Excuses for being a dirty SANDBAGGER!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never heard of someone giving an excuse for posting good rounds, but the vanity cappers have a bunch of them.  

I’ve never seen this actually happen before, but my foursome started looking at me funny after my 40th putt of the round for a gross 83. ”Greens were brutal!”

We used to have a guy like that before they implemented that you could not post a score when playing by yourself. He was a 1-3 handicap, and would routinely post scores in the 80s during the week when playing by himself, and then always shot 68-76 on the weekends in the money games. That got shutdown pretty quickly....

In one of the clubs in which I belong - we are talking having a Our Club only competition handicap for our events. We would capture all our event scores using Golf Genius -- figure everyone handicap based on scores posted at our club only. So we would not care what they do at other courses or recreational rounds. This all because of one guy who joined LAST YEAR.

Yeah, this guy has been accused of doing this for 30 years (I'm only 32 years old). He's so worried about losing his $5 Nassau that he would just sandbag his scores during the week to get his handicap right for the weekend rounds for our points style dogfight. Really a shame. For me, my handicap is a personal pride thing where I post every score and my end goal is to get it as low as possible.

Not that a -8 net isn't an exceptional round but what was his differential for the round ?

That's what really determines an "exceptional score".

We had a regular at our club some 20 years ago that was a 13. He played almost every Sunday and we knew his handicap was legit. One Sunday he shot an even par round. Kind of unbelievable. He never approached anything near that again.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Adams A12 Idea Pro hybrid, 16*, Aldila 85 VS Proto Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

LMAO

What about substituting "open heart surgery" for "coronavirus" ? Would that work ? LOL

I happen to be in that exact situation right now. My 1st 20 rounds when I started up again almost doubled my handicap, 5.1 to a high of 9.3. I may have been the first ever under the new WHS to have the soft cap applied.

Now I'm getting much stronger and my 'cap is dropping almost every time I play (currently 7.5).

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Just curious. When the 10 & 12 are partners, what percentage of the time would you say they win ?

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300