New Tiger Woods Launch Monitor

2 hours ago, tbrumbeloe13 said:

They're fitting indoors, so it's no surprise they went for cameras. Trackman knew there are limitations indoors and fixed it with the RCT balls. I'd take radar based if I had the choice.

Radar is still making calculations indoors. The only place radar is superior is outdoors, where the entire ball flight can be tracked.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

20 hours ago, A.Princey said:

Radar is still making calculations indoors. The only place radar is superior is outdoors, where the entire ball flight can be tracked.

That's true, camera based is still better for indoors even after Trackman improved. Most time I'm on a launch monitor I'm hitting outside, so for me I'd rather have radar based and sacrifice the indoor data, but I can see the other way too.

16 hours ago, Bubbtubbs said:

Decent review, though I'd have liked to actually see the numbers. Maybe I missed a link in the article?

It's unfortunate that in spite of a vast number of written and youtube launch monitor reviews for various products coming out over the past 12 months, no one does an actual statistical comparison to quantify "accuracy". 

If you check back on that reviewer to where he reviewed the R10 in September, he says it was accurate enough for 99% of golfers.

But in the comments for the FSK review he said the FSK was far more accurate than the R10. With no numbers to back up the claim.

(Incidentally if you check my R10 review posts I've made a start at quantifying accuracy with actual numbers).

I actually have one of these fully loaded coming.  The software has come a long way so I'm anxious to put it through it's paces.  The unit itself is built like a tank which i really like.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I'm just a super engaged spectator right now, but the juxtaposition between this thread and the BLP thread is pretty funny. KIT seems to just work (albeit has taken some time to get better), while 50% of the BLP thread is talking about a bunch of expensive upgrades Bushnell/Foresight push you towards. I understand that KIT and BLP are not perfect subs, especially for those looking for indoor simulation usage, but reading between the lines the KIT still seems like a better launch monitor.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 7:03 AM, IC3BURGH said:

I'm just a super engaged spectator right now, but the juxtaposition between this thread and the BLP thread is pretty funny. KIT seems to just work (albeit has taken some time to get better), while 50% of the BLP thread is talking about a bunch of expensive upgrades Bushnell/Foresight push you towards. I understand that KIT and BLP are not perfect subs, especially for those looking for indoor simulation usage, but reading between the lines the KIT still seems like a better launch monitor.

This.  I love how straightforward the FSK is. No BS. And yes, getting better all the time it seems.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:03 AM, IC3BURGH said:

What is an “expensive upgrade” that Bushnell/Foresight push you towards?

20 hours ago, kiddoc said:

What is an “expensive upgrade” that Bushnell/Foresight push you towards?

There are different subscriptions for associated software. I don't believe any of them are necessary if you just want to read off the device, but the exact details I am still a bit hazy on despite the lengthy discussions of tiers and subscriptions in the other thread. 

1 hour ago, IC3BURGH said:

There are different subscriptions for associated software. I don't believe any of them are necessary if you just want to read off the device, but the exact details I am still a bit hazy on despite the lengthy discussions of tiers and subscriptions in the other thread. 

They are all on the website and are optional upgrades.

Its quite simple. Upgrade if you want to.

And it’s yearly. One click, done for 365.

4 hours ago, kiddoc said:

They are all on the website and are optional upgrades.

Its quite simple. Upgrade if you want to.

And it’s yearly. One click, done for 365.

Understood. I think my original comment was a reasonable assessment of reading a lot of both threads. Was it necessary? Who knows, but a couple people seemed to appreciate it.

15 hours ago, IC3BURGH said:

Understood. I think my original comment was a reasonable assessment of reading a lot of both threads. Was it necessary? Who knows, but a couple people seemed to appreciate it.

I do appreciate it. Im was almost in the same boat FSK vs GC3 so I joined various forums, discords and pages and after reading countless of hw/sw issues from firmware downgrades to no reads and returns/replacements of GC3 units I decided to order FSK. I didnt like the fact that such well-regarded brand with industry leading solution in GCQuad launched product that yet has to prove its working to standards many have expected. FSK is far from finished but Im all up for very promising looking product that has alongside the rich shot metrics the highest level of customer-oriented features: simplicity of use, connectivity, user interface and camera being few that stand out. I believe FSK package should easily trumph my actual combination of r10 a skytrak which I want to upgrade from.

This is exactly what I needed to read. I've been trying to decided on a GC3 and KIT. I like the user friend and interface.

• Titleist TSR2 9* AD-VF 6x
  • Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Red 7x
  • Titleist T200 3-5 Modus 105T X
  • Titleist 620MB 6-9  Modus 105T X
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm9 Raw 46*/10 50*/12 54*/12  58*/08 DG TI 400
  • Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6.5

I’ve had the KIT since day 1 and their dev team and support team are 100% responsive and amazing. They’ve released regular upgrades that have matured the product and it’s absolute nails. 

I’ve hit it alongside trackman a couple times now and the numbers are essentially identical. It still struggles inside 30 yards IMO but compared to last November it’s much better. 

People say it’s not measuring full flight but I have been assured it does and can confirm it doesn’t read out numbers until balls hit the ground, whether that’s my 270 carries or my buddy’s 320s. 

I like that the unit is not tied to a user. My buddies and kids have their own apps and profiles and we can just pair the KIT to their device so everyone has their own data. 

I would have no issues recommending this product to anyone who primarily wants an LM for range or course work. 

I have not used it’s net or screen functions so I cannot speak to that. 

• Like 3

I’m anxiously waiting on my FSK. Shipped on 6/28. FedEx is awful. Shipped express, got all the way to Lexington, KY where I live and expected to be delivered on 7/1. (The FedEx hub is a mile from my house) Then it got transferred to FedEx ground and got sent back to Indianapolis. So now it’s not expected to be delivered until 7/5. So irritated, but still excited to use my kit when it comes in. 

Titleist TSR3 10˚ Ventus Blue Velocore+ 

Taylormade Qi10 3W 15˚ KBS TD 

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 5W 18˚ KBS TD 

Ping G425 22˚H - KBS Tour Prototype

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Vokey SM9 54˚-10S and 58˚-08M KBS Tour

Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

Maxfli Tour X

My big question is spin and spin axis accuracy. So far I haven't seen a test that suggests that it's right yet. And the biggest problems I've worked on in recent years is trying to straighten out my flight (excess draw or fade spin axis). In the latest review the manufacturer said they were working on it, but I don't know if the machines has the ability to fix that measurement.

I've got a GC2+HMT, but I've stopped doing indoor practice or simulation anymore after buying a home in Florida. Now it's outdoor ranges year-round, so I could conceivably go to radar from optical launch monitors.

7 hours ago, RagnarD said:

My big question is spin and spin axis accuracy. So far I haven't seen a test that suggests that it's right yet. And the biggest problems I've worked on in recent years is trying to straighten out my flight (excess draw or fade spin axis). In the latest review the manufacturer said they were working on it, but I don't know if the machines has the ability to fix that measurement.

I've got a GC2+HMT, but I've stopped doing indoor practice or simulation anymore after buying a home in Florida. Now it's outdoor ranges year-round, so I could conceivably go to radar from optical launch monitors.

So serious question here.

If the manufacturer is “working on it” and each update gives more consistent data, why is Tiger using it now (endorsement $ aside)?

Just came back from Carlsbad, FSK HQ. Swapping the unit due to the little button come off. Need to say the after sale service could never be any better. The team was so helpful and profressional. Can't go wrong buying it.

Btw, the team share that 1.7 will be equipped with significant improvement in  spin rate precision and they are working to normalize with TM and CGQ.

Picsart_22-07-06_20-51-30-447.jpg

• Like 1

Had my first session with the FSK last night. Here are my thoughts:

Range balls were used - but are not flighted. For the most part they go a decent distance, not the same as a premium golf ball but still not terrible for a driving range.

I felt like the distance was spot on. When going back to watch the videos and comparing the club data (face/path/etc) I would say that it was spot on just by watching the video you can see generally what the club is doing. Having a device that quantifies this for you is fantastic. 

I did not hit too many iron shots lastnight but the driver numbers seemed good. Distance was shorter than what I see on course, but again this was with range balls. The data was consistent and any swing that felt bad was definitely noticed in the data. When trying to manipulate the path and face the device picked these up flawlessly.

I am very impressed. So happy to finally have my own monitor to take my game up a notch.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10˚ Ventus Blue Velocore+ 

Taylormade Qi10 3W 15˚ KBS TD 

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 5W 18˚ KBS TD 

Ping G425 22˚H - KBS Tour Prototype

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Vokey SM9 54˚-10S and 58˚-08M KBS Tour

Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

Maxfli Tour X