2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What’s your prediction for when the PGA Tour resumes?

There's 330 million people in this country. A worst-case scenario where 500k would die is less than one tenth of one percent of the population.

At some point, you have to look at this from kind of a military point of view - how many casualties are "acceptable" in order to win the war? If we lived like normal and 500k die but the virus runs its course and the economy largely stays intact, is that okay? Or if we insist on these draconian measures over the next three to six months in order to cut that number down to 50k....but yet we suffocated the economy to the point that literally EVERY citizen was negatively effected, and in many cases life-altering and life-changing negative effects. Which is better?

• Like 1

The truth hurts dale. This whole thing is ugly. To steer it back to on topic. The Tour will not return unless the world comes to it senses within the next week or two weeks MAX. If it takes any longer the tour will be the very least of our worries.

For now the news media is having to much fun covering this “pandemic” and driving fear.

• Like 1

Its not an ugly discussion. Its a discussion that needs to happen. It should have happened already, but everyone is too scared to talk about it. After a few days of this nonsense, its finally starting to happen in the national media as they have realized how much fear and panic they've stirred among the masses.

Nobody wants to die. I dont want get sick. Nobody wants to get sick. But the facts are, people get sick. If its not this virus, it will be something else. Millions infected and die each year with respiratory ailments, whether its TB, pneumonia, common influenza, etc. There could be something that could happen to you or I today that ends up taking us down. That's the point....in the end, we all die. Its just a matter of when, and how. But the whole point of a modern society is to lead the best life we can possible with the time we have. The one point that is being forgotten through all of this is that death is part of life.

At some point, people are going to be sick of being scared, and that is going to override people being scared of getting sick. What is going on right now is not some other country invading us and starting a war. All of this stuff is self-imposed by our government.

• Like 1

Every sporting event, every entertainment venue and all extracurricular events are finished indefinitely. Even when areas begin to show infection rates decreasing, it will be months before anything is close to normalizing. At that point, the two biggest issues impacting when those events restart are:

Assuming it's safe to gather in large groups, what events are going to have the resources available to ensure the health and safety of 5,000, 10,000, 40,000+ people daily?If other parts of the country and world are still suffering, what event is going to even be allowed to use those resources, let alone consider the moral and ethical issues, for an entertainment event?It's going to be a long, long road getting back to some sense of normalcy. And to those who still think this is an elderly/sickly disease, 40% of corona virus hospital admissions in the U.S. are individuals between the ages of 20-54. That means either the initial assessment of who it affected was incorrect or it is actively mutating. If you can, please self quarantine for the next two weeks to prevent the spread. It literally is the best thing any of us can do. Eventually something will have to give in the weeks to come, but for now we need to do everything we can to slow the infection rate.

Wow... Ignorance and selfishness is still on full display here at WRX! Some of these people probably think the earth is flat.

Flood the Hospitals is one way to insure death by acute but otherwise treatable illness and injury. I still haven't heard one selfish person say they are willing to be the one that dies.

My days may be limited here on WRX because I speak my mind, but I don't really care anymore.

• Like 3

You deal with it the best you can. Its all you CAN do.

You can have a all-hands-on-deck approach without shutting down the country. That's what is being missed in all of this. Everyone is so virus-focused that they are missing the big picture. Everything that is being done from a medical standpoint by our government - from the ships to mobilizing military hospitals to the increase in funding for medical equipment - could have been done without shutting everything down.

ugh Edited. I just have to stay off here. I don’t want to be banned and not be able to give a last message .

be safe all. And behave. Nobody here is a bad guy or gal. We just don’t agree on what is important due to colliding perspectives.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The most accurate model we can follow is what is happening in China with Italy as a possible worst case given their severe situation. China was pretty much down for the count for 6-8 weeks. My company's employees in China went back to work last Monday. We are in week 1 here. If the curve flattens, I would expect people to go back to work normally beginning as early as may 1st and pushing into mid-May. I'd say the PGA Tour gets restarted early June. Of course, if there is a 2nd wave of the virus in China, then all bets are off.

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

Heres a picture for you.

There are 40 million people with this and millions who need an ICU and can’t get one. Every health professional is maxed out, we can’t treat any other illnesses.

And you think people would all be just going to work and baseball games and acting normal?

People wouldn’t go to work or go anywhere. It would be the same as now but total chaos and a much higher toll.

Cant you see how things would be far worse than mitigating the spread?

• Like 1

This! If nothing... nothing else sinks in, look at the toll on the health care services, they are already brutal and will get worse.

The surge/spike needs to be a steady flow. It's that simple.

We can all have different POVs on when they tee it up again, how 'serious' this is, etc... but this is just so critical.

Hit em straight when we can again fellas! And here's hoping we get to see Royal St. George's in all it's linksy glory this summer :-)

• Like 1

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Couldn't agree with you gents more. It's so obvious that it baffles me that there's some that don't get it. We can debate all day long as to the death rate, who only gets a little sick vs who's going to die and how many. But the one thing that should be undisputed is that the Healthcare experts (not the media) are warning of dire consequences as the medical system gets overloaded, and it will if we don't flatten the curve. People will die from things unrelated to this virus simply because there isn't adequate capacity. I still haven't yet heard from any of the doubters if their willing to sacrifice their own or a family members life.

Anyway I say The Masters is about the only tournament that has a chance this year only because they have so much infrastructure already in place and the resources to crash the preparation timeline. If they don't do it we're done till 21.

• Like 1

Follow what is happening in China: China Coronavirus: 80,967 Cases and 3,248 Deaths - WorldometerThen follow the USA: United States Coronavirus: 17,729 Cases and 230 Deaths - Worldometer

We have not peaked, but keep in mind that more testing naturally is going to inflate the total number of cases. Bottom line is we need to peak out sometime before end of March or this will drag on longer.

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

I once saw a forecast that health care would be over 25% of our economy by 2025. Well, this year health care could be 40% of our economy. that is just plain unsustainable. That equates to too much revenue for doctors, health care administrator, health insurance companies, and nurses. Which equates to no money for the rest of the service industry.

JaNelson, you are on to something. It is indeed, scary.

I see demonstrations in the streets if the lockdown continues.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Not this year. We will be lucky to see football. Look to China to see if there is a 2nd outbreak of the virus. By quarantining everyone part of the population will still be at risk to the virus. Unfortunately, it has to run its course.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

You call this an “exercise”?

“A hospital nurse in Michigan says she and her colleagues have discussed bringing in bleach to make their own disinfectant wipes. A pregnant nurse in Ohio says she has no choice but to tend to critically ill patients without a specialized N95 mask. And a health care worker in Georgia has resorted to scouring local hardware stores in an effort to secure the protective masks.“

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/system-doomed-doctors-nurses-sound-nbc-news-coronavirus-survey-n116484 Coronavirus: Italy's hardest-hit city wants you to see how COVID-19 is affecting its hospitals

D8YSR6ZOOPDJ.jpeg

Yes it’s an excuse to crash the economy. All of those are sad anecdotes there is no doubt about it and people getting sick and dying is sad. I wish I could help each and everyone of those people and brother I would if I could. Unfortunately people get sick and die everyday and did before the “pandemic” and will after.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1