2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Costco MGI Navigator AT Deal

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, DCSerafin said:

I think the top compartment (at least on my AT) is for a mobile device holder.

I have done a couple things to improve the performance / stabilize the bag and cart:

1.) To stop the bag from shifting (SunMountain 4.5LS),  I build my own version of the Clicgear Cozy (because there are none available, at least in the US). It works like a charm and is not noticeable.

2.) To stabilize the cart,  I purchased a Seapearls scuba diving 5LB weight off of Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00355GL5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I attach it using a couple velcro straps and my big sits right on top of it. It takes me 30 seconds to attach it.

Played about 20 rounds without both of these enhancement and and 10 rounds with it.

It has been a game changer for me.

Is the weight mainly to get the bag higher so it's clamping more of the bag? I picked up a titleist hybrid 5-way thinking that would solve the issue (tired my linksmaster and a UA bag, both sucked), but it still sits way too low in the clamp 

10 hours ago, Krt22 said:

Is the weight mainly to get the bag higher so it's clamping more of the bag? I picked up a titleist hybrid 5-way thinking that would solve the issue (tired my linksmaster and a UA bag, both sucked), but it still sits way too low in the clamp 

No, the 5# dive weight in the front acts as a counterweight, to move the center of gravity forward, offsetting the top heavy irons at the rear, leading to fewer rear tip overs when climbing hills.   

• Like 1

For slipping, you could also put a clip on...

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:40 PM, Krt22 said:

I use mine as a spacer to get the beg up as well as a counter weight like Golf_Nerd said. The stand foot of my SunMountain 4.5LS just barely hits the Navigators bottom support arms, so I wish the 5# weight was a little thinner but it's working. The additional couple inches of height allows the top strap to grab better than when the weight isn't there. I do use the clicgear cozy though,which is pretty nice. 

15 hours ago, NuclearJay said:

I use mine as a spacer to get the beg up as well as a counter weight like Golf_Nerd said. The stand foot of my SunMountain 4.5LS just barely hits the Navigators bottom support arms, so I wish the 5# weight was a little thinner but it's working. The additional couple inches of height allows the top strap to grab better than when the weight isn't there. I do use the clicgear cozy though,which is pretty nice. 

You were able to modify it to fit onto the MGI upper clamps?

• 2 months later...

Has anyone taken this cart to Bandon Dunes?  If so, how did it perform?  Any issues?  

My friends have taken it to Chambers Bay with no issues but there are a couple holes at Bandon where I recall there are railroad ties for stairs so might be tricky.

I had ACL reconstruction 3 months ago and going to Bandon over Thanksgiving.  My ortho said not to carry my clubs.  I was able to demo the non-AT version of the cart at my club and loved it.

From the Bandon Dunes website FAQs: "The sand and lack of paths can be difficult on motorized pull carts."

• 4 weeks later...

Prices on all CostCo clearance items end in 97 cents. Surprised the Navigator AT is being "clearanced out," even by an individual CostCo store. In the past, they have been on sale for 24 hours for $300 off the $1599 regular price, and only on a select few days a year! Still $1599 online.

Edited by Golf_Nerd
I was wrong!
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Golf_Nerd said:

Has to be the X2 including sales tax.

Also, prices on all CostCo clearance items end in 97 cents, not 99.

Navigator AT is certainly not being "clearanced out!" 

At best, it may be on sale for 24 hours for $300 off the $1599 regular price, but not now, and only on a select few days a year! 

Yup, $999.97

3E966515-776A-44A2-89A6-1EEF21C4FBA5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walt190 said:

Yup, $999.97

3E966515-776A-44A2-89A6-1EEF21C4FBA5.jpeg

That is definitely a store clearance, with the 97 cents at the end, and a great deal. That's also the same SKU number as the $1599 online version with all the accessories. Likely limited to stock on hand. Most CostCo's don't carry them in the store.  Worth a trip to Palm Desert or La Quinta CA, if they aren't already all gone! 

MGI Zip Navigator AT, All Terrain Electric Golf Cart Bundle

Item   1362627

Edited by Golf_Nerd

58 minutes ago, Walt190 said:

I’m not sure since they appear to be clearance. Do you have a local Costco and do they have them at a different price? I know online says $1599.

Did it include all the accessories, like the seat, water bottle holder, and scorecard holder? Those certainly aren't worth more than $100, even if it didn't! 

19 hours ago, Walt190 said:

I’m not sure since they appear to be clearance. Do you have a local Costco and do they have them at a different price? I know online says $1599.

Thanks. I called Costco.com to see if they would price match and they would not. I also called the club to see if they would ship it to me but they weren't able to do so. None of these are at any Costco locations near me. 

Oh well... it's a great deal for those living close to the location. Thanks for posting. 

Edited by lespaulist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lespaulist said:

Thanks. I called Costco.com to see if they would price match and they would not. I also called the club to see if they would ship it to me but they weren't able to do so. None of these are at any Costco locations near me. 

Oh well... it's a great deal for those living close to the location. Thanks for posting. 

You’re welcome. 

That is a great price. A person could buy several of them and make $300 profit reselling them. 

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Thankfully had a buddy in area and he was able to snag last one for me today. Been waiting for the Costco sale to return and glad I was able to get in on this deal. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym TD
Titleist TSR3 16.5
Callaway Paradym 18

Srixon ZX w/ GOST
Titleist T100s w/ Modus 125
MG3 TW Wedges

Titleist T22 Newport

5 hours ago, Golf_Nerd said:

I drove up and picked up two for myself around 5:30pm, leaving three, including the display. Couldn't fit any more into the car! Thanks to @Walt190for sharing the wealth!  264 miles round trip!  Saved $1200 plus tax over the online price! 

17528A05-C5BD-4B11-B2F9-5996FFD30282.jpeg.55167776819267934367fc8c45335e40.jpeg

A3D34CBF-85BE-474C-9355-91E1CB2AD47D.png

4616D2FE-3564-4BCD-AC8D-DEE1FF2E0F27.jpeg.59e2d0b31ff06671f02f0b796c4f0655.jpeg

Yes, definitely worth the trip. I’m happy to hear you were able to snag some.

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, Walt190 said:

I just purchased the Mgi Navigator at Costco for $999.00. They must be clearancing them out.

Thank you man! I just scored the deal of the year thanks to you. I'd been looking for one of these for the last 6 months, but was really hesitating at $1600 (more like $1750 after tax). I was originally waiting for the $300 off deal, but I saw your post and had to see if I could get one. I called the La Quinta Costco at around 11am this morning and they said they had 3 left.

It's a 2.5 hour drive from LA, but I figured it would be worth it. When I got there, I saw the sign and where the carts should be, but nothing was there. A lady told me a guy had just walked off with the floor model - the last one! I was totally bummed but figured it wasn't meant to be. I wasn't going to bother trying Palm Desert as someone in this thread said only La Quinta had any left. Thank god I decided to call! They said they had two left. I zoomed over there.

When I got to the section, I saw the price sign was $850 and got really excited! Then I realized there were no boxes left, but the floor model was still there. A nice guy helped me and after tracking down the box in the back with all of the accessories in it, he gave me another 15% off because it was the floor model.  It's in perfect shape, just a little dusty! They are no longer going to be carrying it in those stores, so it was considered "discontinued." I walked out with the very last one from Palm Desert for $722.50 + tax!

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 3

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

3 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Thank you man! I just scored the deal of the year thanks to you. I'd been looking for one of these for the last 6 months, but was really hesitating at $1600 (more like $1750 after tax). I was originally waiting for the $300 off deal, but I saw your post and had to see if I could get one. I called the La Quinta Costco at around 11am this morning and they said they had 3 left.

It's a 2.5 hour drive from LA, but I figured it would be worth it. When I got there, I saw the sign and where the carts should be, but nothing was there. A lady told me a guy had just walked off with the floor model - the last one! I was totally bummed but figured it wasn't meant to be. I wasn't going to bother trying Palm Desert as someone in this thread said only La Quinta had any left. Thank god I decided to call! They said they had two left. I zoomed over there.

When I got to the section, I saw the price sign was $850 and got really excited! Then I realized there were no boxes left, but the floor model was still there. A nice guy helped me and after tracking down the box in the back with all of the accessories in it, he gave me another 15% off because it was the floor model.  It's in perfect shape, just a little dusty! They are no longer going to be carrying it in those stores, so it was considered "discontinued." I walked out with the very last one from Palm Desert for $722.50 + tax!

Wow, that’s crazy. Thanks for letting me know and great for you. You took a chance and it paid off big time. I love it!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lookylookitzadam said:

Random question:

Has anyone tested what happens when you’re cart gets out of remote range or the remote battery dies? I’m curious if the cart will stop when it loses remote connection or just keeps going. 

According to page 16, section 7.7 Remote Range and Safety Tips, of the User Manual (Version 3.0), the cart continues traveling for 5 seconds, and then stops.

Lots can happen in 5 seconds at full speed. At a mere 7mph, in 5 seconds, the cart will travel an additional 51 feet before stopping! I suspect the 5 second delay is because signal could be momentarily interrupted for a variety of innocuous reasons, such as a temporary signal obstruction, but after 5 seconds, it is presumed to be out of range, or the remote battery has died, and the cart needs an automatic safety stop. If last moving under manual control, even if out of signal range of the remote, it never stops! Range is supposed to be 100 yards, but mine is well over 250 yards, established by sending it out down the fairway after teeing off, and remaining at the tee box. Never risked taking it out farther than 250 yards because of the risks of encountering hazards (fairway bunkers, green side bunkers, or ponds) during the 5 additional seconds of travel, after it actually finally loses contact, and I still need one of the clubs in the bag for my approach shot, when I get to my ball! True range on a fully charged remote is likely 300-400 yards! Drone laws require VLOS. I can't reliably see hazards beyond 250 yards any way! 

Edited by Golf_Nerd