Costco MGI Navigator AT Deal

On 11/28/2021 at 7:43 PM, lookylookitzadam said:

Random question:

Has anyone tested what happens when you’re cart gets out of remote range or the remote battery dies? I’m curious if the cart will stop when it loses remote connection or just keeps going. 

I did a test and had my cart about 100 yards away, my nerves decicde that was enough and stopped it.  I think the manual says it's good for over 100 metres.

On 11/26/2021 at 7:48 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

Thank you man! I just scored the deal of the year thanks to you. I'd been looking for one of these for the last 6 months, but was really hesitating at $1600 (more like $1750 after tax). I was originally waiting for the $300 off deal, but I saw your post and had to see if I could get one. I called the La Quinta Costco at around 11am this morning and they said they had 3 left.

It's a 2.5 hour drive from LA, but I figured it would be worth it. When I got there, I saw the sign and where the carts should be, but nothing was there. A lady told me a guy had just walked off with the floor model - the last one! I was totally bummed but figured it wasn't meant to be. I wasn't going to bother trying Palm Desert as someone in this thread said only La Quinta had any left. Thank god I decided to call! They said they had two left. I zoomed over there.

When I got to the section, I saw the price sign was $850 and got really excited! Then I realized there were no boxes left, but the floor model was still there. A nice guy helped me and after tracking down the box in the back with all of the accessories in it, he gave me another 15% off because it was the floor model.  It's in perfect shape, just a little dusty! They are no longer going to be carrying it in those stores, so it was considered "discontinued." I walked out with the very last one from Palm Desert for $722.50 + tax!

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

Score! Looks like Palm Desert store manager further lowered the price to $850.00 on the very day you were there, while the $999.97 price started on November 22nd. Must have discovered some extra ones that weren't on the original store inventory!  Usually, the manager's specials end in 97 cents. Wonder what the 00 cents signifies with EPC next to it! 

1 hour ago, icemonk said:

If anyone in the area no longer wants their's, i'll happily pay more than the return value!

The current resale value is at least $1300, which is the lowest price CostCo has ever sold them at online. I would recommend calling https://kaddymart.com in Oceanside and buying a lightly used CostCo return from him. When the spousal acceptance factor vetoes ownership, many are returned to CostCo unused!  He gets all the CostCo returns and restores them to like new status and sells them for between $1200 and $1300 with a 1 year warranty. Lots of happy customers have recommended him in the CostCo reviews and here. 

7 minutes ago, icemonk said:

Thanks @Golf_Nerd yeah that was plan before I saw this recent deal. 

Good luck! His inventory changes daily, so keep checking back, if he doesn't have one to your liking at the moment. It's almost better to buy a refurbished one that has already been broken in, and serviced, than a brand new one from the factory. He's also the authorized repair agent for MGI in the U.S.. 

2 minutes ago, Golf_Nerd said:

Good luck! His inventory changes daily, so keep checking back, if he doesn't have one to your liking at the moment. It's almost better to buy a refurbished one that has already been broken in, and serviced, than a brand new one from the factory. He's also the authorized repair agent for MGI in the U.S.. 

Yeah have no issues getting one of Ron’s, when he has them available. 

• Thanks 1

Just a friendly reminder since this thread is starting to toe the line a bit.  Posts asking to buy carts need to go in the WTB forum, and posts offering to sell carts need to go in the Classifieds.

Taylormade Sim2 Max, 9*, Diamana ZF-60 S
Taylormade SIM, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 S

Taylormade Sim2 Max 4H, Ventus Blue S

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Steelfiber i95 R +1"

Callaway Jaws MD5 52* DG 115 S +1"
Callaway MD4 56* & 60* DG 115 S +1"
Odyssey White Hot Pro #5, 35"

• 2 weeks later...

Not as hot as the deal a few of our Cali folks got a few weeks back, but the Zip AT is $300 off at Costco right now:

https://www.costco.com/mgi-zip-navigator-at%2c-all-terrain-electric-golf-cart-bundle.product.100504700.html

For any Canadians like myself, especially those in the Toronto area, I'm buying this and using Cross Border Pickups to get it across the border.  We save $500 CAD compared to buying locally, and it's awesome having the Costco return policy if needed in case something goes wrong.

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
Odyssey Black #2

24 minutes ago, SW20 MR2 said:

Not as hot as the deal a few of our Cali folks got a few weeks back, but the Zip AT is $300 off at Costco right now:

https://www.costco.com/mgi-zip-navigator-at%2c-all-terrain-electric-golf-cart-bundle.product.100504700.html

For any Canadians like myself, especially those in the Toronto area, I'm ebuying this and using Cross Border Pickups to get it across the border.  We save $500 CAD compared to buying locally, and it's awesome having the Costco return policy if needed in case something goes wrong.

Great cart, have the Bag Boy version with over 100 rounds this year.  Forgot to charge my battery once and the battery died on the 54th hole, normally I charge every two rounds.  Closest Costco to Toronto is at least a three hour drive with border issues.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:19 AM, SW20 MR2 said:

For any Canadians like myself, especially those in the Toronto area, I'm buying this and using Cross Border Pickups to get it across the border.  We save $500 CAD compared to buying locally, and it's awesome having the Costco return policy if needed in case something goes wrong.

Doing the same thing; going to try Shippsy. Only bad thing is having to pay both NY and Ontario sales tax.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Campbells_Soup said:

Anyone else place an order on this during the sale through Costco that ran until the 24th? I purchased mine on the 16th and still waiting for shipping info has it was supposed to go UPS then got switched by MGI to Fed EX.

Yep, I received the same email regarding the courier change.  Costco never updated my order with the Fedex tracking number, but the MGI rep was able to easily get me the tracking number when I called.  I ordered mine on the 13th and having mine shipped to Niagara Falls, NY.  It's scheduled to arrive on Friday.

• Like 1

Odyssey Black #2

What are folks using for storage on their MGI carts?  I'd like a mesh-type bag that can hang from the handles cause I like to have easy access.  I typically throw things like my rangefinder, spare ball, scorecard in there.  It looks like Clicgear and Bagboy make mesh bags for their carts, but I have no idea if they'd fit the MGI.

Odyssey Black #2

2 hours ago, SW20 MR2 said:

What are folks using for storage on their MGI carts?  I'd like a mesh-type bag that can hang from the handles cause I like to have easy access.  I typically throw things like my rangefinder, spare ball, scorecard in there.  It looks like Clicgear and Bagboy make mesh bags for their carts, but I have no idea if they'd fit the MGI.

I use a baby stroller organizer on my alphard/push cart. Not sure what the handles are like on a MGI or if an organizer will fit on them.

Ping G400 Max 10.5, Tour AD DI 6S

Callaway Rouge 15, Tour AD DI 7S

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours, AMT White X100

Titleist Cold Forged 56

Vokey SM8 60.08M

Bobby Grace Shiloh Short Slant

1 hour ago, mattt987 said:

I use a baby stroller organizer on my alphard/push cart. Not sure what the handles are like on a MGI or if an organizer will fit on them.

That's a good idea!  I should look at stroller accessories.  Probably a lot more options, and quite possibly cheaper than golf-marketed ones.  I was shocked at the cost when I look at the cost of the MGI-branded accessories.

Odyssey Black #2

On 11/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, lookylookitzadam said:

Random question:

Has anyone tested what happens when you’re cart gets out of remote range or the remote battery dies? I’m curious if the cart will stop when it loses remote connection or just keeps going. 

It pings the remote every two seconds. You'll see the green pulse on unlock.

If the cart is out of range, the cart stops.

Note that if the cart is out of range, you are a fool. It's a huge range. If it's more than 20 metres from you, you're doing it wrong.

If you want to try it, go up your local par 5 from the block, and send it full speed. At some point, it'll stop.

• Like 1

410LST 8º, 3w 14.5º, 3h 19º, i210 4i, Blueprint 5-P, Glide Forged 50/54/58. Ping Tour x & MMT105tx shafts. Sigma2 Fetch w/ BGT.

16 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

It pings the remote every two seconds. You'll see the green pulse on unlock.

If the cart is out of range, the cart stops.

Note that if the cart is out of range, you are a fool. It's a huge range. If it's more than 20 metres from you, you're doing it wrong.

If you want to try it, go up your local par 5 from the block, and send it full speed. At some point, it'll stop.

Actually, if it was started from the top control on the cart, it won't stop until 3 minutes have elapsed. If started from the remote, once it is out of control range, it continues for a full 5 seconds before finally stopping!  Range is well over 250 yards! 

22 hours ago, SW20 MR2 said:

The MGI Cooler Bag is one pricey option at $89 but works perfectly. However, the included free seat also has a glove box underneath the seat top that will hold a rangefinder, couple of balls, tees, and scorecards. That's what I use the seat for, but it's also quite comfortable to sit on, as benches are still missing from all golf courses! A Playmate Mini filled with a 6 pack and ice will also fit in the space between the golf bag and the MGI cart behind the MGI Cooler Bag. Hang it from two Bungee cords attached to the top of the upper bag frame. Party on! 

3 hours ago, Golf_Nerd said:

The MGI Cooler Bag is one pricey option at $89 but works perfectly. However, the included free seat also has a glove box underneath the seat top that will hold a rangefinder, couple of balls, tees, and scorecards. That's what I use the seat for, but it's also quite comfortable to sit on, as benches are still missing from all golf courses! A Playmate Mini filled with a 6 pack and ice will also fit in the space between the golf bag and the MGI cart behind the MGI Cooler Bag. Hang it from two Bungee cords attached to the top of the upper bag frame. Party on! 

Thanks.  I'm still waiting for my cart to arrive and didn't realize that the seat had a decent amount of storage.  Will see when I get it in my hands next week.

Odyssey Black #2

23 hours ago, SW20 MR2 said:

Thanks.  I'm still waiting for my cart to arrive and didn't realize that the seat had a decent amount of storage.  Will see when I get it in my hands next week.

The seat storage is not much. There are molded spots for some balls, but all I typically can fit in it is a cell phone and some energy bars. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G425 Tensi Orange

Ping G30 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange

Ping G425 5-SW, UST Recoil ES F4S

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs