2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

TaylorMade Golf - ASK US ANYTHING

TaylorMade Golf

How about a new loft sleeve to flatten lies, not just ones that go upright. I still might be on the TM train, especially if I could flatten the lie of your hybrids. Titliest and Ping are doing it and better golfers want it. Speaking of which, how about flatter lies in general. A just for an example, my GAPR Hi which I like is just too upright. I'm having to move on because there's no way to flatten the lie. Instead of a D model like drivers there should be an F model for hybrids. p.s. Brilliant idea, please thank me later.

Along the same vein, shorter driver shafts. Bring back the Burner and R Series division in driver product line. The M designation for everything just stands for muddled. And bring back the HLs and a true 4 wood. Ok, that's a lot to work on, please let me know:)

... I had some reward cash I had to use and went to 2 Dicks and 1 Golf Galaxy looking for a low bounce 58* Milled Grind 2 in black finish. I like to leave that finish in white vinegar and have a raw wedge but none of those stores had one in stock. I would have settled for the Chrome finish but none of those either so I had to buy a Vokey SM8 58-8 because they had plenty in stock in all 3 finishes. Any reason why no low bounce Milled Grind 2 58* wedges are stocked by Dicks and Golf Galaxy?

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

I don't have a big slice or hook to worry about if that's what you mean. Although one of those pops up in a drive every 10th go maybe. Price is not a sticking point really. Most important to me in a ball.... hmmmmm..... I guess I just want a ball that fits my level of play, give what I've said above. I do appreciate a soft feel around the green I guess, followed by flying straight as possible, followed by distance. Sorry, this is probably what everyone asks for.... Appreciate your responses to mine and all these other questions on here btw.

Cool thanks so much Freddy.

I know it was probably confusing, but my only need/want is to get a head that weighs somewhere between 202-206g.

All the confusing mumbo jumbo was me figuring out how to do that through you guys since I heard you try to keep things around a stock SW.

I actually have no need for the shaft - just the head only and ideal would be from you guys directly because club builders here send things out for hot melt. So was trying to avoid getting it, bringing to builder, sending out, waiting, etc...

But all good though! Maybe I’ll try it and see how close they get, or just stick with lead tape until heavier weights are available.

Thanks for the reply! This is an awesome thread!

Awesome that you guys are answering questions!!

I know its a weird ask without seeing my swing; but can you think of a reason why I tend to get out of control ballooning shots and spin numbers on the so called "low spin" shaft offerings out there with a 105m.p.h. driver swing?

I always fit better into higher trajectory shafts instead of the low spin ones.

Smoke Yellow and Green had me in the 2900-3500 range while the UST Helium dropped me right down to 2200-2300.

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

@DoubleEagle08 Sorry my friend, no 16.5 in the works. If you haven't hit the sim max 15* 3wd it launches much easier and higher than m6 of last year. I am finding not many people need the help with extra loft and if still low we have been able to get launch up with a different shaft.
Freddy V. - Team Taylormade

@BraxtonFullerton Evening! This isn't as uncommon as you may think. Golfers don't always fit into the box you think they should. By that I mean that if someone spins it alot we should put **low shaft a** in and that will solve the problem. Not everyone delivers the club the same way to the ball and not every shaft reacts the same way to the golfer. This is why is so important to get fit and try shafts out to see how YOU deliver the club to the ball with the shaft and head combination you are trying.
Here's an example of one that comes up often.
Golfer walks up with his gamer and spins it at 3300 RPM's. I put a club together with the Tensei pro white 60 stiff and hand it to the golfer. I notice spin doesn't come down, dispersion goes everywhere. In my head the golfer can't feel where the club is. I'll typically ask the golfer for input on how the club feels in the transition and if they feel the shaft loading for them. The answer that comes back more often than not is that they can't feel where the club is or feels too stiff. I'll then put a shaft that loads more or a lower kick point shaft (which you call higher trajectory shafts). It's night and day. Center hits return and dispersion tightens up. This is usually followed by a loft down situation to get spin down and BOOM, we have a winner. The shafts that do this a lot are the Graphite design Iz and Di for faster swing speeds and the Bassara for lower swing speeds.
Freddy V. - Team Taylormade
  • Like 1

Will you pass along the suggestion that custom orders really need to allow specified swing weights, or at least have the ability to set to standard SW if lengths change, shafts change, etc. The irons have hosel ports to adjust after the fact, thankfully, but buying woods can be a frustrating experience if you go away from stock length and stock shaft weight.

I just bought a SIM Max Rescue through the Custom Shop with a Steelfiber i95 (at stock length) and it came at D7. It's unusable and is basically a paperweight. Such a disappointment for a club I was really looking forward to getting.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

I used to play the tp5x due to nice flight and lower driver spin but was getting punished around the greens. Went to the tp5 and this fixed the green issue but has affected the driver and irons.

Is there an update 5x that will react more like a ProV1X or can you recommend something? I like the lower driver spin and the firmer feel but just to much release on the greens.

Hi taylormade

I'm currently playing a sim Max driver @ 9.75* , Ust proforce V2 and love it , it's completely eliminated my left miss, and I can finally hit the power fade again. I had the ventus blue velo, but just couldn't make it work when I recieved it after the fitting.

I then got fit for the Sim Max 3 wood. Ventus blue 7s Velo, what I am finding is that I am hitting low bullets where usually I hit 3 wood sky high. I was even hitting the Rocket version higher than I am hitting my 15* , do you think that the stated loft could be off ??

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*, UST Attas Prototype DK 7x 44.5"

5wood: Ping G400 16.5*, Ping Tour 7x 42"

2iron: Srixon ZX 18* , Aerotech steelfiber i95s, 1* Flat standard Length.

3hybrid: Ping G410 20* Flat, Fujikura 2.0 8x

4&5irons: Ping i200 , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

6-pw: Ping i Blade , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52* & 58* , Aerotech Steelfiber i95s. 1*Flat

Putter: Nike Method 001 "Oven" flowneck.

Grips: Lamkin UTX 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus (white & Neon yellow)

There can be trade-offs with any piece of equipment and you should consider this when playing with said equipment. It sounds like the 5X will perform the way you need off the tee and into greens on full shots but, you may need to play shots around the green to release a bit more. Choose landing spots shorter from the hole and watch them snuggle up! If you have watched professional golf for decades now, you will have noticed that more and more shots chase out rather than ripping to a stop like they used to. Our engineers will continue to push for more in all of our equipment, including the golf ball; who knows what they will come up with next?

Chris C. - Team TaylorMade

It is possible that the loft of 15.0 would measure out to 14.85 or 15.15, but I would be really surprised if it would be greater than .15 degrees either up or down. Do not become ruled by shaft uniformity in your woods. Sometimes the same shaft make and model does not work as well in another club; be sure to try other options with your fitter to produce the desired ball flight to see if you can do better. I don't care if I have four woods in my bag with 15.0 printed on them, if they all have a different use and utility that I want to have on the golf course. We are only able to have 14 wrenches in our tool box on the course, make sure they function they way you want them to and don't worry if they don't look the same when lined up against your wall during a cleaning session. :P

Chris C - Team TaylorMade

Any chance you can release the version 2 tour issue sim fairway wood with glued hosel and smaller head?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

39" Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Another quick question for TM

Would you say the new SIM woods are faster than the M series from 2016/17? I have a 3 and 5w M1 and I feel like I would be interested in maybe consolidating down to a just a 4w. I see you got good results from opening the 5w up a bit... wondering if I could squeak a few more yards out of SIM because I don't know if that would work with the older wood.

ZIggy16 - SIM woods are certainly faster than the M1 with the addition of ZATECH Titanium which allows us to make the face hotter. I like the idea of consolidating if you don't have a need for both in the bag. With that being said, if you go that route, I would recommend having the 5 wood at or close to 3 wood length.

Lewis S. - Team TaylorMade

Hi guys,

I know this has been discussed prior when the tech was originally released, but with twist face technology, will a high toe miss that is caused by an open club face and and out to in swing path be exaggerated/Made worse by twist face? I would assume a more closed face angle would be where the tech would help. If so, is that inherently how It works or has any changes been made to it since it’s initial release? Thanks!