Fujikura Zcom BW 65

Oaks

Fujikura ZCom BW65

I appologize to everyone for this review being such a long time coming... but I wanted my ducks in a row before I decided to write my review. I had never thought of trying a Fuji Zcom until my conversation with Joe Kwok after I had won the Tour Picture thread for my pictures of the Deutsche Bank Champ.

Anyways, I waited for a new driver head for this shaft, and when my Bridgestone J33R 460 arrived in the mail, it was straight to Joe for the shaft. After getting it back and tracking down the FedEx truck, I immedietly took the club to the indoor driving range here in RI... it was dark out and a little chilly, I know not the ideal setting, but I needed to hit it like any good ho.

Ok... looks - the Zcom series is absolutely stunning... it is simple, yet elegant. The Zcom lettering working down the shaft to the solid black make this shaft looks as good as your woman dressed in a nice black dress... elegant!

Performance - I was surprised... I stepped up to an X-Flex :tongue: from the usual Stiff that I have always played. While it is still tough to tell the actual distance gain or loss... I can say that my misses are closer to being on center, and I have almost eliminated the dreaded dead-left tee shot... now let me tell you that is a relief... The trajectory of the shaft is similar to my old Penley ETA 75 without the balooning effect that I would often get with a Aldila NV.

Feel - As I mentioned I was always a player of Stiff shafts and thought that moving to a Extra Stiff would feel boardy and harsh, boy was I wrong. This shaft flows through the ball like a trail of smooth melted butter. There is no harsh feeling... I am thrilled with how this shaft feels.

Overall - I am thrilled with how this club and shaft have turned out. This will be my 2006 gamer driver and for anyone who has not had the pleasure of working with Joe Kwok, I cannot thank him and the crew at GolfWrx and Fujikura enough for this honor! I will add more to this review as the weather warms in the spring and I am able to put some more rounds into the shaft!

M3 9.5* - ACCRA TZ5 265 M5      M5 Rocket 14* Matrix Black 8M3    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
TM 2014 TP 4-PW DG TI X100     RTX4  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     Evnroll ER5    Titleist  Players 4
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. What is your swing speed?

I always play stiff shafts too, but the Fujikura website says to get the X if your swing speed is 105+.

My swing speed is around 105 to 106 on average, but I think that my swing speed will increase slowly over the next few years from weight training, stretching, etc...

Should I go with an X? Maybe Joe could help me out on this one.

• 2 years later...

I recieved a BW65 Stiff from Joe Kwok. I've had it in my driver for about a month now so I can write this review knowing I've put enough time in with it to be confident in my opinion.

I had it installed it to play at 45" in my Bobby Jones Player Series driver. It was tipped 1". It frequencied at around 252 or so. My swing speed is around 95 give or take.

This shaft performs very, very well. It is incredibly smooth-feeling through the ball yet very stable at impact. My drives do not get spinny at all - just nice, high and flat. I have a lot of confidence that the shaft will be there when I need it to be. As long as I do my job and put a nice swing on it, the shaft promises to it's job and deliver a piercing ball-flight.

In my opinion, it feels similar to the Bassarra but has much more stability and less dispersion.

As far as distance goes, it does not dissappoint one bit. For reference, I've had at one time or another: NV, NVS, Pershing, Mamiya Axiv, ProLaunch Blue, ProLaunch Red, Harrison Striper J, YS6, Proto By You, UST V2 among others. I've been hitting this driver combo farther than anything I've ever hit.

If you attack the ball real hard/quick then this may not be the shaft for you. But if you tend to swing through the ball, I'd definitely give this shaft a whirl.

Ping Anser 10.5, Speeder 661 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3/5 Woods, GD Tour AD Stiff
Callaway XHot 23*
Cobra Amp Forged 5-P, KBS Tour+ Stiff
Vokey SM4 50*, SM5 56* S Grind
TP Mills Custom Soft Tail

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.