Jump to content

New Tiger Woods Launch Monitor


diceman01

Recommended Posts

I guess it depends on what an individual's priorities are. Some want the features of the courses and software, some, like me, want the data, both ball and club data. Some will primarily use it indoors, others outdoors. But I think all of us want accuracy and the GC3 certainly has that. If the FSK can come through with a similar level of accuracy and still provide all the data it's rumored to provide, that would be a serious competitor to the GC3. For me, this is a want, not a need so there's no rush for me to jump in the water. Who knows, maybe Uneekor might release a portable unit that will drive us all giddy for another six months! 😛  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, vq6shadow said:

I guess it depends on what an individual's priorities are. Some want the features of the courses and software, some, like me, want the data, both ball and club data. Some will primarily use it indoors, others outdoors. But I think all of us want accuracy and the GC3 certainly has that. If the FSK can come through with a similar level of accuracy and still provide all the data it's rumored to provide, that would be a serious competitor to the GC3. For me, this is a want, not a need so there's no rush for me to jump in the water. Who knows, maybe Uneekor might release a portable unit that will drive us all giddy for another six months! 😛  

I hope they deliver what they said they would.  Eventually.  If the FSK ever gets released.  You're right, they would be a serious GC3/Launch Pro competitor.  Competition should help keep prices down over time and force companies to innovate.  

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After owning both a Skytrak and Mevo+ I’d be extremely hesitant on buying another radar based unit for any use with limited flight or possible interference.  Their hardware is very similar to Flightscope’s (both use 4 24 ghz transmitters for the majority of measurements) and if Flightscope can’t consistently and accurately measure spin or spin axis indoors I have a hard time believing Full Swing has it cracked on their first attempt.

 

The Kits leg up on the Mevo+ is the ability to measure the ball for the entire flight due to an additional high frequency transmitter.  Indoors that’s irrelevant and I suspect it’ll have the same limitations as the Mevo+ but with unlocked club data.

 

I had a preorder reserved for the Kit last winter and was initially very excited but with more research and silence on there end I canceled and ordered a Launch Pro.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, amj6135 said:

After owning both a Skytrak and Mevo+ I’d be extremely hesitant on buying another radar based unit for any use with limited flight or possible interference.  Their hardware is very similar to Flightscope’s (both use 4 24 ghz transmitters for the majority of measurements) and if Flightscope can’t consistently and accurately measure spin or spin axis indoors I have a hard time believing Full Swing has it cracked on their first attempt.

 

The Kits leg up on the Mevo+ is the ability to measure the ball for the entire flight due to an additional high frequency transmitter.  Indoors that’s irrelevant and I suspect it’ll have the same limitations as the Mevo+ but with unlocked club data.

 

I had a preorder reserved for the Kit last winter and was initially very excited but with more research and silence on there end I canceled and ordered a Launch Pro.  

Good points, but isn't Trackman radar based?   The numbers they achieve are pretty consistent I believe. However, I have had problems with it using wedges.  They've acknowledged those issues on their website. Is your use more for simulation or for data?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know too much about Trackman, way out of my price range.  But I do know Trackman 4 is both radar and optic based.  It's radar system is much more complex than Mevo+ or Fullswing it uses (1) 10 GHz transmitter with 3 dedicated receivers, and (1) 24 GHz with 4 dedicated receivers.  With each system dedicated to either club or ball parameters.

 

The Mevo+ uses (1) 24 GHz transmitter and 4 receivers.  The Fullswing Kit is supposedly going to use (2) 24 GHz transmitters and 4 or 5 receivers.  We should find out exactly what they use in January when the FCC releases photos of the internals.  The Kit will transmit a traditional continuous wave frequency for club path, club speed, ball speed, spin, and spin axis just like the Mevo+.  The difference will be the additional transmitter will transmit a frequency modulated continuous wave that will be able to track the entire flight over 250 meters.  This additional accuracy down range increases the accuracy of carry and offline parameters against the Mevo+ but won't affect spin or spin axis accuracy indoors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, amj6135 said:

I don't know too much about Trackman, way out of my price range.  But I do know Trackman 4 is both radar and optic based.  It's radar system is much more complex than Mevo+ or Fullswing it uses (1) 10 GHz transmitter with 3 dedicated receivers, and (1) 24 GHz with 4 dedicated receivers.  With each system dedicated to either club or ball parameters.

 

The Mevo+ uses (1) 24 GHz transmitter and 4 receivers.  The Fullswing Kit is supposedly going to use (2) 24 GHz transmitters and 4 or 5 receivers.  We should find out exactly what they use in January when the FCC releases photos of the internals.  The Kit will transmit a traditional continuous wave frequency for club path, club speed, ball speed, spin, and spin axis just like the Mevo+.  The difference will be the additional transmitter will transmit a frequency modulated continuous wave that will be able to track the entire flight over 250 meters.  This additional accuracy down range increases the accuracy of carry and offline parameters against the Mevo+ but won't affect spin or spin axis accuracy indoors. 

That’s some pretty detailed knowledge for someone that doesn’t know too much about Trackman!🤣 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, vq6shadow said:

Curious, if both the FSK and the GC3 were available at the same time, which would you choose?

Probably GC3. My daughter is left handed, so if FSK was in the realm of indoor accuracy and space requirements I'd go FSK... but it doesn't look like it will be.

TSi3 9° Tensei White Prototype 2.0 TX
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
i210 4-G Modus3 120x
Glide 3.0 54°/60° Modus3 120x
2 Ball Ten

V1X, CSX-LS, who knows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, about time! haha.  I don't see anything about software on their site.  Wonder if there will be any basic range functionality.  If this is it, it isn't too impressive.

 

iPAD-4.png

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, pnd4pnd said:

thats hardly what they have, they measure 16 metrics as described before. there is a basic subscription and one for 99/yr that stores all of your swing data and videos in the cloud. they also said indoor sim will be coming q1 2022 with subscription or pay up front models.

Is there a basic range functionality though?  The biggest hangup I have on the Bushnell device is that to get the data they offer and just a range, a guy would have to pay $800 a year.  Simulation isn't what I am after.  I just want a driving range and info.  

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this can accurately measure all of the ball and club data it claims to then it becomes very attractive. I don't need simulation but getting accurate data swinging in my limited flight garage during the winter would be ideal.  If I am remembering correctly the FSK recommends at least 9-10' of ball flight (?).  I think LP with a basic subscription is where I am headed. Particularly if you can buy your way out of the subscription in the future should you choose to. Maybe Foresight will unlock the extra data in the future for less than $4k (ouch) if you don't need the sim software. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

If this can accurately measure all of the ball and club data it claims to then it becomes very attractive. I don't need simulation but getting accurate data swinging in my limited flight garage during the winter would be ideal.  If I am remembering correctly the FSK recommends at least 9-10' of ball flight (?).  I think LP with a basic subscription is where I am headed. Particularly if you can buy your way out of the subscription in the future should you choose to. Maybe Foresight will unlock the extra data in the future for less than $4k (ouch) if you don't need the sim software. 

Yeah I would be hesitant with the FSK in a garage.  To me it says a lot that they still don’t have the indoor performance where it needs to be given all of the extra time they’ve had.  Full Swing from the beginning have been implying this is first and foremost an outdoor monitor.  I wish they’d at least give some clue to subscription costs and what would be included before asking to complete preorders.  
 

Imagine if Bushnell sold the LP for 3,000 with the promise of being able to use it indoors next spring.  Then told the owners after they paid and took ownership the subscription cost would be 800 a year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, amj6135 said:

Yeah I would be hesitant with the FSK in a garage.  To me it says a lot that they still don’t have the indoor performance where it needs to be given all of the extra time they’ve had.  Full Swing from the beginning have been implying this is first and foremost an outdoor monitor.  I wish they’d at least give some clue to subscription costs and what would be included before asking to complete preorders.  
 

Imagine if Bushnell sold the LP for 3,000 with the promise of being able to use it indoors next spring.  Then told the owners after they paid and took ownership the subscription cost would be 800 a year.  

This feels like a reactionary release to not get left behind the GC3/LP.  Subscription to be required next year.  But buy the device to find out after the fact.  

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely a reactionary release.  They’ve barely given any new information other than officially it will eventually work with e6 and it won’t be free, but we don’t know how much it will cost either. They haven’t even shown the basic app integration that I assume will be free or even a working unit. 
 

Way too many red flags to be taken serious right now.  They’re in damage control trying to secure orders being lost to GC3/LP and the real killer; rumors of Mevo+ club data being unlocked.  If Flightscope does unlock club path and face angle before Full Swing takes orders the Kit is finished.  Why else would you buy one? 1080p vs 720p video play back?

Edited by amj6135
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 9:12 AM, pnd4pnd said:

i dont care about indoor or simulation either, I just want this for the range.

 

Yep, this is literally all I want; just a nice looking piece of hardware with a simple and usable iOS interface for data visualization. And no stupid subscription for data I should just have access to when buying the damn hardware; which was the hard stop for me re: the Bushnell. 

 

God, I hate that business model. 

 

So yeah, I'll be ordering on the 25th. 

  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10.5°

Titleist TSi3 15°

Titleist TS2 18°

TM P7TW 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50°, TM MG2 56°, 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, aenemated said:

 

Yep, this is literally all I want; just a nice looking piece of hardware with a simple and usable iOS interface for data visualization. And no stupid subscription for data I should just have access to when buying the damn hardware; which was the hard stop for me re: the Bushnell. 

 

God, I hate that business model. 

 

So yeah, I'll be ordering on the 25th. 

Hypothetically, if before the 25th Flightscope releases club data on the Mevo+, matching Full Swings data set would you still place an order for The Kit?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, amj6135 said:

Hypothetically, if before the 25th Flightscope releases club data on the Mevo+, matching Full Swings data set would you still place an order for The Kit?  

 

Half the price for the same data is a compelling argument but having zero experience with either (obviously) probably the biggest thing for me is having the data displayed on the hardware ... since it'd be used 100% on the range, I want to be able to hit a shot then just look at the stats. It'd be annoying to have to check my phone or iPad after every shot. Like ... I probably just wouldn't half the time. Which would almost make it pointless to even have. 

 

So it almost comes down to do I spend $2k on something that I'd find inconvenient to use ... or $4k on something I'd most certainly fully use and enjoy. (Assuming it works as advertised)

 

Also, as a designer type - it's simply a nicer looking piece of hardware.

 

 

Titleist TSi3 10.5°

Titleist TSi3 15°

Titleist TS2 18°

TM P7TW 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50°, TM MG2 56°, 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 2four22 said:

Anyone know if the launch of the Full Swing Launch Monitor will be limited to USA, or roll-out globally at the same time?  (Worried about how much longer these new products take to get Down Under!).

US only - in their emails they say they only take orders from US delivery address and US credit card billing address.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just received an e-mail from Full Swing, looks like they may have some units out for independent testing, based on their response that more info will be release soon.  I started a new post called Full Swing Kit, that has pricing information on E6 Simulation software options.  This info was received in an e-mail that I received from Full Swing on some questions about the Kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 11:04 AM, aenemated said:

So yeah, I'll be ordering on the 25th. 

 

I'm a man of my word. 

 

1898382374_ScreenShot2021-10-25at11_55_15AM.png.e184bba8e6ffcde1a689f64d52fa2904.png

 

Happy to be the guinea pig for yall when it arrives. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 10.5°

Titleist TSi3 15°

Titleist TS2 18°

TM P7TW 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50°, TM MG2 56°, 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, aenemated said:

 

I'm a man of my word. 

 

1898382374_ScreenShot2021-10-25at11_55_15AM.png.e184bba8e6ffcde1a689f64d52fa2904.png

 

Happy to be the guinea pig for yall when it arrives. 

Mainly outdoor use for you?  Or will you mix in indoor use as well when it becomes available?

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, radiman said:

Mainly outdoor use for you?  Or will you mix in indoor use as well when it becomes available?

 

100% outdoor. I couldn't convince Ms. aenemated to let me turn our living room into a simulator and the garage ceiling isn't high enough for anything longer than probably a PW. 😂

 

So I don't have anywhere to use indoors anyway. Fortunately, we've got a great and rarely crowded practice facility at the club so it'll just give me another reason to be there more often! 

  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 10.5°

Titleist TSi3 15°

Titleist TS2 18°

TM P7TW 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50°, TM MG2 56°, 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?
      I’d imagine SIM has run its course. Anyone heard what’s coming down the pipeline for TM?
      • 1,612 replies
    • 2021 RSM Classic - Discussion and Links
      2021 RSM Classic - Monday
      2021 RSM Classic - Tuesday #1
      2021 RSM Classic - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Brett Drewitt - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Matt Wallace - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Josh Creel - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Ben Crane - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Justin Lower - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Adam Svensson - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Brendon Todd - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Webb Simpson - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Chesson Hadley - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Kiradech Aphibarnrat - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Bill Haas - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Max Homa - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Nick Watney - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
       
       
      New Odyssey Tri Hot putters - 2021 RSM Classic
       
       
       
       
      • 2 replies
    • 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      Pat Perez - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Tony Finau - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Kramer Hickok - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Paul Barjon - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Nate Lashley - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Seamus Powers - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Dylan Frittelli - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      C.T. Pan - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Chase Koepka - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Branden Grace - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Marc Leishman - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Martin Laird - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Shane Lowery - WITB - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
       
      Cameron CT T-11 putter - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      New Graphite Design shafts - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Cameron cover from 2021 ZOZO Championship - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Bettinardi covers - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Cameron CT putters - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
       
       
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #4
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #1
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #2
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #3
       
       
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! 10 Testers Needed!
      L.A.B. Golf is choosing ten GolfWRX members to receive their MEZZ.1 putter early and put their brand new product to the test before reporting back to the community about what they see. The selected testers will be one of the first to experience the MEZZ.1 from L.A.B. GOLF, their newest Lie Angle Balanced design, ahead of it's January 2022 launch!
       
      About The L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Putter
      MEZZ.1 is our new mid-mallet putter that’s fully CNC machined from a billet of 6061 aircraft aluminum (body) and 303 stainless steel (midsection) to create our best-feeling — and we think best looking — putter to date. It includes 10 weights (eight on the bottom, two on the sides) that allow us to individually build each putter to a golfer’s exact specifications.
       
      How To Apply
      In a post below, answer the following questions.
       
      1. City, State?
      2. Handicap?
      3. What is your current putter?
      4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?
      5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?
      6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?
       
      That's it! @labgolf and GolfWRX will choose the testers in about 2 weeks! This testing event is for good-standing members in the USA only!
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 435 replies
    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...