2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Cancelled Trips? Corona Virus

Heading to Pinehurst in 2 weeks - playing 2, 4 and 8. I am curious about the availability of caddies, but it won't be the end of the world if they don't have them out of precaution.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

I am scheduled to fly to Bandon from LAX next Tuesday. If flight gets cancelled, we have motor home full of fuel on standby. If we can get there legally, we are going. I also have a trip to Ireland in August that we are on as scheduled but who knows? My wife and I were in Maui on 9/11 and actually ended up playing the Plantation course the morning of the bombings. Surreal experience for sure.

My church is closed indefinitely so I figure there is no place on earth I feel closer to God than on a fairway at Bandon. To go food in my room doesn't bother me at all.

• Like 1

Livin' In The Day Of The Eagle

Driver: TM Tour Issue Stealth 9° Ventus Blue 7S

3w Ping G430 SFT Ping Tour 173-75S

4w SimTi  Diamana F75 Limited S

7w Ping G425 SFT Ping Tour 173-75 S

Irons: 2021 TM 790 5-GW PX 5.5

Wedges: Ping Glide 54° 58°

Putter: TM Mini Spyder
Ball: Titleist AVX Yellow

Index: 2.0

Finally made the decision to cancel our trip to Bama April 1st. From Toronto flights are being cancelled for any trips out of the country. Figured it was a matter of time until all flights are cancelled. Everything in Toronto is shutting down, bars, restaurants everthing...only a matter of time that happens in the US. Not a happy camper today.

Keep safe and hit them well.

Driver - M2/KuroKage xstiff
3 wood - TS2 16.5/KuroKage xstiff
Hybrids - Titleist 918 3/4
Irons - Mizuno 223, Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges - Vokey SM8 - 51, 56, 60
Whitlam/Gauge Design - Coldstar Devon ETBW
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130

Club - WoodenSticks Golf Club

I hate to say it but at the pace this thing is going, I don't think anybody is going anywhere anytime soon.

Virtually every metro area will be "shelter in place" soon and if not, not many people are going to be out and around anyway.

Now golf is out in the open air, healthy and risk is minimal compared to most other gatherings /activities but I think, with an abundance of caution, golf courses won't be open very long.

Hope I'm wrong but,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

The club I used to be at just sent the letter out leave the flagstick in regardless of course you’re allowed to anyways but they’re stressing don’t take it out at all, no water containers provided, don’t use the ball washer, sanitize carts every day, no rakes for the bunkers free drop inside the bunker, no hanging out in the clubhouse anymore, especially within the dining or the card room, separate cart for each, Larger tournaments canceled at this time even if it’s a shotgun start they have to figure it out.

We were supposed to leave for Pinehurst tonight. Made the tough call yesterday to cancel/postpone. Just got to the point where who knows what is going to happen. All bars and restaurants in NC just closed. all but 1 of us were set to drive, but with so much unknown it wasn't worth it to get there and have to turn around and come home.

Just sad news about these cancelled trips. Sorry golf nuts. Feel for you all.

we have trips for the kiddos being cancelled a Great Wolf Lodge and a Disney (Orlando) trip brought to a halt. I was going to try and play Winter Park 9 during the disney trip.

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Scotty Newport the art of putting

-----------------------------------------

Good for you! That's the attitude we need. We need to live or life and not be afraid. The facts are that 95% of the people who get beer virus are either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms that don't require medical treatment. Our trip to Ireland at the end of September is on and have no plans of cancelling.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

"I'll be fine, I don't care about anyone else." I couldn't imagine working at one of these places and having people from all over the country/world coming and being in contact with them. We don't know their health status, their significant others' health, parents, children etc. The attitude we need is I am a grown up enough to know I have to listen to the CDC and government and give up some things I like so other people aren't affected. It is only a matter of time until the big resorts are shutdown anyway.

• Like 1

Had a spring break trip to Daytona Beach scheduled for 2 weeks from now that we just cancelled. We were holding out hope for a while that it would be ok, but it seems too risky right now. No judgement on anybody that feels otherwise, but it feels irresponsible to my wife and I to consider traveling in light of what's going on, especially into an area that is currently being highly traveled by people from all over the country and that the cases there are growing. They just limited restaurants and shut down bars, and are now considering shutting down or limiting beaches, so less activities for my wife and my kids to do. I have a sneaking suspicion that if it weren't for the timing being in tune with spring break that the state would have been shut down already like a lot of the rest of the country, but that's a different story. This thing likely wouldn't kill me, it likely wouldn't kill my wife or children, but even that's enough to not risk in my book. Beyond that it could kill loved ones or others when we return, and I'm willing to forego a vacation to avoid that possibility.

Thank you! statements like we’re going anyways, even a future date, beside disregarding the reality of the situation, ain’t happening if this is still around in August, and government puts their foot down. Unless you got the $2400 an hour per person for netjets, and that’s if they are allowed to fly, everyone should be happy home courses are still open. I played with some people that still think this is just a common cold and totally ignorant.

We have no idea how bad this really is. All of the data (those showing horrible death rates and those showing that it's similar to a bad flu season) is awful. All of the decisions governments have made are with questionable data. A lot of people (perhaps rightfully) believe that we should be overcautious when so much is unknown. Here is an interesting article by a professor of epidemiology at Stanford on how poor much of the data is and what it means for the decisions everyone is trying to make:https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

Do your own research. Look at the cases worldwide versus the hospitalization and mortality rate. Trumpeting ignorance is not doing your own research to educate yourself and listening to others and the press creating the panic the world is in. Look at the age statistics of those who died or the pre-existing health conditions or those effected. The average mortality age from the virus here is the US is 80 yrs old. Almost half of the deaths recorded in this country are in one state and the large percentage of that is related to ONE nursing home. You know what people are in nursing homes? You guessed it, people above the age of 80 and those with other heath issues. If you take out those in that age category and those with other heath issues the overwhelming (Yes, 95%) of the cases have been asymptomatic or not required medical intervention. You don't read about that from the press much, but it is factual. Btw, the flu has killed over 12,000 people in this country so far this year, but you did not see the panic or measures taken for that. This is a golf forum, and I am only responding to your attack. You do you, and I'll do me.

Thank you very much for posting ACTUAL data instead of "words" from the press and agencies. The only factual information out presently suggests that people over the age and those with other health conditions have the much higher rate of mortality and need for medical intervention. The Princess cruise ship is a hopeful sign that 700 people were all on a ship. and the majority were either asymptomatic, or had very minor issues. The 7 people that died were all older and the mortality rate was at .0125%. As stated in the research the average mortality rate for the elderly with the common cold or other viruses is 3% - 12%. Now, back to golf......

When I cancelled my Bandon trip, it was only to serve my own self interests. I simply didn't want to deal with the hassle. Now that the number of cases continue to escalate, and the shelter in place order that came into effect for the Bay Area, it seems that my decision was a prudent one. Since my county has the most cases than any other county in California, It's probably best that I honor the shelter in place order. What if I did contract the virus, and was unaware of it. I could potentially have left my germs on various gas pump handles and fast food joints all the way up the I-5 corridor. Not to mention the outbreak I could cause Bandon Resort itself. It was very nice of the resort to offer a full refund for our organization.

It looks like I'll be hitting balls into a net for a while. The shelter in place order has extended into neighboring counties, including Santa Cruz and Monterey. Out of curiosity, I checked a few courses to see which ones were still in operation. Poppy is closed. I think Pacific Grove is closed. I looked at Pebble's first tee web cam, and people were teeing off. Not as hectic as it usually is around the first tee though. On a side note, every golfer in the foursome I was watching, took at least one mulligan. One guy took three.

For those of you who are going to Scotland,Royal Aberdeen. I just received this regarding Visitors;

Visitors will be discouraged from visiting our premises from now until the end of April (to be re- assessed Mid-April) with the option to reschedule within a 24-month period. Visitors will be advised that all Clubhouse facilities will be unavailable to them and unfortunately our normal welcome experience clubhouse tour etc. will be affected.

Seems a new note finally came from the Government.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Royal Aberdeen

The course still seems to be open for members but lots of common sense limitations.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

After cancelling my upcoming trip to Florida last week, we've also put our summer trip to Michigan planning on hold. It's crazy to me that people are just now cancelling trips/still planning on going to popular/densely populated resorts. Hopefully these resorts will start protecting us from ourselves and just close their doors. Its clear that people do not think much further past the survival rate/impact to their own demographic, and either completely ignore or are blissfully ignorant to the strain put on our healthcare system/economy with increased exposure & the resulting boom in infections.

• Like 1

TaylorMade M2 9° Fujikuri Pro Stiff
Ping I3 2-PW Blue
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 52°
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 56°
Ping Karsten Ally i Putter