2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New PXG Driver release soon???

Glad to hear that they sent the new irons, then you shipped back once you got them. I don't even need a new shaft, just a clean head would be great!

In other news, hit the Proto x+ today. Great, solid feel, unique (in a good way) sound, and was able to bring my launch and spin down from my Gmax/Venus Blue combo. Want to get it out on the course and try with the Ventus blue before making any decisions. Ordered an extra tip with the driver, so gonna throw that on the ventus tonight to try.

My proto is still in final inspection. It must be getting a very good once over ?

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Ditto. Been in that status for two days

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

• Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Ahh man I just saw the announcement and watched the video and was going to post the link. WRX never surprises me. ?

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Lord, I ordered mine on 5/9 and it’s almost done. Supposed to ship out next week. Oh well that’s still a quick turn around.

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Still in 'inspection' status after three days. Maybe the ones being shipped to Canada have more stringent processes.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Finally. Shipping notice sent to Fed Ex. Will be here next Friday.

That will give me 8 days to get ready for a 54 hole tournament ?

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

2 of 5 weekend rounds completed today and the Proto X is longer by at least 15 yards compared to Gen 2 X. However, mishits continue to get punished considerably more than they do with the Gen 2 X. It feels so good when you nut one with the Proto, which is amazing because the Gen 2 X feels great as well. Its on its way to being a keeper!

Took my new Proto X + to the range for the first time today.

I agree with snagy2000.... Proto X+ is 10 to 15 yards longer than my Gen2 XF. I was really pleased with the dispersion as well .

I have a Ventus Red in my X+. I have not tried the Handcrafted Evenflow blue shaft in it as yet... with the way I was hitting the Ventus Red, the Evenflow might not see the club.

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus 
PXG Gen4 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4  5 metal;  Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid; 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps; 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

Got my Proto delivered yesterday and was able to get to the range today. I may get back out later today as well for more range time. I thought it was pretty interesting. I have a Ping G410 LST 9 degree that's been my current gamer. I had a Gen 2 9 degree driver as well that I just never fully loved. I brought the head out to hit with the new Proto and used the same shaft for comparison. The 2 PXG's were using the Project X Yellow 60g and the Ping was using the Project X "Hulk" 60g (and was 1" longer"). My swing speed is around 100-105 MPH, but I typically need a shaft for an "aggressive" swing.

Gen 2 - Exactly as I remembered. Ball went straight but flight was low and felt "dead". Mishits the ball just fell out of the sky and good hits never really got that penetrating ball flight. After 10 swings I remembered why I left this club and went to the Ping.

Ping - Back to the piercing ball flight. Ball just explodes off the club face. I was seeing what I've seen on the course with just a little too much left miss and right miss. Been trying to get down to one miss but it's a little off right now. Only hit a few with this because this is my gamer and I know what it can do. Just wanted a baseline to see where the ball was landing in the range for comparison.

Proto - Started off with the weight back for forgiveness and lofted down to 8.25. Was hitting some solid shots. The feel I would say is closer to the Ping than the Gen 2. It definitely popped off the face more. The sound wasn't as dead and sounded less like a thud that I got from the Gen 2. Was hitting it good but a little off. I was seeing what others mentioned that good shots flew and mishits didn't. I thought just to try something different I went to the weight forward and wanted to see if it changed the flight. Ball came out lower but somehow I was hitting ropes dead straight. I lofted up to 9 and even got it to 9.75 before I found the trajectory I liked. But the balls were staying ropes and taking off. It was interesting but it seemed like the sound changed from the weight moving forward (preferred the sound in the back).

Keep in mind this was an hour session and I'm by no means a robot. So the more range time I get will confirm if in fact it's continuing with the accuracy. But first session was promising. And obviously I need to get it on the course because we don't stay on the range. But so far was very impressed. Way better than the Gen 2 so if you love the Gen 2 definitely think of upgrading as it was way better (for me). Is it good enough to kick out my Ping...that is still up for debate.

5 of 5 weekend rounds completed, 8 rounds completed in total over the last week for testing purposes, the Proto X is a keeper. It continues to put me in places further down the fairway my Gen 2 X never did. Plenty of times I was hitting 2 clubs less into greens while my golfing buddies were cursing and wondering what was going on. Standard setting leads to a penetrating ball flight with a nice roll out. The Proto X imo is for the better drivers of the ball and WILL punish mishits. If you're not able to successfully play the loss in yardage from those mishits, I suggest staying away from this model.

• Like 1

I completed 2 extensive range sessions this weekend and played 18 today with the new Proto +

The Proto + is significantly longer than my Gen2 XF; While not quite as forgiving, the + is, IMO, more forgiving than the Gen2 X.

The sound of the ball impacting the club face is fantastic; no “pinging” sound-a solid sound.

I could not be happier with the new Proto + with the Ventus Red.

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus 
PXG Gen4 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4  5 metal;  Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid; 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps; 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

Ahhhh, I don’t want to hear this. Still waiting and ordered mine May 9th. Congratulations though. It’s just jealousy.?

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Ordered on 5/5 at 45” D4 with Ventus blue 6X, heavy weight up front, and Flat lie angle setting.

Picked up this morning at PXG Scottsdale and went to play TPC Champions course directly after.

I used Left Dash Prov1x and Bridgestone Tour B X balls. Flight was perfect mid/high launch and shaft felt very active but controllable. I previously used a Gen 2 X with Pro Orange 60tx. Shortest drive of the day was a deep heel shank low fade that kept enough ball speed to roll out around 275 yards according to GPS. It also kept its dispersion line infinitely better than the Gen 2 head would have held with the same strike.

I hit 2 drives as long as I’ve ever hit any golf ball (346, 349). Temps were high 80s, with low humidity, but fairways were somewhat soft from being watered off and on during the day. my playing partners joked about what an $800 driver must perform like to be justifiable before we teed off, but by hole 12 everyone wanted to swing it. On the softest fairways my ball marks were landing between 297-315 and getting no roll out. On the firmer fairways roll out was a little hotter than expected.

PXG has a huge winner here so far. Playing 6 more rounds this week on a golf trip so let’s hope the honeymoon continues.

Will have Trackman data by end of the week from club champion.

**the pics show gps distance from tee box. Look in lower left, we played blue tees**

5485ee6a-cad3-4517-9e4c-9beca41a4f83.jpeg

b6dc3db0-976d-447c-b911-76f57d23dcc5.jpeg

I love seeing all the great feedback on the new Proto driver. beyond the new weight setup, does anyone know any of the tech behind the new driver? TIA.

Driver: PXG Gen5 0811XF 9* with Tensei CK Blue 65, stiff
3W: PXG Gen4 0341 15* with Fukijura PRO 2.0, stiff
Hybrid: PXG Gen4 0317X 19* with Fujikura PRO 2.0, stiff

4i-6i: Srixon ZX 5 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff

7i-AW: Srixon ZX 7 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff
54: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
58: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Coronado California

Yikes. What are you eating? I know different company and different rep but those are “BOMBS” ???? still waiting on mine? said it should ship out next Monday.

whats your SS?

I’ve also got an order I’ve been waiting forever on from Titleist for a few dozen left dash Pro V1x’s. Want to compare those to the TP5X. I’m hitting between 110-113 on my current Mavrik with 2600 spin and 14* of launch. I’ve been saying this new Proto is going to really have to be something to knock it out of the bag.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Took my Proto X+ out for the first time today. I only played nine but I had nobody within 5 holes of me either way so I played two balls hitting both of my drivers.

Proto X+ 10.5

Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 6.0 60 at 44.75 inches

All weights and lofts at factory standard

TaylorMade Sim 10.5

Ventus Velocore Blue 60 stiff at 45 inches

Sliding weight and loft sleeve at standard.

Course conditions were firm with a one club wind at its peak. Elevation is around 5300 feet in the high desert of Albuquerque, New Mexico. It has rained about .05 inches in May and the last significant rain in early April.

Handicap is currently at a 12. I was at 7 two years ago but kids shot that to hell. Swing speed is 102-103 when warmed up. If I get lazy with my swing it gets too far forward in my stance, I get flat and hit low on the heel. I can hit massive hooks.

I used driver on seven holes. Normally I would use a 3 metal on 4th hole as it is a short hole that can punish a wayward shot. As this was about testing drivers I used them there as well. I kept everything standard as I had never used a PXG driver before so I wanted them as neutral as possible. Ball for both clubs was the Srixon Z Star.

On my best shots the Sim was a little longer as it has a more penetrating ball flight which is great on these firm fairways. 5-7 yards on my best strike when comparing the two. My misses were more to the right with the Sim. I was having a good day with driver swings and I didn’t get too flat and hit a big hook.

The PXG was a pleasant surprise. On my good swings it had a higher launch with a gentle draw. My best drive of the day was a flat 415 yard par 4 with a one club tail wind. I hit a very nice medium high draw and had 120 to the center of the green. The same hole I had 114 in with the Sim. Two holes later I hit a 285 yard drive with a calm breeze. The Sim was blocked right.

Overall I was more consistent with the PXG. Misses were playable and not in bad shape. I had one unplayable drive and it was with the Sim. More course time is needed and I would like to get on a launch monitor with both. However if it keeps performing like today I can see the Sim ending up on the BST soon.

• Like 1

Took my new Proto X+ to the range last night. Hard to tell much there except much lower ball flight with the weight in front and different sound. I adjusted the loft to 9.75 before hitting anything. For me, still too high with the weight in back. With the weight in front had an old school Callaway Fusion like sound but a little better. Seems real low spin with weight in front. Forgiveness seemed good but I will know more after a round today. I still don't get why positive attack angle model comes only in 10.5. Not a big deal because it can be lofted down .

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

@My2Dogs LOL. I did have a TPC breakfast burrito before we teed off....but I actually have no idea how its so long. Ive played 4 rounds since I picked it up and the numbers haven’t changed yet. Still flying them about 300 carry +/- 10 yards either way. My track man numbers with the Gen 2 head and pro Orange 60TX were mid 160s ball speed, 2200 spin. But this prototype is NOTICEABLY hotter off the face. I’m easily getting 10-12 yards more carry and same roll. I havent been on track man with new set up, but I have to be hitting 170+ ball speed to see the distances I’m seeing on the course.