• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker but figured I’d chime in given that I’ve seen the new 921’s. Hopefully this helps with the speculation and doesn’t get anyone in trouble No pics unfortunately, the rep asked that I

*Courtesy of Bryangolf via IG*

The JPX 921 forged will have the biggest changes of the clubs in the JPX line! IMO, all for the better!

Posted Images

Played them for about 9 months now. Absolutely love them paired with the Modus 120. I didn't adjust the lofts in any way. They really suit my eye, forgiving and accurate. Very tight on front to back dispersion, even on slight mishits. For reference I hit my standard 7 iron ~170 yards amd I'm very happy with the ball flight/spin. It would be a tough choice between the 919T and MMC if they both had the Modus. PX LZ in the 919T.

G400
917 F2
i25 5w
4-P MMC MP 20
SM7 52F 56F 60D
Rossie

Titleist TS3 Driver 9.5* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TS3 Fairway 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5 KBS Tour C-Taper X
Mizuno MP 18 SC 6-9 KBS Tour C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw 46*, 51*, 56* & 61* KBS Tour C-Taper X
SeeMore Nashville z3c Black Mallet
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Yes. They are much cleaner looking than previous. Straighter lines less offset. The hot metals are bigger over all and higher moi.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I was cautiously interested in the 921T in terms of adding a little more forgiveness while keeping the work ability I need. However, I don't like the design and the soles look GI to me from the pictures. Maybe its just the angle.

I'm going to very cautiously agree with the other posters whose first impressions of the 921 tours were that it looked 'Pingish' as I had exactly the same reaction - obviously this is just one photo which can be misleading. I don't think the custom colour text helps either!

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5 Proforce v2 70g x stiff

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15 Proforce v2 80g x stiff

Hybrid- Titleist 910h 19 Motore Speeder Tour Issue 8.8 stiff

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW KBS Tour stiff

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG wedge flex

Putter - Yes! Callie (most the time)

Ball - Titleist Pro v 1

I wouldn’t want to see the HMP’s to be any larger and they were already clean looking to begin with. The only thing I wished the HMP 919’s has was a “true” gap wedge, not that rounded big faced wedge that really wasn’t truly part of the set.

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red

Ty for feedback. Yeah im experiencing the same. Got them in s taper 120 and theyre awsome. I toed a 6 iron... probably one of the worst off the toe shots as far as the face showing me with ball mark ive ever hit... you wouldnt believe the ball was on the green and a normal nice flight all the way there.. not to mention was as soft as a diaper on feel. Yes i have kids hence the diaper comment. Forgiveness is outstanding for this iron. Hot metal pro 921 sounds intresting.. but im done for now ?

I am guessing over the next few week. In about 2-3 weeks stores should start getting fitting heads.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

No personal knowledge, but I highly doubt they will have any hollow bodies this time around. Just too expensive to make that your entry level club, they need to stay competitive with Ping, Callaway, TM, etc at $115 / club. I would like to see them do a GI hollow body at some point like Ping has with the G410 & G710 at different price points.

Not sure, but if you play around with the iron selector tool on their site it can probably get you an idea. I put in a 10 handicap and it offered up standard HM as the "more help" option and HMB as the "more workability" option. If you tell it you're a 7 handicap the "more help" option is HMB.

So if I had to guess, I'd say upper single digit handicap is whom they are targetting.

Someone smarter than me please help me out. I currently have MP64’s - yeah I don’t switch irons often. Before that MP67’s for multiple years. What would be the current replacement for MP64’s? Would it be the MP20 MMC or the 921T? On the forgiveness scale would the 921T be a bit more forgiving? Or am I super confused?

The new wedges are a completely new design and I hear the only finish will be black finish like on the S18 wedges.

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

You could go MMC or 921T and get more forgiveness.

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

I was really nervous to see the pictures of the 921 tours drop, however, I'm now relieved because the 919T's are safely in the bag. For me, the 919T's are probably one of the best looking and cleanest irons on the market. I'm hoping it's true what others said, and the pictures don't do these justice. But to me they look like they fall somewhere between the 919T's and 919F's without the speedslot behind the face.

They just look like the 919T's fat sister. I mean, if that's the case, it would sort of make sense. The JPX line is mostly designed to be the "forgiving" line while the MP is the "players" line. There's a lot of overlap between the 900/919T's and the MP18/MP20's to be honest. Maybe they are making these a little larger with a little more cavity so they would fall somewhere between the MP20 and the MP20 MMC? I mean, that would make sense for the line. Sort of their version of the Titleist 716 CB model that sits right between the 716MB and the AP100 multi material.

This is all just worthless speculation from a guy that knows nothing. They just look clunky to me in this photo. I do like that they are offering the SEL combo set. But i'm still loving everything about my 919T's and they appear to be very safe for the time being. That'll all likely change when I see them in person and force me to come back and delete this post, lol.

Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper