What’s your prediction for when the PGA Tour resumes?

Serious question ... who do you mean ? Restaurants closed. Every other gathering closed. Do you mean anyone leaving the house ? Or just people who vent that are fed up on Twitter ? You can’t catch it though the internet. People can question the lack of fear control measures without disobedience to the counter active measures prescribed.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Thought it was pretty obvious?

Take a look at big concerts still going on this past weekend in the UK, all those muppets on the beach in Florida, those Nashville (I think it was there) bars flouting their openness, things like that.

I don't want to speak for the chap, but I'm assuming anecdotes like that are what he's pointing to and hopefully this week onwards we get less/none of them.

To amend my initial guess again, lol, Memorial without fans and I'm sure I'm likely still too optimistic.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

This is a pointless post. Things are changing HOURLY. There is no way of predicting when things will resume this early. Give it at least a few weeks and see how we are all doing.

PXG 0211 12° driver with Project X Cypher shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
Srixon Z355 22° 7 wood w/Miyazaki Jinsoku shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 19° and 22° 3 and 4 hybrids w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

Maltby KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid with KuroKage Black shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid 
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

Cleveland CBX2 50° GW w/Rotex wedge flex shaft
Maltby M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
Cleveland  Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5

Hmm. Haven’t seen any of that. I live in possibly the most shall we say “ less likely to conform “ state in the union. And we shut down schools , restaurants and advice is no gatherings over 20 people I believe. Aside from runs for essentials.

I’m shocked we weren’t the LaST to conform.

now there’s a discussion to be had on the UK. But it’s not going to fly here.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I love watching sports...my last two trips to Europe were planned around going to see Soccer games. However, I started playing golf in college (9 hole course right behind my dorm...50 cents a round!)...aside from Sunday viewing of the Masters in 86/87 and a couple of the other majors, I don't recall watching a golf tournament - I'm 100% all-in on playing/participating...it's the spectator part that I think has gotten out of control.

I guess what I'm saying is that it is a wonderful diversion, but it's amazing how easy it is to survive without it. I actually did about 20 years ago when I got fed up with my cable company, and had no TV for a year...

My final word is that with all the personal disasters we read about daily (especially in the service industry), reading about the NFL and their 9 figure player contracts is going to turn a lot of people off sports. If nothing else, it is really poor optics.

Yeah, @duffer987 was fairly spot on with what I was referring to. We have been limited to gatherings of 10, schools closed, bars/restaurants doing the carry out or delivery only, etc. but it's the people who are still going on their spring break trips, but maybe driving instead of flying, the people who have had offices close but are just all getting together at each others homes to work for the day, and the list goes on and on. There are also businesses that have basically said that they aren't spending the money to put systems in place to have people work remotely and making people come in less they be laid off or forced to use sick and/or vacation time. There are several people I know personally who are still going to make their daily trips to the places that they want to go and have their kids go and do the same like this is just an extended spring break for them. There are enough people I can see, know of, or know personally who are either put in a situation that they are forced to interact with others in larger numbers like an office setting or are making that choice on their own each and every day. Among those who are basically going about their daily lives, or at least as much as they can with closures, I have been invited to a few parties that these people are throwing this coming weekend. That's what I'm talking about when referring to those who are basically being dismissive of this in my post. I can listen to people complain on the phone, read about it on all forms of social media, and hear about it from others who are in the same place as me without a lot of issue because, while annoying, they aren't going to be the ones who are out there potentially getting and then spreading the stuff keeping me from moving towards my normal again.

I don't expect the PGA Tour, or pretty much any professional sport in this country, to go again this calendar year.

Most people truly don't understand just how destroyed this economy is going to be. Any and all money and time will need to be devoted to not let this country go into a depression. And that may not be good enough to do it. No less than half of the service/travel/leisure industry is literally going to go bankrupt. Unemployment is going to be in double digits. All of the recovery money will be going to the coasts, which means that flyover country - where the economic restrictions are just as bad (if not worse) but the virus, by in large, isn't as bad - will be ignored.

For the rest of the calendar year, its simply about personal survival. Every penny Im spending for the foreseeable future will be spent on me and my family to be able to make it through this. The vast, vast majority of the American public is going to be doing the same.

Sadly, not only does it seem will we come out of this later than believed, but it will be a different world financially as well.

there will be some enormous bills to be paid and pro sports money will be likely be much different

a lot of restructuring to come unless we come up with miraculous fix and we need to be ready for it.

i sound negative but really am just trying to prepare myself to be ready to get back to work in what I believe will be a much different world and game business wise

We might have a Football season. Golf may return for fall season. We could be just seeing the tip of the iceberg though.

My area grocery store is unable to keep stock. They have been out of meat, bread and eggs since last week. As others have said. Unless I'm buying food and essentials like that I'm not spending. This will be a big, big hole hole to dig out of.

Hope for the best but expect the worst to manage expectations. The talk of an October Masters tournament does seems ridiculously optimistic and unworkable. I doubt this was anything other than brainstorming (not necessarily from an official source) as opposed to a real solution from ANGC.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

I’m not going to make a prediction because the land changes every hour but I would be surprised if we were to see any of this years majors being played when they are supposed to be played. Although as I type that, the prospect of The Open at Royal St Georges in October or November with the Pro’s having to play in the weather conditions we would have at the time is definitely appealing although the knock on effect that would have on the size of field that could get out there makes that prospect unlikely.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

They can’t predict the peak , no way to predict anything else. better come soon. Or nobody will care.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

One other thing that hasn't been mentioned: volunteers. They are VITAL to the running of any tournament, with well north of 1000...most on the other side of 50...or 60 more likely...I volunteer at Riviera every year and that's what I've noticed...age is probably even higher in Florida or the desert events.

These people are NOT going to potentially expose themselves for "free", and even if paid....though I could see the tour try and tempt them by having the $80 "uniform" fee waived!

Hope you are right, but I seriously doubt it, fella.

The US (and the UK where I am) is at the very start of this. We kept our borders open unfortunately.

Do you know that India closed it's borders to China almost immediately and in their country of 1.4 billion people there are only 150 or so cases. They are right next to China.

As for the news that China have it under control, I don't believe a word of it. Wouldn't trust any numbers coming from their govt.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we see anything before 2021.

Our football season in the UK is gone and I think it will soon be cancelled. It won't start next season, as usual, in August. The summer Eurpean football tournament is gone. Olympics will be called off next - if they haven't been already.

I dare say the NFL season this year will be called off too

• Like 1

You make good points.

My positive counter would be...

Golf is actually in a unique position to lead the sports world out of the woods! And gain new fans and popularity.

Think about it. It’s only one event per week at most. The players do not need to interact and can practice the all important “social distancing. You don’t need refs, players police themselves. If there’s an issue, there’s video and officials can rule from a tent...or their house!

And even the fans aren’t all packed together. The game is played on a huge acreage and fans can stay as far from each other as necessary.

If these guys had some gumption, they would get 20 top players to just get in their cars, go to a course in Florida with a couple of camera crews and broadcast it. Do match play.

Id watch it.