  • Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

9 hours ago, dam276 said:

Not sure about indoor mode, I have no experience with it inside.

As others have said, GC3 only measures path not club face. For photometric LMs you typically need sticker(s) on the face which I found annoying. I prefer to be able to drop behind me at the range and go.

Again the UI for me with FSK is the real separator. Built in camera and cloud storage are exactly what I wanted.

But you have to remember FSK doesn't measure club face either.  Both devices accurately measure enough data (club path and HLA) to reasonably calculate club face on well hit shots.  Foresight has chosen not to report it because they claim the inaccuracies on miss hits due to gear effect and lie angle is not within their tolerances, but in reality its probably to differentiate between the Quad and GC3

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 7:21 AM, Proline said:

But you have to remember FSK doesn't measure club face either.  Both devices accurately measure enough data (club path and HLA) to reasonably calculate club face on well hit shots.  Foresight has chosen not to report it because they claim the inaccuracies on miss hits due to gear effect and lie angle is not within their tolerances, but in reality its probably to differentiate between the Quad and GC3

Not debating that, simply pointing out that one gives you the metric and the other doesn’t..

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

I wrote above that I thought it was the shape of the range that was causing that but I have noticed that in shots over 200 yards outdoors I get inconsistency in the carry versus total distance. 

I.e. hit a 5 wood that I know went 240 and carried 225, but the machine gave a carry of 195 and a total/club data of 240.  

Will download updates tonight.

I'm getting dangerously close to pulling the trigger on an FSK - for those of you that have them: how accurate are the attack angle and swing path?  Obviously swing speed, ball speed and carry distance are important but attack angle and swing path are two things I check out regularly to see where I'm at with my swing.  

Unless I'm fitting a club I care less about the distance aspect, plus with range balls it's a crap shoot anyways.  

I know I'm not going to get trackman accuracy but it would be nice to have a good tool that gave me some of the same information that Trackman does so I can tabs on my swing regularly.  I have access to a trackman but it's only indoors so when the weather is warm, I prefer to be on a range outside.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

On 5/9/2022 at 9:15 AM, Hokie2k5 said:

I'm getting dangerously close to pulling the trigger on an FSK - for those of you that have them: how accurate are the attack angle and swing path?  Obviously swing speed, ball speed and carry distance are important but attack angle and swing path are two things I check out regularly to see where I'm at with my swing.  

Unless I'm fitting a club I care less about the distance aspect, plus with range balls it's a crap shoot anyways.  

I know I'm not going to get trackman accuracy but it would be nice to have a good tool that gave me some of the same information that Trackman does so I can tabs on my swing regularly.  I have access to a trackman but it's only indoors so when the weather is warm, I prefer to be on a range outside.

I think it’s phenomenal for path, face angle, angle of attack 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this email if anyone wants a discount code. 
Get Your $250 Discount Off The Full Swing KIT with Code GPKSF

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Looking to get a LM to bring with me to the range mostly with some outdoor net hitting.  I live in Louisiana so year round range available to me for the most part.  I am between this and the mevo+, has anyone who has had or tried both leaned one way or the other?  Mevo 25% cheaper.  Would prefer the better LM for full range sessions and that can track long clubs well like driver, hybrid etc.  If you prefer the FSK over the mevo+ is it $1000 better? I do love it has the display on top of the monitor itself and 10 ft isnt that far back to put at my range. 

2 hours ago, BradL13 said:

Looking to get a LM to bring with me to the range mostly with some outdoor net hitting.  I live in Louisiana so year round range available to me for the most part.  I am between this and the mevo+, has anyone who has had or tried both leaned one way or the other?  Mevo 25% cheaper.  Would prefer the better LM for full range sessions and that can track long clubs well like driver, hybrid etc.  If you prefer the FSK over the mevo+ is it $1000 better? I do love it has the display on top of the monitor itself and 10 ft isnt that far back to put at my range. 

How long are your typical range sessions?

Mevo+ has more available parameters with Pro package but only 90m battery life whereas FSK has substantially more. I can't recall if Kit self-levels but that's a handy feature outdoors, especially getting data from inclined lies or out of bunkers.

Also be aware Mevo+ only tracks 100y of flight outdoors and calculates the remainder. Fairly certain Kit is full flight tracking.

Can't imagine turning around to look at the screen but there's something for everybody.

If the smaller profile of both Kit or Mevo+ isn't that big of a concern, I might try to pick up a used X2. ~2K for dual Doppler, full flight tracking and all the club data.

Edit: whoops, had the wrong outdoor tracking distance initially. I might have been thinking of the R10 when 80y came to mind.

Edited by Bubbtubbs

9 minutes ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Mevo+ has more available parameters with Pro package but only 90m battery life whereas FSK has substantially more. I can't recall if Kit self-levels but that's a handy feature outdoors, especially getting data from inclined lies or out of bunkers.

Anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half but I am sure my pops would get some use out of it too so that may be a bit short overall if he were to take it some days as well.  Something I will definitely keep in mind, I saw the FSK has around 4 hours so that's a big difference.

I will look into the X2, haven't seen too much on that one so will dig into that this afternoon.  I imagine it has the same features in regards to sending data to your phone or ipad?  Thank you!! 

1 hour ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Also be aware Mevo+ only tracks 80y of flight outdoors and calculates the remainder. Fairly certain Kit is full flight tracking.

Can't imagine turning around to look at the screen but there's something for everybody.

If the smaller profile of both Kit or Mevo+ isn't that big of a concern, I might try to pick up a used X2. ~2K for dual Doppler, full flight tracking and all the club data.

The FS approved battery pack costs Apprx $70 and will extend life to 5-6 hours. Worth it IMO.

Strange that FSK doesn’t market itself as full flight tracking - at least I’ve never seen it directly stated. Makes me think it may not be. The self leveling feature is nice. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

The FS approved battery pack costs Apprx $70 and will extend life to 5-6 hours. Worth it IMO.

Strange that FSK doesn’t market itself as full flight tracking - at least I’ve never seen it directly stated. Makes me think it may not be. The self leveling feature is nice. 

I agree, the Anker battery pack is tremendously useful.

Just trying to make it clear that there's some things you need to fiddle with a bit with one versus the other. 

FWIW I prefer Flightscope's software interface as well but I'm much more familiar with it so it could just be bias talking.

1 hour ago, BradL13 said:

Anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half but I am sure my pops would get some use out of it too so that may be a bit short overall if he were to take it some days as well.  Something I will definitely keep in mind, I saw the FSK has around 4 hours so that's a big difference.

I will look into the X2, haven't seen too much on that one so will dig into that this afternoon.  I imagine it has the same features in regards to sending data to your phone or ipad?  Thank you!! 

X2 is an older model that used to be the flagship Flightscope product before X2 Elite and X3 replaced it. It has wireless connectivity the same as the newer units, though I think it uses the older VX software instead of FS Golf - could be wrong on that one.

It won't do chipping well or putting at all, so if you want to use it for full simulation then it's a non-starter. For full flight range work, it's a beast.

There's a few other older models you might look at as well, like the Xi+ or Xi Tour which are closer to Mevo+ Pro in capability, though they measure full flight, have better batteries and self-level. They're still more expensive than X2 so unless you really need the extra bells and whistles, fit clubs or are teaching students all day, the Mevo+ is probably a better value for the dollar over those, IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

X2 is an older model that used to be the flagship Flightscope product before X2 Elite and X3 replaced it. It has wireless connectivity the same as the newer units, though I think it uses the older VX software instead of FS Golf - could be wrong on that one.

It won't do chipping well or putting at all, so if you want to use it for full simulation then it's a non-starter. For full flight range work, it's a beast.

There's a few other older models you might look at as well, like the Xi+ or Xi Tour which are closer to Mevo+ Pro in capability, though they measure full flight, have better batteries and self-level. They're still more expensive than X2 so unless you really need the extra bells and whistles, fit clubs or are teaching students all day, the Mevo+ is probably a better value for the dollar over those, IMO.

X2 does use the new FS Golf app. I have been able to use it with the multicam app also.

• Like 1

Vokeys SM9 56,60

6 hours ago, BradL13 said:

I have one for sale in the BST with a Boditrak Mat 

Vokeys SM9 56,60