2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Brooks sounding off again

tsecor

Pat Perez also hasn't accomplished 1/10th of what BK has on the professional circuit. He isn't the polarizing figure that BK is, so of course there isn't the reaction when he makes a controversial comment.

I'll leave it at this: I just think that there are other problems on the PGA tour that are more worthy of being condemned than whatever *insert controversial BK comment here* that hits the airwaves every week. And my overall point is that guys like Reed aren't getting near the hate for CHEATING, while we have guys in this thread literally saying they "hate" BK for no reason other than they are tired of hearing his takes. All because he said something someone didn't like. The game of golf isn't going anywhere, isn't getting worse, isn't getting better because of what comes out of BK's mouth. So to act like he's condemning the game to hell forever by giving his opinion, right or wrong, is something that I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around. Tiger drops F-bombs and GDs left and right on the course and not a word about how he's "not a good role model" "disrespecting the game". Cheated on his wife that he had 2 kids with. But we just conveniently ignore all of that, me included. Tiger is my favorite athlete of all time but the guy had some serious morality issues. All of that in my opinion is much worse for the game than BK saying "I don't like the CC elite". If he is going to end up without friends and no one liking him, then why is it such an issue?

• Like 1

I think one person literally said that...and it might have been dripping with sarcasm. Not gonna reread the thread to check. :)
I certainly hope that peeps don’t hate him for the things that he says.@tipuga93 while we have guys in this thread literally saying they "hate" BK for no reason other than they are tired of hearing his takes

Who loves braincramp52 more than braincramp52 ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Multiple times cheater? Last I checked it was once. And speaking of a scary society I agree, fake news, is where our society issues start and should be rectified. The theft you are referencing never officially was a charge was it? From what I understand, more than likely alcohol was the cause of dismissal.

So you see our society has become one which we report (unfortunately mostly fake/bad) news and than form a rather harsh opinion in most cases. And most of this is done thru social media, with little to no consequences. So let’s talk my friend...

I am not particularly a Reed fan either way but my original point I was making was Brooks shut up and play golf! Can you imagine Hogan, Snead, Nicklaus etc. voicing such opinions/statements?

• Like 1

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

Yeah, I get what he's saying, and there are plenty of stuffy clubs all over the world. I think he's pointing to people's perceptions that he thinks golf is only country clubs. I think most golfers or even people who want to get into golf realize that isn't the case, and never really has been. The stuffy country club is just a stereotype that he's falling for. Most people I know, just play golf cuz they love it. Stuffy country clubs are a status symbol, and doesn't necessarily mean those members love golf (like we do). Some may, but some probably don't. It's not like he's saying something new. There's Top Golf, a much younger version of the game which isn't really golf but whatever, it's swinging a club. And there are other ways to play golf (muni's, simulators, driving ranges, 3 hole courses) that aren't stuffy at all. I think you can respect the game and try to change it at the same time. Thing is with golf, it'll never be as accessible as many other sports because a course is too expensive to maintain, takes up too much land, and takes a lot of time to play and practice. Those are just facts that get in the way more than any stuff country club will do.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

There's nothing wrong with BK saying what he believes, but after a while it becomes tiresome. It's becoming like that one person in your office that no matter how good things are going has something negative to harp on because everything isn't going completely their way. His approach is to call things out and be combative rather than try to find a common ground to fix things. It rings hollow for somebody to be so successful and at the top of the game and have benefited so greatly from it, only to have every soundbite from them be something less than positive about the game and more often than not emphasizes the negative. After a while you have to wonder if he really has a desire to fix things or just wants to play the bully and tell people what's wrong with them. It's funny, I used to look at Brooks and DJ as buddies and think how it would be better for DJ if he were a little more outspoken like BK, now I'm starting to appreciate DJ for only talking when needed.

Which Boo comments are you referencing? The one where he didn't like the new schedule because it doesn't allow for more time for fishing, or his numerous press conference answers of how he loves fishing? He was pretty consistent over a pretty long period of time with his answers in how much he loves fishing and hunting, nothing to rail against golf. Boo's comments on hunting and fishing vs golf were nothing negative against golf or any person or golf sub-culture personally, it's just his preference because he loves those things. He too was considered a breath of fresh air but he didn't do it in a negative way. I can't recall the exact comments but I don't remember him going off on a tangent and calling golf boring either, nor was that his intent. The intent of Boo's comments was to emphasize how much he loved doing that, not to negatively comment on golf, unlike BK's comments. How do you question others' attitudes and approach in light of growing the game in one sentence and call it boring in another? It doesn't make golf fans feel great to be called nerds either; that kind of talk brings me back to my youth in the pre-Tiger golf days when golf wasn't cool and golfers in general were often looked at as nerds. Taking us back 20+ years isn't growing the game.

• Like 1

exactly. What golfer does a GQ interview anyway? What’s next ? Red book or jet ?

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Ouch! Sorry, got a little man crush goin' on with Brooks do we?

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

That’s turrible too. But at least tiger looks respectable.

did tiger say anything about golf sucking and being a real athlete trapped in the game of golf? Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Your translation/interpretation of Brooks' words is insane. He simply didn't say what you claim. The meltdown over his comments is ludicrous.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

He’s said it more than once. Insinuating he’d rather be playing baseball.

it’s not a meltdown. But more of a recognition for what some of us have been pointing out for a couple years. He’s finally outed himself. It’s like shallow hal. Some of us could see him for what he was before. And now everyone can.

yesterday’s interview, He just has the eat shit Look on his face. Very smug. Very bullyish. Like the kid in class in the back of the room who dares the teacher to call on him. So he can then disrupt the class. I just don’t see how he resonates as a positive face for the game at all. Everything about the guy is negativity. It’s different. It’s not a determinant focus like tiger was. It’s just a bad attitude masking mental weakness in my opinion. It’s his way of supplanting his insecurities. A cover if you will.

“ I don’t care. I don’t want attention , this game is old and stuffy. ....... hey. Why aren’t you talking to me ...i want to be great .... hey. Look. It’s me. Over here....”.

do you think all these interviews and comments are coincidental? As in he’s slipping fast out of the top 5 in the world. This is a ploy to stay relevant.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

It's seems unfair to go with the worst possible interpretation of someone words in order to bash them. Plus your feelings based on his face is something he can't control. A few things I read in the article I really didn't like or agree with but this whole reaction thread thing is crazy.

His first love is baseball, big deal, he explicitly said he loves golf.

“I like the fact that I learn something every time I play. You can go mess around and find some new shot. No matter what you do, you're never going to have the same shot again. You could have the same yardage, but it's never going to be the same wind. Even if you put the pin location in the same hole, the exact hole location, and I went out and hit a ball and a month later came back and literally put it in the grass in the same divot and the pin was in the same spot, it'd be a different shot. And I always think that that's just so cool."

"I just think people confuse all this for me not loving the game. I love the game. I absolutely love the game." https://www.gq.com/story/brooks-koepka-profile-2020 GQ.com

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

I hear you.

no doubt he rubs me wrong and that closes my mind off to anything he says. I will say that I’ve tried several times to like the guy. As a player even. And he always changes my mind back. But hey. Different strokes.

I will close with this. I have historically been critical of Rory for wasting his talent. But Brooks has turned me into a legitimate Rory fan.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Yep. That Thong moment and the obvious “shut up woman” attitude I’ve seen him give his girlfriend is what turned me off For good. Twice I’ve seen him either dismiss her or shove her to the side after a win when cameras are following him to scoring. I say that as the farthest thing from a feminist you can find. I just find that what people will do in public is usually nothing compared to private. But it’s a good barometer if you can scale it properly. Just a body language and interaction observation. It’s a habit of mine.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If you asked me in an interview about my job, my answer would be, "I'm good at statistics. I'd rather be a poet but the stats pays well. I don't need to practice too much. I don't want to be friends with the people I work with. They're all friends with each other, but I have friends outside of work who I talk about things other than work with."

"Oh, and while there's a mic in my face. . .I love golf and I belong to a country club, but I'm on the same page, politically, with about 2% of them and if I had my way, the club would be a lot more laid back, and we could smoke weed on the patio and I don't care if people wore cargo shorts and if I had a guest, he could just show up and hang out. But, it's still better than a muni for many other reasons I value. You want to hear about those reasons? No, because it's boring? OK."

That's basically what Brooks said. And I totally get it. And it doesn't read as arrogant to me. And it doesn't read as him trying to cultivate an image or keep himself relevant. It sounds like a guy who doesn't think like most other pros, and that's why he's a better interview than most of them.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Actually. .. an issue with how Brooks appears to treat his girlfriend in a 2 second video clip when he's walking to the scoring tent after finishing off a tournament.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green