2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Nike Footwear 2020 (NO BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS)

17 hours ago, mci711 said:

So with the Masters about over there were officially zero players to wear one of the terrible Masters edition shoes, correct? Unless I missed something. Considering the terrible stuff Nike makes these guys wear, that is pretty telling. 

Judging by the otherwise horrible scripting and colors (my opinion to be fair) they scrapped the masters scripting and shoes for the players all together and had them wear the British Open scripting. All of the colors they wore this week were in the catalog for the British iirc and so perhaps they thought it would be the best way of moving inventory? No idea.

I’ve never seen people complain about resale prices on shoes more than people on this thread. Don’t want to pay resale then you have two options 1) got your computer at 10am to buy the shoes or 2) buy the gr colourway. 

the Nike golf drops are so easy to get so you only have yourself to blame. I’ve lined up at local skate shop 4 days this week hoping for a recent sb drop that they just weren’t lucky enough to receive. If I want that pair I have to pay 4-5x retail. That’s just the way it goes. You win some you lose some. The chances of you getting that 1 pair of limited sneakers you really like is almost impossible. People grind every day trying to get stuff they want and fail more often than they win. 

here is a screen grab if my SNS raffle history. And there are dozens more, loss after loss. On this one “your name wasn’t drawn”. 

4153EBCF-D5F5-4CB6-9589-787793AB1E1E.png

18 minutes ago, bostonbrahmin said:

Judging by the otherwise horrible scripting and colors (my opinion to be fair) they scrapped the masters scripting and shoes for the players all together and had them wear the British Open scripting. All of the colors they wore this week were in the catalog for the British iirc and so perhaps they thought it would be the best way of moving inventory? No idea.

I found it odd the fearless together pack didn’t include the roshe or Jordan 5s. Not that I would purchase either one. I don’t wear basketball shoes for playing golf and the roshe don’t fit my eye. 

7 minutes ago, LongStaff said:

I found it odd the fearless together pack didn’t include the roshe or Jordan 5s. Not that I would purchase either one. I don’t wear basketball shoes for playing golf and the roshe don’t fit my eye. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them. 😉

38 minutes ago, caloge said:

I’ve never seen people complain about resale prices on shoes more than people on this thread. Don’t want to pay resale then you have two options 1) got your computer at 10am to buy the shoes or 2) buy the gr colourway. 

the Nike golf drops are so easy to get so you only have yourself to blame. I’ve lined up at local skate shop 4 days this week hoping for a recent sb drop that they just weren’t lucky enough to receive. If I want that pair I have to pay 4-5x retail. That’s just the way it goes. You win some you lose some. The chances of you getting that 1 pair of limited sneakers you really like is almost impossible. People grind every day trying to get stuff they want and fail more often than they win. 

here is a screen grab if my SNS raffle history. And there are dozens more, loss after loss. On this one “your name wasn’t drawn”. 

Wasn’t complaining, I blew it thought the release different time from what sneaker news said.....

Ive been into shoes my whole life so I know the feeling of taking plenty L’s on release day mornings. 

Edited by Gobe3

9 hours ago, amateur pro said:

upset you missed out? own up to what i am doing...ok. i took the time to order two sizes as QA with these have been known to be subpar. i own 2 other VTs, one an 11.5 and one a 12. bought all of these because i like the look and there is no other way to try them on. i am keeping the 3 that fit me best. have you seen prices for these elsewhere? have you ever bought or sold on BST? i am expecting and planning for lowballers. 

not sure what your purpose is other than the desire to let people know you are annoyed, but there you go. let me know if you are interested in a pair that you missed, i am sure we can work something out. 

Man, not mad at ya for it, I get it. I just wasn’t expecting them to be going for that much but I have been checking the bay and I know that’s what they are askin. Of course I’m butthurt didn’t get a pair lol

10 hours ago, amateur pro said:

upset you missed out? own up to what i am doing...ok. i took the time to order two sizes as QA with these have been known to be subpar. i own 2 other VTs, one an 11.5 and one a 12. bought all of these because i like the look and there is no other way to try them on. i am keeping the 3 that fit me best. have you seen prices for these elsewhere? have you ever bought or sold on BST? i am expecting and planning for lowballers. 

not sure what your purpose is other than the desire to let people know you are annoyed, but there you go. let me know if you are interested in a pair that you missed, i am sure we can work something out. 

I didn't miss out? I posted the pic of mine the day after they released. I have every Nike shoe I have wanted the past year and can afford to buy them on Ebay or stockX if need be (The Korean/Euro release color Zits are the best). I think it is a fairly simple process though, I could have had a bunch of different orders placed and flipped them, I just don't think it is the right thing to do. The process should give other people a chance that can't afford aftermarket prices. I had multiple pairs of the US Open pack, I just didn't love how they looked in person. So I did something crazy and just sent them back 🤯. I don't know maybe that is my fault for thinking about others lol. I hope you make a couple bucks on your shoes though 👍 

Edited by mci711
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, caloge said:

This is a little different than someone going on and ordering 6 pairs and then selling half though right? You said it yourself and are 100% correct Nike release is pretty simple log on at 10 and buy them - maybe limit that to 2 or 3 pairs though.. Your example is like a limited draw it seems and you have to be lucky more than anything? I have no problem with reselling shoes, I buy shoes at a marked up cost all the time. But Nike just makes it a free for all for flippers, it is stupid. And the 60 day return makes it risk free.  

Edited by mci711
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mci711 said:

This is a little different than someone going on and ordering 6 pairs and then selling half though right? You said it yourself and are 100% correct Nike release is pretty simple log on at 10 and buy them - maybe limit that to 2 or 3 pairs though.. Your example is like a limited draw it seems and you have to be lucky more than anything? I have no problem with reselling shoes, I buy shoes at a marked up cost all the time. But Nike just makes it a free for all for flippers, it is stupid. And the 60 day return makes it risk free.  

Unfortunately, it isnt different, there are a lot of guys who score a bunch of pairs of just about every limited release, and many of us are left empty handed. For buyers looking to find things just to wear it can be frustrating. 

18 hours ago, iNeedMoreGolf said:

Do those say rather lucky than good? I dont get it? Shouldnt it be rather good than lucky? Im lost.

It's a fairly common saying across lots of hobbies/sports. I used to hear it all the time at the poker table. It might not be as common of a saying by the younger generations though. Either way, I'm not sure what it has to do with The Masters.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

On 11/13/2020 at 11:21 PM, evoviiiyou said:

Where the Green/White/yellow colorway like the TW 13/14? I can’t believe NG isn’t capitalizing in on this, I mean Tiger wins the masters last year and then all the time in the world and is back to defend and nothing special for him?!? Cray—-Zie! 

I am 100% with you.... as a lifeline Jordan/Tiger/Nike freak I was shocked; and yes I truly mean shocked that there wasn't SOMETHING done here....

Not only did they not release the TW 21 (which looks super solid as I loved the TW71) but not a single "PE" for Tiger worn (not even the Frank black pair with the tiger-striped swoosh).  It was almost bizarre, I thought.  Given everything Nike typically does (gold cleats, Kobe editions when he passed, etc).  Even if TW is superstitious as they all are, he was out of contention Sunday and had a perfect chance to drop a commemorative PE.  Heck, Nike didn't even need to sell them, but, man.....  

I mean, I am biased but TW's win in 19 was an iconic moment in sports.  Faldo said in the history of the game of golf.  Whether it was or not, it was close.

Scratching my head over here waiting on the TW21.

PS - I was able to nab the Masters Roshe with the kiltie/fringe over the tongue.  My first Nike spikes had them - SO COOL to throw it back.  They look awesome if anyone is on the fence.

Edited by mjbaker80
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:17 PM, JRS1939 said:

Or almost as if there is a worldwide pandemic and there is a massive shortage of stock 🤔 

I'm sure that had something to do with it. But most manufacturers seem to have caught up by now – much more complex push carts were totally sold out, yet they restarted production and got more shipped over here by summer's end. I'm sure Nike is even more capable of making up what they need and want. And as gobe3 said, golf equipment sales syrocketed because of the pandemic. Golf shoe sales were up like 200%. 

And I'd bet they're also working to control inventory, like one poster mentioned – by not over-producing, you don't have to discount to wholesalers and you don't devalue the retail price. Club manufacturers are doing this.

I'm saying that sales are prolly a better barometer of product success than whether pros wear them. Most pros won't consider spikeless, while regular golfers appreciate a shoe they can wear from home to course to lunch to home again – perfect for the non-golf-looking 270s.

Edited by bsoudi

1 hour ago, blink3665 said:

It's a fairly common saying across lots of hobbies/sports. I used to hear it all the time at the poker table. It might not be as common of a saying by the younger generations though. Either way, I'm not sure what it has to do with The Masters.

Specially those guys aint lucky they are great... so not sure either.  Just dont care for it on the shoe... say something like. If you cant putt-dont putt... What!?!?? Lmao

Received my fearless ZIT's last night and I have to say they are without a doubt the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn. Ordered them in the same size as my AMG1 that I am used to wearing. The AMG1 were tight at first, but broke in nicely. I've ordered some shoe stretchers for the ZIT, but doubt they will stretch enough to be comfortable enough to wear for 4+ hours at a time. I tried wearing the ZIT's around the house to see if I could get used to them, but could only last about 30 mins before my feet were asleep and in pain. 

Anyone else have this experience only to find that the shoes broke in and ended up working for them? 

42 minutes ago, HackZogan said:

Received my fearless ZIT's last night and I have to say they are without a doubt the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn. Ordered them in the same size as my AMG1 that I am used to wearing. The AMG1 were tight at first, but broke in nicely. I've ordered some shoe stretchers for the ZIT, but doubt they will stretch enough to be comfortable enough to wear for 4+ hours at a time. I tried wearing the ZIT's around the house to see if I could get used to them, but could only last about 30 mins before my feet were asleep and in pain. 

Anyone else have this experience only to find that the shoes broke in and ended up working for them? 

This thread is littered with those complaints...They're 💩 IMO!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HackZogan said:

I have found they do break in from walking the course. Although, my pinky toes always seem to start rubbing / barking around 17 

7 minutes ago, Sooner_Heath said:

It’s also littered by people like me that love them. They are narrow at first but after wearing them for a bit they are just fine. Very comfortable and really easy to keep clean. 

I own a black pair and a white pair. They are both very comfortable. But the white toes eventually get a permanent yellow stain. So easily keeping them clean is not true. Great shoe though!!

47 minutes ago, LongStaff said:

I own a black pair and a white pair. They are both very comfortable. But the white toes eventually get a permanent yellow stain. So easily keeping them clean is not true. Great shoe though!!

I think Nike has quality control issues. I have 7 or so pairs of Zits 2 of which I wore primarily for the year (probably 20-30 rounds each) and neither have a yellow stain at all and with a little scrub would look rather new.

I've also had no comfort issues on the majority of them. I did have to send a pair back because they made a strange noise when I walked and felt a little bit different than the others. I think it comes down to Nike just isn't the quality of shoe that a Footjoy is for example. 

29 minutes ago, mci711 said:

I think Nike has quality control issues. I have 7 or so pairs of Zits 2 of which I wore primarily for the year (probably 20-30 rounds each) and neither have a yellow stain at all and with a little scrub would look rather new.

I've also had no comfort issues on the majority of them. I did have to send a pair back because they made a strange noise when I walked and felt a little bit different than the others. I think it comes down to Nike just isn't the quality of shoe that a Footjoy is for example. 

you get a lot of golf in!

mine squeak when walking sometimes!

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

2 hours ago, Sooner_Heath said:

It’s also littered by people like me that love them. They are narrow at first but after wearing them for a bit they are just fine. Very comfortable and really easy to keep clean. 

I haven't given up on them yet. Actually just ordered a half size up today and plan on trying to stretch them if I still have fitment issues. Will max out my 30 day option to see if I can make them work for me. Luckily Nike has a generous return policy so that we can be sure we really want the shoes prior to making a decision. 

1 hour ago, mci711 said:

But Footjoys are more traditional as well

11 minutes ago, xneely said:

But Footjoys are more traditional as well

I prefer the looks of Nike shoes, though I do like FJ classic shoes. FJ also fit kind of weird for me, but I've never had any quality issues with them. But I tend to go for the more athletic shoe that Nike provides - their return policy is great so if I have any issues, which do happen, I can send them back no questions asked. 

Edited by mci711