2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Lightweight Stand Bags

4 hours ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Who’s got thoughts on the TM Flextech (regular)?

I just picked one up.  I have 3 rounds with it.  It’s pretty good.  I compare it well to my Hoofer.  The straps are very comfortable.  The pockets are much better than the Crossover bag to me (I don’t like the cooler pocket in the Crossover).

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 Hybrid 19*, Ventus Blue HB 9X

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

9 hours ago, Hougz79 said:

I just picked one up.  I have 3 rounds with it.  It’s pretty good.  I compare it well to my Hoofer.  The straps are very comfortable.  The pockets are much better than the Crossover bag to me (I don’t like the cooler pocket in the Crossover).

Which color you go with?  You use it on a push cart?  Club tangle?  Send pic if you got one. 

7 hours ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Which color you go with?  You use it on a push cart?  Club tangle?  Send pic if you got one. 

I have the “SIM2” colors (black, white, light blue).  I use it on a golf cart, and range sessions.  Club tangle is just fine compared to any other 5 way top.  

Right now I’m kinda torn between a few of my bags.  I like the layout of my Hoofer the most, the club management of my SM 4.5 14-way, and the looks of the TM Flextech.  Somehow I’ve transitioned from a club ho to a bag ho... lol 

• Like 1

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

12 minutes ago, Hougz79 said:

I have the “SIM2” colors (black, white, light blue).  I use it on a golf cart, and range sessions.  Club tangle is just fine compared to any other 5 way top.  

Right now I’m kinda torn between a few of my bags.  I like the layout of my Hoofer the most, the club management of my SM 4.5 14-way, and the looks of the TM Flextech.  Somehow I’ve transitioned from a club ho to a bag ho... lol 

Which Hoofer you got?  Let’s see each bag

1 hour ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Which Hoofer you got?  Let’s see each bag

I think my Hoofer is a 2019 model?  I like the simple grey color of it.

4359EE3D-027F-4AA5-9290-38A793AA9A26.jpeg

F0D025D1-A84C-4310-8E94-0646D91B9FEA.jpeg

Edited by Hougz79
  • Like 1

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

On 3/16/2021 at 2:08 PM, BallerNate said:

Well, there’s a lot of love for the 2.5+ and the Hoofer Lite on this thread, so I figure I should balance that out with some love for the 3.5LS!!

Took it out today for my 2nd round this week in the frozen tundra of the Great White North (-2 C / 40 F today), and I absolutely love this bag!!

It actually has ended up being the perfect bag for me so far, and is definitely checking all the boxes: Light to carry, great straps, lots of pockets, Tee holders on spine, legs that snap up with zero sag, 0 club tangle etc.

Really nothing bad to say about it so far, and this will be my gamer until it breaks down, which I think will be a few years at least!

D2AC5AA7-C919-471E-9820-00ACA22A4FA8.jpeg

067702BC-A5CE-4E36-ADE3-90B894B9E96E.jpeg

9E01D125-CC34-4A26-9A6A-1FE55F3CBC78.jpeg

Have you tried using on a push cart?  If so how does it perform

2 hours ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Have you tried using on a push cart?  If so how does it perform

I haven’t played a round with the 3.5 LS on a push cart, just tried putting it on in the garage.

It doesn’t fit that well on my specific push cart because of the stand mechanism on the outside of the base. But I love the bag in every other way, so it’s a trade-off I’m totally fine with personally.

It could fit better on your push cart though, just depends on the design of your cart.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

9 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

I haven’t played a round with the 3.5 LS on a push cart, just tried putting it on in the garage.

It doesn’t fit that well on my specific push cart because of the stand mechanism on the outside of the base. But I love the bag in every other way, so it’s a trade-off I’m totally fine with personally.

It could fit better on your push cart though, just depends on the design of your cart.

Thanks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Thanks

My pleasure, always happy to help!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

28 minutes ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Do the legs on the flextech sag when you have the bag full and carry it?  This is the common complaint I hear about the bag. Leaning towards a SM/Ping bag for this reason. 

Depends on how you define sag.  Do they snap flush against the bag?  No.  But so far they don’t sag enough that they are anywhere near my legs when carrying it.  I only truly noticed that there was a slight sag when I saw my reflection as I was walking by the pro shop last week.  

Honestly I’ve never checked if my Ping legs sag.

When I do carry my bag for 18 holes I use my Sun Mountain 2.5+.

Edited by Hougz79
  • Like 2

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

9 minutes ago, Hougz79 said:

Depends on how you define sag.  Do they snap flush against the bag?  No.  But so far they don’t sag enough that they are anywhere near my legs when carrying it.  I only truly noticed that there was a slight sag when I saw my reflection as I was walking by the pro shop last week.  

Honestly I’ve never checked if my Ping legs sag.

When I do carry my bag for 18 holes I use my Sun Mountain 2.5+.

Thanks

18 hours ago, Hougz79 said:

I think my Hoofer is a 2019 model?  I like the simple grey color of it.

4359EE3D-027F-4AA5-9290-38A793AA9A26.jpeg

I've got the 2019 Hoofer in white and absolutely love it on my clicgear 3.  At the store, there was another one next to it that was identical except that one had a Ping Man logo on the ball pocket.  I really regret not buying both of them that day.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2089088883_2021-04-0213_54_53.jpg.82f2b27ff337eb0b07f9887c88e3709b.jpg1488074256_2021-04-0213_55_10.jpg.28ccd3ae4d7e8b7270d7b20bd7d03fa4.jpg62538338_2021-04-0215_24_25.jpg.34f2abe0a49876ebc202a55418b9c1e9.jpg

I use the Hoofer only occasionally now that I'm carrying almost all of my rounds with a Hoofer Craz-E Lite.  Weighing just 3 pounds, the minimalist Craz-E Lite is a pleasure to carry whereas the Hoofer weighs 5.5+ pounds and its larger pockets tend to get loaded up with a lot more junk (my own fault, of course).  I do miss the regular Hoofer's convenient magnetic flap closure on its rangefinder pocket though.

Edited by GrumpyCat
added Craz-E Lite vs Hoofer comment
  • Like 2

G425 LST 9°  •  3w G425 Max  •  3h G425  •  4i Maltby TS2  •  5i–Pw Maltby TS1  •  50°/54°/58° Maltby TSW  •  Odyssey White Hot OG 1WS

1 hour ago, GrumpyCat said:

I've got the 2019 Hoofer in white and absolutely love it on my clicgear 3.  At the store, there was another one next to it that was identical except that one had a Ping Man logo on the ball pocket.  I really regret not buying both of them that day.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2089088883_2021-04-0213_54_53.jpg.82f2b27ff337eb0b07f9887c88e3709b.jpg1488074256_2021-04-0213_55_10.jpg.28ccd3ae4d7e8b7270d7b20bd7d03fa4.jpg62538338_2021-04-0215_24_25.jpg.34f2abe0a49876ebc202a55418b9c1e9.jpg

I use the Hoofer only occasionally now that I'm carrying almost all of my rounds with a Hoofer Craz-E Lite.  Weighing just 3 pounds, the minimalist Craz-E Lite is a pleasure to carry whereas the Hoofer weighs 5.5+ pounds and its larger pockets tend to get loaded up with a lot more junk (my own fault, of course).  I do miss the regular Hoofer's convenient magnetic flap closure on its rangefinder pocket though.

2019 models are impossible to find now a days, even on the Bay.  Could’ve sold that other one for like $250 easy

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 1:40 PM, FairwayFinder11 said:

2019 models are impossible to find now a days, even on the Bay.  Could’ve sold that other one for like $250 easy

His looks like a custom 2018/19 hoofer with bigger Ping font, the other one he saw with the Pingman logo on the ball pocket was custom as well. The standard 2018-2021 hoofers don't look as good and need a redesign/new colors, I don't know why anyone would be searching out a standard 19' hoofer and willing to overpay for it.

Just got a SM 4.5 and the lack of club snagging was LIBERATING. Then I go to put it on my Bag Boy push cart and I’m unable to get the strap through the pass through....WTF???  Anyone else have this issue with their SM.  I’m so disappointed thought this was the one.  No point if I can’t utilize the pass through.  I’ve had Ping Hoofers in the past with the pass through and the strap fits through perfectly. 

Why cant you? I am not familiar with the bag boy push cart

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

This is such a great thread. Moving forward, I've really narrowed in on the Navy SM 2.5+ as my walking bag. I like to have something bigger around as well, which I use when riding or using the push cart, and thinking I'll go OG Hoofer in a year or two. Great info from all involved here. 

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

21 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Why cant you? I am not familiar with the bag boy push cart

The strap on one side is not long enough to fit all the way through the pass through on the SM.  I think it’s due to where SM placed the pass through, because I never had this issue with my regular Hoofer. 

19 minutes ago, XHoop24 said:

This is such a great thread. Moving forward, I've really narrowed in on the Navy SM 2.5+ as my walking bag. I like to have something bigger around as well, which I use when riding or using the push cart, and thinking I'll go OG Hoofer in a year or two. Great info from all involved here. 

I have the 2.5+ in navy. Works on the click gear 3.5+ trolley and a golf cart no problem. When I am riding, I just pack extra stuff I might “need” (extra balls, cold weather gear, sunscreen) in a little bag. Throw it in the back of the cart. Easy one bag life. 

• Like 1

Just providing an update as I have been a big supporter of the Sun Mountain 2.5+ and now that our club is open and the season is back in full swing here in New England I still continue to be.  Had a chance to pick up one of the limited edition Ping Man Hoofer Lite models from our club and passed (had been a previous Ping bag user for 20+ years).  As I continue to make the commitment to walking 95% of my rounds at our club, I can't see a reason why I would ever go back to a heavier bag.  The SM2.5+ continues to be almost everything I could want - super light, enough room, no club tangle.  I have made 3 trips with the bag where we played a mix of walking and carts, probably played 20+ rounds, and there are only very minor gripes.  Our club just got some custom SL2s in stock which have piqued my interest, but after playing 18 with the current SM2.5+ I keep asking why would I look elsewhere.  As long as the bag holds up, I don't have a logical answer...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cubuffs said:

Just providing an update as I have been a big supporter of the Sun Mountain 2.5+ and now that our club is open and the season is back in full swing here in New England I still continue to be.  Had a chance to pick up one of the limited edition Ping Man Hoofer Lite models from our club and passed (had been a previous Ping bag user for 20+ years).  As I continue to make the commitment to walking 95% of my rounds at our club, I can't see a reason why I would ever go back to a heavier bag.  The SM2.5+ continues to be almost everything I could want - super light, enough room, no club tangle.  I have made 3 trips with the bag where we played a mix of walking and carts, probably played 20+ rounds, and there are only very minor gripes.  Our club just got some custom SL2s in stock which have piqued my interest, but after playing 18 with the current SM2.5+ I keep asking why would I look elsewhere.  As long as the bag holds up, I don't have a logical answer...

I agree.  I picked up a 2.5+ this spring as an impulse buy at GG on a rainy day.  I grew up generally using Titleist stand bags (when Sun Mountain still made them) and carried all my rounds.  They were probably comparable to the current 3.5 line.

The storage of the 2.5+ is not much less than the carry bags I grew up using, but I was truly surprised how much that 2 pounds of difference made when carrying compared my my Hoofer or SM 4.5 LS.  I can very, very easily fit everything I need to walk a round of golf and there is room to spare.

It really is a fantastic bag.  Early and late season rounds here in MN generally require walking and this thing is a treat to walk 18 with.

Edited by Hougz79
  • Like 2

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

On 4/21/2021 at 3:44 PM, brew4eagle said:

The Jones will definitely be given a shot.  Not sure it will dethrone the HL as the pocket situation is not straightforward.  If I can figure out an efficient pocket setup, then it has real potential.  It weighs less than the 2.5+ and the strap is the most comfortable ever.  I only carry 12 clubs so the top size and dividers work really well.  I can definitely see it being my cart bag as the pockets become irrelevant since everything I need is in the cart.

20210421_163151.jpg

How did you like the Jones? I've had the Original Stand Bag since it came out 8ish years ago. The legs snap back like nothing I have ever seen, but the pockets are REAL tight. Great carry bag but not so good riding as it tends to slide around fairly easily. The pockets and the riding issue is why I am now looking for a new bag.

SIM 10.5 | EXS Pro 18

Apex UW 21 | Pro Mini 24

T100 5-50 | 54.S 58.T

Black Series 1W

Vice Pro Drip

15 minutes ago, texcellence86 said:

How did you like the Jones? I've had the Original Stand Bag since it came out 8ish years ago. The legs snap back like nothing I have ever seen, but the pockets are REAL tight. Great carry bag but not so good riding as it tends to slide around fairly easily. The pockets and the riding issue is why I am now looking for a new bag.

Moved on as I didn't like the pocket layout, could not figure out an efficient way to organize my stuff in the pockets.  If it had two horizontally divided pockets on the spine, and then a small water bottle pocket on the side then it would have had real potential except for in wet conditions.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

Moved on as I didn't like the pocket layout, could not figure out an efficient way to organize my stuff in the pockets.  If it had two horizontally divided pockets on the spine, and then a small water bottle pocket on the side then it would have had real potential except for in wet conditions.

curious, how do swap all these bags, just return them or sell to someone else? I'm always very careful in the bag I buy because normally the return shipping $ is on you and shipping a golf bag isn't cheap. 

7 minutes ago, Redjeep83 said:

curious, how do swap all these bags, just return them or sell to someone else? I'm always very careful in the bag I buy because normally the return shipping $ is on you and shipping a golf bag isn't cheap. 

I've been lucky and sold several for a very good profit.  I basically got my 2020 Hoofer Lite for free this way.  I'll only order something I'm not sure about if the company offers return shipping labels, most of the big companies do offer free or very cheap return shipping.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

44 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I've been lucky and sold several for a very good profit.  I basically got my 2020 Hoofer Lite for free this way.  I'll only order something I'm not sure about if the company offers return shipping labels, most of the big companies do offer free or very cheap return shipping.

After reading through this thread and your input, really considering getting the HL. Just bought the 2020 P4 StaDry no logo but it really didn't turn out like I wanted. I like how compact it is but the "full length" dividers aren't boxed and really don't' stop grips passing through. With the legs engaged or standing vertical, there is quite a bit of tangle.

I really like how the spine pocket on the HL is more compact than most other bags, especially the 2021 line of P4 bags, looks almost comical.

SIM 10.5 | EXS Pro 18

Apex UW 21 | Pro Mini 24

T100 5-50 | 54.S 58.T

Black Series 1W

Vice Pro Drip

1 hour ago, texcellence86 said:

After reading through this thread and your input, really considering getting the HL. Just bought the 2020 P4 StaDry no logo but it really didn't turn out like I wanted. I like how compact it is but the "full length" dividers aren't boxed and really don't' stop grips passing through. With the legs engaged or standing vertical, there is quite a bit of tangle.

I really like how the spine pocket on the HL is more compact than most other bags, especially the 2021 line of P4 bags, looks almost comical.

Completely agree on the spine pocket comments.  2 keys for the HL tangle- swap clubs with the bag vertical and all is well, but for perfectly smooth club swaps you can also grab the clubs in the bottom divider (where most people keep wedges) and pull those up and everything will fall into place.  The base basically pushes the wedge grips up and back towards the other clubs so pulling those up as part of swapping clubs completely eliminates the tangle.  You get used to it real quick, not a big deal at all.  On a riding cart all is good since bag is obviously vertical and base isn't being engaged throughout the round.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Just pulled the trigger on a Titleist bag (4-way) that’s from a few years back when they were still made by Sun Mountain.  I actually used to use one before I got into the Hoofer and sold it back in 2016 like a moron.  In my opinion this is the best bag ever created.  Has no club tangle since it has the stand mechanism of the SM bag, ample storage, lightweight, thick strap, and nice sized water bottle pocket.  Also has a strap to secure the stand when you want to use a push cart or ride.     Lezzzz gooooo

A0B2F179-13E8-4B13-8160-0F57C5DAEAA5.jpeg

Edited by FairwayFinder11
  • Like 2

• GooseHook changed the title to Lightweight Stand Bags