I'm aware I can custom order anything they offer, but I just think it is weird that they are offering two different shafts as "stock" depending on which flex you pick. Both of those shafts are offered in regular and stiff so I find it surprising that they changed stock shafts based on flex. All 3 of the other models all use the same stock shaft regardless of flex.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker but figured I’d chime in given that I’ve seen the new 921’s. Hopefully this helps with the speculation and doesn’t get anyone in trouble No pics unfortunately, the rep asked that I

*Courtesy of Bryangolf via IG*

The JPX 921 forged will have the biggest changes of the clubs in the JPX line! IMO, all for the better!

Posted Images

I'm all over these tours up to the 6i. Will have to figure out 4 & 5 iron.

Titleist TS3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2

Titleist TS3 15* Diamana S+ ltd Blueboard 70s tipped 1"

Titleist U500 2i Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 hb

Callaway Apex Pro Double Dot 4-pw Accra i steel 125

Vokey Raw SM8 50F, 54S, 58S (custom grind) Nippon Modus 125 wedge

Cushman Custom C&C 1.0 Raw Carbon KBS CT Tour Matte Black, Golf Pride Pro Only Red * or

Mizuno M Craft Type 1 Satin  Stability Tour Shaft, Golf Pride Pro Only Green*

Bridgestone Tour B XS

Not sure where you got the 38” for the 6 iron from but I’m seeing 37.5” for the 6 iron.

Taylormade M5 TI 8° Fujikura Motore F1 7X WRX issue 
Taylormade M1 2017 TI 15.5° 3HL Kuro Kage XD 80TX
Taylormade GAPR Lo TI bonded 18 2 iron Tour AD 95X
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW Black KBS $taper 130X
Vokey SM7 raw 50F, 54S & 58D Green Nippon 125 wedge
Bettinardi Queen Bee #7

All Iomic Stick 2.3 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
Titleist Pro-V1 High #s

Love my 900 forged, and looking to upgrade and was thinking it was hands down the 770s. However, reading up and seeing the 921s I really dig them and was thinking a 4,5 HMP and 6-gw Forged combo set might be awful appealing. Looking forward to checking them out in person!

G400 LST    TS Speeder 7.2

SLDR MINI  TS Speeder 7.2

MP-18 Fli Hi

JPX 900 Forged

RTX-3 CB

Toulon Atlanta

Not sure where youre getting 37.5.. Im looking at golfwrx homepage and mygolfspy. Id love to be wrong on this

921-specs-jpg.jpg

Titleist TS2 9.5* / Project X EvenFlow White T1100 65X
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 80 6.5
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4 Iron / Nippon Modus 120X
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 52.08F* / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 56.08M* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Titleist SM7 60.04L* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Ping Vault Bergen

Of all the clubs announced today, the 921 Tours have me the most intrigued. Higher MOI than the MP20 MMC? Wow, if true. The MMC's were really good for me, but I had to sell them to go back to graphite iron shafts. Might have to pick up a set of the Tours now.

Mavrik TripleD 9* Tensei Pro White 60tx
TS3 15*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
SIM 5 wood Tensei White 70x
PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
TW11 60
Newport 2 

Wonder if the Black LZ being the stock offering in the HMP means that they will be no cost options for the other 921s, the es21, and even T20?

G400 Max 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x
M4 16.5* - Tour AD-IZ 7s
MP20 HMB (3,4) LZ 6.0
MP20 MMC (5-P) LZ 6.0
Mizuno S18 - 52 & 58
Vokey SM6 - 62* M
StrokeLab Double Wide F - 35"
Srixon Z Star XV

I have a feeling that the intern that supplied the major forums with the spec info got the lengths wrong, based on the Youtube video I just watched with Chris Voshall. I noticed 37.5" 6 irons in his presentation, not the 38" that is being published today. Now my blood pressure can finally normalize. Assuming this will be fixed shortly.

Titleist TS2 9.5* / Project X EvenFlow White T1100 65X
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 16.5* / Project X Hzrdus Smoke 80 6.5
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4 Iron / Nippon Modus 120X
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 52.08F* / Nippon Modus 120X
Titleist SM7 56.08M* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Titleist SM7 60.04L* / KBS Tour 610 S+
Ping Vault Bergen

Looking at these more, the Tours or even the SEL seem to have the appropriate lofts. 22-26-30-34-38-42-46-51

I really don't understand the gapping on the Forged. I know smaller gaps in long irons is the usual, but going from 3-degree gaps in long irons to 5-6 degree gaps after the 8 iron seems odd. Probably significant distance gaps between 8, 9, PW, GW. I'd rather those scoring-club gaps be tighter. 21-24-27-31-35-40-45-51

That is pretty typical these days unfortunately.

The ideal would be the SEL set in RH. Instead I will have to either bend the 4-5 Forged weak or go with 5-6 Forged and 6-W Tours with two 6i in the bag.

The stronger lofts are ideal for slower SS players, but I'm around 98mph with the 6i.

I guess the alternative would be for me to go all Forged 5-G then ditch my 50deg wedge and jump straight to my 54 and 58.

(I'm presently MP18SC 4-5 and MP18 6-W...I want more forgiveness, a small head, good feel but without more distance)

So I guess you really can't order the SEL in right-handed? Haha, there's a funny turn of events. To me that's the perfect JPX set as well, but it's not available right-handed.

I guess you could bend the forged weak like you mentioned, but it just seems weird bending irons lofts 2+ degrees to get the gaps right. The bounce will be higher, but maybe that's not a huge deal.

I just listened to Voshall on that YouTube and he mentioned how the SEL is the best engineered set in their lineup due it being an intentional combo set!!! All they need to do is make 2 molds for the 4 and 5 Forged that blend well. I know Mizuno doesn't have Titleist and TM budgets, but the ability to make combo sets that flow perfectly for gapping is the grail.

IMO, Mizuno is sitting on this ideal set. They have the best combination of feel, look and forgiveness in the long irons to go with the best turf interaction and feel in the short irons.

Bending is less than ideal as it messes with the bounce and offset. Not deal killers if it is 1-2 degrees, but it would be more like 3-4 degress and that is too much bounce.

I'm a bit disappointed with the 921 forged lofts. They're so strong now, and that's not what I'm looking for. A 31 degree 7 iron? No thanks.

Bending is an option, but I'd want to go at least 2 degrees weak, and not sure how that will affect the bounce and ground interaction. Maybe not a big deal.

I'm a bit shocked that TM went conservative with their lofts, even with the 770. Are they listening to their customers more than Mizuno? Those lofts remind me a bit of my Ping i5s I had years ago.

Not sure what irons to go with, guess I have to test them all out.

G400 LST   Epic Flash   G410   testing   SM4   Karsten TR B60 Custom

Curious.....why would you base it on the loft number and not test them first and confirm the ball flight and distances.

Perhaps the lofts are stronger due to the chromoly adding a bit more pop, launch and perhaps spin.

No point in being disappointed until you get a chance to try them.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Just basing the new ones on the flight and spin I get with my current 919F. My flight is so flat with my current irons, and lower loft just scares me.

But you are correct, I should test before coming to conclusions.

G400 LST   Epic Flash   G410   testing   SM4   Karsten TR B60 Custom

Drop the mic on the look of the forged. They are last year’s HMP’s in the looks department. And hopefully that terrible offset has been eliminated. This years HMP is not an option unless maybe 5 iron. No way I am going below 45 degrees on a pw, that’s insane.

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 19 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red

I think also a lot of the loft change may be due to the fact that a lot of people just go with whatever they happen to hit farther in the hitting bay that day. This is why Titleist had to go from 45" stock length drivers to 45.5". More often than not, someone in a store is going to swing a 45.75" Taylormade a lot faster than a 45" Titleist. People just pick it up and hit it and are like "Oh? My club head speed is up on this one and I hit it 5 yards farther so I'll buy this one". In this iron category, no matter how consistent and good feeling the irons are, you can't give up a ton of yards to the competition because that is part of the what people in this category are shopping for.

• Like 2

Mavrik TripleD 9* Tensei Pro White 60tx
TS3 15*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
SIM 5 wood Tensei White 70x
PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
TW11 60
Newport 2 

You are correct. I’m on minute 39 of the launch video. Very thin top line and minimal offset. Dam this thing looks better than the Adams CMB, and thinner than my HMP’s

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 19 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red

If you just look at it as a loft and not focus on the letter, does that change things?

I had my 919 PW bent to 44 because I liked the lower bounce & only planned on playing P-5, and just went from there. 47, 52, 58, and 62 for wedges and it was a perfect setup for me. For me it all depends on what I can do with the lofts instead of the stamp on the sole. That setup covered all my yardages and eliminated the need for a 4.

This year I think I’m going for 5-9, and using my RTX4s for PW, AW, gap, sand and lob. The stock 921 lofts appear to set up nice for that, but I understand why many people might not be into that kind of set.

Try the MP20 HMB 3 iron. I have one in my SEL set at 18°. Great as a driving iron.

Callaway B21 10.5° - Fuji Speeder 569 IV

Mizuno ST190 3W - GD AD DI 6

Mizuno JPX 900 5W - Fuji Speeder 661 II

Mizuno MP20 SEL(4) - DG120 S300

Mizuno JPX 919F(5-PW) - DG120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM5 52°/12° F Grind 

Titleist Vokey SM5 58°/11° K Grind 

Titleist Vokey SM5 62°/8° T Grind 

Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2