• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really - why lock the thread because of my post? Only stating facts? Nothing wrong and honest opinion. Many other golfers I now feel the same. Said absolutely nothing wrong...

As far as I know ALL courses in New Jersey & the surrounding area are open.

#sand

Northern NJ here.

I am at Montclair Golf Club and they stayed open until this Saturday. Golf courses, range and Turn house remained open but clubhouse, locker rooms and all bar/grill/dining was closed. You could order take out.

Come Saturday evening and government mandated closing of all "non-essential" businesses forced them to close the course and range too.

Here was today's update after yesterday's closures:

“Yesterday we notified golfers that state park courses would be closed. During subsequent discussions we determined that we would be able to allow limited rounds at select courses that are open.

Golf courses will implement a number of preventive measures, including increasing intervals between tee times, removing bunker rakes and ball washers, and decreasing use of golf carts; and facilities may take additional measures to ensure social distancing. Remember to be smart, stay six feet apart.

Visitor and staff safety remains our highest priority as we continue to monitor conditions daily. We apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have caused."

Ping G400LST 8.5 TPT 14 LKP LT LW Proto
Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
Mizuno JPX919 Forged 4i SuperPeening Blue X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tours5-PW Super Peening Blue X
Vokey SM7 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
Byron Morgan Proto DH89
Pro V1
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

Westchester County NY public courses remain open as of today, though we had snow and rain all day, so I doubt there was much play. Some of the daily fee courses around have closed (or never opened) but some are open for now. Golf courses don't seem to fit in the "essential services" definition, but do seem to fit the social distance recreation. And since the golf courses pretty much fund the rest of the county parks, I'm sure they're loathe to close down the only income generators they have.

Adams 9015D 10.5* Aldila Longwood 47.5"
SMT AF460c 12* Wishon Red S2S 44"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 16.5* 4 wood
Knuth High Heat 19* hybrid or Tour Edge Exotics XCG-7 19* 
Bridgestone Access VP-02, 6-AW
Inazone EZ-PZ CNC wedge 52* & 60*
Otey Crisman 41"

I'm playing tomorrow. I always walk and the courses here have adopted some sensible policies that should help. All rakes are taken off the course. The cup is raised an inch above grade and thus no need to reach in or touch flagstick. Hit the cup = holed. I assume these rounds won't be posted for handicaps. They also are not taking cash, closed food counters, scrubbing down surfaces and carts throughout the day.

Nothing is a guarantee but walking your dog in the park or playing golf seem to be low risk activities. As serious as the current situation is, there is a balance that needs to be met lest the measures being taken end up leaving us in a situation that is unrecoverable. Kinda like the doctor who was asked how the surgery went and he replied "The operation was a success, but the patient died."

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G400 5-SW Steelfiber i95

Ping Glide LW

Scotty Cameron Fastback or

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

thats incorrect, in NJ all private clubs are closed as well unless of course you own the course and play it yourself but its state law at this point. hoping the governor signs a waiver to allow members only to walk private clubs as a socially distant activity like they did in MI

Mavrik Triple Diamond D+ 60 LTD TX
M2 HL DF Hulk
Vapor Fly pro 4 HZRDUS Black 105
Cobra MB raw Modus 120 TX
SM7 52,58,62 Black Onyx TTDG
Strokes Gained RM5 Stability Tour

I haven't heard of any courses closing in the Orlando area.

Titleist 915d2 8.5º (Diamana Red  M+50 Ltd S Flex 45.5")

Titleist 915f 15º (Diamana Blue 70 R Flex 42")

Titleist 910h 24º, 21º (Diamana Blue 80 R Flex)

Srixon 745 5-PW (DG Lite S300)

Vokey Raw Red Saw 09' 50.08, 54.11, 58.12 (DG S200)

SC PP Del Mar 3.5, Cleveland HB 11 Soft, or Acushnet Bulls Eye WFLO.

GP 360 and Lamkin Crossline Blk

St Andrews links have announced that all courses are closed, that will be for at least 3 weeks with government guidelines

Really feel for anyone who's booked a dream golf holiday for the next 3 weeks

DRIVER: Taylormade Sim Max 9*

3 WOOD: Adams Tight Lies TI 15*

5 WOOD: Taylormade SLDR 19*

HYBRID: Adams Pro DHY 21 & 24*

IRONS: Ping I500 6-PW

WEDGES:Ping Glide 3.0 50/54*

LOB WEDGE: Titleist SM7 Raw 58*

PUTTER: Taylormade Patina Ardmore 3

BALL: Taylormade TP5x

Courses in Orange Cty, CA are closed indefinitely. Courses in nearby counties are closed or closing. Some courses are trying to stay open by adjusting how people are distributed on the course and providing safer environments but that's not fitting the big picture of the State Order. A business is either essential or nonessential and the Governors office decides which is which. Also, a Governors Health order supersedes any and all county orders requiring compliance.

Thank goodness I bought a nice chipping net. Each day I am still able to enjoy chipping inside or outside. Helps make me feel connected to my clubs by getting the ball in the net. Last go inside, 9/10 in the net from 12 yards.

• Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, i110cw "S"
  • Titleist 620s - 3i-PW, PX 5.5
  • SM6 F-52/8, PX 5.5
  • SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX

Interestingly as compared to other states, this course has now reopened even though Indiana's stay-at-home order is going into effect at midnight tonight. Another course pointed at the state and city of Indy not closing their courses as reason why they are staying open. The language of the executive order was a bit ambiguous towards outdoor activity, and it seems courses here will stay open for that reason.

Played in men’s league today. Rather than a shotgun start we went off 1 and 10 either walking or 1 per cart. It was nice to get out after a 3 week layoff. Round pool float in the holes and no rakes made for an odd round.

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G400 5-SW Steelfiber i95

Ping Glide LW

Scotty Cameron Fastback or

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Just got our league email today, a shout out to get ready to begin the golf season. We are waiting to hear from the course as to what is actually going to happen. Courses haven’t opened yet (just snowed again) but it’s nearly time. What a bummer. No Masters and likely no golf this spring. All secondary, of course, to people staying well.

I probably shouldn't say until the situation is clarified. Some of the affected staff said they were fired, but management is saying that there were "necessary layoffs". I'm not sure which is correct. Perhaps both. In either case, there are a lot of hard feelings going around as the owner appears to be preparing for a lengthy shutdown.

On a happier note, I heard of one course whose management appealed to the Governor to exempt golf courses from the mandatory shutdown. I'd like to see them open to walkers. Since, I'm one of the few at my course, this solution appeals to me.