Brooks Koepka compares Patrick Reed's bunker incident to Houston Astros' cheating

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

anyone else tired of Koepka yet?

There's nothing wrong with calling out cheating. It's really sad how far south the world of sports has gone.

He touched the sand, he was penalized. That event is over. But, you can be sure other players will keep an eye on him. I don't care what Brooks' opinion is on the matter.

There was this Decision:Decision 23-1/3 Assistance in Removing Large Loose Impediment

Q. May spectators, caddies, fellow-competitors, etc., assist a player in removing a large loose impediment?

A. Yes.

I believe this decision came about after Tiger had the boulder was moved, and that prior to that there was a similar decision about moving a part of a fallen tree.

Oh, and the Tiger's ball and boulder weren't in a hazard.

I am very disappointed in B.Koepka exhibiting the need to voice an egotistical opinion. He wasn't there next to PR to first hand see, kind of like too many people on social media, shallow social skills of an adolescent. He's getting too big for his britches. Regardless of Bk's golf accomplishments, he's lost my respect. It's sad to see apparently he never learned that the number of wins, a trophy or di** size doesn't define a mature man's character.
Could BK have mislaid his values or maybe his outrageous boo* flashing GF is having an unfavorable influence on his conduct. Whatever is behind him, trophy's and millions do not discount a disturbing need for him or others to gossip or seek attention over another persons mistakes or mishaps. I am sure my opinion mean's nothing in the scheme of things, except to me. Such behavior is NOT professional, and I am not alone saying people no longer give a squat what BK thinks and no longer following him on social media or elsewhere. @bscinstnct I can't imagine the PGA tour wants him talking like that with their LOGO making it appear his words represents the PGA tour, as well.

• Like 1
  • Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei AV White "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW - Tensei AV White "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 - Tensei AV White "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 Tensei AV White "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • Dash-ProV1x, AVX, ProV1

PReed dealt with the Ruling consequences at the time. What B.Koepka did and others have done since is NOT an equivalent to holding someone accountable. Com'on. NOT ONE OF his detractors was in a position to enforce any rule nor there to witness. Like trying a case, convicting and sending to prison then after he gets out, retrying the case in the media. For what? They just repeated what they heard or thought was seen on a blown up vid (I saw the vid.) I been an an athlete since HS, that's not calling anyone out. I call someone out, I get in their face, in real time.

• Like 2
  • SC CA Monterey

But is Cupcake really calling out PReed? Like, he is stepping up and protecting the integrity of the game? Or is he just playing along with a stupid "town hall" format to being with; answering a question which obviously is not even newsworthy? You want to hold someone accountable and protect the game, then step up and do it. You want to rile up Twitter, then sure, answer dumb questions with even dumber answers months after the fact.

Outside of betting with your buddies, the typical golfer doesn't play in any kind of competition that is serious enough or for enough money that people even care if rules are bent a bit. I would agree that any type of competition where either the money is large enough or it is a controlled event, for lack of a better term, the incidents of impropriety would be way small, but it's still gonna happen.

dealing with a ruling consequence like OB, or hazard, ball moving at address are a lot different than what Reed did IMO. Thats what it is my opinion. I don't know for sure his intent, but I think he knew what he was doing. I could be wrong, and I would have worded it different if I were Brooks, but to each their own. Reeds actions will hover over him a lot longer than most infractions. Kutcher certainly didn't break any rules or cheat but his actions showed what kind of guy he is. And I am certainly not a fan just because after backlash he tried to make it right. My opinions could change in future, I used to not like Phil. But after reading about him paying for college for Conrad Doblers kids, and they way he treats staff at tournaments I became one. Hard to be a Reed fan at this point for me. I haven't seen or read anything that resembles a decent human being. But he can certainly play golf, I admit that. And to compete and win with all the negativity around him he does have ice in his veins.

I would not.

But Brandel might ; )

I think TW looked bad on this one,

As far as PR, I’m in the camp that:

I think he knowingly cheated. Along with other tour pros and most people with eyes, lolThis does not mean I didn’t enjoy seeing him play clutch and win. I hope he keeps his nose clean.BK got beyotch slapped ; )

Overall, I think you’d be hard pressed to find a pro who never did anything questionable. Ranging from flat out foot wedge to letting a wedge sit a little heavy behind their ball in the rough.

”The main thing about money, Bud, is that it makes you do things you don't want to do.” - Lou Mannheim

I am still not convinced Reed cheated...yes the video may look compelling from that angle, but as I have said, he knew there was a camera on him. I can't imagine anyone blatantly cheating knowing they are being scrutinized.

Yes, he may not be the most popular player, lol, but I enjoy watching him play. There is a grit and determination there you don't see in a lot of other players. And, to win a WGC during the Koepka/Kostis kerfuffle is even more impressive. I know I couldn't compartmentalize myself that way.

The problem going forward will be that no matter what Reed does it will look wrong in the eyes of many golf fans...for example, that video posted earlier of the way he marked his ball. There are those who are convinced Reed is a conniving cheater and nothing will sway them of that opinion.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here, as I don't believe he, or anyone, would cheat while under observation. Those that are convinced he cheated undoubtedly think I am wrong, which is fine as this is after all just my opinion.

Has anyone mentioned that The Almighty Brooks Koepka admits to "being guility of it too" when talking about fluffing lies. He should shut his pie hole, imo.

Sometimes honesty is refreshing, but sometimes it's forced and contrived because you haven't been the recipient of the press that you think you deserve, which is what I believe is part of what's happening here.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

How old are you? I never cheated in a tournament, period. Yep, I have bumped the ball in casual rounds but who the hell gives a damn about that as long as I am not in a tournament and my actions affect no others. Oops someone like you cares. Yet, you have NO influence or importance on much of anything. Do I care what a younster like you thinks? Like P.Reed, NOT in the least.

• SC CA Monterey

Thanks. LOL - I know who Chachi is, and he's pushing 60 today. It's a shame someone that age is only ever brave talker on social media...

• Like 1
  • SC CA Monterey

The fact that people think that a 8 time winner on tour including a freaking masters, ryder cup hero with 30 million in earnings would throw it all away for a mickey mouse exhibition tournament in the bahamas is insane. he had a brain fart in the heat of the moment and was penalized for it.People need to get over it. Like everything in todays society its always about feelings...

• Like 1

I think this is exactly what some find disturbing about, PR.

Hes so good, why, if he does, cheat?

Accusations by team mates of cheating and stealing.

Here is Kisner,

"They all hate him — any guys that were on the team with him (at Georgia) hate him and that’s the same way at Augusta," Kisner said. "I don’t know that they’d piss on him if he was on fire, to tell you the truth."

You wonder, to inspire such vile, is this just clique behavior or what’s the truth?

It speaks to your thesis,

“The fact that people think that a 8 time winner on tour including a freaking masters, ryder cup hero with 30 million in earnings would throw it all away for a mickey mouse exhibition tournament in the bahamas is insane.”

And so, given the background on him, people may wonder if he is an inherent cheater, like a sociopath, who can’t resist? Or, as you say, no way, misunderstood.

I think he cheated with the sand thing. But I was rooting for him to win last Sunday. Why? I don’t know, lol. I guess I realized long ago that people are flawed, many deeply flawed. I’m inclined to just see how he writes his own story going forward.

• Like 1