Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been playing them about 3 months and coming from Z745s, they have tighter dispersion and better turf interaction. As mentioned, the lofts are strong and that makes for new distances but otherwise pre

Love mine. Traded in my 585/785 combo set for them. T200 longer and more forgiving. It was between the T200 and Apex. T200 a tad longer and more forgiving than Apex. Really good.

WELP! Found a set nwt on ebay for 550 less than stores have them.....4-gw with stock amt black r300....here we go!

I bought and sold a set.

They felt great, I wasn’t in love with the look of the shorter irons, and they went far.

I ultimately sold them because they went so far, I’m too old to learn all new distances; and I didn’t hit them any better than what I already played.

Srixon Z585, 10.5*
TaylorMade SIM Max 5 wood 18*

Titleist TS2 21* hybrid
Cobra DWS 23*, Nippon 950GH
Callaway X-14 5-PW

Vokey SM7 52F
Vokey SM7 56M

Vokey 60M
TaylorMade Ardmore 1

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my golf buddies (4 hcp) traded in his Callaway Apex for the T200 last week. He went from steel to graphite in the T200 to get higher launch and assumed greater distance due to jacked T200 lofts. Didn't happen. Doesn't hit them any further or higher but...they sure look good! We've played 3 rounds together since. I'm usually a club longer than he with Srixon Z-785. On par 3's I was hitting 2 clubs less. I don't get it -- the T200 7 iron is just 30° loft, Srixon is 32°. I suggested he exchange them for the T100S, which are 1-2° higher loft so he can get a bit more spin and get the ball airborne.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hI ; I have played about 50 games on my set 5- pw. They were slightly bettering dispersion than the new p790 when I was fit last October.I am coming from pxg 0311xf's which replace 0311p's I had.I like the look, feel and stopping power.They became much betterfor stopping power once I weakened the lofts to that of the t100and no loss of distance .I use 2 - 3 ssts of irons a year but they will stay for awhile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Love mine. Traded in my 585/785 combo set for them. T200 longer and more forgiving. It was between the T200 and Apex. T200 a tad longer and more forgiving than Apex. Really good.

  • Thanks 1

PXG Proto X+
Callaway Mavrik 15
Srixon H85 19 & 22
Titleist T200 5-GW
Titleist SM6 54 & 60
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't mention what graphite shafts he went with?

IMO _ to realize a high trajectory with graphite, shafts must be light with soft tip section. Many graphite shafts today are made differently and include forms of steel to influence weight and bring trajectory down. I play Steelfiber i110 "S" shafts in PW-3i and i95cw "S" in 2 iron and trajectory's are low-mid, similar to steel. However, if a high trajectory is needed I adjust setup and bam. That said, trajectory can vary depending on a persons swing and how he attacks the ball. lol. I have no problem holding greens with my long irons and ProV. The other day on a shortish Par 4, I hit 2 iron off the tee and 4i into a breeze to a tight angled green, stopped almost parallel 15' of pin.

My 620MB 7i is 35*, T200 7i is 30* and T100 is 34*. Sometimes jacked lofts have a derogatory effect, being the person using them spins the ball too much so they don't realize added distance. Also, his mechanics and the flex of graphite combined might be contributing to excessive spin.

  • Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, i110cw "S"
  • Titleist 620 CB&MB - 3i-PW, PX 5.5
  • SM6 F-52/8, PX 5.5
  • SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX
Link to post
Share on other sites

The T200 is a great iron. It was between this and the CNCPT02. I ended up with the latter.

Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, Pepperturbo said:

You don't mention what graphite shafts he went with?

IMO _ to realize a high trajectory with graphite, shafts must be light with soft tip section. Many graphite shafts today are made differently and include forms of steel to influence weight and bring trajectory down. I play Steelfiber i110 "S" shafts in PW-3i and i95cw "S" in 2 iron and trajectory's are low-mid, similar to steel. However, if a high trajectory is needed I adjust setup and bam. That said, trajectory can vary depending on a persons swing and how he attacks the ball. lol. I have no problem holding greens with my long irons and ProV. The other day on a shortish Par 4, I hit 2 iron off the tee and 4i into a breeze to a tight angled green, stopped almost parallel 15' of pin.

My 620MB 7i is 35*, T200 7i is 30* and T100 is 34*. Sometimes jacked lofts have a derogatory effect, being the person using them spins the ball too much so they don't realize added distance. Also, his mechanics and the flex of graphite combined might be contributing to excessive spin.

 

I play a T200/T100 combo with the Tensei AV White AM2 Graphite these are one of the few graphite shafts I have found that give me a mid to mid-high trajectory without having a soft tip section.  These run up to about 105g (they are ascending weight) and have a nice firm tip.  I really like them with the T200 head and am able to get a mid to mid-high trajectory with great dispersion.  These shaft are offered stock by Titleist.  I am not sure how they compare to MMT 105 except MMT is constant weight.  

Taylormade SIM Max, Attas 6
Taylormade SIM Max 3w, Lin-Q 7
Taylormade SIM 5w Lin-Q 7
Titleist U510 4i  Tensei White AM2
Titleist T200 5i - 7i / T100 8i - Pw Tensei White AM2
Vokey SM8 Raw 50F Modus 115
Vokey SM7 Raw 54F / 58S Modus 115
Ping PLD1
Titleist Pro V1x

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lbhitter said:

 

I play a T200/T100 combo with the Tensei AV White AM2 Graphite these are one of the few graphite shafts I have found that give me a mid to mid-high trajectory without having a soft tip section.  These run up to about 105g (they are ascending weight) and have a nice firm tip.  I really like them with the T200 head and am able to get a mid to mid-high trajectory with great dispersion.  These shaft are offered stock by Titleist.  I am not sure how they compare to MMT 105 except MMT is constant weight.  

 

I checked out MCA specs on those shafts, nice.  In aftermarket, a quick check shows they cost about the same as MMT, $600 for set.  Heaviest short iron is 108g and 2i is 90g.  I like the weight progression.

 

Curious, tips are not soft and shafts are high bend.  I take it your swing produces the high trajectory?

  • Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, i110cw "S"
  • Titleist 620 CB&MB - 3i-PW, PX 5.5
  • SM6 F-52/8, PX 5.5
  • SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Always wonder why the T200 doesn’t get talked up more. Of the irons in its category, it has a sole grind I really like and they look great. A touch longer in blade length but not a big deal. I’ve compared the profile vs other irons in stores a few times and I they look good. 

 

 

Wondering the same.....I saw them in person and certainly a midsized players distance iron.....really need to do more research into these

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Always wonder why the T200 doesn’t get talked up more. Of the irons in its category, it has a sole grind I really like and they look great. A touch longer in blade length but not a big deal. I’ve compared the profile vs other irons in stores a few times and I they look good. 

WELP! Found a set nwt on ebay for 550 less than stores have them.....4-gw with stock amt black r300....here we go!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 2:18 PM, Pepperturbo said:

 

I checked out MCA specs on those shafts, nice.  In aftermarket, a quick check shows they cost about the same as MMT, $600 for set.  Heaviest short iron is 108g and 2i is 90g.  I like the weight progression.

 

Curious, tips are not soft and shafts are high bend.  I take it your swing produces the high trajectory?

 

I don't think it is my swing producing the mid to mid-high trajectory.  Other similar shafts like SF i95 were great but caused me some trajectory issues.  I would have never even tried these shafts had I not looked at the Titleist Shaft Chart, which showed this shaft performing in the same Spin/Trajectory as Modus 105.  I really liked Modus 105 but have some arthritis and need graphite, so I gave them a try.  It also helped they were a no upcharge Titleist graphite shaft.  If find them to be tip stiff, but still get the same M-MH trajectory I used to get with Modus 105.  I love these shafts.  The T200 might be helping more than anything with trajectory, they seem to have no problem launching even with their strong lofts.  

Edited by lbhitter

Taylormade SIM Max, Attas 6
Taylormade SIM Max 3w, Lin-Q 7
Taylormade SIM 5w Lin-Q 7
Titleist U510 4i  Tensei White AM2
Titleist T200 5i - 7i / T100 8i - Pw Tensei White AM2
Vokey SM8 Raw 50F Modus 115
Vokey SM7 Raw 54F / 58S Modus 115
Ping PLD1
Titleist Pro V1x

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 1:33 PM, SwooshLT said:

 

How is the trajectory compared to SRIXON combo? Turf interaction? 

Six months later still love them but I did also like the Srixon combo.  The long and mid irons are about the same trajectory as the 585 and short irons will be a higher and more forgiving than the the 785. Although the V sole turf interaction is great I find the rather ordinary soles on the T200 just as good. 

  • Thanks 1

PXG Proto X+
Callaway Mavrik 15
Srixon H85 19 & 22
Titleist T200 5-GW
Titleist SM6 54 & 60
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sofla said:

Six months later still love them but I did also like the Srixon combo.  The long and mid irons are about the same trajectory as the 585 and short irons will be a higher and more forgiving than the the 785. Although the V sole turf interaction is great I find the rather ordinary soles on the T200 just as good. 

Yeah great to hear.....STILL love srixon combo ......just looking at something to change the sound/feel differential that 585 and 785 go through.....how does size present to you? I'm thinking closer than one would think....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Yeah great to hear.....STILL love srixon combo ......just looking at something to change the sound/feel differential that 585 and 785 go through.....how does size present to you? I'm thinking closer than one would think....

I love the shape. The T200 are almost like a combos. I haven't put them next to each other but I would guess the blade length on the T200 short irons (8-Gw) are the same size or smaller than the 785 but thicker. 

  • Thanks 1

PXG Proto X+
Callaway Mavrik 15
Srixon H85 19 & 22
Titleist T200 5-GW
Titleist SM6 54 & 60
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lbhitter said:

 

I don't think it is my swing producing the mid to mid-high trajectory.  Other similar shafts like SF i95 were great but caused me some trajectory issues.  I would have never even tried these shafts had I not looked at the Titleist Shaft Chart, which showed this shaft performing in the same Spin/Trajectory as Modus 105.  I really liked Modus 105 but have some arthritis and need graphite, so I gave them a try.  It also helped they were a no upcharge Titleist graphite shaft.  If find them to be tip stiff, but still get the same M-MH trajectory I used to get with Modus 105.  I love these shafts.  The T200 might be helping more than anything with trajectory, they seem to have no problem launching even with their strong lofts.  

OK - it's not your swing, then it's your release.  I own both i110 and i95 shafts and my swing produces a higher trajectory with the former as opposed to the latter, 95, plus my irons have weaker lofts.  Good luck on finding the answer.

  • Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, i110cw "S"
  • Titleist 620 CB&MB - 3i-PW, PX 5.5
  • SM6 F-52/8, PX 5.5
  • SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 11:58 AM, SwooshLT said:

WELP! Found a set nwt on ebay for 550 less than stores have them.....4-gw with stock amt black r300....here we go!

 

Hopefully it was good pics and a good seller as there is fakes out there.  I have a set sitting in my garage from earlier this year that are fake heads.  Took the chance on them as there is the PP coverage.  Got my money back after a few weeks.  

 

I picked up a legit set a couple of weeks later and didn't like them at all.  Were very loud to both mine and a friends ears on the range, and he was gaming the AP3's at the time.

 

Edit:  Tried PM'ing you swoosh, but says you aren't accepting.  I'm sure all will be good, just take a look at them.

Edited by gwelfgulfer
  • Sad 1

SM 3.5 Bag:

TM Sim 10.5* w/ Ventus Black 6x Velocore

TM Sim 14* w/ Kai'Li 80X

Titleist TS3 19* w/ T1100 S

Ping I210 4-UW w/ Rifle 6.5 SSx1

Ping Glide 2.0 54 SS & 58 TS

Odyssey Tank Cruiser 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 1:33 PM, sofla said:

I love the shape. The T200 are almost like a combos. I haven't put them next to each other but I would guess the blade length on the T200 short irons (8-Gw) are the same size or smaller than the 785 but thicker. 

 

 

So when you liken the T200's to combos,  did you mean that the 4-7i with the max impact button plays differently than the short irons? Or do they have the undercut channel like the z585 ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...