Private Clubs shutting down due to Corona...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you willfully ignoring how the use of soap and other cleaning agents can kill the virus?

If you take the tact of minimizing risk, knowing you cannot eliminate it, there are a lot of places you could be (overcrowded grocery stores) at greater risk when compared to a private golf/country cl

You’re a genius. Thanks. I don’t know what I was thinking.

in greater LA area, i know multiple clubs have shut down all operations except their golf courses. they are allowing members to play, but no carts caddies or guests allowed. some have removed rakes from the course, and all encourage members to leave the flag in. my guess is they are having grounds crews down to bare bones staff, and are cutting greens but not rolling them. i have to think the clubs are managing grounds crews in a way to practice social distancing.

i think closing the physical golf course would lead to members ceasing to pay monthly dues. keeping the course open even if you force members to walk and carry eliminates that.

i do think private clubs in dire financial situations will go semi-private or public, or even worse be sold for land, by 2021 as a result of this virus.

PGA West has implemented the following, so far:

1. Requirement to share carts is rescinded for the time being. Only two carts may drive the fairways, however, meaning I'm cart-path only for the duration. No problem for me.

2. Bars closed. Restaurants takeout only. Men's grill closed.

3. Men's Golf Association events canceled.

4. Sports Club exercise classes are outdoors, with a 6-foot physical separation maintained.

5. All events with more than 20 attendees canceled.

6. Limited hours in golf shop.

The idea is to reasonably limit physical contact between unrelated people, maintaining physical separation of 6 feet or more, but continuing to promote healthy outdoor activity. I'm impressed with the approach we've taken here.

Our Club is keeping golf courses, tennis courts and gym open. All food is closed other than “to go orders. All organized events are postponed. Played today with my daughter, tee sheet was packed (2 courses), rakes are gone, water coolers gone, flagsticks left in.

Hopefully it stays this way versus full shutdown. Although, at our Club many of us have our own golf cart so even if they shut down, we will be out there playing to greens with no flags ??‍♂️

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

Some courses in PA have already shut down entirely but some have only shut down the restaurant and bar operations, leaving the golf operations open. I live in Montco where, along with a few other counties, the Governor issued orders sooner than the rest of the state. It will be interesting to see what happens after last night's order from the Governor. It would make sense to me for a private club to shut down the clubhouse but allow members to continue to walk the course and play. Take you bag from the trunk to the first tee, then from the 18th green back to the trunk. You can follow all CDC guidelines doing that.

In an effort to stay open the club I belong to that is primarily golf cart use based is now only allowing members of the same household to share a cart. My. wife and I will still walk as we normally do. I'm told two clubs in North Scottsdale are currently closed but I'm not sure which ones they are as they weren't listed in the email.

{deleted}

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Adams A12 Idea Pro hybrid, 16*, Aldila 85 VS Proto Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

Want to do something useful instead of spouting nonsense? https://www.gofundme.com/f/covid19-lost-income-relief-fund-phoenix?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email_m_pd-5332-donation-receipt-adyen&utm_content=internal

As I noted in another thread, I've already donated $200 but I'll match the next $300 donated as well if you send me a screenshot showing your donation.