COVID-19 and local golf (NO POLITICS)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm more worried about missing short putts than getting a virus on the golf course.

One, the Spanish Flu was "just a new strain of the flu" once. Two, it's not the flu, it acts very differently, has a longer incubation period, has a much longer period during which people can remain a

It's pretty simple, pay for golf online, if possible, don't shake hands with anyone and bring your own food and drink. Play golf and leave the paranoia to the crazy people that fear shadows in the li

Our Muni was totally mobbed yesterday. I volunteer to work on the greens twice a week. I've never seen that many people before. There were 3 and 4 groups on every hole, and we have 27 holes. I had to stop working as I couldn't get anything done.

That said, I normally play every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I may stop playing on Monday and Wednesday as they guys I play with are older and go to the doctors and hospitals a few days a week. I don't think I need all that exposure. I'll continue playing those days but either alone or with my wife.

Open spaces, fresh air, greatly reduced close proximity contact with others. Would think golf courses to be one of the few venues offering some measure of escape during these troubling times. Perhaps skip the clubhouse refreshments afterwards. But have no clue what future determination may result. Events are unfolding exponentially the last several days.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Cannot predict outcome, but I’ve offered similar comments regarding open space and lack of transmission opportunities if no one else is out on the course with you. Stay healthy and hit em with the curve you intend @Fellaheen51

Not looking forward to grocery shopping this morning at the Superstore. It could be a zoo, but I just don't know because we're not in a trouble zone although it's getting closer everyday.

I think that this could be a boon for golf courses this spring, but if the clientele is predominantly senior that might end up being another story. It will touch us all in some way before this is all over.

The sale of bicycles could be brisk this spring as that is another outdoor option for light exercise/activity.

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

WS D7 10.5°
Adams Tight Lies 2.0 16°/22°

TM Speedblades 5-AW

Cleveland CBX 56° SW
SeeMore PTM 3

My club kicked me off the 2nd green this afternoon after the board closed the course for the next few days until they can formally meet on the topic. I'd imagine most will slowly close. If one does it they all start following.

What kind of dark ages does your board live in?!?!? What city/region are you in?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

I predict all of these cancellations will lead to an explosion in the divorce rate. We have no sports to watch on TV, no sports events to go to, and no other gatherings to occupy our time. Lots of wives will be at wits end.

• Like 2

I’m with this thought. Currently I plan on playing tomorrow. How different can that be than staying home with the windows open.

Ping 9° G410+ tensi orange s
Ping 3 Wood G410+ tour 75 shaft s.  
Ping 5 wood G410 Alta s
Adams 9031 23° Mitsubishi diamana 
Ping Ie1 5-U DG S300
Ping glide stealth 54° es grind
Ping glide 2 58°. ES
Ping anser f titanium pixel.  

agree. I just got done playing and everything was normal.

• Like 1

Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram @Jminis13

I'm in the Philadelphia area with a high of 70 today and apparently no golf allowed. Tee sheet was stacked this afternoon too. I think most boards average age are from the dark ages. They be the ones most prone.

Shoot it ain't slowed anyone down at all in the Grand Strand area of SC---- The snowbirds have not let up any. They did not even consider cancelling the Myrtle Beach Marathon last week. Our Governor has not declared any state of emergency in fact he has down played it. Part of it I feel is because Tourism is our #1 industry. I think as of today our neighboring states of North Carolina and Georgia have declared some kind of emergency. We are going to soldier on the wife and I if we get it we get it--- If we die we die

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

South Shore Country Club in Hingham. A few minutes later I get an email from DW Fields in Brockton saying they are opening tomorrow.

Playing in a 2 person best ball tournament Monday at SPIGC and the women's group at our club on Thursday. TGA sent an email this morning indicating that currently no tournaments, qualifiers, or fun golf days are being cancelled. While all this could change, it would take something pretty dramatic to happen. Many of the schools are closing and all extra-curricular activities have been cancelled. I'm guessing all the kids are headed to the malls or the beach. Hmmm...

Where? I live in Montgomery Co and I played 3 days this week and have a time for Saturday and Sunday. I'm a teacher and schools are closed. I will be playing a lot of golf...leaving the flagstick in of course!

Trust me my friend these money grubbers down here will not close off a thing unless the Federal Government makes them. The virus ain't stopped one thing here you ought to have been on 501 heading to the beach this afternoon. Of course me being the professional truck driver that I am dodged 501 and used SC 22 and SC 31. But I do live on the south end and truck out of Myrtle so the drive home was about 35 minutes or so

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic