Help Me With My Scotty........

eightmilebend

I have a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 which I thought was an Oil Can but I think it is not because most of the Oil Can Newports I see do not have the stamping like this one . Here are some pictures.....Any help on restoration or info on the putter will help i.e. 1997, 1996, 1998 or something like that ! I have had this putter for about 5 years and I love it. The feedback is incredible !! I think it is a "GunBlue" that has just turned a nice patina !!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like one of these. If the original grip is still on, you can use that to determine. Click on 'grip' above the thumbnails.

http://www.scottycameron.com/products/putt...ails.asp?id=130

http://www.scottycameron.com/products/putt...ails.asp?id=146

69179[/snapback]

I have looked at Scotty's site but they dont show the face of the putter, most of the Oil Can's I see have the "Newport 2" with the crown stamped on the face, not the " Scotty Cameron" that I have. No, I dont have the original grip, I use the Winn oversize grip....It doesn't even have a shaft band , it didnt have it when I bought it !

it is a gun blue 1995/96. An oil can would "Art of Putters" engraved on the sole and on the face it would have Newport Two where Scotty Cameron is engraved.

jay

69185[/snapback]

Thanks for the info ! If you sent this putter to Scotty, what would be your recommendation to have him do because I want to have it refinished ! Thanks for the info ahead of time.....HELP !!!

OH, 1 mo' thing ! Will Scotty add milling to the face if I ask for it ?

it is a gun blue 1995/96. An oil can would "Art of Putters" engraved on the sole and on the face it would have Newport Two where Scotty Cameron is engraved.

jay

69185[/snapback]

Thanks for the info ! If you sent this putter to Scotty, what would be your recommendation to have him do because I want to have it refinished ! Thanks for the info ahead of time.....HELP !!!

OH, 1 mo' thing ! Will Scotty add milling to the face if I ask for it ?

69186[/snapback]

I am a traditionalist, have it restored to original status.

jay

Am I the only one who thinks that it looks lovely as it is.??? ..... Ok it's worn, but it looks like it's been used, but not abused....there's no major dings that would annoy....

To me, it looks like a much loved but well cared for original....I'd keep it that way, maybe put a new Scotty grip on it and maybe a new headcover to pimp it up, but that's all

Am I the only one who thinks that it looks lovely as it is.??? ..... Ok it's worn, but it looks like it's been used, but not abused....there's no major dings that would annoy....

To me, it looks like a much loved but well cared for original....I'd keep it that way, maybe put a new Scotty grip on it and maybe a new headcover to pimp it up, but that's all

69204[/snapback]

Thanks Corky, I have tried to take care of this beauty because it is such an awesome feeling putter . I might just take your advice because it is cinstantly oiled and pampered...My wife doesn't understand why I take such care of my putter but she doesn't understand how many skin games and and blitzes I have won with this thing !

That putter is perfect the way it is. The rusty look is perfect. All the rust is uniformed and no dings. Most tour pros love this look. Its hard to make it look that good.

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

scotty did make a few oil cans with those stampings. ive seen a few like those before. id send it back and have it restore to original... they'll put the oil can finish back on it.

69370[/snapback]

It's NOT an oil can, it is 100% for sure a gun blue finished putter :tongue:

As for the mill marks, the gun blue series putters all had VERY fine mill marks when they were new. Nothing like some of tour cammies with super deep mill marks. If you send the putter back, they will re-mill the so you have mill marks again. It isnt something you need to request, they just do it. Hope this helps,

Steve :help:

scotty did make a few oil cans with those stampings. ive seen a few like those before. id send it back and have it restore to original... they'll put the oil can finish back on it.

69370[/snapback]

It's NOT an oil can, it is 100% for sure a gun blue finished putter :tongue:

As for the mill marks, the gun blue series putters all had VERY fine mill marks when they were new. Nothing like some of tour cammies with super deep mill marks. If you send the putter back, they will re-mill the so you have mill marks again. It isnt something you need to request, they just do it. Hope this helps,

Steve :help:

69462[/snapback]

Thanks Everybody for the help and comments !

Happy Holidays and May God Bless Everybody !