PXG $95 per 0211 iron

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t really get all the heartburn around the shipping cost. Yeah we all want no tax and free shipping, it has become a driver of where we shop. But even with both of those, it’s still a better tha

I am very happy with my 0211 purchase. The practice facilities at my club are closed so I didn’t get to hit the clubs until I went out onto the course. On the first hole I hit my 8 iron to 1 inch from

Really? The packaging....

Yeah, I was ready to just buy the whole set and take a hit on the 10% restocking fee if it didn’t work out. On a whim, I figured I’d see what it did to shipping if I just added one...

Save $30 now, and if I have to return, it’s only $12 to restock, where it would have been 6x that with the full set. Obviously if I decide to buy, I’ll need to pay shipping again, but it’s still a little cheaper.

I am very happy with my 0211 purchase. The practice facilities at my club are closed so I didn’t get to hit the clubs until I went out onto the course. On the first hole I hit my 8 iron to 1 inch from the cup on the first shot. Needless to say, this is not a regular occurrence and my buddies now refuse to gamble with me.

• Like 3

Great--congrats. I placed my order on March 29th (5-GW, Elevate 95 stiff), and my irons have been built and are boxed up ready to ship out today. My guess would be that from ordering to delivery, it will end up being about 10-14 days. I can't play golf anyway with all NJ golf courses closed (ugh!), but looking forward to giving these a go when they arrive. Took a gamble on the Elevate 95 stiff, as a no up-charge alternative to Steelfiber 95 regular. We shall see.

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Max 9* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 665 Evo II TS R
Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M4
Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
Titleist T300 Irons 5-GW, Kuro Kage 105 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 BS SW (54*/14F) and LW (58*/12D), DG Wedge
Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

Testing out a set of PXG 0211 5-P+G reshafted with Nippon NS Pro 1050GH with ProSoft inserts. Built them 1/4” short to match the 2017 TM P790 length and they are near perfect.

Impact is intoxicating as they feel wonderful and have such a nice high, majestic flight.

Have only hit them in the field by our house but they are awesome. Look like a set of Ping irons at address but feel so much better.

Just sold my Ping G700 which had Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 shafts which were definitely longer and more forgiving but the sound, feel and look at address lack severely when compared to the 0211.

I have gone back and forth between Ping G series and i series for years so I don’t have issues playing shovels but PXG hit a home run with the 0211.

• Like 2

I may have ended up being pennywise but pound foolish, but I went with the Elevate 95 stiff untested at no upcharge, instead of going with my tested Steelfiber 95 at another $200 or so. I figure, if I really like the irons, but don't love the Elevate 95, I can send them back to PXG to be re-shafted with the Steelfibers. I had read some reports of people having success with the Elevate 95 as compared with the Steelfiber 95, so that gave me enough confidence to try the Elevate 95 at no upcharge. In any case, golf courses are closed here in NJ, so not sure when I'll be able to get out with the irons anyway (they arrive this weekend).

I got mine in the Elevate Tour X-stiff. I bought them on a whim and everything about the head and shaft combo just works for me.

DriversPXG Proto 0811x (10.5) Ventus Blue Velo-(Patriot Edition) 6 (stiff)
Fairway:  Taylormade Sim Max Rocket (14) / Aldila Tour Blue 65 (stiff)

Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5) / Hzrdus Red 75 (6.0)

Hybrid:  Cobra F7 3-4 (21.5) / Aldila Tour Blue 85 (stiff)
Irons:  PXG 0211 (5 - Gw) / T.T. Elevate Tour (x-stiff)
Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54/12) / Nippon Modus 115w
Wedge:  TM Hi-Toe (60/10) / KBS Hi Rev 2.0

Putter:  Mannkrafted MA/55 (Custom)
Bag:  Bennington LQO-9

Decided to take the plunge on this one also. Ordered 4-GW. Talked to an online fitter regarding the shaft and settled in on the Steelfiber i95 stiff soft stepped once. I received them last Saturday and have only been able to knock the GW around the yard for some short chips... they look great and the i95's feel good on chips. I have also noticed how the ball seems to jump off the face nicely... after hitting the first chip I was like... whoaaa.. and had to dial things back a bit to keep from going onto my neighbors yard. For reference I have a nice 30 yard stretch along the side of my house that I use to chip on.

Size wise how do they compare to the Gen 1 0311? That is what I am currently playing and kinda want these. Haven't seen or hit them tho. Surprised of so few reviews on YouTube. That said, I haven't heard/read 1 dissatisfied customer who has them.

is it because they are that good? Or that good of a value?

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

My irons arrived today. 5-GW, Elevate 95 stiff. A couple of photos. This is what your $60 shipping cost goes towards—nice presentation, but not really necessary. My irons came ungripped at my request (loose grips in the box). Already gripped them up with Tour Velvets. Until courses open up, looking forward to hitting them in my backyard with my new mat and net.

TWPJC8BNSIKX.jpeg

GU3C1Y795XSI.jpeg

9G2R63AKZWVX.jpeg

Are these irons in the same category as the king forged tec, p790, and i500? the players distance irons that should launch high and spin low?

I called pxg a few days ago and they told me they would have one of their phone fitters contact me but i haven't heard back yet. I usually fight high spin and im looking at replacing my z565s this year

That’s the angle of the pic...the gap isn’t that big. I tried to put a redline to show where sole actually ends. You get the idea hopefully. can You see where the silver color is different?

K23N7WZXDJDT.jpeg

Mine came today and I went 4-PW with i95 Steelfiber shafts. I am in that category of not really good enough to be using a players iron but don't like the look of a game improvement iron. I feel like these fit very well for that player in between. I would say they are a little bigger than Ping i210's, for sure when you get to 4, 5, and 6 irons. They look similar to the i210 which was appealing as well. Those were the irons I was deciding between the i210 and 0211. I like these a lot!

• Like 1

For anyone worried about these, don’t be. They’re great/excellent irons. I absolutely LOVE mine. Had them since July of last year and they have just transformed my game. For me they’ve become a point and shoot club. Even when I thin them a few times a round or it them off the toe, they still go straight and near distance as a good shot.

I tried to take corrective photos, but it wasn’t really making anything clearer. So I’ll just point out that the GW is totally normal size, and in line with the rest of the set and comparable players GI gap wedges. I compared it to my Ping ie1 UW, and though different shapes, they are comparable.

Been hitting the 0211 irons off the mat yesterday and today, and really pleased with their sound and feel. True test will of course be out on the course, but feeling good about the purchase. Couple of photos—8 iron with the white ball, and 6 iron with the yellow ball.

Elevate 95 shafts feel very nice—not whippy, but do seem to soften vibration as they advertise. I was hitting these along with some Steelfiber 95 shafted irons, and the Elevates do feel almost like a steel shaft version of those. Was also hitting the irons along with some forged irons like the J15 CB, and the 0211 held its own in sound and feel.

8EQIVFLPJ5WV.jpeg

K72RCS018QHO.jpeg

• Like 1

I need someone to either talk me into these or talk me out of them. I ordered a set of Mizuno 919 HM over the winter which are still sitting unopened in the box. I got a set of Titleist T200 on BST over the winter as well which I only have a couple of rounds on before courses closed down. Are the PXG going to blow me away enough to justify a 3rd new set of irons?