Sell me on the heavenwood (7 wood loft with 4 wood lengths)

Semi-blindly picked up a Callaway Rogue Heavenwood from CPO last week based off of my fitting with the Mavrik Max Heavenwood. Wanted a club in between the 3 wood and 4 utility iron. Something that launches high and lands soft. Anyone have any experience with these?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of discussions in the past on Heavenwoods. I play one, but put a "spin" on it. I love the head size of the heavenwoods, in that they are noticeably larger than 7 wood heads, and even larger than 5 wood heads. I find them very confidence-inspiring.

Personally, I don't really buy into the 3 wood length shaft in a 20* lofted head, so I play my heavenwoods somewhere between 42-42.5". Thus, it sort of becomes a large, forgiving 5/7 wood for me, very easy to hit off the deck, and reliable off the tee. If I don't have adjustable weights, I use lead tape to get swing weight around D2-D3. Works very well for me. I will be giving the Mavrik Max 3/HW a try, but still enjoy the GBB Epics that I am currently using. YMMV.

Callaway Mavrik Max 9* Driver, Kuro Kage Silver TINI 60 R
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 5 and Epic Flash 7 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M3
Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
Wilson Staff C300 Forged Irons 5-GW, KBS Tour 105 S
PXG 0311 SW (54*/14) and LW (58*/12), TT Elevate Tour S
Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

I have a Rogue 7 wood at 42.25 inches and love it. Very easy to hit off the deck and great from the tee. The rogue fairways are fantastic.

Callaway Mavrik Rogue 130 white 60x
Callaway Mini 1.5 Rogue 130 white 70s 
Callaway Mavrik 5w Fujikura Pro 2.0 
Callaway Apex cf19 4-PW Project X LZ
Callaway Jaws MD5 Raw 50S, 54X Vokey WW 58V
Compass Golf Custom Flow neck

I have a 7 wood and love it. Bought in the beginning of last season and its so useful. Had a hybrid before but the 7 wood is much more stable, easy to launch and stopping quick on greens. I use a 17 degree wood as well and then a 4 iron, the 7 wood tightens the gap nicely. Maybe not the perfect club into wind if you have trouble with hitting really low shots.

They really are topnotch. I also skipped the Heavenwood and went for the Rogue 7 wood. Didn’t feel like I needed the longer shaft. For me the Rogue and Titleist 915/917 were the best 7 woods. My Rogue has a Diamana DF 80 gram stiff shaft in it and that lowers launch and makes it a weapon in any conditions. On short par 4’s it’s great off the tee. Has replaced any thought of a hybrid. You see 7 woods on Tour these days and a bunch on the Champions Tour. They fly as far as 5 woods used to fly.

Love my rogue heavenwood! I play a 16.5 “high launch” 3 wood (I.e. 4 wood) and a 22 hybrid. In fittings I hit 3 and 4 hybrids the same distance, so that made no sense to carry both. And my 4 wood is so close to a modern 5 wood loft that it also made no sense to carry both. The heavenwood is a sweet club. Flies high and far. Perfect club for my gaps. M

its worth testing the heavenwood and a 7 wood for distance gaps. The heavenwood is a degree or so stronger I think, and with the longer shaft, they will go different distances.

I’ll try and hit it this weekend on my SkyTrak and report back. This is really a weird club: 3 or 4 wood sized head with 7 wood loft and 5 wood length. Bought an average condition from CPO with a real Evenflow Blue 75 stiff for $85. This could be a great compliment to my low-launching lasers 4 utility iron.

PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless