2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Is Taylormade replacing the P760 anytime soon?

Run out of wine?? Ha ha!! Well that will never happen even though I am getting hit up by all of my local friends. Even they can't drink me dry.

My point on the clubs is there a lot of people who are more concerned about how a club looks that how it works. Like wine I am not drinking the label . But I have to make sure the package is not harmful. It is just that there are many people on here and other sites that buy clubs that aren't necessarily good for their game because they like the looks that is my issue. Hey I love the looks of the 790s, I was sent a set but the 760s work much better for me and that worked out really well for my best friend who has benefitted from it all!

• Like 2

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

"Sole with leading and trailing edge relief and not as much offset"

That explains perfectly the 750's. I am shallow with AoA and the relief is just perfect for me. Taylormade wont be able to out do them! :0

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Wrong what???

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

???? What are you talking about? Do you think he is more concerned about the look of the part of the club he can't see? Maybe one should do a re-cap of the back sides of all of the clubs he has gamed. They haven't all looked the same nor have they all been clean smooth and simple.

Well the looks at address are individual preference. I have no problem with that. Personally I have not generally liked the way the old Hogan blades sat. Something the way the hosel and the leading edge of the face line up doesn't work for me. Many of the Titleist blades were similar. They look closed to me. But their old '88 blades looked great to me. I still have that set in my club room. I wouldn't call them bad looking in general at all, just not for my eye to play.

let’s see how much the corona virus messes with all those timelines

Stealth2+ 8° HZRDUS Blue RDX Smoke 60 S
Stealth2+ 14.25° Tensei blue 65 S
Stealth2+ 17.5° Tensei blue 65 S
Stealth+ Rescue 21.25° Tensei blue 75 S
P790 5 - 7, NS Pro Modus 3 105 S

P770 8 - P, NS Pro Modus 3 105 S
MG4 50° 54°HB 58° HiToe, NS Pro Modus 3 115 Wedge

"Real players"? What does that mean? I would think we are all real players and the professionals moving back to the 760 are definitely real players.

"Looks" from angles doesn't equate to me. I could care less what a club looks like where I cannot see that part. I DO care about the design, especially where I cannot see as the design will affect the performance of the club. I do care how a club looks at address because if I don't like the look I will never be able to play the club. Golf is very much a mental game and what appeals to one golfer may not appeal to another. I do agree there are golfers who could hit the ugliest club in the world and all they care about are results. Well, I am a real player and I care what the club looks like. This is an opinion thread so we are all entitled to our opinion, including you. So whether a person agrees with a post or not it doesn't make the post wrong when it is opinion or a the reflection of the person who made the post.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

If no one cared how clubs looked we would all be playing G710 rocket launchers! The way even high HC clubs are these days they are still workable enough I'm a mid HC and looks are the most important thing to me so I can't imagine a scratch golfer not caring.

If it looks good I feel it gives you confidence and excites you to hit it. Makes you stoked when you can use it and get it out of the bag. All of these are obviously positive things that lead to positive thoughts which hopefully leads to a nice shot.

My 2 cents :)

Absolutely. 100 % yes. I know that the back of the 760 was a turnoff (and some pronounced offset towards the 4, 5, and 6 than I was used too) but, a few other made the same mention when 760 was unveiled. The irons definitely catch your eye which is what they're meant to do more than any MB which mostly all look the same. The only 2 pros on the TM roster hitting these are Jason Day and an LPGA who has a full bag I believe. So they're definitely tour proven.

Redman,

Have you read why the speedfoam is in the P760? I got to listen to one of the guys talk about the P760 and the purpose. My AP2s are a solid faced design. This means that if I miss a little, I lose distance and my dispersion may not be affected left or right of target, but definitely short and long of target. When I was hitting the P760 next to my AP2, I missed a few but the dispersion short and long was much tighter. This meant that the water or bunker that my ball would have landed in with my AP2 now clears the hazards and I might save a shot or two per round.

I almost bought the P760's and I still might. I'm holding out for the new model to drop in the fall. I don't care about a milled grind sole, I'd like to see some cool milling on the back if there was any milling at all (bring back the look of the RAC irons). Definitely keep the worn leading edge and some trailing edge relief. Add some more tungsten, and keep the foam.

I'd prefer them to not have any stickers or crap in the cavity back, just have the graphics milled in like on the current gen, but ditch the stripes.

-ZA

• Like 1

TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X

TM SIM 15 deg 3W with Project X Smoke Green S

TM SIM2 3H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM M3 4H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 

A little off topic, but can anyone confirm that the Taylormade's standard length of the P760s includes the grip? So for example, the 7-iron would be 37" to butt of grip?

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

I really think a good club needs both. No amount of fabulous looks can overcome a club that simply doesn't perform, and conversely, I can't play something, even if the numbers are great, if it looks ugly. I feel like the 790's and 730's have been great offerings, but the 760's were ultimately a whiff. Hopefully, the replacement will be much improved.

individual taste period. look at someone Else's driver and you will find something that does not look right. I have them and play okay, I don't find them ugly at all. Yes a pure blade looks great but these are getting fewer and fewer on tour.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite