2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What is filling the void for you during the Tour shutdown? (NO CORONAVIRUS RELATED POSTS)

NoTalentLefty

Yea. Stainless could work. Just much harder to get in tubing form. ( say for frame rails ) And a little more finicky to get the really clean welds out of. ( not that aluminum can’t be a challenge there too ) But most importantly. Weight. I love the idea of 800 or so HP in a roadster weighing 1600 lbs or so ! lol. And I love the idea of a body panel that you can’t lean on or else it will dent. 60s ford drag cars had factory aluminum body panels ( fenders , hood deck lid and bumpers ). And usually carried a tag or decal that said “ don’t push “ because the panel would dent or warp. Don’t ask me why. Just some combo of delicate, But deadly that interests me.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Starting to get warmer here. I've got 2 acres of timber and a 1 acre yard. Winter clean up will keep me busy for the month or so easily.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Well. Hadn’t thought about it until just then. I’m a big fan of overhead cam modern V8s. Usually with Superchargers. So that leaves the pushrod chevys out. My background is ford. Although I’ll admit the hellcat mopar versions are very strong.

But for the thrifty side of me id use an engine I have stashed under my workbench for 10 years or more. A 2003 mustang cobra “terminator “ 4.6 Dohc supercharged engine. But I’d rip it apart and Send the heads for some port work and different cams. And then upgrade to a kenne bell blower. You can get loads of horsepower out of those engines with the right tune at around 13-14 lbs of boost. Which is very mild and streetable.

Id use the tremec 6 speed behind it and an independent rear suspension with a 9 inch ford center. So the theme wouldn’t be the stiff “ stink bug” stance roadsters most build. It would be low , long , and wide. A corner machine.

as I think on this. I probably own 80.% of this car already. At least 65% for sure. The actual frame and body would be the exceptions. And the coach builder is me. Lol. Maybe I need to tape off some shop space , and draw a little bit.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Man, if you want a roadster with aluminum paneling don't re-invent the wheel: just grab you a new Factory Five kit: https://www.factoryfive.com/roadster/mk4/complete-kit/

They now come ready for the 5.0L Coyote motor and the 2015+ Mustang IRS. Stick a truck engine in it with a pair of 68mm Nagasaki Noisy Boys and a TR6060 trans.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

We've been told to work from home indefinitely.

I'm thinking start early and finish early to get in 9 holes two or three times a week.

It's very early in the season here in Scotland so the practice will probably do me good. Maybe focus on the short game playing alone.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Lol. Yep. I actually had the same idea this morning. Light bulb ! They make a aluminum body F-five body. I’ll have to think on that onE. My issue is that I hate cookie cutter. Lol. But. I do like their ideas and designs.

and I hear you on the turbos. The last time a customer gave me cArte Blanche on a power plant , it ended hilariously. We built a 64 f100 where we placed the body on a 04 lightning chassis. Which is a long story that I won’t bore people with. But let’s just say loads of fab work on the bed because the lightning frame steps up in the back and the 64 frame is perfectly flat. Anyway. Kept the sohc 5.4 and with upgraded blower and exhaust we turned 687 to the wheels. Well. The truck weighed only 3500 lbs ( 1000 less than lightning Stock ) and 75% of that was NOT over the fear wheels. It took 800 lbs of sand bags over the rear axle to get the nitto 555Rs to hook on the dyno. Lol. That truck is my favorite work ever. And is simply scary too drive. Best thing is it looks bone stock except lightning wheels. And doesn’t sound like anything terrifying at idle. But oh my goodness when the boost comes up and that borla stainless exhaust starts screaming it’s nuts. The blower whine is actually the loudest part of all. It’s such an addicting sound. It’s probably best I don’t own it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

@DON SVO

couple quick pics to show what I’m talking about. If you pulled up beside that you wouldn’t expect 687 at the wheels , even with the slight exhaust grumble. Then after 60 ft or so it tries to pick the front end up too high to see over the hood ! Lol. And sounds like a banshee calling the hounds of hell !

poor pics. Screen shots . I may dig out my old phone and transfer some originals for the car thread in the 19th hole section.
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/393/A3NF2C1YVPBJ.png[/img]
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/043/58XT1YBSXDYB.png[/img]
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/886/DATZYKZQCBG7.png[/img]

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I believe they do have a plug and play harness for that now.

but I’ve been swapping them so long that I’m used to just taking the original harness and taking out everything I don’t want or need. Very little on the system that’s actually needed to run the engine if you are able to tune it. The majority of the wiring is anti theft , anti lock brakes , and emissions. And I’ll be the first to say that you can make loads of horsepower and burn it cleaner than a stock car with poor maintenance. All the emissions controls are because dealerships aren’t nearly smart enough to go inside and tune an engine , even with fords ( or any oems ) software. And compared to a lot of computer stuff. It’s idiot proof. In theory. So I just kill the anti theft , and work it per 100 rpms for fuel dependent on air coming in.

but to answer. If the plug and play harness is cheap now. I’d just buy one. Lots easier. Takes me around 16 hours to re-engineer a harness from start to finish. That’s ripping it completely apart and making it neat again when done. Lots of tedious work. The 64 lightning truck above is running on a oem harness I paired back , has OBD diagnostic port under the dash and is flashed with SCT software.

now. I’ve built a car since then that has ABS , traction control , and hydro boost steering and brake booster. So we kept all the factory stuff I usually cut out. Except anti theft. Holy cow. That stuff thinks you’re trying to steal your own car if you don’t have the reluctor ring and factory key inside the car somewhere. I always laugh hard in new movies when someone hot wires a car newer than 1999. Lol. Why ? Its impossible. They will fire up and then die immediately. The start circuit is independent of the “ run “ signal to the pcm. So it starts , then kicks over to run. The anti theft setup kills any chance of it going over to run.

So if you hear of a cop car being stolen for a joy ride in your area. Immediately know that the cop left the keys in the car. Only way to have that happen. I pointed this out tO our local chief last year and he first denied it. Then all but begged me not to repeat it. The news people missed it. Lol.

anyway. This is where my wife would say “ shut up. Nobody cares “ as I bore the table at dinner. ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

It's going to be an interesting time at my club with everybody kind of in that same boat. Given Wisconsin hasn't had the weather to be able to get the courses back to open, it's just indoor stuff, which adds to the "fun" especially as no tee times are really made for simulators. Been a lot of texts flying around about who is going and when. Thankfully most people already worked from home so not a lot changed in terms of schedules, but still a lot of unease with being around others right now.

60 minutes drive. We be there in 30. pull up and park like Vin diesel in one of those furious movies ....Creeping through the parking lot using the exhaust to set off car alarms and blow up the short skirts. Billy squire (the stroke ) from the subs under the seat. Lmao !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I just got back from grocery shopping. You can sense people are a little spooked. I noticed the shelves were empty for TP, sanitizer, canned vegetables, meats and cheese. Found some TP at Walmart. After using my debit card it got me thinking.

Put some sanitizer in your car. Clean debit/credit card every time its used. The slot for debit/credit card is not cleaned/sanitized.

Looks good !

I made chicken piccata last night , and tonight , a southern favorite poor people food ....pinto beans with a nice chunk of pork roast cooked in , and cornbread . ( no sugar in the cornbread ... We aren’t communist here ;). And I ate till I almost popped. And have leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch. Having Ground bison tacos tomorow night ! Mmmm mmmm! Maybe salmon paddies and brown gravy the next night. And probably a big breakfast for dinner on Friday. That’s the only part about being cooped in I like. I get a captive audience to cook for. Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Yep. I do like my grandmother , who was my teacher. I’ll use what I have on hand. From bacon , to pork roast , to ham , and even have used burnt ends off a beef roast I smoked. It’s just for flavor anyway. This time I had some fat trimmings from a big pork roast. And saved them from the weekend. Started the pot of beans yesterday morning. About 12 hours yesterday counting the initial soak and 4 today on a steady slow rolling simmer. Stirring frequently.

and butter beans ! Actually my favorite legume. Lol. We used to always have those with fresh biscuits. Oh my gosh. People -haven’t -lived. Lol. I know how to make them ( biscuits) But it’s been a long while. This maybe the excuse to try again. Quite labor intensive. But my grandmother made it look easy. She made a pan of biscuits at least 363 days a year for 50 plus years. So I guess practice made perfect.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Yep. Turnip greens are my fav green , But I’ll add some mustard greens if I must. lol. I’ll pretty much eat anything fresh. I also love fried cabbage and cornbread with a little fried fat back . Polk salad ( we will see who knows what that is ) good lord , I forgot about that. Lol. Almost the right time of year to find it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock