SIK Putter fittings

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought these putters would be getting more attention. With Brendon Todd and Bryson both gaming them and from what I heard, not paying them to do so, seems like they are doing something right. I kno

Fitting Facilities

There's 1 location in California 3 hours north of you. I'd also email Sik and ask if any fitters near you.

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

I was lucky enough to win a SIK putter from one of the giveaways. I called them and talked to Marc directly for a good 30 minutes about my measurements ball placement etc. He sent me a video on how to set up properly and then I measured how he told me. If you didn’t feel like making the drive I highly recommend calling them on the phone. Super nice guys! Hope that helps.

If you do feel like making the drive, Mike Schy is one of the best in the business. He is Bryson’s long time coach and before that has a ton of teaching/fitting experience.

TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Jackhammer993 said:

I thought these putters would be getting more attention. With Brendon Todd and Bryson both gaming them and from what I heard, not paying them to do so, seems like they are doing something right. I know they are expensive but if they get the results.

Most people will not spend 1k (Bryson model) for a retail putter.   

• 3 weeks later...

Club Champions do do their fitting, but they don't have LAGP shafts on em so felt it was kind of moot since I would want to feel between LAGP and KBS Tour and compare numbers during a fitting. 

I also asked if I can just swing by and roll a few putts using the Sik putter and they claimed due to COVID restrictions, you're only allowed to touch the clubs if you have a fitting appt. 

Edited by smrtchar
12 hours ago, Green Valley said:

What is there fitting system like?

I know someone who got fitted with Sik in Orlando and he said the fitting process itself wasn't very different, but that Sik had the ability to let you try every combination of club head, neck type, and shafts (with various grips) which were backed by data from the Quintic Ball Roll system. The data he felt was pretty similar to a fitting he had using SAM Puttlab, but the flexibility for him to try everything to see how the numbers look were amazing.

I've done a putter fitting at Club Champions and there it's just switching from one putter to the next without much customization. You're lucky if they have a variety of putters and a bit cheated if they don't.

Edited by smrtchar
14 hours ago, Green Valley said:

What is there fitting system like?

I know @QMany just did a fitting. Perhaps he can give some context.

TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7MC 5-6, KBS $-Taper S

TaylorMade P7MB 7-PW, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade Milled Juno proto, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5x (2017)
jll62's WITB

Sorry, I went to Club Champion and “self-fit” myself putting with a bunch of combinations over lunch. I didn’t drop $100 for the full one-hour fitting on SAM, but I’m tempted. 

Currently in [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1417466-thewrx-the-epic-event-at-callaway-golf-8-members-are-treated-to-thewrx/"]#TheWRX[/url]...

[size=2]Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Odyssey O Works R-Line
Taylormade TP5X[/size]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/844200-qmanys-swingsticks-lesson-w-gankas-p-108/"]QMany's Swing/Sticks[/url] / [url="https://www.instagram.com/matthewdquandt/"]Instagram[/url]