PING closed because of Corona?!?!?!?

Joe Jordan

3 hours ago, Kevmonton said:

Called today and my build date was pushed back to January 12th.  Glad I ordered early.

That’s my concern, now September orders are being pushed to mid-January. It makes me think my October order will be delayed again. 

I completely understand the difficulties with COVID and don’t mind an extended lead time. Being told 5-6 weeks and then being delayed 13 or more weeks isn’t ideal. 

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

3 hours ago, moadhia said:

Will the g425 line be subjected to similar delays ? I am deciding between ordering g410 irons ( 10-12 week delay) vs g425 ( supposed to ship end of January) according to retailers. 

I would order the 425 irons.  If they haven't already, they will start experiencing product extinction for the 410's.  It could be heads, weights, shafts, grips or almost anything and your order could sit for a long time waiting in vain before they finally cancel the order.  Their whole focus now is on current line products and old lines aren't a priority.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Good news:  My Glide 3.0 54 degree wedge, which I ordered on 9/23, finally arrived via FedEx today, not quite three months later!  Hooray!

Bad news:  The shaft is 5 iron length, and I don't play single length clubs!   Not hooray!

It has a UST Recoil shaft, and I think those are just butt trimmed anyway, but I'm going to send it back to Ping and let them do it instead of having it done locally.  They've already sent me a shipping label, and it'll just add another couple of weeks to an already endless process. 

Bit of a bummer.  Still a first world problem during a pandemic, but bit of a bummer...

EDIT:  Changed my mind and butt trimmed and regripped the club last night, and will be using it when I play this morning.  After I reassured myself both on the UST website and thru a call to Ping customer service that Recoils aren't tip trimmed, it was a pretty easy measure and cut, and I do my own regripping anyway.  Beats sending it back right at Xmas and waiting another few weeks to get it back in hand.

Edited by bluedot
  • Sad 2

On 12/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, bluedot said:

Good news:  My Glide 3.0 54 degree wedge, which I ordered on 9/23, finally arrived via FedEx today, not quite three months later!  Hooray!

Bad news:  The shaft is 5 iron length, and I don't play single length clubs!   Not hooray!

It has a UST Recoil shaft, and I think those are just butt trimmed anyway, but I'm going to send it back to Ping and let them do it instead of having it done locally.  They've already sent me a shipping label, and it'll just add another couple of weeks to an already endless process. 

Bit of a bummer.  Still a first world problem during a pandemic, but bit of a bummer...

EDIT:  Changed my mind and butt trimmed and regripped the club last night, and will be using it when I play this morning.  After I reassured myself both on the UST website and thru a call to Ping customer service that Recoils aren't tip trimmed, it was a pretty easy measure and cut, and I do my own regripping anyway.  Beats sending it back right at Xmas and waiting another few weeks to get it back in hand.

Was the swing weight correct after you cut to length?

8 hours ago, Kevmonton said:

Was the swing weight correct after you cut to length?

It was; it was crazy high before I cut it down.  What had happened at the factory was pretty simple; somebody just put in a shaft, forgot to trim it, put the grip on, and sent it.  Cutting it to the correct length got the SW to where it's supposed to be.

I ordered a set of blueprints last week from a local shop and they told me 3-5 weeks. After talking to their ping rep they relayed that the blueprints heads are not in high demand and that is why the lead time was reasonable. We will see if shop was overly optimistic or not. They also said that there were quite a few containers of ping equipment lost when that container ship lost a lot of containers in rough seas in the pacific several weeks ago so that maybe contributing to the backlog on certain models.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, doubledub said:

hey also said that there were quite a few containers of ping equipment lost when that container ship lost a lot of containers in rough seas in the pacific several weeks ago so that maybe contributing to the backlog on certain models.

Sucks when that happens.  Way back in time the company I worked for had a shipment of golf bags ruined.  Since we only used 3/4 of a container, they packed in some snowmobiles.  Rough seas and the snowmobiles broke free and crushed all the bags.  Never had a container with heads go overboard, but it happens.  If it's the final run of a product or part of a product line, there really is no reasonable way to get it replaced since ongoing production lines are all booked up.

Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
MCC Align Midsize

I called in my order of two Glide 3.0 wedges today with Discount Dan’s. I custom spec’d the build so it’s nothing that would be in stock. They’ll place the order with Ping tomorrow (12/29) when they open back up after the holidays.

They quoted me 12 weeks last week. 

I should find out soon what a realistic lead time looks like and I’ll report back. 

• Thanks 1

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

On 12/18/2020 at 9:42 PM, QMany said:

That’s my concern, now September orders are being pushed to mid-January. It makes me think my October order will be delayed again. 

I completely understand the difficulties with COVID and don’t mind an extended lead time. Being told 5-6 weeks and then being delayed 13 or more weeks isn’t ideal. 

I also ordered my i210's in mid-September and they just arrived. There is hope!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arlin964 said:

I called in my order of two Glide 3.0 wedges today with Discount Dan’s. I custom spec’d the build so it’s nothing that would be in stock. They’ll place the order with Ping tomorrow (12/29) when they open back up after the holidays.

I should find out soon what a realistic lead time looks like and I’ll report back. 

Same, also DD. Maybe the 11-12 week estimate is playing it safe, will be curious to see if certain items are faster. My putter is also going to require some customizations so not like they can just grab it off the shelf and stick it in a box. 

20 hours ago, Arlin964 said:

I ordered a 54 and a 58 Glide 3.0 on Sept. 23rd; the 58 came in about 6 weeks, but the 54 was backordered and didn't arrive until 12/21.  And they were NOT custom spec'd in any way, so 12 weeks is probably a good guess.

1 hour ago, bluedot said:

I ordered a 54 and a 58 Glide 3.0 on Sept. 23rd; the 58 came in about 6 weeks, but the 54 was backordered and didn't arrive until 12/21.  And they were NOT custom spec'd in any way, so 12 weeks is probably a good guess.

It actually sounds right.  We ordered some i210s back before Thanksgiving for a customer.  We were told early February.

• Thanks 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Looking at the long lead times, the question is “When will the G 425 drivers be available “? I could order from overseas and get it in 10-12 days ( with a premium $$ tag) or wait until June..I’m going Srixon zx7 in the irons and will place the order next week with DD..Still on the fence for the Ping order...

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

I have a call into my Pro, he is checking on my order tomorrow. Placed a order of I210’s 4-PW first week of November. They originally said mid January. I told him to tell them to leave the grips off....my girls got my some GP MC Masters Edition that I’m going to put on there. Who knows, maybe that will help them get out quicker lol.

1 hour ago, golf9596 said:

Looking at the long lead times, the question is “When will the G 425 drivers be available “? I could order from overseas and get it in 10-12 days ( with a premium $$ tag) or wait until June..I’m going Srixon zx7 in the irons and will place the order next week with DD..Still on the fence for the Ping order...

Makes you wonder if they’re just finishing up what’s left of this cycle and if the new wave will just slide in seamlessly. Or will the lead times be even longer when the new stuff launches since they have to finish what’s already on order. And is it crappy to see a new model launch in the gap between ordering and receipt?

11 minutes ago, philsRHman said:

Makes you wonder if they’re just finishing up what’s left of this cycle and if the new wave will just slide in seamlessly. Or will the lead times be even longer when the new stuff launches since they have to finish what’s already on order. And is it crappy to see a new model launch in the gap between ordering and receipt?

We did pre-booking, I think in late October.  They said they're looking at February/March.  If you want them, you better move because they're already projecting delays.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Got my order confirmation email today for the two custom Glide 3.0 wedges. As of right now, estimated to ship 2/19. Fingers crossed it’ll be sooner!

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

9 minutes ago, Volgolfer said:

Buddy of mine ordered G410 hybrid yesterday from DD.  Three month wait....

I assume he cancelled.

Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
MCC Align Midsize

On September 29 I ordered Ping G710s (7-UW) thru a club fitter in RI (Spargo Golf....they are great). Yesterday, 3-months to the day after placing the order, I got word from the club fitter that Ping has the clubs scheduled for assembly this week and shipping next. By the time I get my G710s it will be about 3.5 months.

Clubs: Ping (Driver, 5W, 5H, 6H, 7i-UW), Cleveland (wedges), Odyssey 2-Ball counter balanced

Ball: Maxfli Tour (yellow) or Vice Pro (neon lime); Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope x5