Forgiving 18 deg utility

U85 has to be up there. Love my 20*.

Taylormade Sim 9* Speeder 757 Tour Spec X

Taylormade Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue 110MSI 70x

Taylormade Sim Max 18* Tour AD GP 7X  | Callaway Apex '19 20* Veylix Rome 988 90x

Miura CB-57 4-7 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura MB-001 8-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist JDM Forged 51F & 56M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM8 60S Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Toulon Austin 34" | Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro V1 or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer

Another vote for Srixon.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue White 70 130MSI X
TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5° w/ Mitsu Diamana W 80X
TaylorMade Sim Max Rescue 19° w/ HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
Yonex Ezone CB-301 3-9 w/ Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48°,53°,58° w/ DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 34"

I've done plenty of experimenting with driving irons the past few years, but always have one in my bag due to not having ever found a hybrid that I could really go after it. Forgiveness wise, you will be hard pressed to find a better driving iron than the Srixon U line. I currently have a U65 in my bag. Taylormade UDI's are rocket launchers, especially with the right shaft but are less forgiving than the Srixon. I recently hit the new titleist offerings and really enjoyed each of them. I believe they offer additional forgiveness over the UDI and more similar to the Srixon.

From the tee, the Srixon Z U45. Forged, butter, soft, and long. The squared off fat sole is clunky and not the best from the fairway. I'd guess ditto for the U65, but I didn't like my U85 at the new higher D4 SW.

From the fairway, the Cobra King Utility Black One. Large sweet spot forged face and the seven iron length makes center contact and play from the turf a breeze. The sole-turf interaction is the best of any of the many DI / UIs I've tried. Of course you're going to give up yardage, but there is the full size one as well.

What's more forgiving? A 20° Utility or higher. Plus if you go up in loft, there are a lot of long and easy SGI / GI irons out there with quite a few making it into tour player's bags.

u85. srixon does a good job of hiding the mass, but its there and it makes this very forgiving and easy to get the ball up in the air.

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S

Adams XTD 17* Fubuki 

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Callaway Apex 23* OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

5-6 Srixon Z585 Modus 120S

7-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

52 Ping Glide 3.0

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3

It is absolutely money. I've tried 716 TMB, 718 TMB, UDI (older RSI and new), P790 3 iron bent strong, GAPR, Bridgestone, Apex UT and nothing comes close to the Srixon. Hybrid flight if you want it (can still hit low), bullet straight, and easy to work. Reshafted with Tour AD DI 95X and the feel has come alive. Only complaint was the stock shaft is quite soft and high torque. Today I played 2 balls on a par 5 as I was playing alone, put both pin high from 235 out on a VERY tricky second shot (water left and two immense old growth trees as a "gate" 40 yards from the green on either side of the fairway). Made bird on both.

Taylormade Sim Max 18* Tour AD GP 7X  | Callaway Apex '19 20* Veylix Rome 988 90x

Ping Hoofer

i agree about the stock shaft. some competitors have a better option there. but i knew I was going to change any stock option to an ad di 95 or tensei 90 anyway. opted for the ad di95. keeps the mid to high launch i was drawn to but flies further with better dispersion and you can go after one.

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S

Adams XTD 17* Fubuki 

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Callaway Apex 23* OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

5-6 Srixon Z585 Modus 120S

7-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

52 Ping Glide 3.0

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3

Cobra F6 Baffler. An ultimate utility club. You can hit it like a 5 wood or like a hybrid. From any lie.

Ping G410 Plus driver
Cobra F8 and F6 Baffler woods
Callaway XR hybrids
PXG 0211 irons 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14 and Zing Lob wedges
Ping Sigma G Craz-E putter

My top 3 that I tried this year are U85, mp 20 hmb and u500. Currently playing the u500 and absolutely love it. It was the best looking to my eye and it fit my gap better than the other ones.

Titleist TS3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2

Titleist TS3 15* Diamana S+ ltd Blueboard 70s tipped 1"

Titleist U500 2i Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 hb

Callaway Apex Pro Double Dot 4-pw Accra i steel 125

Vokey Raw SM8 50F, 54S, 58S (custom grind) Nippon Modus 125 wedge

Cushman Custom C&C 1.0 Raw Carbon KBS CT Tour Matte Black, Golf Pride Pro Only Red * or

Mizuno M Craft Type 1 Satin  Stability Tour Shaft, Golf Pride Pro Only Green*

Bridgestone Tour B XS

The cobra King Utility irons has been my fav club the last two years.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 UST Proforce V2 8F5
Taylormade Gapr low 2 
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Again another +1 for Srixon. I've got a U65 3iron that I'm having strengthened to 18* and fitted with an Accra TZ5. I play links golf so wanted a low bullet shot for when the wind gets up.

------------------------------------

TaylorMade   Tour Issue Sim Max <---> Hzrdus Green Small Batch Hulk PVD 60x
Callaway        Mavrik 4w 16* <---> Aldila Rogue White 85x
TaylorMade   Tour Issue Sim Ti 5w 20* <---> MCA Kuro Kage XTS 80x
or
Mizuno           MP20 HMB 19* <---> Accra TZ5 95x
Titleist            620 CB 4i <---> TI x100
Miura              MB101 5-PW <---> TI x100
Callaway        Custom Jaws 50* <---> TI x100
Titleist            SM8 54* <---> TI s400
Callaway        Custom Jaws 60* <---> TI s400

Putters
TaylorMade   Spider X Tour Issue GSS Insert
TaylorMade   Spider X Retail
Toulon            Garage Madison
SRC                 IKB1 Proto

I use a Srixon U65 in place of my 4 iron I put a project X LZ graphite shaft in it to match up with my set. The graphite LZ is a good match for it. I like the V sole through the turf however it’s still hard and tight lies right now. The V sole doesn’t do much to help with a thin lie on rock hard clay soil. The forged face feels good and I like its clean looks. It is my 200 yard club I still rely on a 3 hybrid for filling that gap to my 3 wood. The U series UIs have always had good reviews. Still not as forgiving as a hybrid maybe forgiving isn’t the right word my 4 hybrid launches easier and gets higher but here in Kansas we get some windy days so the U65 goes in the bag on those days. I think you have more control with the UI but you must have speed. I think to me feel is what stands out most about

Pretty much convince to go with the u65 . got offer on a 18 and on a 20 deg. and wondering now wich one to go . i have a 15 epic flash and a 19 deg h1 .. will be used more on the tee for long par 3

The 20 is my choice. It's a reliable 230 off the tee and I'm comfortable using it on long par 3s. Not crazy about an 18 degree for hitting into greens it's more a chasing it up club. I'd loft the h1 down to 18 and go 20 in the U65.

Ping Hoofer

I went the Rickie Fowler route and got a Cobra F9 4i head bent to 18.5* with a Kuro Kage HY 90TX shaft and it's pretty fantastic, super forgiving and launches it from the tee, fairway and rough, and feels great. That being said, I can't just sit on a club so I got a Srixon U85 2i (I play Srixon Z785 irons so I had to try it out) with a GD Tour AD 95x and it's also fantastic, I've only played it a few times, but they're going battle each other out!

If you get rid of the U85 AD DI let me know!

Ping G410 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G410 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 10X 
Srixon Z785 4-P Mitsubishi MMT 105TX  
New Level M-Type 50/54/60 KBS 610 S+
PXG Operator P Gen 2 35”  
Bridgestone Tour B X 

Another vote for the Srixon ZU65/85. Bought one a couple of months ago and really liked it from the first day.

Super easy to hit from the tee and not that hard to hit from turf. Don't like to hit it when the ground is hard as a rock tbh.

I went for the 20 degree with a graphite shaft, as the 18 degree would be to close to my 3 wood and to far from my 4 iron.

Hahahah good call

Ping G410 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G410 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 10X 
Srixon Z785 4-P Mitsubishi MMT 105TX  
New Level M-Type 50/54/60 KBS 610 S+
PXG Operator P Gen 2 35”  
Bridgestone Tour B X