Experience with Dynacraft Bench Ruler?

Anyone have experience with this ruler? Is it easy to use? I noticed it doesnt look like it bends at 60 degrees? I could be wrong though?

Is this still a good ruler to measure golf club lengths? The next cheapest one I see is around 80 dollars from golfworks and dont want to pay that amount :)https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BOH1O84/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I just created my own. 2 blocks of wood. 1 with the ruler. 1 with a piece of wood at 60 degrees to place the club down.

I have this ruler and it works fine. The key is to have the shaft line up with the mark in the middle. If you have a club with a known length you can get a feel for where to place the club to get an accurate reading.

SIM 10.5* Ventus Blue Velocore 6s
SIM 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 7x
SLDR 17* Matrix Black Tie S
HMB 4&5, MP20 6-P Modus 125x
T20 50, 55, 60 Modus 125x
Spider X

I always line it up on the line and compare to clubs with known lengths. Variance in length might be 1/8” but doesn’t affect playability. If that concerns you then you should probably pony up and get a better ruler and have peace of mind.

SIM 10.5* Ventus Blue Velocore 6s
SIM 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 7x
SLDR 17* Matrix Black Tie S
HMB 4&5, MP20 6-P Modus 125x
T20 50, 55, 60 Modus 125x
Spider X

I bought this one and use a protractor to set the lie angle

https://www.golfworks.com/exact-measure-tool/p/tmr/?

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

• 1 month later...

The design of the Dynacraft looks identical to the plate Mitchell sells, aside from the size and it lacking 2 posts to guide the club. The Mitchell measures based on the 60* rule, and places the club in the middle of the ruler.

I'm thinking of ordering the dynacraft and then drawing a channel on the ruler that will line the hosel/shaft in the center. And if the butt end is centered it should be an accurate reading.

That's pretty much what I did. I got an iron lined up and made a mark on either side of the hosel so at least I am putting all of them in a consistent spot. I've been using this ruler for a few years and have no complaints. It might not be the best but I am just a hobby builder, not a professional, so it gets the job done for me.

The only thing you have to pay attention to is whether it is set for clubs or putters. When the ruler is inside the U, it's set for clubs...and reversed for putters. I have made the mistake more than once of not moving it back after a putter build and ending up like an inch short on a wedge ?‍♂️ Purely user error but something to avoid.

GTM33LKI1H28.jpg

DUNK01AQKU06.jpg

The way you place the putter on the ruler looks wrong, but it might be the photo.

Putters shall have the point where the shaft would have come out on point Zero on the ruler, so we must make a imaginary extension of the shaft so it ends at the sole, and align that point with point zero on the ruler

If you place the ruler with the sole against the pins, your return values becomes longer than how putters are measured (USGA standard)

That picture is a screenshot from the instructional video on Hirekos site. I've used it for years and it has always been accurate compared to the Camerons I have had delivered straight from Titleist. But when the putter is aligned correctly, the shaft would be on a straight line, so it could just be an odd angle.

I have the same one, i cut a 2x4 at 60* angle as well and use it for the backstop. Fool proof

• G410 LST 9* - Diamana D+ Limited 70TX
  • TM SIM Ti 14.25* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X
  • TM M5 Ti 18.25* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X
  • Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype 23* - KBS Proto Hybrid 85X
  • Adams CMB/MB2 5-Pw - PX LZ 6.5 
  • Wilson FG Tour V4 50* - PX LZ 6.5 
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • Cobra Tour Raw 60.08V - DG TI Onyx S400
  • Odyssey Rossie WHP
  • Bridgestone Tour B XS