Lightweight Stand Bags

23 hours ago, Bashdash said:

Phil and Nate I need help with the straps!  I agree with Phil just testing it out in my driveway with clubs I couldn't believe how light it felt.  

I've messed up the factory settings at this point.   I'm around 6'2" and on the right side of my body the top of the bag is digging into me.  

Just seeing your post now. @brew4eagle aka. “The Bag Whisperer” (don’t know if he likes that nickname I gave him, Lol), answered it better than I would have anyways!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

40 minutes ago, Dubv23 said:

Grabbed a new color of the craz e lite.  I really enjoyed this bag last year until a divider broke and I couldn’t get a replacement bag for months.  Hopefully this holds up better. 

F6FFCACA-A4A7-4BF5-BC2A-A19C6CDB6918.jpeg

Great looking bag! Curious to see how this holds up as we move into summer. 

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

I bought the Mizuno Kilo and have 6 rounds in with it.  The straps are so comfortable and it is really light on the back. It needs one more pocket just above the ball pocket. I can see the material ripping or tearing easily if it gets caught on something. No phd necessary to adjust the straps like the 2.5+ needs, just a very light bag that is extremely comfortable to carry. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had a Sun Mountain carry bag in white? If so, how is it at resisting dirt? Considering the 2021 SM 2.5+ 14-way in white/black/red but am wondering if it will get dirty almost instantly.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

On 3/24/2021 at 8:04 AM, WiscoSmails said:

I appreciate the insight, and the lengthy Ted Talk - you guys are bag wizards. The Mizuno K1-LO to me is like the girl you know you shouldn't date, but you're still interested anyways. I see the flaws, but somehow I want to think they're really not that bad.

I'll be checking out the Hoofer Lite, hadn't looked at anything Ping other than the Craz E Lite (whichseems to have it's own durability issues). I considered the 2021 SM 2.5+ but couldn't find the velcro glove patch anywhere, didn't the 2020 version have it?

Well I didn't get the Hoofer Lite or the Mizuno K1-LO (yet), I'm also not 100% settled on this being the bag. I ended up cruising FB Marketplace and got a nice deal on this Titleist bag. It's a bit heavier than I'd like (guessing around 4-5 pounds) but it has the right amount of pockets and a clean look to it. Haven't used it out on the course yet as I'm still thinking of getting something lighter for when I'm walking 18. (color is Navy/White).

IMG-5022.jpg.767f32deaef59953f8f14a20f42329a3.jpgIMG-5023.jpg.ae051741ab1d83e821dea5d8c0094eca.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WiscoSmails said:

Well I didn't get the Hoofer Lite or the Mizuno K1-LO (yet), I'm also not 100% settled on this being the bag. I ended up cruising FB Marketplace and got a nice deal on this Titleist bag. It's a bit heavier than I'd like (guessing around 4-5 pounds) but it has the right amount of pockets and a clean look to it. Haven't used it out on the course yet as I'm still thinking of getting something lighter for when I'm walking 18. (color is Navy/White).

IMG-5022.jpg.767f32deaef59953f8f14a20f42329a3.jpgIMG-5023.jpg.ae051741ab1d83e821dea5d8c0094eca.jpg

Nice find, that looks like the Linksmaster bag: 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1664048-titleist-linksmaster-members-bag-in-hand-pics/

• Like 1

G425 LST 9°  •  3w G425 Max  •  3h G425  •  4i Maltby TS2  •  5i–Pw Maltby TS1  •  50°/54°/58° Maltby TSW  •  Odyssey White Hot OG 1WS

9 hours ago, WiscoSmails said:

I just posted in the Linksmaster thread to find a way to get my hands on one and you find one on FB Marketplace.. the jealousy is real.

I'll trade you lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Taylormade 2016 M2 / Taylormade SIM (currently testing)

Cobra F9 Speedback 3-4 Wood

Cobra F9 Baffler 3H / Taylormade SIM Max (currently testing)

Srixon Z U65 Utility 3 & 4 Iron

Honma 737V 5-PW

Honma 727P GW-SW

Odyssey O-Works 1W

Titleist 2021 Players 4

On 3/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, brew4eagle said:

"Light blue" for the 95 and 325 (don't have that color in 275).  Matches all of my officially licensed Carolina gear perfectly.

20210321_145546.jpg

My handle would tell you my order intentions!   😂 

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

On 3/24/2021 at 8:04 AM, WiscoSmails said:

I appreciate the insight, and the lengthy Ted Talk - you guys are bag wizards. The Mizuno K1-LO to me is like the girl you know you shouldn't date, but you're still interested anyways. I see the flaws, but somehow I want to think they're really not that bad.

I'll be checking out the Hoofer Lite, hadn't looked at anything Ping other than the Craz E Lite (whichseems to have it's own durability issues). I considered the 2021 SM 2.5+ but couldn't find the velcro glove patch anywhere, didn't the 2020 version have it?

Agreed!   I’ve owned 2 k1-LO’s and had durability issues with both about 8 months in.  Store credited me each time.  and will probably buy another one.  I know they have thin material, but so many good things as well.  2021 color options are not as good IMO. 

WITB

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

Lots of information here! Great thread. Before coming here I thought I'd be choosing between the SM 2.5+ and the Callaway Hyperlite, but I see nothing on the Callaway bag in here. Not sure if selection bias or just not as good a bag. In-store an Eco-Lite felt good with a few clubs thrown in it, but no balls/accessories. I didn't see a 2.5+ at that store, but a 2.5 felt good at another store... Now I fear I'm in a rabbit hole of information and still can't puzzle my way out of it.

Saw the earlier discussion about x-straps. Just looking at the Sun Mountain promo... it looks like neither of their golfer models seemed to know how to balance their x-straps either. My biggest pet peeve is when the left side of the bag starts to droop down after being weighted down a bit with balls/water/etc. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, goheels11 said:

Agreed!   I’ve owned 2 k1-LO’s and had durability issues with both about 8 months in.  Store credited me each time.  and will probably buy another one.  I know they have thin material, but so many good things as well.  2021 color options are not as good IMO. 

Just curious, what part of the bag has failed for you? I have the Linksmaster bag, but I'm still thinking about picking up a k1-LO.

On 3/29/2021 at 8:47 AM, Dubv23 said:

Grabbed a new color of the craz e lite.  I really enjoyed this bag last year until a divider broke and I couldn’t get a replacement bag for months.  Hopefully this holds up better. 

@Dubv23 How's it going with the Craz-E Lite?  Looks like a nice bag, I'm in the market for a new lightweight stand bag and my bag has been slowly going towards all PING... I'm becoming one of those crazy PING guys lol.  How comfy are the straps?

Edited by Tupperwolf
  • Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

7 hours ago, JoshuaR said:

Lots of information here! Great thread. Before coming here I thought I'd be choosing between the SM 2.5+ and the Callaway Hyperlite, but I see nothing on the Callaway bag in here. Not sure if selection bias or just not as good a bag. In-store an Eco-Lite felt good with a few clubs thrown in it, but no balls/accessories. I didn't see a 2.5+ at that store, but a 2.5 felt good at another store... Now I fear I'm in a rabbit hole of information and still can't puzzle my way out of it.

Saw the earlier discussion about x-straps. Just looking at the Sun Mountain promo... it looks like neither of their golfer models seemed to know how to balance their x-straps either. My biggest pet peeve is when the left side of the bag starts to droop down after being weighted down a bit with balls/water/etc. 

The left side should 'droop down' about 15 degrees (to ensure clubs stay in place)

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

51 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

@Dubv23 How's it going with the Craz-E Lite?  Looks like a nice bag, I'm in the market for a new lightweight stand bag and my bag has been slowly going towards all PING... I'm becoming one of those crazy PING guys lol.  How comfy are the straps?

very good so far.  Light and easy to carry.  The straps are really thin but they have this memory gel grid... think like the purple mattress. Its very comfortable on the shoulders.  

Thanks for the reply.  The reviews I'm seeing on Ping's site don't look great, seems like lots of issues with the legs and dividers, like you had.  I'll probably look elsewhere for now.  I'm finding a trend where none of the manufacturers really have good pictures of the pocket setup on their bags so it's hard to know what will work without trying them out at a store.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, WiscoSmails said:

Just curious, what part of the bag has failed for you? I have the Linksmaster bag, but I'm still thinking about picking up a k1-LO.

First one was the mesh pocket inside the ball pocket came off.   Second was a separation of the glove/side pocket from the main body of the bag.  

• Thanks 1

WITB

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

Ok so golf lockdown ended last week in England (yay!) so finally took out the 2.5+. Great bag, lightweight and comfortable to walk with and it was extremely windy too. 

Second time out the back-pad started digging into to my back/side on the right, as if the alignment wasn't right. Would the glide trick from page 24 fix this or any ideas how to stop it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks 

SM 2021 2.5+ 
Lefty

Cobra LTDx Max 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue

Titleist TSi2 20° Tensei AV Blue
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5 Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
Mizuno JPX919 Forged 6 to G Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
Mizuno S18 54° + 58° Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
TaylorMade Spider S

28 minutes ago, DLiver said:

I'm sad to report my Titleist Players 4 Carbon hasn't held up all that well. First, the mesh drink pocket ripped, and now there is a 4" tear in the side of the bag just above the two oval pads that protect your back from the bag. I love this bag, but not sure I'll go Titleist again.

I was just looking at this bag over the weekend so appreciate this invite. The SM 2.5+ does seem like the most durable in this range. 

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

Another flaw in the Ping Craz-E-Lite I encountered yesterday.  Mind you, I loved this bag. Perfect walking bag with a stand.  Very light, comfortably gets 14 clubs, enough pockets. And the best part, I got the model that doesn't have a PING in giant letters!

BUT for the life of me, why the F does Ping use metal zipper pulls on the bigger zips and cheap plastic ones on the small pockets?  Can't splurge 10 more cents for metal pulls on the small pockets?!?!  The plastic zipper pull on the small front pocket presumably for tees and markers (which is what I used it for) will just disintegrate and disappear.  And then you are left with a pocket with no zipper, just a gaping hole.  

I have not had the heart to dig the bag out of the trunk and do a micro inspection to see how I can get a zipper pull installed on there...it did not look that promising yesterday.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DLiver said:

I'm sad to report my Titleist Players 4 Carbon hasn't held up all that well. First, the mesh drink pocket ripped, and now there is a 4" tear in the side of the bag just above the two oval pads that protect your back from the bag. I love this bag, but not sure I'll go Titleist again.

Now I'm happy to report that Titleist is going to take care of the problem. My pro thinks they will probably replace it rather than repair  it.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, DLiver said:

Titleist is replacing the bag with the latest model. I'm am very happy with this because I really like the bag. I'm back to being a titleist bag guy, just like that. 👍

Really I have no issues with my new 2.5+.  I have walked 3 rounds with it, one round was on a brutal course to walk.  After the first round I admittedly did have my wife help adjust the straps, but once she did, it's really comfortable.  I'll certainly keep it for walking only rounds.  The dividers are great.  Perfect storage amount for a carry bag, and efficient pocket design.  Reminds me of the Titleist bags I grew up using (that were then made by Sun Mountain).  

Admittedly I'm looking at a Vessel for some bling when not carrying though....lol.  The struggle is real.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

I've ordered a Jones Original to try.  Got paired with someone that was using it and it looked perfect.  I had no idea it was as slim as it is.  As long as I can get the pockets to work for me I think it might become my primary bag.  My concerns are where to put my water bottle and laser, but I think I have a plan that will work.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I was at the store the other day going between the 2.5+, Mizuno K1Lo, Ping CEL, Nike Sport Lite, Callaway and Taylormade hyperlite/flexlite whatever, and SM EcoLite.

I wanted to like the Mizuno based on the comfort carrying, but it seemed like the material on the strap was already fraying, and the pocket material just reminded me of some inner liner that would tear apart at any moment.

I threw a bunch of display clubs in the bags and walked around the store, and for the life of me could not make the 2.5+ comfortable with the x straps. For the other brands, traps or setup or pockets I couldn't get behind.

Ended up getting the EcoLite because the EZLite straps were so much more comfortable. I suppose it MIGHT have been possible to get the 2.5+ and then contact SM for their luxury straps, but that seemed a little convoluted.

• GooseHook changed the title to Lightweight Stand Bags