Baddog

i'm good for anything between 280-340.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Just for fun I used Google Earth to make a measurement. I used flagstick location and rangefinder distance of 2nd shot (red line - 112 yards) to get likely end point of drive. I then measured distance from that point back to frontish part of most forward tee box that I could find (drive is the yellow line). The distance comes out to right about 317 yards. So if anyone tells you golf courses in south TX don't play fast and firm, tell them they are FOS. LOL!

XQH2WC4S0BEI.png

Ill take that guy over the guy topping it 30yards off the tee then rolling it up the fairway all day. At least the former has hope with some help.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

I get it out there over 300 from time to time and have played with many golfers who are longer than me. It's all about speed. I am 37 and am an ex college athlete (not golf) and just about everyone that I play with that are longer than me are also ex athletes.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Super vid DP?

I gave him his first like?

There are a lot of “kids” out there just like the one in the video that can take it north of 300yds all day every day and that’s not even counting the 30yo-55yo+ middle aged guys that were/are athletes aside from being Players, like my 56yo lil Bro who still runs marathons, Plays Elite level Masters(50-60yo) singles tennis along with carrying a +1.7 that should settle in the mid +2 range by summer, and while he no longer can go 127-129mph(just as I never clocked 110mph or over, no matter WTF I did, and I was as consumed with hittin 110mph+ as I was Playing at Plus, however I never got clocked higher than 109, while he’s been clocked numerous times at 129mph, he never got clocked at 130+, lolol) as he did when he was in his 40’s and competing in regional and two national LD comps, he’s still in the mid/high teens and his Playing SS is 115-118mph.

I do agree though that SS’s are greatly exaggerated and I don’t believe that it’s as much guys intentionally bullsh*tting as guys just not knowing just how friggin far 300 yards is, lol?

I’ll never forget my last summer in the game and a guy rode up to me on our #5 tee, introduced himself as a new member and we prepared to tee it up on a long par 4(backs/blacks and all USGA/Pro events)/5(men, women and all other tees) and asked to join me in the evening when I was riding and Playin by myself and he stepped up and hit a nice ball, right-left flight and it settled in about 240-245yds down the left side of the FW.

I stepped up and hit a similar right-left though higher Traj(I still looooove this word??Thanx WRX?) ball that ended up about 30-35yds past him and about a yard or two past a bush that was our 275 marker for the hole.

He said “holy sh*t, that’s about a 330-340yd drive” ???

Right hand to God? ?

I turned towards him and said that not only was it not “330-340yds,” it wasn’t close to 300yds, lol

He laughingly, almost derisively and arrogantly like I was some clueless newb, said “ok, whatever you say,” lolol. I was sorta pissed??

So we stop and he hit his ball and then we got to mine and I pointed to the lil bush off in the rough and informed him that that was what we used for a 275 marker. My ball was 1-2yds in front of it. He shook his head in the negative and said that I had the numbers wrong and that HE hit it 300 and I was 30-35yds longer than him???

We Played one more hole, a Par 3, and then rode up to the clubhouse and I asked him to walk down to the practice area as there was someone that I wanted to introduce him to as I knew that my Bro that I spoke of was down on the line hitting balls.

I introduced the guy to my Bro and though he was hitting short irons and wedges, as he never hit/hits drivers on the line unless he was working something out with his swing, I grabbed his driver out of his bag and asked him to hit a few.

He was on the left side of the line, and at the end of the range we have a big grouping of trees that run the length of the end of the range down onto the course, lining the right side of #1 and behind the green of #2.

Well, the length to the left side trees was 270-275 and it gradually lengthened to 285-290 on the far right. They ask all the guys that can take it from 270-280(used

M0ZCHR0JIK4Q.jpegto be moi?) to use the right side and Guys like my Bro, of which off the top of my head I’d say that there are 20-25 in our Club, not to hit drivers on the line cept for 2 in a pre-round warm-up. Please remember that aside from Oakmont, we were/are the premier “Player’s” club in town, so they tend to gravitate to either us or across the river, the boys at Oakmont. Also, as Obes and Brian spoke to, 285-290 carry on a usual day is a 300yd+ drive.

So Greg takes a few warmup swings which were nothing special, then he teed one up, stepped behind the ball and went through his PSR then stepped into the box, 3-4 wraggles and let ‘er rip.

The ball was just peaking when it cleared the trees at the 285-290yd mark and into the woods it fell, in the neighborhood of 320-330yds from where we stood.

So Greg turned around to hand me the driver and the guy said simple “holy f*ck” and looked at me and chirped that it sounded like a “shot gun blast,” lol.

I smiled and said “THAT is a 320-330yd drive,” lol

I’ve included a pic of one of our range balls as we do not use the garbage balls or distance regulated balls.

These are the real deal and though not the ball my Bro Plays(like me he Plays Stones), they fly true.

I actually wrote this day and story in my diary cuz it so epitomizes the game and how the average golfer is so clueless as to just how far 300 yards.

Yes, that is a long way, though with today’s equipment, balls and any swing over 115mph, it ain’t no big thang, lol

FWIW, just as I never was clocked 110mph or higher, so too had I never had a measured 300yd drive. The longest measured in a competitive round was 286yds, in the FW, and I actually won the event’s LD comp??. My ball was actually the 6th longest, with my Bro having the outright longest at 321yds, though he was about 2’ off the FW into the first cut and Sean Knapp also took it just over 300, I forget the exact number, though he too, along with the other three Players, was in the first cut, off of the FW. I won that’s God forsaken Cobra? black 48” Long Tom driver?

I believe that I had some one year when Playing out in Vegas in August however one, they weren’t measured and secondly, the fairways were as hard as airport runways and as dry as the desert out to the horizon, lol, so I don’t count those.

I did not mean to include Monte’s post in this post however I still can’t adjust to this format and accidentally hit “quote” and can’t delete it. The only thing that I’ll say regarding his thoughts on wedges as “distance” clubs is that I always remembered what Sam said as far as swinging ANY of your “short” irons with a full swing, of which he included the 9i through the wedges, and that was that it was stupid and a mistake and as a student, if Pete EVER saw you swinging full tilt with a wedge or heard ya bragging about wedge distances, the lesson was over or if prior to, you could forget about it that day. He would say that while he could spend all day with a beginner on the line in their first lesson, he couldn’t spend 3 minutes with an idiot, lolol

I hope that all’s well Brother and that you have a Great Season?

Apologies for the novella, lolol

I can’t go to the friggin club and bother em in the card room as it’s closed, so I’ll regale you all with stories from days gone by?

Stay Well My Friends?

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Having played in some professional events, primarily with guys under 40, I’d say the majority of guys I’ve played with at those events have the ability to move it 300+. It’s all about the types of players you play with. It’s tough to compete at professional events if you can’t hit driver at least 280.

When I play at a muni and get paired up with someone, I’ll admit, it’s rare that I get paired up with someone who hits it past their shadow.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

You have officially destroyed my " there are no pictures on the scorecard" line LOL!

Nice drive no matter how you slice anyway!

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

• 2 weeks later...

So what I deduce from this thread is that ‘generally’ most don’t hit it 300yds ‘regularly’ despite what they think. It also boils down to where you play. Being from the UK we don’t play on hard fairways in warm conditions, or play at elevation. Interesting thread though thanks for partaking ?

That's my experience as well. I'm usually the longest hitter and I remember when I'm not. Got paired up with some young guns yesterday. They were about 35 years younger than me. Two were long hackers but one of them could play. Holy moly. He was 40 to 70 yards past me every hole. Easily over 300. His 2 iron was equal to my driver. Maybe a few yards longer. Reminded me how much yardage I've lost over the years although, I was never as long as this bomber.

My mate and I were waiting at the 17th at Rye Hill one day when someone drove the https://www.w1gcms.club/ryehill/videos/hole_16.php green. That's probably 300 yards carry (hard to be sure because the green is higher than the tee) but for damn sure it's blind and either incredibly lucky or highly skilled. We didn't hang around to ask since we struggle to get to that green in two.

That's not my favourite hole but is my favourite tee. I love the way you tee off over that outcropping where the front tee is. It hides most of the fairway and there's something exciting about waiting to see how the slope is going to take your ball. The second shot is a pain though as that upslope is about 30 degrees or more. I've lost several balls in the brambles behind the green over the years due to the difficulty of getting the ball to the green and then having it actually stop if it gets there.

There are plenty of folk who can hit or 300 plus legitimately. Some can even play some golf. There are far more who can get the big bounce down wind, down hill 300 plus now and then. Play a soggy seaside course in California during winter and see how hard it is to carry it 285 plus. If your ball speed is in the 170’s, you can hit it 300 in many conditions. If your ball speed is in the lower 160’s, you can do it with favorable conditions. If your speed is around 150, you got lucky, or cut a dogleg. To humble yourself, gps every tee shot hit with driver on a cool day in soft conditions and see what the average is that day.

I never was worried about distance and always wanted to make better contact/have less side spin. At 37 I think it's starting to hit me that I might've lost a few yards and it's tougher to play longer tees now. Pretty lousy to say it's hitting at 37, but it could be just the wet ground/bad swings.

When getting fitted I was always somewhere around 103-109 when they'd tell me what the swing speed was. The other day in our simulator at (before they shut down) I was 98-101 and I think the best drive I hit had an overall distance of 276. I upped the loft and hit it a ton better yesterday (outside), but I think the XS shaft can go in the trash can if those Trackman numbers are accurate on my SS. I was always very borderline to have an XS anyway. I'm hoping it's off as it had me hitting a 170yd carry 7i on there (which I do not do on the course). The 170yd 7i carry and a 98MPH driver swing don't match.

Either way, I bit and bought the SuperSpeed trainer and I'm now that guy looking for extra yardage despite never really hitting it that far anyway.

In search of solid contact...

Don't put too much weight into what flex you play. Swing speed doesn't always determine flex and flex isn't uniform across shaft manufacturers. I was fit last month for woods and we went with stiff shafts tipped an inch. Swing speed on Trackman with the big dog was 114. I'm now driving the ball better than I ever have.

if you drop the sarcasm....i might just show you how :)

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Yes and I've been at the same speed/distance for awhile now. Like I said with the driver, it seems shorter, but more consistent. I can recall some shots in my head that I've hit in years past that were a lot longer than where I am now, but I was also a shitty golfer then too. I can remember hitting the center of a green 285yds away from me with a Rocketballz 3W and the ball being slightly above my feet. I probably carried a driver that far once or twice in the past 2 years.

I could switch equipment and hit it further. I play a 914 D3 @ 44" and have a XS shaft in it. If I went to a different head, softer flex and/or longer shaft I'm sure I'd gain speed/distance.

In search of solid contact...

LLH

That is my trick

Soft X, lighter weight, and 46.25" .. great for tall, fat and old

Don't let the cat out of the bag buddy

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Because most people on here are good golfers. If you have good technique and aren't really old or physically disabled, there's no reason to not hit it 300+. You don't need to be a good athlete or anything. You just need a good swing.

Look at all the kids Gankas teaches on Instagram. There isn't a 14-15 year old that doesn't hit it 300.

It's not actually that hard