2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Show me your backyard setup during shutdown

I'm building a green in my front yard over the next few months. Probably crazy, but I got a screaming deal on a greens mower and have time so.... I cut the grass low to determine a shape and get a sense of scale. Today I pulled bushes out of the ratty flower bed, tilled it up to get it ready for sod and some mulch. In the coming days I will strip the sod off of the putting surface, and bring in about 10 tons of sand to mix with the soil before shaping and seeding. Hopefully I can pull it off...finished product will be around 1200 - 1300 sq ft. Wish me luck...Covid's got me crazy!

2A6UQDBQNK1K.jpg

21WD2JDS5ZG3.jpg

907G04N66K1W.jpg

That's impressive. I laid artificial turf in backyard and it was also labor intensive. Trying to upload photo, but keep getting msg about long running script. I guess I need help with uploading images.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

HCM613NPC9GY.jpg

V2SLCX8YYM7M.jpgoh, don't know what I did, but finally just appeared. You can actually hit off the turf, but it will leave marks on the sole of your club. (easily scratched off with finger nail).

• Like 1

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Almost there. Today I added the ball washer and the PRGR launch monitor. Flags at 30, 25, 20, 15 yds.

U33RJEYEMAOQ.jpg

• Like 1

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

Actually almost done...the guys had a really bad accident a week or two ago, leaned one of those massive rafters up against the side, it slid off and hit one of them in the back ? brutal.

he has recovered and they are back at it, should be done this week

GTSRZGA9WM8I.jpeg

C4YQKAOIY268.jpeg

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

BKXM859N344A.jpegIt’s at the point where we can try out the screen, etc. tomorrow it will get its trial run!

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

1JXJ4HWE04E9.jpeg

5U9Q020EHGKZ.jpeg

Y1BQ8KTXZAA1.jpeg

Nice work. I admire your carpenter's square work. I have not tried to cut bird's mouths or calculated pitch, ridge line measurements e.t.c. Is that a Hammock? I don't see where you have a net to hit into.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Yea their work is pretty incredible. This is all just been the build process. Today was literally the last day of bracing everything, all is done apart from stain.

I’m going to take a couple hooks and the impact screen down there this afternoon, take the first swings. Pics coming in a bit of the hitting setup

B1DK62UAMG64.jpeg

Oh, you had it done. Those guys must have a bit of "steeple jack" blood. Really high pitch. You could even build a mezzanine there if you wanted.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Yea had it done by my buddy who is a carpenter. I helped almost not at all.

For sure Steep . Couple reasons-

if turned into mini home, that could be a convertible loft.

reduces rain noise on the metal roof

mounting a projector

Question for ya....where did you get your net? is is Rukknet or Sports Net? I am thinking about replacing my home made one. Mine has held up very well for several years now, but its time to get something new. Mine is made from PVC fittings, and is looking a little tacky.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I was watching a recent Mark Crossfield video on YouTube. Anyone know how he's getting that good of an image on his backyard simulator hitting screen? I can't see a projector in the videos, and can't imagine he'd get that much brightness outdoors if it was more than a few feet from the screen.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

I believe that is YouTube editing magic. He isn't really looking at that screen, it is added to the video from the recording. He's hitting into a net, not a screen. Notice he never looks at the screen for numbers or ball flight. He's looking at his iPad.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

Doh! Accidental post. Don't... know... how... to delete! (using best Captain Kirk impression).

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

GRR6PCU4B4N8.jpg

XNQLNCRSP5ES.jpg

Construction on my indoor sim area got put on hold so I'm limited to this at the moment. Does anybody know of any apps or games I could use for practice? I've just been picking random numbers out of my head and trying to hit them. It would be cool if there was some sort of offline app or game or training program that does this for you.

can't answer your query, but I noticed you experienced the same problem that I had with the cimarron target i.e. the middle stripe being destroyed. I am on my third already, one of which was given to me after I complained. It would be easier just to use some sort of painters tape, or paint your own target.

OTOH, I think that Swing Caddie has a practice mode where you can set a desired swing speed and try to achieve it. Could've been another app, I don't remember exactly.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Yeah I don't pay much attention to the target anyway. It's so loud when I hit it that I set up off center and hit right of it. I have a GC2 so it's not that useful anyway. I downloaded a random number generator on my phone that's pretty good. You can set the range and let it pick a number for you. Give yourself one shot to hit that number and it puts a little pressure into the practice. It would be cool if I had E6 connect or FSX mobile but I'm not dropping that kind of money on either and E6 connect isn't even supported yet. I just built a new gaming desktop for my sim room, but maybe I should've went with a good gaming laptop instead, haha.

Definitely get a laptop. Being able to use fsx in the yard is awesome, went for a nice graphics card.

you can always put The computer setup on a cart, I used to visit a fitter that would roll around

as far as games besides that, me and my friend will sometimes “play” a golf course or the first couple holes on the range before a tourney. Aim for certain distances, spin axis, etc.

Look like the thread died when the courses opened lol, but here is trial run pic.

I am deciding between brighter projector or a blackout roller curtain.. I’m leaning towards the projector due to free returns if it does not work much better than the current one, which is not really visible in daylight. Projectors in daylight lmao.

the screen image is small because it’s a short throw projector, and I didn’t feel like mounting it at the proper distance cause it has to go on the ceiling

worked pretty well in the gusting rain. And the super high pitch ended up waay clutch, standing on the Mats and swinging driver and thinking about the projector placement, it’s clear any lower and I would have been cutting it too close

1f0b15e6-694d-4a78-a371-7735f556e20a.jpeg

14271fb9-470b-4d49-bb88-3261abeed2a8.jpeg

e3f15016-cf32-45e9-8cb5-31844ecfd4d4.jpeg

fb2f7b7a-7588-4735-9aa4-dd5d741e99df.jpeg

What are the dimensions of your "shed"? Floor to flat bit of ceiling and distance between the walls? One heck of a set up you have there. My town has a requirement that you need planning permission to build anything more than 100 square feet, which limits options substantially.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

I’ll get dimensions for ya later when I go out there, another rainy day making me truly appreciate having the setup.

you may be able to get around Your permitting a bit. No need for a permit in my city if limited to around what you said, and without walls or permanent utilities. Add electricity or water, and I think any size space needs a permit here.

edit:it’s a whisker under 100 sq feet I think. I Remember me and carpenter looked up city limits, and built it right up to the max and without walls and in the back corner to avoid any scrutiny

Most of my gcquad use is hitting into a net and then glancing either at the computer screen fwiw

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified