Shortest time in your bag.

Well that didn’t last long.

Less than a week, a new record for me. Thankfully second swing offers a thirty day bring back that I used this time

What’s the least time you had something in the bag?

my story:

hadn’t been striking the ball well recently so I put some ping i15 With KBS TOUR 90 S in the bag last Friday. The worst feeling shaft I’ve played in a bit. I was coming off mizuno MP5 with Kbs tour 120 S which felt great to me so not a fair compare in some ways. I didn’t play badly with them, played to my handicap the two times out, but I did not care for the flight, really high, or the feel which was kinda brittle to my mind

traded them today for a set of ping ie1 with dynamic gold S300. Hope to get them out soon and see if the real world matches my trackman experience.

trackman flight tracers didn’t go off the top of the screen with a seven as they did with the kbs 90 and my spin, distance and shape were more consistent.

Ping 9° G410+ tensi orange s
Ping 3 Wood G410+ tour 75 shaft s.  
Ping 5 wood G410 Alta s
Adams 9031 23° Mitsubishi diamana 
Ping G710 DG 105 R300
Ping glide stealth 54° es grind
Ping glide 2 58°. ES
Ping anser f titanium pixel.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had many clubs last only one round, but the decision to rid myself of it may have occurred long before the 18th hole.

I like soft but his HSM2 faces are way too soft, I know he sells firmer faces but the one I had he didn't have inserts that fit and the cost would have been as much or more than the putter to get one

You're playing stiff flex, right chisag? In R flex, I find that Modus 3 105s play very similar to Aldila NV Pro 105s. I don't like S flex because I don't feel the clubhead position as well.  

I picked up a Titleist T-MB 2-iron with an X100 from a guy in my area last year...

...met him at the course in the parking lot for the exchange. An hour later after one range session I was sorry I did that, LOL.

SIM (10.5o) (Tensei Pro Org.)
TS2 4w (17o)

M6 7w (21o)

z785 (4-Pw)
SM8 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
Newport 2 Select

... I have 2 that lasted one round. Hit the Ping LS at Demo Day and it had the most consistent trajectory ever for a driver, even though it looked silly and sound horrible. I was warmed up and swinging well that day but when I came home, bought one and took it to the course the first shot was a high push fade and the second a draw, neither of which I hit on demo day. Combined with the worst sound since the Sumo Squared and those two shots were all I needed. It was the Club De Jour here at WRX so thankfully I sold it for what I paid.

... The second was a set of Modus 105's. Loved the Recoil Prototype 95's in my P790's and really enjoyed the Modus 120's in my Z Forged so figured it was a no brainer and best of both worlds, so I re-shafted my P760's with the 105's. Hated them from the first swing. The seemed to play stiff to flex losing their smooth feel, produced an insanely high trajectory and came up 5-10 yds short. Pulled them that night.

TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Callaway Super Hybrid 17*  ... Diamana Limited 65R

TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
4-Wedge Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95R
SM6 52* F Grind /SM8 M Grind 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Newport 2.5 ... 33.5"

A set of Callaway big Bertha irons around 2000.... I played one round with them, then sold them on eBay. They were hideous (was playing Mizuno T-Zoids at the time).... not sure what I was thinking when I bought them.

TM SIM 9.0 with Tensei Pro White 60-S

TM M5 15 deg 3W with Tensei Pro White 70-S

TM M3 3H & 4H with Fujikura Atmos Blue HB Tour Spec 8X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Odyssey 34" Stroke Lab 10 

Lol. 3 holes...

Got an F9 without hitting it before in the hype.

Duck hook 180 yards on 1, “nutted” on 2 and it’s 25y shorter than my gamer (after “crushing” it I hit my gamer to compare), duck hook in 3.

I was taking picks on the 4the teebox to list in the BST.

To be fair, the shaft fit was awful, I got a deal and planned to get a different shaft. But that bad against my gamer and it wasn’t worth the money of trying shaft fit.

Taylormade SIM - 9.75* - Diamana S Limited 
TaylorMade M5 - 14.25* - Tensei Orange
Callaway Apex 3h - 20* - Project X Catalyst

Calloway Apex 4h - 23* - Rogue Silver
PXG 0311p Gen 2 - 5-Pw - Modus3 105

Titleist AP2 - 50* - Dynamic Gold
Wedgeworks V-Grind - 54* - Dynamic Gold
Vokey Spin Milled - 62* - Dynamic Gold
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8.5
Titleist Pro V1
Titleist Staff Stand Bag

There are so many that never even made it that far. These are clubs from just the past 18 months or so that I bought, tested, and sold before they ever saw a golf course:

U-500 2-iron (but I still love the 3 and 4)

Cobra F9 driver

Ping iBlades

Mizuno MP-18 SC

PING G10 Plus 1W (Ventus Blue 6X)

PING G425 Max 3W / 7W (Ventus Blue 7X)

MIZUNO MP-20 HMB 2i / 4i (Ventus Blue 9X)

MIZUNO MP-20 Blades 5i-PW (Modus 120 Stiff)

TITLEIST Vokey SM8 52F / 58M (Modus 120 Stiff)

LAB Directed Force 2.1 | Pro V1x | CP2 Pro & Wrap

u500 2 iron

2 mins drive to the range from home.

10 shots. done.

Cobra                      F9 Driver w/HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
Titleist                     TS2 16.5 Wood w/HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
Ping                         G410 19 Hybrid w/KBS Proto 95 X
Titleist                     818 H2 23 Hybrid w/Accra M5 95 X
Titleist                     716 T-MB 5 Iron w/DG X100
Titleist                     718 AP2 6-P Irons w/DG X100
Cleveland                RTX 4.0 52/56/60 Wedges w/DG S400
SIK                     Pro|C-Series|Armlock Putter

too many to remember....latest one is callaway epic flash SZ - 1 round....

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics EXS 10.5*

3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 16.5*

Hybrid 1 - Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 20*

Hybrid 2 - Titleist 818H1 24*

Irons - Bridgestone J33 CB 4-PW

Wedges - Miura Tour 52* and 58*

Putter - Slighter Seattle Prototype

Pretty much everything that goes into my bag will last a season. Maybe it takes a while to earn a spot but when a club does I'm loyal AF to it and have a hard time giving it up. Literally I was thinking today about pulling my RBZ 15* 3w with a trimmed shaft because my 17* Ping g20 hybrid goes just a far from any lie and is more reliable. Today I failed to remove it, and used it twice for amazing hits. Now, both hits were my fault and didn't produce the yardage, but I got them both clean (I was stuck on a tree line and hit once in a life time branches with both shots) and as pure as possible. So I'll probably spend another season with equal clubs in my bag because I can't make a decision.

2017 M2 3-wood. Caved in the 2016 model and TMag sent me a 2017. Lasted one round and went back to my old 909

TS 3 8.5º w/ LAGP TOUR AXS 70X
917F3 16.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

For me putters, I've had a few I've never gamed for various reasons but the quickest was a Bobby Grace Jordan putter. I wanted a Bobby Grace putter for a while, found this one new and dirt cheap, like the look, liked it at address, loved the feel of the grip. Hit 1 putt and just went "nope" those inserts he uses are mush, like the rest of the putter is milled beautifully and then ruins it with those inserts, I'm sure he could mill a radial face into the putter.

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

... I think one of the coolest things about this thread is almost every thing someone played once and hated, someone else absolutely loves. My Bobby Grace 6330 has been in my bag for years and I can't imagine replacing it, maybe ever. The insert is indeed like mush and I love that feel. My 28 yr old son hit mine and found a 3 diamond Anser style Bobby Grace with the same insert on Ebay and bought it because he too loved the soft feel. Yet I totally understand how someone else would hate it!

TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Callaway Super Hybrid 17*  ... Diamana Limited 65R

TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
4-Wedge Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95R
SM6 52* F Grind /SM8 M Grind 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Newport 2.5 ... 33.5"

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58 degree wedge. Lasted 3 rounds then back to the SM7. Hit some good shots with it but the ATV sole bugged me. Sticky through the turf.

Driver (9.75):  Titleist TS3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (15):  Titleist TS2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  PXG  0317X Gen 2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
 Hybrid (22):  PXG  0317X Gen 2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-P):  PXG 0311T Gen 2 (TT Elevate Tour S)
Wedges:  50/54/58:  PXG Sugar Daddy Milled (TT Elevate Tour S)
Putters: Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

I like soft but his HSM2 faces are way too soft, I know he sells firmer faces but the one I had he didn't have inserts that fit and the cost would have been as much or more than the putter to get one done. So I just sold it rather than let it sit, no idea if the guy I sold it to still has it or uses it.

I do think Bobby makes some really nice putters like the Tour 3 Diamond, Shiloh, Lo Pro and those more classic shapes/model. But he also makes some butt ugly models but they seem to be super high MOI which some guys want.

But yeah it's interesting to see what everyone likes, loves and hates. That's why variety is great especially in this game.

• Like 1

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

Seemore FGP putter. Beautiful putter, very well made and all that, just did not suit my eye at all. Back to traditional after that.

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade SIM Ti 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS 
Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

Agreed. Ap3 only lasted one round and compared shot to shot with my then 714 ap2 and both had same shaft. I didn’t gain anything except inconsistency. Luckily eBay has a 30 day return policy with Global golf.

TS3 8.5 Ventus Blue 7x or ZF 60TX

Ping G410 17 degree Ventus Blue 9x

Callaway UT 21 bent to 19 KBS Proto 105X

T100S 1 degree weak 4-PW Project X 7.0

SM8 50 Project X 6.5 
SM7 54 Project X 6.5 

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60 Project X 6.5

Piretti Cottonwood II or Scotty Newport 2 w/ Stability Shaft

Srixon XV